7.6

1. RegisteredIndependentJoel
    Sep 26, 2003
    Smart, edgy, paranoid and interesting, unlike any other movie I've ever seen. The ending is a bit of a letdown, which is the only reason I don't give it a 10. Highly recommended.
  2. DanielC.
    Jul 11, 2006
    Confusing Plot? Maybe, but repeat viewings are very enjoyable. The sound effects and the drum & bass soundtrack are completely awesome. The filming was so very well done. Utterly unique. We see the simplicity of the circle and the maddening complexity of Pi - 3.141 off in to infinity.
  3. NinjaMafia
    Feb 16, 2004
    Smart, clever, disturbing. All are words that can define this modern day classic of chaos. A math genius has spent years upon years of trying to find a pattern in the stock market. However, corrupt journalists, and a psycopathic cult want him for their own needs. The journalists want the stock market pattern so that they could have ultimate power over it. The cult, while not so much of a Smart, clever, disturbing. All are words that can define this modern day classic of chaos. A math genius has spent years upon years of trying to find a pattern in the stock market. However, corrupt journalists, and a psycopathic cult want him for their own needs. The journalists want the stock market pattern so that they could have ultimate power over it. The cult, while not so much of a cult as a crazed jewish following, beleive that he can find out Gods true name. The film was brialliantly shot in black and white. Although, there were some scenes that were extremely confusing because of the constant rocking camera. The ending is shocking. I would be skeptical if people didn't do this in his situation. Not a perfect film by all means. There were some things that were too confusing and probably would take repeated viewings to undersatnd. Overall, this movie seems to be extremely underated and must be seen by all who can stand a confusing plot. Expand
  4. SaTaN
    Jul 8, 2006
    I love this movie! It is truly a work of art.
  5. Nov 7, 2010
    Pi has an strange and stressful atmosphere. Don't get me wrong, this is an unique accomplishment done only by Aronosky. He has the ability to maintain us worried all the time during almost all the movie. Here, we can see his first famous hip-hop montage and the use of the snorricam. Flirting with cyberpunk over moments, Pi combines thriller with religious and cosmic themes and thePi has an strange and stressful atmosphere. Don't get me wrong, this is an unique accomplishment done only by Aronosky. He has the ability to maintain us worried all the time during almost all the movie. Here, we can see his first famous hip-hop montage and the use of the snorricam. Flirting with cyberpunk over moments, Pi combines thriller with religious and cosmic themes and the dangerous outcome if discovered by a sole individual. Shot in black and white and with an intense score by Mansell, Pi is really an excellent piece of art. Collapse

1. Reviewed by: Bruce Diones
    Aronofsky's delirious, Kafkaesque writing and imaginatively distorted camerawork don't quite add up, but it's fascinating, hallucinogenic film work.
    In the end, it's primarily a brain teaser, obtuse and ultimately limited in its emotional impact.
  3. It is a brilliant intellectual adventure that fans of bold independent filmmaking will want to experience, even though the ending is something of a letdown.