7.4

1. May 3, 2015
    Despite the movie having funny moments, the plot leaves much to be desired. The love story the film is built around felt really thrown together and I was constantly feeling like I was supposed to care but because it was so poorly written, I didn't. The film is one of the most predictable cheese fests of all time, and the last act is really bad.
    I am generally a fan of musicals, but this
    I am generally a fan of musicals, but this one is worth missing despite the high praise it gets from critics and viewers alike. The funny moments aren't worth the IQ lowering remainder of the film. If you're critical about plot, avoid this movie like the plague. It's full of plot holes and lazy writing.

1. Reviewed by: Henry Barnes
    Dec 21, 2012
    The soundtrack's ironic bent might dissuade older viewers (Simple Minds are venerated), but they'd be missing out on one of the best musical comedies since A Mighty Wind. The song's the same, but Pitch Perfect is a great cover version.
  2. Reviewed by: Olly Richards
    Dec 17, 2012
    It's the kind of silly you can only get away with when your writing is very smart. A little bit odd and very, very funny.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken McIntyre
    Nov 25, 2012
    Gleeks and Glee-haters alike should rally around this raucous musical comedy. Rebel Wilson is hilarious, Anna Kendrick is terrific and there are as many gross-out gags as there are singing numbers.