5.8

1. Nov 26, 2013
    I need u like Ben Affleck needs acting school
    He was terrible in that film
    I need u like Cuba Gooding needed a bigger part
    He's way better than Ben Affleck
  2. Sep 19, 2013
    This movie is so superficial and exaggerated, that it feels like an empty hollow shell of a movie that is historically inaccurate with lots of Michael Bay-approved explosions.
  3. Feb 9, 2013
    Except for a 40 minutes of massive explosions and pretty good film making while the Japanese attack, the movie couldn't be more boring, phony, and irritating.
  4. Nov 7, 2012
    The most incoherent plotless war film I've ever been forced to sit through in my entire life.
  5. Jan 26, 2012
    Throughout many areas of acting, it was corny, the script was retarded, several actors were miscast in their roles, the story was lifeless and unappealing, and the historical inaccuracy suffers from a poorly-written back-and-forth plot. In fact, many action sequences were misguided despite a lot of entertaining explosions. I am NOT impressed.
  6. Dec 3, 2011
    I thought this movie was pure crap! It made me want to puke my lungs out and then eat them again and then puke them out one more time. It's just another one of Michael Bay's nothing but special effect and cool action sequence movies which have absolutely no storyline and rely only special effects. That's why he's said to be one of the worst directors in all of movie making and has only few okay movies (Transformers, The Rock). Enough about the director, let's talk about the actual movie I'm reviewing. Let's start with the less weak characteristics of this film. One is the length. There was an intermission and I had to switch the discs. Right when i thought it was finally over and I could get back to my life, it had another 3 hours. A little exaggeration but the movie felt like years to me because of the pain of watching it. It was so boring and just plain stupid that I was actually hesitant to put in the other disc and finish it, because after the first disc, it could have been over. It had a conclusion and everything and nothing was missing but Michael bay had to go and **** up Hollywood once again. Movies like this and Michael bay make me so mad (as you may have guessed) and it embarrasses me that good actors and directors, such as Spielberg and Matt Damon, are working the same jobs as these bozzos. Not only do I hate the length I also hate the acting and storyline. Both were terrible and Ben Affleck is the king of it. Almost every one of his movies (besides The Town and Good Will Hunting) are terrible and his acting is also bad. He's my least favorite actor for sure. The only reason I gave it a one is for it's special effects. They were actually outstanding fo its time and I at least applaud that, but everything else, I boo. So don't waste your time watchin this. It just makes me want to shoot my own movie and compare the two of them. In conclusion, MINES BETTER!! Take that Mike. Expand
  7. Oct 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Way too long. Quite boring too. If there was actually content, it might do justice to the length. But the only bit of action (where Japanese attack Pearl Harbor) is not well done or connected to the story. I mean, how the hell do these idiots hope to take down planes with a shotgun or thompson? Expand
  8. Sep 18, 2011
    Michael Bay's so called blockbuster "Pearl Harbor" is a strong biased movie with cheesy dialogue and a terrible script. The next thing the movie needs is more trimming on the film edit (Seriously, 2 hours 58 minutes?), and less preposterous action.
  9. Mar 30, 2011
    I wish that someday Michael Bay is at some resort and something like this would happen to him. He has hit a career low, here. The only movies that are worst than this are Freddy Got Fingered, Battlefield Earth, The Happening, and Transformers 2.
  10. Dec 16, 2010
    So disappointing ... just when i thought Hollywood was going to continue to make great War flicks (which i love btw) this comes out. Not only did it get the sappy "Hollywood spin" but it dragged on and on and I was surprised I was so bored with it half way through. Truly I love War movies and they are my favorite genre but what a bore this was. Only the great special effects saved it from being a total Turkey and eking out a 4! Expand
  11. Oct 27, 2010
    i remember when this film was coming out i wanted to see it really bad . i love war movies espicially ones based on real wars that are factaul. i was camping at the time and dragged my friends away from are vecation to go see this film . i feel so bad that i made my friends wach this gaurbage . this film had for ever eched why micheal bay is a **** director and always will be . first off i find it near impossable to screw up a war film based on actaul events when every thing is writtin for you all you have to do is read a history book and bam you have your scripts but no bay wanted to turn a tragic day in american history into a damn love story ... WTF does a love story have to do with the attack on pearl harbor? not a damn thing .i was expecting a indepth look into the US military and japanese military eplaining this all . but no it was a indepth look at a love triangle with some HORRABLE acting . this was micheal bay trying to rip off james cameron's titanic film . this film takes a HUGE crap on all the people who fought and died at pearl harbor . if i was a vet from that battle id go punch micheal bay in the face and poke his eyes out so he is unable to make more **** films like this. Expand

It's a Ritalin-deprived sensibility, but it keeps you skating over the dull spots, in which the film unfortunately is rich.
  2. Fiction and fantasy to evade reflection on the world we actually live in.
  3. If you decide to hit the concessions stand (where you're bound to have lots of company), I'd suggest going out for popcorn during either the first hour or the third, because the second features some pretty good big-screen effects involving planes, ships, and explosions.