6.3

1. Mar 17, 2013
    A strong cast along with an engaging story, People Like Us may not be seen by many but should be seen by more. Chris Pine and Elizabeth Banks give two of their best performances and it's always good to see Michelle Pfeiffer.
  2. Aug 10, 2012
    A bit on the long side, but enjoyed the movie. Great acting, and a good story line. Nice work Disney Studios. Was very impressed with Chris Pine and his acting skills.
  3. Jul 10, 2012
    I reviewed the film "People like us" what a film, such great acting and, such a storyline. I had shed a line of tears out of my right eye, after viewing this film. I don't care what bad things anyone says about this film, because I think it is such a beautiful movie. Such great actors and Actresses with such great performances. What a great storyline to be told in such a film. I don't know why it wasn't in second place in movie theatres. Chris Pine's character finds out his recently deceased father left him more that enough money, to pay off his debt, he had enough to go on a long vacation with his girlfriend and shop up the wazoo. But in this movie, he discovers he has an older sister, who was from the first marriage. An affair, which lead to the husband leaving his previous wife and child behind. At the funeral, he had ran into his sister, which she never knew he existed, who also has plenty of problems in her own and a young son. The reason he knew he has an older sibling is through the mother played by Michelle Pfeiffer. She told him the main reason he has an older sister, the affair and the choices his father made in staying with her instead of going back to his first wife. The older sibling, played by Elizabeth Banks had mentioned her father had forgotten about her as usual, because he left her with nothing, even though she was his first child.This happens in real life, and men get away from paying child support, and there's some women too. The man/ woman just walk away easy from his/her first family and abandon them all together. The older sibling felt no real emotions, because her father had walked completely out of her life, and leaving a very empty hole in her heart, not to be filled. That is such a sick thing and so sad. This film is so original, meaning it is no remade over. This film should definitely be nominated for best film in drama category and great acting. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Bilge Ebiri
    Jul 1, 2012
    As usual, it's Banks, who's turning great performances in lousy movies into some kind of brilliant career strategy.
  2. Reviewed by: Ty Burr
    Jun 29, 2012
    People Like Us is neither optimal nor prime.
  3. Reviewed by: Joe Williams
    Jun 29, 2012
    Pine and the always-watchable Banks make the best of a bad screenplay, but People Like Us gives us nothing that we can relate to.