Universal Pictures | Release Date: September 28, 2012
7.4
Generally favorable reviews based on 271 Ratings
WATCH NOW
Stargirl04May 15, 2016
Really enjoyed this movie. a great feel good film that gets you excited. very predictable but still good. I can't believe it took me so long to watch it. Looking forward to watching the second installment.
TheQuietGamerJan 23, 2016
A capella breathes some fresh life into some standard teen movie plotting (only this time set in college as opposed to high school) and allows the group competition element to come to life in a new way. The musical numbers are well done andA capella breathes some fresh life into some standard teen movie plotting (only this time set in college as opposed to high school) and allows the group competition element to come to life in a new way. The musical numbers are well done and exciting. All backed by talented performers and excellent choreography.

While that definitely adds the needed spice to keep the familiar plot from getting stale moving forward, what really sets the movie apart from the pack is the humor. These are some very funny ladies. Match that with the sharp writing and you've got some really funny moments to be found throughout.

Likable characters, excellent musical numbers, and hilarious moments make for an enjoyable film even if it doesn't stray too far away form the established mold in the plot department. It's a great comedy and musical, one that is very likely to entertain.

My total score for the movie is an 8.6/10.
marcmyworksAug 9, 2015
This hilarious college film is in the same vein as Bridesmaids, with its quick wit and slight gross out humour. The cast and writing is delightful, proving a modern all female cast can deliver a solid movie.
shadow_13Jul 20, 2015
It was a great movie i just love it I can't forget all songs and all of the scenes I like it I like it I like it I like it so much ...................
chepod8Jun 23, 2015
Debo confesar que si hubiera llegado al cine no la hubiera visto, pero sin duda es uno de esos casos donde agradeces tener cable y no tener nada que ver, la formula es sencilla pero funcional, y mejor aún te dan ganas de que la vida fuera unDebo confesar que si hubiera llegado al cine no la hubiera visto, pero sin duda es uno de esos casos donde agradeces tener cable y no tener nada que ver, la formula es sencilla pero funcional, y mejor aún te dan ganas de que la vida fuera un musical. Expand
Compi24Jun 6, 2015
Aside from some hit or miss plotting, this musical comedy does just as the subgenre should - it delivers some solid laughs and many fine sequences of sheer musical talent.
sheepfishuni1May 29, 2015
I decided to watch Pitch Perfect, because I wanted to watch new movies before anymore new movies are released. I finished it today, and I loved it! It truly expresses music in general, and how it can express us. The movie is well done, but II decided to watch Pitch Perfect, because I wanted to watch new movies before anymore new movies are released. I finished it today, and I loved it! It truly expresses music in general, and how it can express us. The movie is well done, but I recommend it for anyone the age of 12 and older. :) Expand
JohnKristoferMay 27, 2015
As the sequel is already out .Now it is the time I review the original Pitch Perfect.
The first time I heard Pitch Perfect is going to be released and the plot is all about an A Capella,I was skeptic about it and curious if the movie would work. Surprisingly the movie is good.The characters are funny and has a great chemistry.I was amazed it is good.The sequel is kind a bit the same and disappointing,the first film is the best.
MadMaxFuryRoadMay 23, 2015
Very funny movie is entertaining. The music is great, the acting is awesome, and fat Amy is just hilarious. Most of the jokes actually make sense are funny. I look forward to see Pitch Perfect 2
DBPirate1129Jan 20, 2015
A surprisingly really funny and engaging flick! I was really not expecting to like the film as much as I did. The actors are great and the comedy moments are hilarious! I would really recommend to anyone who has no idea what the sequel comingA surprisingly really funny and engaging flick! I was really not expecting to like the film as much as I did. The actors are great and the comedy moments are hilarious! I would really recommend to anyone who has no idea what the sequel coming out is about. Expand
CourtneyWoods96Sep 30, 2014
Pitch Perfect definitely accomplishes a comedic feel, while also incorporating a typical romance throughout the movie as a whole. In addition to comedy and romance, Pitch Perfect has a musical feel. I am not particularly interested inPitch Perfect definitely accomplishes a comedic feel, while also incorporating a typical romance throughout the movie as a whole. In addition to comedy and romance, Pitch Perfect has a musical feel. I am not particularly interested in watching musicals, however; once I saw this movie, I was hooked. I kid you not; I have seen this move over fifteen times. Anna Kendrick plays an amazing role and truly captures her audience. She maintains the mysterious feel throughout and never lets the viewer know exactly how she feels. I was extremely impressed by Pitch Perfect and would recommend it to any one of any age. It captivates young viewers as well as old due to its modern feel on musicals and comedic pleasures. If I could put it in simple terms, Pitch Perfect is the definition of why we see movies. It keeps us interested the whole time, provides comedic relief, and engages us with a built in love story. Expand
NickOrreyJun 2, 2014
A refreshing and entertaining film in general for the young audience, but lacks in concrete jokes. I underestimated the film in general, and am pleased with what I see. I would recommend this film to people wanting to kill time.
warrenworldMay 4, 2014
This movie isn't actually "pitch-perfect" (no pun intended), but the comedic talents from cast members like Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson help this film hit the right note
morgansmithDec 1, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Really good movie. I thought it was quite funny. The acoustic songs blending is interesting to hear. Rebel Wilson (fat amy) was the best character because she just kept you interested. The announcers are funny too Expand
MovieGoer14Nov 23, 2013
Pitch Perfect is Uproarious Fun! Rebel Wilson is Very Funny in this movie! All the cast is Lovable, Pitch Perfect is pretty entertaining for everyone!
SpangleNov 15, 2013
Quite funny with good music and then, on top of that, I absolutely love Anna Kendrick, so it'd make sense that I like this movie. It's not fantastic by any stretch of the imagination, but overall, it's pretty good.
sil3nt_nickSep 2, 2013
A hilarious group of actors who make a nearly flawless comedy-musical. Rebel Wilson could not have been better to play her role as 'Fat Amy.' Anna Kendrick also did well as a lead role.
moonman1994Jul 28, 2013
Pitch Perfect is a killer comedy film. It's filled to the brim with funny moments and these are supported by it's all around great cast. It's funny and has great music the only flaw of this film is the fact that it does fall into some of thePitch Perfect is a killer comedy film. It's filled to the brim with funny moments and these are supported by it's all around great cast. It's funny and has great music the only flaw of this film is the fact that it does fall into some of the romantic type comedy stereotypes, but that aside Pitch Perfect is an excellent film. Expand
charlie_westJul 18, 2013
'Pitch Perfect' suffers from a string of movie cliches, and cheesiness at times, but all of them are made up for by its consistent hilarity, catchy songs and great performances.
elleakayeJul 12, 2013
Although this film at its core is just another teen flick (ala Bring It On in particular), it does offer some freshness especially with its soundtrack. I do have a bit of a bias in that I have a great love for all things A Cappella. It justAlthough this film at its core is just another teen flick (ala Bring It On in particular), it does offer some freshness especially with its soundtrack. I do have a bit of a bias in that I have a great love for all things A Cappella. It just is so nice to have a film filled with so many A Cappella tracks, not only that, A Cappella tracks that don't sound like they've been heavily edited. I've seen Skylar Austin live before when he was in Spring Awakening on Broadway and I was so happy that they had him as the lead in this film considering his background and such. Anna Kendrick also was a nice casting choice. Her role in Twilight was probably the best part about the film as her comedic timing is impeccable. I guess the only critique that I have is that at times the movie seems a tad shallow but overall it's a nice blend. It's not a masterpiece by any means, but it's a least a great film to just pass the time. Expand
KivaJun 19, 2013
I liked this film. It was different and i really liked the songs. I don't usually like films like these but this one was entertaining and smart. Of course the ending is predictable but who cares? It's a film to watch if you want to spend aI liked this film. It was different and i really liked the songs. I don't usually like films like these but this one was entertaining and smart. Of course the ending is predictable but who cares? It's a film to watch if you want to spend a happy afternoon. Really liked Fat Amy Expand
iluvmovies2Jun 2, 2013
Overall, I thought Pitch Perfect was a fantastic movie! It definitely has a cheesy plot line, but highly entertaining. I was really impressed with the vocals throughout the entire movie. Rebel Wilson's charter, Fat Amy, was hilarious andOverall, I thought Pitch Perfect was a fantastic movie! It definitely has a cheesy plot line, but highly entertaining. I was really impressed with the vocals throughout the entire movie. Rebel Wilson's charter, Fat Amy, was hilarious and added great humor to the film. Anna Kendrick did an amazing job as well. I highly recommend this movie if you are in the mood for a funny, light-hearted, romantic chick flick! Collapse
survivorfan989Apr 24, 2013
While I started to go off shows like Glee, this film was nothing but some outstanding performances from the leads and some great songs to get your toes tapping. Not only that but theres a decent storyline in there too so I quite enjoyed it.While I started to go off shows like Glee, this film was nothing but some outstanding performances from the leads and some great songs to get your toes tapping. Not only that but theres a decent storyline in there too so I quite enjoyed it. Anna Kendrick is good but clearly Rebel Wilson stole the show as Fat Amy Fans of the Glee craze will obviously be at home but I think it has the appeal for others also, and as a whole it's a thoroughly entertaining film I would recommend Expand
potatoes351Apr 20, 2013
Pitch Perfect is a very enjoyable film with a great premise, good acting and great acapella remakes of songs we know and love. However the film is stopped from reaching the greatness it deserves due to some pretty bad and damn nearPitch Perfect is a very enjoyable film with a great premise, good acting and great acapella remakes of songs we know and love. However the film is stopped from reaching the greatness it deserves due to some pretty bad and damn near unforgivable mistakes that near enough every film addresses but Pitch Perfect does not.
Pitch Perfect follows the story of Beca, a wannabe DJ freshman at Barden University. When her singing talent is spotted by one of the girls from a singing group on campus she is invited to join them to attempt to win the National Finals at the end of the current year. Now Pitch Perfect has a good story, though it has been done many times before it hasn't been done as well as this in a while but it falls flat in major areas. Biggest area of problem is the character development or lack thereof. Hell I even had to look up the Wikipedia page to remember Beca's name because characterisation became a back-seat, plus the directors knew they hadn't characterised by suddenly introducing everyone properly 10 minutes before the end of the film! The film also had a bad sense of time, it would jump months at a time with no indication that time had passed, the only time it tells you is when it reaches a significant competition date.
My biggest complaint with the movie though was the utterly pointless idea of "the best part of a film is the ending" that was introduced by the love interest when watching The Breakfast Club. This whole theme that is very well fleshed out and referenced a lot leads you on to believe that the ending will surprise you and be different to anything...ever. However what it boils down to is the same 'everything is OK in the end' scenario where the guy gets the girl, the protagonists win the battle and that life will go on. Now yes its a feel good film but if you make such a big deal out of good and different endings that are unpredictable why make your ending so predictable that you could guess what happens without watching the film???
Regardless of the bad points Pitch Perfect is well acted, funny and a great film for a night in with friends that are both boys and girls (there is more than enough to satisfy the dudes in this one as well as the women) one worth a watch even with its stupid decisions.
Frrrn13Apr 6, 2013
The bests things are the music, Rebel Wilson and Anna Kendrick. The worst are the drama scenes (so predictable and overacted) Totally recommended for have a nice time !!!
Note: I can't stop singing all the songs, are all addictive.
BrianMcCriticMar 12, 2013
Who knew an acapella movie could be this much fun? Anna Kendrick is her same charming self and the supporting cast helps make this a surprisingly fun ride.
DukeJonMar 3, 2013
Ok. Obviously a "woman's film" but not too bad. Not as predictable as you'd imagine and plenty of gags, with a likeable cast and decent glee-style moments.
AwesomeReviewerFeb 16, 2013
While “Pitch Perfect” isn’t perfect, its pitch is just right. All bad puns aside, this is a enjoyable film. It starts off a bit disjointed and weird for the sack of being weird. However, when the film gets rolling, it becomes a ride of nonWhile “Pitch Perfect” isn’t perfect, its pitch is just right. All bad puns aside, this is a enjoyable film. It starts off a bit disjointed and weird for the sack of being weird. However, when the film gets rolling, it becomes a ride of non stop laughter. The direction is solid, but the choreography is extravagant and well done. Songs are well integrated into the story, but I just wish they had used less tired songs. The writing is solid, but if not for the characters the jokes wouldn’t be as funny as they are.

Speaking of characters, this film has a cast of some colorful characters. Some of the characters aren’t very likable at first, but 5-10mins with them you’ll fall in love. They’re funny and warming especially Fat Amy and a few of the side characters. The physical comedy they provide is top notch and they’re always doing something in the background. One character I wasn’t particularly fond of was Beca, Anna Kendrick. She was the typical too cool for school kid and a very unlikable one at that. However, through my struggle to liking her, I found a mutual ground towards the end.

Overall, “Pitch Perfect” is a good movie and very entertaining. The jokes are solid, but the delivery is what truly makes it worth while and hilarious. The music and soundtrack is great and I’m a sucker for any movie that uses “Party in the U.S.A.” There is a lot of fun to be had with this film, from its characters to its physical humor. Definitely the best musical I’ve seen all year and in a while. I give it a solid 4/5, doesn’t quit hit those high notes, but still manages to be fully entertaining and a fun watch. “Muy Caliente”
DirectrC8LYNFeb 15, 2013
One word: Hilarious. Even though I'm not really a fan of musicals, through out the whole movie laughing was my best friend. It had a fun and funny story plot. From the jokes, to the singing performances, it was all pretty well done. GreatOne word: Hilarious. Even though I'm not really a fan of musicals, through out the whole movie laughing was my best friend. It had a fun and funny story plot. From the jokes, to the singing performances, it was all pretty well done. Great actors to portray those awesome characters. A very fun film! Expand
Elizabeth44Feb 3, 2013
Something about Pitch Perfect just makes you want to keep coming back to watch it multiple times. Many people seem hesitant to watch a movie based strictly on a cappella groups, myself included. I was pleasantly surprised with the story lineSomething about Pitch Perfect just makes you want to keep coming back to watch it multiple times. Many people seem hesitant to watch a movie based strictly on a cappella groups, myself included. I was pleasantly surprised with the story line and characters that were cast. Rebel Wilson makes the film with her witty one-liners and sarcastic personality. Expand