Universal Pictures | Release Date: September 28, 2012
7.4
Generally favorable reviews based on 271 Ratings
WATCH NOW
EpicLadySpongeApr 29, 2016
The biggest mistake (at least for me it is) that has never been done in movies is letting Rebel Wilson portray a role in the franchise and because of that, the score has been dropped from either an 8 or a 7 to a 5.
SpangleNov 15, 2013
Quite funny with good music and then, on top of that, I absolutely love Anna Kendrick, so it'd make sense that I like this movie. It's not fantastic by any stretch of the imagination, but overall, it's pretty good.
TheQuietGamerJan 23, 2016
A capella breathes some fresh life into some standard teen movie plotting (only this time set in college as opposed to high school) and allows the group competition element to come to life in a new way. The musical numbers are well done andA capella breathes some fresh life into some standard teen movie plotting (only this time set in college as opposed to high school) and allows the group competition element to come to life in a new way. The musical numbers are well done and exciting. All backed by talented performers and excellent choreography.

While that definitely adds the needed spice to keep the familiar plot from getting stale moving forward, what really sets the movie apart from the pack is the humor. These are some very funny ladies. Match that with the sharp writing and you've got some really funny moments to be found throughout.

Likable characters, excellent musical numbers, and hilarious moments make for an enjoyable film even if it doesn't stray too far away form the established mold in the plot department. It's a great comedy and musical, one that is very likely to entertain.

My total score for the movie is an 8.6/10.
Compi24Jun 6, 2015
Aside from some hit or miss plotting, this musical comedy does just as the subgenre should - it delivers some solid laughs and many fine sequences of sheer musical talent.
beingryanjudeSep 1, 2014
Despite a few dozen cheesy moments, it sure was good fun! Another strong performance by Rebel Wilson as well as Anna Kendrick. The musical moments will make you smile!
BrianMcCriticMar 12, 2013
Who knew an acapella movie could be this much fun? Anna Kendrick is her same charming self and the supporting cast helps make this a surprisingly fun ride.
lukechristianscApr 4, 2014
i saw this film too many times . the comedy is well and some of it was just gross and replusive . Grade B- ................................................................
Meth-dudeJan 24, 2015
Probably one of the most overrated movie I have ever seen.There is not a lot of comedy and that's the only reason I wanted to see the movie.But,it's still entertaining.
marcmyworksAug 9, 2015
This hilarious college film is in the same vein as Bridesmaids, with its quick wit and slight gross out humour. The cast and writing is delightful, proving a modern all female cast can deliver a solid movie.
foxgroveDec 22, 2012
Pitch Perfect is an extremely joyful and funny film full of wit and great dialogue. The jokes spew forth (quite literally on two occasions) at the rate of knots and all performances rise to the occasion wonderfully. Comparisons with Glee arePitch Perfect is an extremely joyful and funny film full of wit and great dialogue. The jokes spew forth (quite literally on two occasions) at the rate of knots and all performances rise to the occasion wonderfully. Comparisons with Glee are inevitable, but singularly favourable to this achievement (No sequel please). Glee became joyless for me quite quickly (aside from some wonderfully staged musical numbers) and it was also very po faced about issues and story lines (I use this term very loosely as I don't think it really had any ongoing story. It just kept telling us how socially (Ir)relevant it was). Pitch Perfect has no such heavy issues on its mind. It's fun all the way to the closing credits. The choice of music is great and these numbers are energetically staged. Another delight is the banter between Capella hosts John and Gail played with acerbic relish by John Michael Higgins and Elizabeth Banks, respectively. In summation, echoing a sentiment vocalised by actress Rebel Wilson to a couple of skinnier cast members, this film, like them, has a fat heart. Expand
MarcDoyleSep 29, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's light fun - the target audience for the film, who were sitting all around us, were having a GREAT time with it. The singing is terrific, but the finale song/dance sequence just didn't deliver for me like it could have because they had to shoehorn the Breakfast Club aspect into it. Anna Kendrick, Snow, and Camp are all getting a bit long in the tooth to be believable in these roles, btw. Skylar Astin seems like a candidate for the unlikely anti-hero in future films. Rebel Wilson is perfect in the film because she doesn't over-act at all. She has terrific control of her craft. Expand
ZilcellNov 4, 2012
You know whats crazy? This PG-13 comedy is funnier than both "The Dictator" and "21 Jump Street", which are both R rated. Thats how funny this film is. Combine that with some extremely high energy and you have a pitch perfect movie.
JacobAug 12, 2014
Generic characters and story but the film has some good humor and amusing side characters (the girls in the Acapella Group), which makes this film worth checking out.
worleyjamersFeb 10, 2013
A huge hit! Pitch Perfect is so much fun. It's not the most hilarious comedy I've ever seen recently, but there are some funny moments throughout. Add to that some great musical mash-ups and some solid performances, you get a good movie.A huge hit! Pitch Perfect is so much fun. It's not the most hilarious comedy I've ever seen recently, but there are some funny moments throughout. Add to that some great musical mash-ups and some solid performances, you get a good movie. Check it out! There's a lot to love here. Expand
Bruce722Dec 27, 2012
Pitch Perfect was genuinely funny and didn't take itself too seriously. The musical arrangements were actually pretty decent though and the comedic elements were not traditional at all making them even more humorous. The only things that holdPitch Perfect was genuinely funny and didn't take itself too seriously. The musical arrangements were actually pretty decent though and the comedic elements were not traditional at all making them even more humorous. The only things that hold hack the film, in my opinion, are the generic plot and Anna Kendrick's lack of any charisma whatsoever. The plot is the exact same as almost every single other music, dance, etc. movie made in the last decade: Protagonist joins team/club/group that is struggling, they go through bumps along the way, protagonist either quits or comes close to quitting, protagonist gives it one last go and helps the team/club/group achieve their ultimate goal all while experiencing relationship issues throughout. As for Anna Kendrick, I think this movie showed that, while she's talented, she's not capable of being the focus of any movie. Characters like Fat Amy distract the audience from Kendrick's utter lack of charisma or charm. Honestly, her character is one of the least interesting characters in the entire film. Regardless, this movie is still worth watching because of the humor alone and the musical arrangements are a nice bonus. Expand
nutterjrDec 30, 2012
It was not pitched perfectly for me, but I guess I was never the intended target audience. My young daughter found it delightful though and I guess I can't argue that the acapella parts were somewhat enjoyable...
RalfbergsAug 24, 2016
Was not that impressed but I guess just because I am not that interested in musical type movies. I did find Rebel Wilson funny in the movie and Anna Kendrick was good too, even though the whole plot often feels a bit whacky.
audreythomas25Jan 20, 2016
The movie is very entertaining with great musical performances and the characters are very talented and engaging.

Check out this movie here http://www.watchfree.to/watch-29c10f-Pitch-Perfect-movie-online-free-putlocker.html
survivorfan989Apr 24, 2013
While I started to go off shows like Glee, this film was nothing but some outstanding performances from the leads and some great songs to get your toes tapping. Not only that but theres a decent storyline in there too so I quite enjoyed it.While I started to go off shows like Glee, this film was nothing but some outstanding performances from the leads and some great songs to get your toes tapping. Not only that but theres a decent storyline in there too so I quite enjoyed it. Anna Kendrick is good but clearly Rebel Wilson stole the show as Fat Amy Fans of the Glee craze will obviously be at home but I think it has the appeal for others also, and as a whole it's a thoroughly entertaining film I would recommend Expand
RikiegeDec 7, 2012
Perfect Pitch is not a great movie .. but it is entertaining.
MegWhiteleySep 28, 2012
Pitch Perfect, a perfect movie :D really, is funny have somethings that look like the TV Show "Glee", but this movie have other things that look like "Bridesmaids". Funny movie, great performances, awesome development. Pitch Perfect is great!!
KivaJun 19, 2013
I liked this film. It was different and i really liked the songs. I don't usually like films like these but this one was entertaining and smart. Of course the ending is predictable but who cares? It's a film to watch if you want to spend aI liked this film. It was different and i really liked the songs. I don't usually like films like these but this one was entertaining and smart. Of course the ending is predictable but who cares? It's a film to watch if you want to spend a happy afternoon. Really liked Fat Amy Expand
dharmaJan 6, 2013
I shouldn't like this film, but I did!!! Great soundtrack first of all, and the cast took what is a typical 'go for the top, competition' type of movie and ran away with it. Funny, filled with lots of gags and charming characters, one of theI shouldn't like this film, but I did!!! Great soundtrack first of all, and the cast took what is a typical 'go for the top, competition' type of movie and ran away with it. Funny, filled with lots of gags and charming characters, one of the better comedies of this year. Expand
gameguardian21Mar 24, 2016
Keep it for those teenage girls. While it is not like twilight, it shows us how girls have really evolved throughout our generation. But even the story is **** and like I said, its a girl movie.
Knicksfan7Oct 17, 2012
I'm a 19 year old guy and i loved this movie, enough said. Anybody can enjoy this movie. It's flat-out hilarious! Great cast, great music, great story, and a great time, 4 things you'll experience when watching Pitch Perfect. This is a must see! 8/10
MadMaxFuryRoadMay 23, 2015
Very funny movie is entertaining. The music is great, the acting is awesome, and fat Amy is just hilarious. Most of the jokes actually make sense are funny. I look forward to see Pitch Perfect 2
moonman1994Jul 28, 2013
Pitch Perfect is a killer comedy film. It's filled to the brim with funny moments and these are supported by it's all around great cast. It's funny and has great music the only flaw of this film is the fact that it does fall into some of thePitch Perfect is a killer comedy film. It's filled to the brim with funny moments and these are supported by it's all around great cast. It's funny and has great music the only flaw of this film is the fact that it does fall into some of the romantic type comedy stereotypes, but that aside Pitch Perfect is an excellent film. Expand
theahsanhaseebDec 8, 2012
First of all, I was really reluctant to watch this movie because I am not a fan of musical films and especially films which seem like they're the sisters to 'Glee' but anyway, I thought I should give it a try. Pitch Perfect is a really greatFirst of all, I was really reluctant to watch this movie because I am not a fan of musical films and especially films which seem like they're the sisters to 'Glee' but anyway, I thought I should give it a try. Pitch Perfect is a really great pastime, to be honest. It's funny, surprising and a little adorbale at the same time but this is definitely not one of the best films of 2012. I loved the performance of Anna Kendrick. Her character is funny, confident and, without a doubt, good at being spontaneous. I read it yesterday that possible sequel might happen next year. Well, here is my advice to the crew. Don't make a sequel, it is going to suck. Learn something frorm Step-Up franchise. Anyway, the best thing about this film is that it ends after 1 hour and 45 minutes, it would have gotten bad otherwise. Expand
BarneyOnMTJan 6, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: Rebel Wilson is hilarious - every amusing comment and remark she makes causes laughs and giggles. It almost feels as if she's taking the mickey out of the film itself! Plus some of the musical arrangements are fairly good.
WHAT
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Everything else... This has to be one of the most cringey and cliched, plot-less and dull films out there. Even a lack of any serious sub-message or convincing characterisation... really?
VERDICT: With nothing to enjoy unless you're five, 'Pitch Perfect' misses the mark. If it wasn't for the hilarious fat amy - it wouldn't even be funny.
sil3nt_nickSep 2, 2013
A hilarious group of actors who make a nearly flawless comedy-musical. Rebel Wilson could not have been better to play her role as 'Fat Amy.' Anna Kendrick also did well as a lead role.