Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: April 4, 2003
8.8
Universal acclaim based on 465 Ratings
WATCH NOW
grandpajoe6191Sep 28, 2011
"Phonebooth" demonstrates that Director Joel Schumacher, despite the massive Cliches and disjointed script he created, can actually direct decent movies.
TonyB.Jan 20, 2006
If we are willing to suspend our disbelief, we can accept the premise. A number of the film's scenes, however, particularly the whores-pimp sequence, strain all credulity. "Phone Booth" is well acted and crisply edited and never boring.
0 of 1 users found this helpful
beingryanjudeSep 1, 2014
With the restrictions of the phone booth, Joel Schumacher does a fine job of stylish direction and brevity. Colin Farrell may just give the performance of his entire career.
MattM.Apr 8, 2003
Tepid suspense thriller seems long even at a surprisingly brief 82 minutes. Too much talk and not enough action. Farrell's strong performance and Schumacher's slick camerawork are about the only redeeming elements in this absurd picture.
J.NamluApr 6, 2003
Colin Farrell at his best, Joel Schumacher at his worst.
ChristopherN.Apr 8, 2003
:yawn: even after only 80 minutes, this one put me to sleep. Thriller? Nope.
DamianP.Apr 9, 2003
There's a good chance that you'll enjoy this one. Colin Farrell has a rosey future!
HortonM.May 6, 2003
While it did have some weak points, it had an overall strong story with good characters and good acting.
JanetS.Apr 5, 2003
This movie was in mothballs for over 2 1/2 years before it was released. Just a so-so movie in a week of bad releases. If you must see it, rent it.
MattN.Feb 17, 2004
Rented this last night with friends. It was gimmicky, but it did keep everyone's attention. We laughed at some of the silly plot missteps but decided it wasn't a waste of time. I think Colin Farrell is actually a decent actor.