7.9

1. Sep 28, 2011
    "Phonebooth" demonstrates that Director Joel Schumacher, despite the massive Cliches and disjointed script he created, can actually direct decent movies.
  2. TonyB.
    Jan 20, 2006
    If we are willing to suspend our disbelief, we can accept the premise. A number of the film's scenes, however, particularly the whores-pimp sequence, strain all credulity. "Phone Booth" is well acted and crisply edited and never boring.
  3. Sep 1, 2014
    With the restrictions of the phone booth, Joel Schumacher does a fine job of stylish direction and brevity. Colin Farrell may just give the performance of his entire career.
  4. MattM.
    Apr 8, 2003
    Tepid suspense thriller seems long even at a surprisingly brief 82 minutes. Too much talk and not enough action. Farrell's strong performance and Schumacher's slick camerawork are about the only redeeming elements in this absurd picture.
  5. J.Namlu
    Apr 6, 2003
    Colin Farrell at his best, Joel Schumacher at his worst.
  6. ChristopherN.
    Apr 8, 2003
    :yawn: even after only 80 minutes, this one put me to sleep. Thriller? Nope.
  7. DamianP.
    Apr 9, 2003
    There's a good chance that you'll enjoy this one. Colin Farrell has a rosey future!
  8. HortonM.
    May 6, 2003
    While it did have some weak points, it had an overall strong story with good characters and good acting.
  9. JanetS.
    Apr 5, 2003
    This movie was in mothballs for over 2 1/2 years before it was released. Just a so-so movie in a week of bad releases. If you must see it, rent it.
  10. MattN.
    Feb 17, 2004
    Rented this last night with friends. It was gimmicky, but it did keep everyone's attention. We laughed at some of the silly plot missteps but decided it wasn't a waste of time. I think Colin Farrell is actually a decent actor.

At only 84 minutes, Phone Booth's brevity turns out to be its only saving grace.
    Schumacher's depictions of street life are cartoonishly ludicrous and riddled with cliches -- a pair of garish hookers, for instance, can't be excused simply because one is played with engaging vigor by Paula Jai Parker.
  3. The result is a movie that combines a seriousness of purpose with an impish delight in craft, in a way Hitchcock would have appreciated.