7.3

1. May 29, 2011
    The movie, of course, is a romanticized version, and even a little imaginative from the book, which is gross, greedy, nasty and wonderful. The most demanding, observing every detail of the adjustments, you might not like this. I loved it. Even after the book that blew me away, I could watch this movie and find extremely beautiful. With a gripping story, takes you on a visual journey to there and gives us a rich history of this man, Grenouille. Ben Whishaw **** perfect on paper. The scene of the "execution" it is one of the craziest I've ever seen. Hard to take your eyes off the television. Expand
  2. Apr 5, 2012
    I have read the book, of course, years before I watched the movie. Patrick Suskind's masterpiece can't compete with this movie. Yet, the movie is a masterpiece itself, it is not the faithful image of the book, it is different, it has its own value. The performances were excellent, Great direction too! And the visuals....WOW!....the photography left me speechless! It is one of my favourite movies ever!...my favourite part? THE ENDING! IT IS JUST SPECTACULARLY FLAWLESS Do not miss it! WATCH this film for it is a hidden diamond! Expand
  3. Mar 12, 2014
    Perfume is a seriously awesome experience. The characters, the story, the acting, the music, everything is nearly perfect. The surprise ending was really mind-blowing.
  4. Feb 20, 2012
    It is a disturbing movie! The book is a page turning and the adapatation is appropriate. The main actor '' grenouille '' came from nowhere and gave us a great performance.
  5. May 26, 2012
    I didnt like this movie at all. It's really sadist and incredibly annoying to watch. I watched it a month ago and I still can't believe what I've seen. The actors are amazing and the pressure that makes me feel its weird but I dont know, I just dont feel good about it.
  6. Oct 5, 2013
    this movie makes me feel that life is an art! any smell, color sound is perfect a visual beauty highlighting the most beautiful colors and places. on the other hand shows a macabre and brutal reality of this times! Perfume is a Great an powerful Masterpiece full of love passion art music colors and murder.

1. Reviewed by: Bernard Besserglik
    Long regarded as unfilmable, Patrick Suskind's 1985 novel "Perfume" has finally reached the screen in a blockbuster production that succeeds reasonably well in achieving what many said was beyond the scope of cinema: conveying the world of scent and smell.
  2. Reviewed by: Derek Elley
    The seductive, sensory prose of Patrick Suskind's bestseller, "Perfume," reaches the screen with loads of visual panache but only intermittent magic.
    A memorable and outrageous movie, but one more likely to be remembered as a massive folly than a whopping success.