7.0

1. Jun 8, 2012
    Terrible. I wanted so badly to like this film, but it was terrible....boring...in opposition to one critic's review, it was in fact over-stylized and redundantly abstract. The voice-over narration was annoying and inappropriate. The relationship between the two main characters seemed forced and insincere. I am usually very fond of under-the-radar films, especially with talented actors, butTerrible. I wanted so badly to like this film, but it was terrible....boring...in opposition to one critic's review, it was in fact over-stylized and redundantly abstract. The voice-over narration was annoying and inappropriate. The relationship between the two main characters seemed forced and insincere. I am usually very fond of under-the-radar films, especially with talented actors, but I was sorely disappointed with this film. I wanted to stop it halfway through, but I'm not one to quit something once I've started it. But all in all, it was a waste of my evening. I wasn't left wondering about any great dilemma in the world or pondering the intricacies of relationships. I was left bored and uninspired. Hope this helps. Expand
  2. Jun 21, 2013
    Don't let the fact that this film participated in the Sundance Film Festival fool you. It is an attempt at telling a tale of lovers tormented by an apocalyptic epidemic, which results in a black mood and a boring plot.

1. Reviewed by: Alison Willmore
    Feb 8, 2012
    The perseverance of McGregor's restaurant, in spite of its apparent inutility in the changing world, ends up having more poignancy than his parting and reuniting with the glowering Green.
  2. Reviewed by: Lisa Schwarzbaum
    Feb 8, 2012
    Ewan McGregor and Eva Green are easy on the eyes as lovers in Perfect Sense, an intriguing apocalyptic romance with a multi-purpose title.
  3. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    Feb 8, 2012
    Perfect Sense offers an epic tale seen through the prism of a tiny, intimate story. It's the inverse of "Contagion," which sacrificed character to scope.