7.2

1. Aug 9, 2014
    THIS IS MY FAVOURITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME.
    Saul is my favourite character of all time and the final battle sequence is my sequence of all time. 10/10 would recommend.
  2. Mar 3, 2014
    If you like action comedies this is your movie. And if you also like stoner movies than this is definitely your movie. It will probably keep you laughing the whole time. James Franco is so awesome in this movie. So I give this movie a 9 out of 10. Thanks for reading.
  3. Aug 6, 2013
    The genius but absurdity that comes with Seth Rogan and Evan Goldberg is now a welcome relief to the cinema, breathing life into buddy movies and creating one of the funniest drug-related films in recent memory.
    Seth Rogan plays Dale, who teams up with his drug dealer pal Saul, played by James Franco, who puts a very new and hilarious performance as the unorthodox dealer, who must go on the run with Dale after Dale witnesses a murder, a simple premise, with plenty of drug use, realistic and observational comedy where the humour borders on obscene and absurd. While the plot does offer serious turns in tone, it's the 'bromance" and chemistry between Franco and Rogen that keeps the film ticking on, with the usual suspects involved, gunfights, drug war and Seth Rogan using references to other films and celebrities to defuse a serious situation. The title is where the trouble of the film starts, a rare form of marajuana that Saul gets his hands on, but manages to reach Ted (Gary Cole), a dangerous man working with a corrupt cop Where the film truly shows strength is its visual stimuli and situations it creates for our characters to seize the opportunity to make us laugh, smashing a guys head into a wall, putting the same person through his own sink, a dealer who needs to put on hip hop music to get into his dealing 'zone', but turns it back to soulful music when his buyers have left.
    If people aren't satisfied from the drug abuse angle, because lets face it these guys are high for the most part of the film, they should be satisfied with the comedy on offer, its nice to see the diversity that Franco has to offer, and also how he can fit into the Seth Rogan 'friend' routine, where these guys just talk to each other as if they aren't filming, but just sitting having a drink. Also making a hilarious turn is Danny McBride, who simply wants to have a group of pals to hang out with, its a clever way to make the film more approachable and relatable in hilarious fashion.
    One of the most irreverent but bang on funny films of its time, counting to parody many films of the genre but managing to use its own wit against them.
  4. Jun 15, 2013
    One of my favorite stoner movies of all time! Absolutely hilarious regardless if you're high or not, Seth Rogen and James Franco compliment each other perfectly.
  5. Jan 20, 2013
    Seth Rogen and James Franco create a dynamic duo of hilarity in "Pineapple Express". The cast of this riot of comedy seemed to have enjoyed themselves, which in terms made makes me enjoy the film.
  6. Dec 25, 2012
    Along with extreme action, this movie is hilariously funny and deserves to be liked. Why else am i writing reviews for good movies. If you like comedy and action/violence, this is the movie.
  7. Nov 28, 2012
    The Brian Gordon Green directed "Pineapple Express" tells the story of Dale Denton (Rogen) and Saul Silver (Franco), two pot-smoking friends who end up becoming deeply involved with a gang ruthless drug dealers. Now, I had always heard "Pineapple Express" was a brilliant blend of genres, and that's what it is - a great stoner comedy that successfully blends buddy-action elements into it'sThe Brian Gordon Green directed "Pineapple Express" tells the story of Dale Denton (Rogen) and Saul Silver (Franco), two pot-smoking friends who end up becoming deeply involved with a gang ruthless drug dealers. Now, I had always heard "Pineapple Express" was a brilliant blend of genres, and that's what it is - a great stoner comedy that successfully blends buddy-action elements into it's story. The script was hilarious, as it's written by Seth Rogen himself and fellow successful screenwriter Evan Goldberg. The comedic elements written into said script ,although low-brow and often dark, came off as very breezy and ended up being one of the key factors of appeal for the film. Though the best part about the film, for me, was the really believable chemistry between James Franco and Seth Rogen. The two have worked together before on the cult television series "Freaks And Geeks", and their real-life friendship transfers very beautifully on film. Surprisingly enough, the movie also featured a sufficient amount of thrills and action - especially towards the end. Overall, I found "Pineapple Express" to be a delightfully funny buddy-stoner-action-comedy that brought the laughs and surprises in shovelfuls. Expand
  8. May 29, 2012
    Great Movie for Stoners. I can't tell if it's good for people who are not smoking pot. I think the movie got some great jokes and funny characters ( especially Saul and Red)
  9. Oct 4, 2011
    A different plot from the norm of stoner films it is still nothing special but this film has a ton of funny moments and you will enjoy it if you like comedy, stoner films or if you are a stoner
  10. May 23, 2011
    like a grandparent you haven't seen in a while, pineapple express rambles on and on too long without anything let alone amusing get absorbed into your hearing.
  11. May 21, 2011
    I LOVE THIS MOVIE IT WAS SO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! james franco and danny mcbride and craig robertson were hilarious.. this is what comedy is all about. but the ending is bloody as hell. great script. funny lines. great movie. i love it!!!!!!
  12. Feb 14, 2011
    Pineapple Express is a movie I didn't expect much from but ultimately turned into a movie I really enjoyed, it's a HILARIOUS movie about a stoner who witnessed a murder, now and him and his dealer are on the run, if you like comedies or Seth Rogen you'll love this movie.
  13. Jan 29, 2011
    Before I watched this, I thouht it was just a stupid stoner comedy. Well, technically it is that. But it manages to be awesome at the same time. Pineapple Express is easily one of the best comedies I've seen in years. The acting is great, especially from James Franco, the writing is hilarious, and the action is awesome! Overall, this is an epic comedy that will make your face hurt.
  14. Dec 5, 2010
    Good characters, easy following plot and just absolutely hilarious jokes. You just HAVE to love Seth Rogen and James Franco! I recommend this to people who enjoy stoner films.

1. Reviewed by: Bob Mondello
    Probably the most artful of the Apatow Factory comedies so far, but that's not to suggest it doesn't take being sweetly dumb just as seriously as the rest.
  2. It's with that action aspect that Pineapple Express differs from Apatow's previous production output, and though, the words "taut" and "pulse-pounding" would never apply, the giddily over-the-top fight sequences, choreographed by veteran stunt coordinator Gary Hymes, handily compensate for the lag time.
  3. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    This rambunctious paean to pot retains the trademark Apatow sweetness even as it careens from messy vulgarisms to even messier violence.