Universal Pictures | Release Date: September 28, 2012
7.4
Generally favorable reviews based on 271 Ratings
WATCH NOW
SpangleNov 15, 2013
Quite funny with good music and then, on top of that, I absolutely love Anna Kendrick, so it'd make sense that I like this movie. It's not fantastic by any stretch of the imagination, but overall, it's pretty good.
TheQuietGamerJan 23, 2016
A capella breathes some fresh life into some standard teen movie plotting (only this time set in college as opposed to high school) and allows the group competition element to come to life in a new way. The musical numbers are well done andA capella breathes some fresh life into some standard teen movie plotting (only this time set in college as opposed to high school) and allows the group competition element to come to life in a new way. The musical numbers are well done and exciting. All backed by talented performers and excellent choreography.

While that definitely adds the needed spice to keep the familiar plot from getting stale moving forward, what really sets the movie apart from the pack is the humor. These are some very funny ladies. Match that with the sharp writing and you've got some really funny moments to be found throughout.

Likable characters, excellent musical numbers, and hilarious moments make for an enjoyable film even if it doesn't stray too far away form the established mold in the plot department. It's a great comedy and musical, one that is very likely to entertain.

My total score for the movie is an 8.6/10.
Compi24Jun 6, 2015
Aside from some hit or miss plotting, this musical comedy does just as the subgenre should - it delivers some solid laughs and many fine sequences of sheer musical talent.
BrianMcCriticMar 12, 2013
Who knew an acapella movie could be this much fun? Anna Kendrick is her same charming self and the supporting cast helps make this a surprisingly fun ride.
marcmyworksAug 9, 2015
This hilarious college film is in the same vein as Bridesmaids, with its quick wit and slight gross out humour. The cast and writing is delightful, proving a modern all female cast can deliver a solid movie.
foxgroveDec 22, 2012
Pitch Perfect is an extremely joyful and funny film full of wit and great dialogue. The jokes spew forth (quite literally on two occasions) at the rate of knots and all performances rise to the occasion wonderfully. Comparisons with Glee arePitch Perfect is an extremely joyful and funny film full of wit and great dialogue. The jokes spew forth (quite literally on two occasions) at the rate of knots and all performances rise to the occasion wonderfully. Comparisons with Glee are inevitable, but singularly favourable to this achievement (No sequel please). Glee became joyless for me quite quickly (aside from some wonderfully staged musical numbers) and it was also very po faced about issues and story lines (I use this term very loosely as I don't think it really had any ongoing story. It just kept telling us how socially (Ir)relevant it was). Pitch Perfect has no such heavy issues on its mind. It's fun all the way to the closing credits. The choice of music is great and these numbers are energetically staged. Another delight is the banter between Capella hosts John and Gail played with acerbic relish by John Michael Higgins and Elizabeth Banks, respectively. In summation, echoing a sentiment vocalised by actress Rebel Wilson to a couple of skinnier cast members, this film, like them, has a fat heart. Collapse
ZilcellNov 4, 2012
You know whats crazy? This PG-13 comedy is funnier than both "The Dictator" and "21 Jump Street", which are both R rated. Thats how funny this film is. Combine that with some extremely high energy and you have a pitch perfect movie.
Bruce722Dec 27, 2012
Pitch Perfect was genuinely funny and didn't take itself too seriously. The musical arrangements were actually pretty decent though and the comedic elements were not traditional at all making them even more humorous. The only things that holdPitch Perfect was genuinely funny and didn't take itself too seriously. The musical arrangements were actually pretty decent though and the comedic elements were not traditional at all making them even more humorous. The only things that hold hack the film, in my opinion, are the generic plot and Anna Kendrick's lack of any charisma whatsoever. The plot is the exact same as almost every single other music, dance, etc. movie made in the last decade: Protagonist joins team/club/group that is struggling, they go through bumps along the way, protagonist either quits or comes close to quitting, protagonist gives it one last go and helps the team/club/group achieve their ultimate goal all while experiencing relationship issues throughout. As for Anna Kendrick, I think this movie showed that, while she's talented, she's not capable of being the focus of any movie. Characters like Fat Amy distract the audience from Kendrick's utter lack of charisma or charm. Honestly, her character is one of the least interesting characters in the entire film. Regardless, this movie is still worth watching because of the humor alone and the musical arrangements are a nice bonus. Expand
audreythomas25Jan 20, 2016
The movie is very entertaining with great musical performances and the characters are very talented and engaging.

Check out this movie here http://www.watchfree.to/watch-29c10f-Pitch-Perfect-movie-online-free-putlocker.html
survivorfan989Apr 24, 2013
While I started to go off shows like Glee, this film was nothing but some outstanding performances from the leads and some great songs to get your toes tapping. Not only that but theres a decent storyline in there too so I quite enjoyed it.While I started to go off shows like Glee, this film was nothing but some outstanding performances from the leads and some great songs to get your toes tapping. Not only that but theres a decent storyline in there too so I quite enjoyed it. Anna Kendrick is good but clearly Rebel Wilson stole the show as Fat Amy Fans of the Glee craze will obviously be at home but I think it has the appeal for others also, and as a whole it's a thoroughly entertaining film I would recommend Expand
MegWhiteleySep 28, 2012
Pitch Perfect, a perfect movie :D really, is funny have somethings that look like the TV Show "Glee", but this movie have other things that look like "Bridesmaids". Funny movie, great performances, awesome development. Pitch Perfect is great!!
KivaJun 19, 2013
I liked this film. It was different and i really liked the songs. I don't usually like films like these but this one was entertaining and smart. Of course the ending is predictable but who cares? It's a film to watch if you want to spend aI liked this film. It was different and i really liked the songs. I don't usually like films like these but this one was entertaining and smart. Of course the ending is predictable but who cares? It's a film to watch if you want to spend a happy afternoon. Really liked Fat Amy Expand
dharmaJan 6, 2013
I shouldn't like this film, but I did!!! Great soundtrack first of all, and the cast took what is a typical 'go for the top, competition' type of movie and ran away with it. Funny, filled with lots of gags and charming characters, one of theI shouldn't like this film, but I did!!! Great soundtrack first of all, and the cast took what is a typical 'go for the top, competition' type of movie and ran away with it. Funny, filled with lots of gags and charming characters, one of the better comedies of this year. Expand
Knicksfan7Oct 17, 2012
I'm a 19 year old guy and i loved this movie, enough said. Anybody can enjoy this movie. It's flat-out hilarious! Great cast, great music, great story, and a great time, 4 things you'll experience when watching Pitch Perfect. This is a must see! 8/10
MadMaxFuryRoadMay 23, 2015
Very funny movie is entertaining. The music is great, the acting is awesome, and fat Amy is just hilarious. Most of the jokes actually make sense are funny. I look forward to see Pitch Perfect 2
moonman1994Jul 28, 2013
Pitch Perfect is a killer comedy film. It's filled to the brim with funny moments and these are supported by it's all around great cast. It's funny and has great music the only flaw of this film is the fact that it does fall into some of thePitch Perfect is a killer comedy film. It's filled to the brim with funny moments and these are supported by it's all around great cast. It's funny and has great music the only flaw of this film is the fact that it does fall into some of the romantic type comedy stereotypes, but that aside Pitch Perfect is an excellent film. Expand
sil3nt_nickSep 2, 2013
A hilarious group of actors who make a nearly flawless comedy-musical. Rebel Wilson could not have been better to play her role as 'Fat Amy.' Anna Kendrick also did well as a lead role.
AwesomeReviewerFeb 16, 2013
While “Pitch Perfect” isn’t perfect, its pitch is just right. All bad puns aside, this is a enjoyable film. It starts off a bit disjointed and weird for the sack of being weird. However, when the film gets rolling, it becomes a ride of nonWhile “Pitch Perfect” isn’t perfect, its pitch is just right. All bad puns aside, this is a enjoyable film. It starts off a bit disjointed and weird for the sack of being weird. However, when the film gets rolling, it becomes a ride of non stop laughter. The direction is solid, but the choreography is extravagant and well done. Songs are well integrated into the story, but I just wish they had used less tired songs. The writing is solid, but if not for the characters the jokes wouldn’t be as funny as they are.

Speaking of characters, this film has a cast of some colorful characters. Some of the characters aren’t very likable at first, but 5-10mins with them you’ll fall in love. They’re funny and warming especially Fat Amy and a few of the side characters. The physical comedy they provide is top notch and they’re always doing something in the background. One character I wasn’t particularly fond of was Beca, Anna Kendrick. She was the typical too cool for school kid and a very unlikable one at that. However, through my struggle to liking her, I found a mutual ground towards the end.

Overall, “Pitch Perfect” is a good movie and very entertaining. The jokes are solid, but the delivery is what truly makes it worth while and hilarious. The music and soundtrack is great and I’m a sucker for any movie that uses “Party in the U.S.A.” There is a lot of fun to be had with this film, from its characters to its physical humor. Definitely the best musical I’ve seen all year and in a while. I give it a solid 4/5, doesn’t quit hit those high notes, but still manages to be fully entertaining and a fun watch. “Muy Caliente”
MovieGoer14Nov 23, 2013
Pitch Perfect is Uproarious Fun! Rebel Wilson is Very Funny in this movie! All the cast is Lovable, Pitch Perfect is pretty entertaining for everyone!
Apemonkey666Jan 12, 2013
It's a pretty standard formula film but the performances of Kendrick, Snow and Camp are exellent and Elizabeth Banks and John Michael Higgins provide some great sarcastic humor in cameo parts. Not oscar material or nothing you would put onIt's a pretty standard formula film but the performances of Kendrick, Snow and Camp are exellent and Elizabeth Banks and John Michael Higgins provide some great sarcastic humor in cameo parts. Not oscar material or nothing you would put on your all-time favorite movie list, but nice porpcorn entertainment. Expand
JohnKristoferMay 27, 2015
As the sequel is already out .Now it is the time I review the original Pitch Perfect.
The first time I heard Pitch Perfect is going to be released and the plot is all about an A Capella,I was skeptic about it and curious if the movie would work. Surprisingly the movie is good.The characters are funny and has a great chemistry.I was amazed it is good.The sequel is kind a bit the same and disappointing,the first film is the best.
potatoes351Apr 20, 2013
Pitch Perfect is a very enjoyable film with a great premise, good acting and great acapella remakes of songs we know and love. However the film is stopped from reaching the greatness it deserves due to some pretty bad and damn nearPitch Perfect is a very enjoyable film with a great premise, good acting and great acapella remakes of songs we know and love. However the film is stopped from reaching the greatness it deserves due to some pretty bad and damn near unforgivable mistakes that near enough every film addresses but Pitch Perfect does not.
Pitch Perfect follows the story of Beca, a wannabe DJ freshman at Barden University. When her singing talent is spotted by one of the girls from a singing group on campus she is invited to join them to attempt to win the National Finals at the end of the current year. Now Pitch Perfect has a good story, though it has been done many times before it hasn't been done as well as this in a while but it falls flat in major areas. Biggest area of problem is the character development or lack thereof. Hell I even had to look up the Wikipedia page to remember Beca's name because characterisation became a back-seat, plus the directors knew they hadn't characterised by suddenly introducing everyone properly 10 minutes before the end of the film! The film also had a bad sense of time, it would jump months at a time with no indication that time had passed, the only time it tells you is when it reaches a significant competition date.
My biggest complaint with the movie though was the utterly pointless idea of "the best part of a film is the ending" that was introduced by the love interest when watching The Breakfast Club. This whole theme that is very well fleshed out and referenced a lot leads you on to believe that the ending will surprise you and be different to anything...ever. However what it boils down to is the same 'everything is OK in the end' scenario where the guy gets the girl, the protagonists win the battle and that life will go on. Now yes its a feel good film but if you make such a big deal out of good and different endings that are unpredictable why make your ending so predictable that you could guess what happens without watching the film???
Regardless of the bad points Pitch Perfect is well acted, funny and a great film for a night in with friends that are both boys and girls (there is more than enough to satisfy the dudes in this one as well as the women) one worth a watch even with its stupid decisions.
DukeJonMar 3, 2013
Ok. Obviously a "woman's film" but not too bad. Not as predictable as you'd imagine and plenty of gags, with a likeable cast and decent glee-style moments.
DBPirate1129Jan 20, 2015
A surprisingly really funny and engaging flick! I was really not expecting to like the film as much as I did. The actors are great and the comedy moments are hilarious! I would really recommend to anyone who has no idea what the sequel comingA surprisingly really funny and engaging flick! I was really not expecting to like the film as much as I did. The actors are great and the comedy moments are hilarious! I would really recommend to anyone who has no idea what the sequel coming out is about. Expand
warrenworldMay 4, 2014
This movie isn't actually "pitch-perfect" (no pun intended), but the comedic talents from cast members like Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson help this film hit the right note
chepod8Jun 23, 2015
Debo confesar que si hubiera llegado al cine no la hubiera visto, pero sin duda es uno de esos casos donde agradeces tener cable y no tener nada que ver, la formula es sencilla pero funcional, y mejor aún te dan ganas de que la vida fuera unDebo confesar que si hubiera llegado al cine no la hubiera visto, pero sin duda es uno de esos casos donde agradeces tener cable y no tener nada que ver, la formula es sencilla pero funcional, y mejor aún te dan ganas de que la vida fuera un musical. Expand
Stargirl04May 15, 2016
Really enjoyed this movie. a great feel good film that gets you excited. very predictable but still good. I can't believe it took me so long to watch it. Looking forward to watching the second installment.
scoleyDec 23, 2012
This film is hilarious I have to agree with EFYevan, Rebel Wilson is great and stills the show and we will be seeing a lot more of her in the future also some great tunes,but most of all very funny the whole cinema was laughing all theThis film is hilarious I have to agree with EFYevan, Rebel Wilson is great and stills the show and we will be seeing a lot more of her in the future also some great tunes,but most of all very funny the whole cinema was laughing all the way through the film well worth a watch. Expand
poetreviewerNov 4, 2012
It's charming and fun. What's not to like? Anna Kendricks is wonderful in this movie. Sit back, relax, listen to some great young voices, eat popcorn and chocolate covered raisins and smile.
DirectrC8LYNFeb 15, 2013
One word: Hilarious. Even though I'm not really a fan of musicals, through out the whole movie laughing was my best friend. It had a fun and funny story plot. From the jokes, to the singing performances, it was all pretty well done. GreatOne word: Hilarious. Even though I'm not really a fan of musicals, through out the whole movie laughing was my best friend. It had a fun and funny story plot. From the jokes, to the singing performances, it was all pretty well done. Great actors to portray those awesome characters. A very fun film! Expand