5.8

1. Sep 18, 2011
    Michael Bay's so called blockbuster "Pearl Harbor" is a strong biased movie with cheesy dialogue and a terrible script. The next thing the movie needs is more trimming on the film edit (Seriously, 2 hours 58 minutes?), and less preposterous action.
  2. Jun 11, 2011
    Pearl Harbor is a war and love film that re imagines the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor and the Doolittle Raid and tells the story about two Tennessee men named Rafe McCawley and Danny Walker who are now working in the Army Air Corps. Rafe is having a romantic relationship with a nurse named Evelyn as well as trying to struggle with his friendship with Danny, but little do they know thatPearl Harbor is a war and love film that re imagines the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor and the Doolittle Raid and tells the story about two Tennessee men named Rafe McCawley and Danny Walker who are now working in the Army Air Corps. Rafe is having a romantic relationship with a nurse named Evelyn as well as trying to struggle with his friendship with Danny, but little do they know that the Japanese have planned to attack Pearl Harbor.

For a film that has something to do with the most important event from the 1940s, I found this movie to be quite a guilty pleasure. It has the style and the potential of the event, but that's not worth saying much.

The sets were too cheesy, The romance was boring, There were overused clichés, and the storyline was too tiresome and predictable even though it was trying to keep you interested of what's going on. That's it for the bad.

So, what about the good things? Well, I will say this: The cinematography was great, The actors have pretty much talent from their roles, The CGI effects were okay, and the action wasn't that bad. I liked Michael Bay's directing and it has given the actors enough screen time.

Overall, Pearl Harbor isn't good or bad either. It's very mediocre at best, but at least Michael Bay tried. It may not be the best movie you could ever see in your entire life, but it's definitely worth a watch.

3. Nov 29, 2010
    one of my faverite movies of all time. The love story is not as good as the titanics but still enjoyable. The bombing was by far the best of the whole movie and the ending will make you cry the first time you see it.
  4. Sep 19, 2013
    This movie is so superficial and exaggerated, that it feels like an empty hollow shell of a movie that is historically inaccurate with lots of Michael Bay-approved explosions.
  5. Oct 27, 2010
    i remember when this film was coming out i wanted to see it really bad . i love war movies espicially ones based on real wars that are factaul. i was camping at the time and dragged my friends away from are vecation to go see this film . i feel so bad that i made my friends wach this gaurbage . this film had for ever eched why micheal bay is a **** director and always will be . first off ii remember when this film was coming out i wanted to see it really bad . i love war movies espicially ones based on real wars that are factaul. i was camping at the time and dragged my friends away from are vecation to go see this film . i feel so bad that i made my friends wach this gaurbage . this film had for ever eched why micheal bay is a **** director and always will be . first off i find it near impossable to screw up a war film based on actaul events when every thing is writtin for you all you have to do is read a history book and bam you have your scripts but no bay wanted to turn a tragic day in american history into a damn love story ... WTF does a love story have to do with the attack on pearl harbor? not a damn thing .i was expecting a indepth look into the US military and japanese military eplaining this all . but no it was a indepth look at a love triangle with some HORRABLE acting . this was micheal bay trying to rip off james cameron's titanic film . this film takes a HUGE crap on all the people who fought and died at pearl harbor . if i was a vet from that battle id go punch micheal bay in the face and poke his eyes out so he is unable to make more **** films like this. Expand
  6. Oct 19, 2011
    Despite the lame love story, this was a very entertaining World War II movie (dare I say it, better than Saving Private Ryan). Not to mention one of the most patriotic movies out there!
  7. Mar 30, 2011
    I wish that someday Michael Bay is at some resort and something like this would happen to him. He has hit a career low, here. The only movies that are worst than this are Freddy Got Fingered, Battlefield Earth, The Happening, and Transformers 2.
  8. Dec 16, 2010
    So disappointing ... just when i thought Hollywood was going to continue to make great War flicks (which i love btw) this comes out. Not only did it get the sappy "Hollywood spin" but it dragged on and on and I was surprised I was so bored with it half way through. Truly I love War movies and they are my favorite genre but what a bore this was. Only the great special effects saved it fromSo disappointing ... just when i thought Hollywood was going to continue to make great War flicks (which i love btw) this comes out. Not only did it get the sappy "Hollywood spin" but it dragged on and on and I was surprised I was so bored with it half way through. Truly I love War movies and they are my favorite genre but what a bore this was. Only the great special effects saved it from being a total Turkey and eking out a 4! Expand
  9. Dec 3, 2011
    I thought this movie was pure crap! It made me want to puke my lungs out and then eat them again and then puke them out one more time. It's just another one of Michael Bay's nothing but special effect and cool action sequence movies which have absolutely no storyline and rely only special effects. That's why he's said to be one of the worst directors in all of movie making and has only fewI thought this movie was pure crap! It made me want to puke my lungs out and then eat them again and then puke them out one more time. It's just another one of Michael Bay's nothing but special effect and cool action sequence movies which have absolutely no storyline and rely only special effects. That's why he's said to be one of the worst directors in all of movie making and has only few okay movies (Transformers, The Rock). Enough about the director, let's talk about the actual movie I'm reviewing. Let's start with the less weak characteristics of this film. One is the length. There was an intermission and I had to switch the discs. Right when i thought it was finally over and I could get back to my life, it had another 3 hours. A little exaggeration but the movie felt like years to me because of the pain of watching it. It was so boring and just plain stupid that I was actually hesitant to put in the other disc and finish it, because after the first disc, it could have been over. It had a conclusion and everything and nothing was missing but Michael bay had to go and **** up Hollywood once again. Movies like this and Michael bay make me so mad (as you may have guessed) and it embarrasses me that good actors and directors, such as Spielberg and Matt Damon, are working the same jobs as these bozzos. Not only do I hate the length I also hate the acting and storyline. Both were terrible and Ben Affleck is the king of it. Almost every one of his movies (besides The Town and Good Will Hunting) are terrible and his acting is also bad. He's my least favorite actor for sure. The only reason I gave it a one is for it's special effects. They were actually outstanding fo its time and I at least applaud that, but everything else, I boo. So don't waste your time watchin this. It just makes me want to shoot my own movie and compare the two of them. In conclusion, MINES BETTER!! Take that Mike. Expand
  10. Sep 13, 2011
    The movie was good especially when they play chicken with the zeros, the only reason i didn't give it a 10 was because, the story line was thrown off when the girl cheated on the main character.
  11. Oct 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Way too long. Quite boring too. If there was actually content, it might do justice to the length. But the only bit of action (where Japanese attack Pearl Harbor) is not well done or connected to the story. I mean, how the hell do these idiots hope to take down planes with a shotgun or thompson? Expand
  12. Jan 26, 2012
    Throughout many areas of acting, it was corny, the script was retarded, several actors were miscast in their roles, the story was lifeless and unappealing, and the historical inaccuracy suffers from a poorly-written back-and-forth plot. In fact, many action sequences were misguided despite a lot of entertaining explosions. I am NOT impressed.
  13. Feb 9, 2013
    Except for a 40 minutes of massive explosions and pretty good film making while the Japanese attack, the movie couldn't be more boring, phony, and irritating.
  14. Dec 30, 2013
    Directed by Michael Bay, "Pearl Harbor" is an explosive and action-packed war film. That being said, its script and acting are simply terrible in many places. The dialogue in serious moments are so cheesy, you honestly want to laugh instead of realizing the situation and become emotional. Well, once again, Michael Bay impresses us with his action, but overall resembles a disappointment.
  15. Nov 7, 2012
    The most incoherent plotless war film I've ever been forced to sit through in my entire life.
  16. Apr 30, 2013
    Pearl Harbor. Yeah, it's another Micheal Bay movie. People think it's the best movie ever. Trust me a one time watch only. So, Pearl Harbor is about 2 friends who get twindled in love with a girl while fighting the sadistc Vietnam horror. This film revolves around Japanese warriors fighting Alec Baldwin. F**k yeah! This movie is good for two things- Acting and Story.
  17. Nov 26, 2013
    I need u like Ben Affleck needs acting school
    He was terrible in that film
    I need u like Cuba Gooding needed a bigger part
    He's way better than Ben Affleck
  18. Nov 10, 2014
    i can not believe that critics are disliking this film it was better then ' The Notebook' it had volume that was was emotionally intimate that Ben Affleck's loving performance with Kate Beckinsale take that best couple ever on screen then Ryan Gosling and Rachel Mcadams !!!!!!!!!!! take that. Micheal Bay does it again !!!!!!!! makes another great film like Bad Boys , The Rock). afteri can not believe that critics are disliking this film it was better then ' The Notebook' it had volume that was was emotionally intimate that Ben Affleck's loving performance with Kate Beckinsale take that best couple ever on screen then Ryan Gosling and Rachel Mcadams !!!!!!!!!!! take that. Micheal Bay does it again !!!!!!!! makes another great film like Bad Boys , The Rock). after Bay's film Bad Boys was with cops , robbers explosions well that was the beginning of his career with explosions , rage , best music. Grade !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A+ Expand
  19. Aug 12, 2014
    The problem of "Pearl Harbor" is that it focuses merely on some well-done visuals. Except for this, everything else, including screenwriting, acting performances, casting, direction, soundtrack, are of a such low quality that the whole film feels like an insult. The historical background is exploited only in terms of CGI and there is neither accuracy nor a meaning in what is presented as aThe problem of "Pearl Harbor" is that it focuses merely on some well-done visuals. Except for this, everything else, including screenwriting, acting performances, casting, direction, soundtrack, are of a such low quality that the whole film feels like an insult. The historical background is exploited only in terms of CGI and there is neither accuracy nor a meaning in what is presented as a historical drama. Expand

It's a Ritalin-deprived sensibility, but it keeps you skating over the dull spots, in which the film unfortunately is rich.
  2. Fiction and fantasy to evade reflection on the world we actually live in.
  3. If you decide to hit the concessions stand (where you're bound to have lots of company), I'd suggest going out for popcorn during either the first hour or the third, because the second features some pretty good big-screen effects involving planes, ships, and explosions.