7.8

1. Sep 1, 2014
    Despite a few dozen cheesy moments, it sure was good fun! Another strong performance by Rebel Wilson as well as Anna Kendrick. The musical moments will make you smile!
  2. Aug 12, 2014
    Generic characters and story but the film has some good humor and amusing side characters (the girls in the Acapella Group), which makes this film worth checking out.
  3. Jun 2, 2014
    A refreshing and entertaining film in general for the young audience, but lacks in concrete jokes. I underestimated the film in general, and am pleased with what I see. I would recommend this film to people wanting to kill time.
  4. May 4, 2014
    This movie isn't actually "pitch-perfect" (no pun intended), but the comedic talents from cast members like Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson help this film hit the right note
  5. Apr 4, 2014
    i saw this film too many times . the comedy is well and some of it was just gross and replusive . Grade B- ................................................................
  6. Dec 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Really good movie. I thought it was quite funny. The acoustic songs blending is interesting to hear. Rebel Wilson (fat amy) was the best character because she just kept you interested. The announcers are funny too Expand
  7. Nov 23, 2013
    Pitch Perfect is Uproarious Fun! Rebel Wilson is Very Funny in this movie! All the cast is Lovable, Pitch Perfect is pretty entertaining for everyone!
  8. Nov 15, 2013
    Quite funny with good music and then, on top of that, I absolutely love Anna Kendrick, so it'd make sense that I like this movie. It's not fantastic by any stretch of the imagination, but overall, it's pretty good.
  9. Sep 2, 2013
    A hilarious group of actors who make a nearly flawless comedy-musical. Rebel Wilson could not have been better to play her role as 'Fat Amy.' Anna Kendrick also did well as a lead role.
  10. Aug 14, 2013
    "Pitch Perfect" definitely has the musical numbers and the outstanding jokes, however, it definitely has a predictable outcome and story wise, its a bit of a mess with character development. While the side characters are definitely a hoot, the main character Becca feels awfully cliche. Though this may be the case, the film does thrive from its several other aspects and is enjoyable for teens, lesser for adults. Expand
  11. Jul 28, 2013
    Pitch Perfect is a killer comedy film. It's filled to the brim with funny moments and these are supported by it's all around great cast. It's funny and has great music the only flaw of this film is the fact that it does fall into some of the romantic type comedy stereotypes, but that aside Pitch Perfect is an excellent film.
  12. Jul 18, 2013
    'Pitch Perfect' suffers from a string of movie cliches, and cheesiness at times, but all of them are made up for by its consistent hilarity, catchy songs and great performances.
  13. Jul 12, 2013
    Although this film at its core is just another teen flick (ala Bring It On in particular), it does offer some freshness especially with its soundtrack. I do have a bit of a bias in that I have a great love for all things A Cappella. It just is so nice to have a film filled with so many A Cappella tracks, not only that, A Cappella tracks that don't sound like they've been heavily edited. I've seen Skylar Austin live before when he was in Spring Awakening on Broadway and I was so happy that they had him as the lead in this film considering his background and such. Anna Kendrick also was a nice casting choice. Her role in Twilight was probably the best part about the film as her comedic timing is impeccable. I guess the only critique that I have is that at times the movie seems a tad shallow but overall it's a nice blend. It's not a masterpiece by any means, but it's a least a great film to just pass the time. Expand
  14. Jun 19, 2013
    I liked this film. It was different and i really liked the songs. I don't usually like films like these but this one was entertaining and smart. Of course the ending is predictable but who cares? It's a film to watch if you want to spend a happy afternoon. Really liked Fat Amy
  15. Jun 2, 2013
    Overall, I thought Pitch Perfect was a fantastic movie! It definitely has a cheesy plot line, but highly entertaining. I was really impressed with the vocals throughout the entire movie. Rebel Wilson's charter, Fat Amy, was hilarious and added great humor to the film. Anna Kendrick did an amazing job as well. I highly recommend this movie if you are in the mood for a funny, light-hearted, romantic chick flick! Expand
  16. Apr 24, 2013
    While I started to go off shows like Glee, this film was nothing but some outstanding performances from the leads and some great songs to get your toes tapping. Not only that but theres a decent storyline in there too so I quite enjoyed it. Anna Kendrick is good but clearly Rebel Wilson stole the show as Fat Amy Fans of the Glee craze will obviously be at home but I think it has the appeal for others also, and as a whole it's a thoroughly entertaining film I would recommend Expand
  17. Apr 20, 2013
    Pitch Perfect is a very enjoyable film with a great premise, good acting and great acapella remakes of songs we know and love. However the film is stopped from reaching the greatness it deserves due to some pretty bad and damn near unforgivable mistakes that near enough every film addresses but Pitch Perfect does not.
    Pitch Perfect follows the story of Beca, a wannabe DJ freshman at
    Barden University. When her singing talent is spotted by one of the girls from a singing group on campus she is invited to join them to attempt to win the National Finals at the end of the current year. Now Pitch Perfect has a good story, though it has been done many times before it hasn't been done as well as this in a while but it falls flat in major areas. Biggest area of problem is the character development or lack thereof. Hell I even had to look up the Wikipedia page to remember Beca's name because characterisation became a back-seat, plus the directors knew they hadn't characterised by suddenly introducing everyone properly 10 minutes before the end of the film! The film also had a bad sense of time, it would jump months at a time with no indication that time had passed, the only time it tells you is when it reaches a significant competition date.
    My biggest complaint with the movie though was the utterly pointless idea of "the best part of a film is the ending" that was introduced by the love interest when watching The Breakfast Club. This whole theme that is very well fleshed out and referenced a lot leads you on to believe that the ending will surprise you and be different to anything...ever. However what it boils down to is the same 'everything is OK in the end' scenario where the guy gets the girl, the protagonists win the battle and that life will go on. Now yes its a feel good film but if you make such a big deal out of good and different endings that are unpredictable why make your ending so predictable that you could guess what happens without watching the film???
    Regardless of the bad points Pitch Perfect is well acted, funny and a great film for a night in with friends that are both boys and girls (there is more than enough to satisfy the dudes in this one as well as the women) one worth a watch even with its stupid decisions.
  18. Apr 6, 2013
    The bests things are the music, Rebel Wilson and Anna Kendrick. The worst are the drama scenes (so predictable and overacted) Totally recommended for have a nice time !!!
    Note: I can't stop singing all the songs, are all addictive.
  19. Mar 12, 2013
    Who knew an acapella movie could be this much fun? Anna Kendrick is her same charming self and the supporting cast helps make this a surprisingly fun ride.
  20. Mar 3, 2013
    Ok. Obviously a "woman's film" but not too bad. Not as predictable as you'd imagine and plenty of gags, with a likeable cast and decent glee-style moments.
  21. Mar 2, 2013
    Corny and bland characterization, but it does do what it does best, and that is to entertain. It is pretty sad though when most of the laughs only comes from one character, Fat Amy.
  22. Feb 16, 2013
    While “Pitch Perfect” isn’t perfect, its pitch is just right. All bad puns aside, this is a enjoyable film. It starts off a bit disjointed and weird for the sack of being weird. However, when the film gets rolling, it becomes a ride of non stop laughter. The direction is solid, but the choreography is extravagant and well done. Songs are well integrated into the story, but I just wish they had used less tired songs. The writing is solid, but if not for the characters the jokes wouldn’t be as funny as they are.

Speaking of characters, this film has a cast of some colorful characters. Some of the characters aren’t very likable at first, but 5-10mins with them you’ll fall in love. They’re funny and warming especially Fat Amy and a few of the side characters. The physical comedy they provide is top notch and they’re always doing something in the background. One character I wasn’t particularly fond of was Beca, Anna Kendrick. She was the typical too cool for school kid and a very unlikable one at that. However, through my struggle to liking her, I found a mutual ground towards the end.

Overall, “Pitch Perfect” is a good movie and very entertaining. The jokes are solid, but the delivery is what truly makes it worth while and hilarious. The music and soundtrack is great and I’m a sucker for any movie that uses “Party in the U.S.A.” There is a lot of fun to be had with this film, from its characters to its physical humor. Definitely the best musical I’ve seen all year and in a while. I give it a solid 4/5, doesn’t quit hit those high notes, but still manages to be fully entertaining and a fun watch. “Muy Caliente”
  23. Feb 15, 2013
    One word: Hilarious. Even though I'm not really a fan of musicals, through out the whole movie laughing was my best friend. It had a fun and funny story plot. From the jokes, to the singing performances, it was all pretty well done. Great actors to portray those awesome characters. A very fun film!
  24. Feb 10, 2013
    A huge hit! Pitch Perfect is so much fun. It's not the most hilarious comedy I've ever seen recently, but there are some funny moments throughout. Add to that some great musical mash-ups and some solid performances, you get a good movie. Check it out! There's a lot to love here.
  25. Feb 5, 2013
    I was all pumped up to watch this movie. And it was such a let down for me, it wasn't as funny as i thought is was going to be. it could have been a hell of a lot funnier than what it came out to be. Rebel and the Asian girl were the highlights of this movie
  26. Feb 3, 2013
    Something about Pitch Perfect just makes you want to keep coming back to watch it multiple times. Many people seem hesitant to watch a movie based strictly on a cappella groups, myself included. I was pleasantly surprised with the story line and characters that were cast. Rebel Wilson makes the film with her witty one-liners and sarcastic personality.
  27. Feb 2, 2013
    This movie is about an cappella group of women coming together for a common goal. Cappella singing is seen as a men's thing because they are able to hit lower notes. I can not even count how many times I have seen this movie. This movie is extremely funny and relates to not only females but also males. The music is popular music from the 80s, 90s and 2000s. This is a must see movie!
  28. Jan 20, 2013
    It's a rocking musical entertainer with a heartwarming display of music which won't fail the audience. It was funny as well as romantic musically. I just loved it.
  29. Jan 12, 2013
    It's a pretty standard formula film but the performances of Kendrick, Snow and Camp are exellent and Elizabeth Banks and John Michael Higgins provide some great sarcastic humor in cameo parts. Not oscar material or nothing you would put on your all-time favorite movie list, but nice porpcorn entertainment.
  30. Jan 6, 2013
    I shouldn't like this film, but I did!!! Great soundtrack first of all, and the cast took what is a typical 'go for the top, competition' type of movie and ran away with it. Funny, filled with lots of gags and charming characters, one of the better comedies of this year.

1. Reviewed by: Henry Barnes
    Dec 21, 2012
    The soundtrack's ironic bent might dissuade older viewers (Simple Minds are venerated), but they'd be missing out on one of the best musical comedies since A Mighty Wind. The song's the same, but Pitch Perfect is a great cover version.
  2. Reviewed by: Olly Richards
    Dec 17, 2012
    It's the kind of silly you can only get away with when your writing is very smart. A little bit odd and very, very funny.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken McIntyre
    Nov 25, 2012
    Gleeks and Glee-haters alike should rally around this raucous musical comedy. Rebel Wilson is hilarious, Anna Kendrick is terrific and there are as many gross-out gags as there are singing numbers.