6.0

1. RobertH
    May 30, 2007
    A morose tone, messy narrative, and superfluous subplots make this a real disappointment. The summer season has definitely seen better films.
  2. KyleH
    Jun 2, 2007
    It pretty much comes down to this: Do you like pirates? Do you like Johnny Depp? Do you like Keira Knightly? Do you like escapism? Can you not be cynical for 2 1/2 hours? If you answered "no" to any of these questions, save yourself the time and save us from having to listen to you complain.
  3. guy!
    Sep 5, 2007
    Kinda strange, really long and complex, but if you're one of those guys who love non-stop, completely intense, in-your-face action; then this is your movie.
  4. Philter137
    May 27, 2007
    Sadly, this movie was a big disappointment for me. There were some good aspects - the sets, costumes and special effects were excellent and deserve to be recognised for their technical complexity and flawlessness, BUT... the story was unsteady, unengaging and at times difficult to follow. The dialouge was forgettable, the humor was tired, the peformances mostly lacklustre. The worst error Sadly, this movie was a big disappointment for me. There were some good aspects - the sets, costumes and special effects were excellent and deserve to be recognised for their technical complexity and flawlessness, BUT... the story was unsteady, unengaging and at times difficult to follow. The dialouge was forgettable, the humor was tired, the peformances mostly lacklustre. The worst error was the pacing - long unmoving conversations that failed to draw you into the story, followed by action sequences that built up too quickly to a fever pitch and stayed there forever, a steady stream of exaggerated feats and narrow escapes, one after the other, over and over and over - the result; a solid wall of audio and video noise that quickly became boring. Expand
  5. KoreyW.
    May 29, 2007
    Movie was a little bit long. If you can understand what is happening with jack and the others then it's a very good movie. Plenty of room though to make it very hard to follow. Good effects and a little more violent than most disney movies.
  6. Elena
    Jun 3, 2007
    Discombobulated from the original. Just a lot of special effects to take advantage of the first Pirates and separate us, the suckers, from our hard earned money. What did P T Barnum once say.
  7. WilliamH
    May 29, 2007
    All I kind think afterword was I want 3 hours of my life back.
  8. Bobbie
    May 31, 2007
    Totally lame without any chemistry. Wooden acting and quite frankly too long and boring.
  9. AricM.
    May 30, 2007
    This movie left me angry. A complete waste of time.
  10. DaveW.
    May 24, 2007
    More proof that Pirates should have been left as a single film (just like the Matrix) the sequels only dilute what a brilliant film the original was. Its just too long and rambling, the whole cast to use from the first but it has no sparkle or any really great moments, shame.
  11. FabioP.
    May 25, 2007
    Good Lord, that was disappointing. I loved Curse of the black pearl and liked Dead man's chest, but this was really horrible. There's no script at all, and the whole movie is an utterly boring sequence of dialogues which barely have sense. No wit, no humour, and most of all NO ACTION: in 2 hours and 40 minutes, only the last part is somewhat exciting, even if uninspired. Oh, and Good Lord, that was disappointing. I loved Curse of the black pearl and liked Dead man's chest, but this was really horrible. There's no script at all, and the whole movie is an utterly boring sequence of dialogues which barely have sense. No wit, no humour, and most of all NO ACTION: in 2 hours and 40 minutes, only the last part is somewhat exciting, even if uninspired. Oh, and did i mention that the characters act like they were psychos, changing their minds every five minutes? This was everything a pirate action movie SHOULD'NT be. Expand
  12. RichardH
    May 25, 2007
    Too long, boring, rubbish script, loads of waffling, retarded ending, etc. etc. On the plus side, it does finish eventually.
  13. BrianDuggan
    May 28, 2007
    Horrible mess of a movie. The plot made hardly any sense. No emotional connection to the actors. And way too over-the-top and long. However, Jerry's special effects team does wonders. Too bad they didn't apply the same level of skill to the film's script.
  14. GregS.
    May 28, 2007
    Long, confusing, and at times, boring. I actually fell asleep at one point
  15. JennyH.
    May 29, 2007
    Absolutely retarded movie. Very poorly plotted and convoluted. I'm not sure the writers could even followed the plot of their own movie.
  16. Jun 11, 2011
    This third installment continues the last adventure of Elizabeth Swann and Will Turner as they, along with the resurrected Barbossa, try to find Jack Sparrow, who got killed in the last movie and is now in the land of the dead. As the pirate ships plan to release the goddess Calypso, Davy Jones's lover, the crew seek the help of Sao Feng and all of the pirate lords and must fight for theirThis third installment continues the last adventure of Elizabeth Swann and Will Turner as they, along with the resurrected Barbossa, try to find Jack Sparrow, who got killed in the last movie and is now in the land of the dead. As the pirate ships plan to release the goddess Calypso, Davy Jones's lover, the crew seek the help of Sao Feng and all of the pirate lords and must fight for their final stand against Beckett, Jones, Norrington, the Flying Dutchman and East India Trading Company while also finding Will Turner's father as well.

(sigh) What?! I only missed two of the sequels to a great movie? UGH! Oh, well. Now to get to my opinion. Like the previous movie, it's not as good as the first.

The dialogue was bad (again), The storytelling was rushed (again), and the storyline was very tiresome. That's it for the bad.

The good things are: The actors did very well at their performances, The CGI was even more cooler, The action was way more better, and the cinematography was a lot of fun.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End may not be one of the best movies of 2007, but like the second installment, it is also a worthy follow up to a great movie with strong performances and fond farewells to Orlando Bloom and Kiera Knightley.

17. Dec 11, 2011
    "At World's End" script is clearly lacking some sense of purpose or direction. Director Gore Verbinski succeeds at sometimes overwhelming me with spectacular action sequences but he can't make the convoluted plot to take off. My positive score goes to Depp, Knightley and Rush who are awesome as always.
  18. Dec 30, 2011
    Again the story gets emotionally well written at the heart of the movie, but it isn't very well told so the movie definitely suffers. Although it benefits from amazing performance, breathtaking visuals, clever humor which only makes sense if you have seen the first two installments and a great ending well supposed to be ending for an unforgettable franchise. I give this movie 60%.
  19. Jan 12, 2011
    Stunning, absolutely stunning in all ways... UN-describable awesome story and incredible swash-buckling action and it's just... Brilliant and.... WOW
  20. IGiveUp
    Jun 4, 2007
    Too long, impossible to follow, no chemistry, wooden acting, and a lame script. Other than that this trash was wonderful.
  21. Sep 24, 2011
    Man, the story is getting dumber...
  22. RobbyT.
    Dec 7, 2007
    Depp and Rush seem to be the only ones to realize what kind of movie they're really in: a $300 million third installment of a franchise based on a ride at Disney World. Chow-Yun Fat's character is completely useless and Knightley's performance is absurd. Everytime she yelled, "FIRE!" I almost laughed out loud. Overall it is better than the treading water of Dead Man's Depp and Rush seem to be the only ones to realize what kind of movie they're really in: a $300 million third installment of a franchise based on a ride at Disney World. Chow-Yun Fat's character is completely useless and Knightley's performance is absurd. Everytime she yelled, "FIRE!" I almost laughed out loud. Overall it is better than the treading water of Dead Man's Chest, but that isn't saying much. Expand
  23. IainM.
    Jun 15, 2007
    The longest 3 hours of my life, summed up in 3 words - silly, long, dull.
  24. OrvilleS.
    Jun 6, 2007
    Unforgivably dull and long. Vapid performances. Please, let's end this series of movies at 3. Don't do a fourth!
  25. DirkM.
    Jun 5, 2007
    Uninspired storytelling with few laughs. The chemistry between the actors from the first two movies is non-existent in this one. The efforts to shove Depp's charm down our throat was insulting at best.
  26. Dwight
    May 28, 2007
    I only have one question after watching nearly three hours of this disconnected garbage. What was the Director thinking? How in hell can you release something this bad? Someone, anyone in charge had to see how truly awful this was. Avoid at all costs.
  27. Aug 6, 2012
    This movie had too many characters and too many boring scenes where it's not even close for a largest epic cast. Only the beginning and the last 45 minutes of the longest movie in the series are epic but this movie doesn't really need redundant scenes and some parts of the story are just irreverent.
  28. May 28, 2011
    This movie is the weakest of the pirates of the Caribbean franchise. The movie is even more complicated than the second one. They also add a lot of stuff,and a lot of things happen off screen. However it still a fun movie.
  29. Jun 12, 2011
    Pirates of the Caribbean (1) was an amazing movie. Pirates of Caribbean (2) was an ok movie. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End is a horrible movie. It's too long, the story is dull and even Jack Sparrow can't save this one.
  30. Nov 18, 2012
    A cacophony of swashbuckling tedium. Stodgy throughout and suffers because it's taking itself far too seriously, the worst culprit for me being Keira Knightley's dreadful overacting. Forgettable.

The last 60 minutes offer adventure as rousing as anything provided in either of the previous installments. Unfortunately, that doesn't account for the other 108 minutes of this gorged, self-indulgent, and uneven production.
  2. Reviewed by: Helen O'Hara
    The plot's a trippy, twisty mess, and it's far too long, but it looks fantastic and makes some bold choices in its execution. And once again Jack's back to save the day.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    The third voyage in the "Priates" trilogy could be touted as "The biggest, loudest and second-best (or second-worst) 'Pirates' ever!" -- not necessarily a ringing endorsement, but honest.