Universal Pictures | Release Date: September 28, 2012
7.4
Generally favorable reviews based on 270 Ratings
WATCH NOW
DuffladMay 3, 2015
Despite the movie having funny moments, the plot leaves much to be desired. The love story the film is built around felt really thrown together and I was constantly feeling like I was supposed to care but because it was so poorly written, IDespite the movie having funny moments, the plot leaves much to be desired. The love story the film is built around felt really thrown together and I was constantly feeling like I was supposed to care but because it was so poorly written, I didn't. The film is one of the most predictable cheese fests of all time, and the last act is really bad.
I am generally a fan of musicals, but this one is worth missing despite the high praise it gets from critics and viewers alike. The funny moments aren't worth the IQ lowering remainder of the film. If you're critical about plot, avoid this movie like the plague. It's full of plot holes and lazy writing.
BarneyOnMTJan 6, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: Rebel Wilson is hilarious - every amusing comment and remark she makes causes laughs and giggles. It almost feels as if she's taking the mickey out of the film itself! Plus some of the musical arrangements are fairly good.
WHAT
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Everything else... This has to be one of the most cringey and cliched, plot-less and dull films out there. Even a lack of any serious sub-message or convincing characterisation... really?
VERDICT: With nothing to enjoy unless you're five, 'Pitch Perfect' misses the mark. If it wasn't for the hilarious fat amy - it wouldn't even be funny.