5.9

1. Jul 27, 2014
    Another pile of garbage coming from Disney. The movie couldn't have come across any dumber and surprisingly it was extremely dull. The title of the movie tells the whole story.
  2. Jan 4, 2015
    This movie obviously thinks kids are stupid because there is no other reason for this film to exist. Remember when pixar films used to take years in development? This one came out less than a year after the original Planes, and it really shows. I haven’t seen such a carbon copy sequel since Hangover Part 2. They have just replaced the word Racing Plane for Fire Fighter, the animationThis movie obviously thinks kids are stupid because there is no other reason for this film to exist. Remember when pixar films used to take years in development? This one came out less than a year after the original Planes, and it really shows. I haven’t seen such a carbon copy sequel since Hangover Part 2. They have just replaced the word Racing Plane for Fire Fighter, the animation has somehow managed to get worse and the fact that this was left in cinemas for as long as it was, meant that more parents took kids to see this than decent children's movies that came out this year (seriously Despicable Me 2 and the Croods were much better than this). kids deserve a better class of movie than this. The cars films were dreadful, Planes was even worse. I haven’t even seen the boat spin-off but I can assume that is awful as well and if there are any plans to make more of them in the future then expect them to turn up on future lists as these films have no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Expand
  3. May 19, 2015
    Planes Fire & Rescue is an unnecessary sequel that will entertain children but no one else. There’s nothing wrong with the film and its not awful but it lacks any mass appeal. Outside of looking at the pleasant animation there isn’t much to grab this film. Non toddlers will be able to put the story together quickly and the characters don’t offer much. It is slightly more engaging than thePlanes Fire & Rescue is an unnecessary sequel that will entertain children but no one else. There’s nothing wrong with the film and its not awful but it lacks any mass appeal. Outside of looking at the pleasant animation there isn’t much to grab this film. Non toddlers will be able to put the story together quickly and the characters don’t offer much. It is slightly more engaging than the first in that I didn’t want to shut it off but I was so tired while watching that it doesn’t make much of a difference. Unless you have kids there’s no reason to see this film. If you are stuck watching it you won’t be sitting through anything dreadful like The Nut Job but there’s little to engage the older mind so if you have to take a nap or have this on for them not you. Hopefully we won’t have to suffer anymore of these Cars spin off films. Expand
  4. Jul 31, 2014
    Going into the latest Disney tent-pole, and the sequel to last summer’s snooze fest (Even by kiddie fare standards), “Planes: Fire & Rescue” I had my fair share of low, and I mean, low expectations. The trailers build this up to be one big sap fest, the first preview had the very good Spencer Lee singing the titular song “Still I Fly”. Which, yes makes it’s way into a slow montage in theGoing into the latest Disney tent-pole, and the sequel to last summer’s snooze fest (Even by kiddie fare standards), “Planes: Fire & Rescue” I had my fair share of low, and I mean, low expectations. The trailers build this up to be one big sap fest, the first preview had the very good Spencer Lee singing the titular song “Still I Fly”. Which, yes makes it’s way into a slow montage in the film. To be expected, the film is not in the high winds of what it’s animation department is actually capable off. (Have you seen “Frozen?”) . Parents will find the film utterly predictable, but the younger children will more than likely be put in a trance, as soon as Dusty Crophopper swings into the big screen. To say the least I was truly surprised at how much I actually enjoyed this follow up sequel.

Having only been less than a year since we saw the last Planes, Dusty is now a big time celebrity, and world champion. However when his gearbox reluctantly fails -- this causes Dusty to find a new calling, as he most likely will never race again. After a terrible accident leaves his hometown in ruins Dusty takes new leave, and begins investing into the world of firefighting. Serving alongside the heroes he aspires to be.

You may not believe it at first, but there actually is some touching moments sprinkled throughout “Planes: Fire and Rescue”, not to mention, most of the scenery is gorgeous to look at (a vast improvement over the first outing). The directing staff actually studied for months on the actual depths that these firefighters go through. Which truly is showcased in the very cool air stunt sequences, which are easily the film’s greater strengths. Ideally, what propelled the film even further was the addition of a new band of characters, that are superior to the previous entry. Characters that I actually cared about. Of course, with new characters comes with a new cast..lead by Julie Brown (Modern Family) as Lil’ Dipper. Ed Harris, Wes Studi, Hal Holbrook while Dane Cook returned to voice Dusty.

So much went wrong with the first “Planes” that it actually set a low bar for the standards of Disney, and for that I was truly shocked. It has become apparent that this crew saw those faults and drastically altered them. Resulting in a more than passable escapism for the younger crowd..and even slight enjoyment for the adults as well. The film is nowhere near the likes of “LEGO Movie”, “Frozen”, or “How To Train Your Dragon 2”. Running at a smooth 1hr and 15 mins, is just perfect enough to entertain the kids..and not drag down the parents along the way. Everyone leaves feeling satisfied

B

Studio: Disney
    Release Date: July 18th
    Thanks For Stopping By ®
  5. Jul 18, 2014
    It was funny. Many jokes ranged from vehicle puns to a few dirty jokes that went over the children's heads. I never saw the first one, mostly because I was turned away from the aspect that it was just treading on the racing scene again. There was none of that in this film , and it provided a dilemma that the hero had to share responsibility for, as he still had a lot to learn what courageIt was funny. Many jokes ranged from vehicle puns to a few dirty jokes that went over the children's heads. I never saw the first one, mostly because I was turned away from the aspect that it was just treading on the racing scene again. There was none of that in this film , and it provided a dilemma that the hero had to share responsibility for, as he still had a lot to learn what courage meant. The resolution was climatic, if not a bit too simple. I saw it in 3D, and it worked well with the valleys and trees and fires; it felt like Grand Canyon National Park. Overall, it was a good tribute to Fire Fighters who gave their lives and are continuing to protect civilians.
    When I left the theater, a Fire Truck rushed past and I smiled in gratitude as the sirens faded.
  6. Aug 1, 2014
    Not the greatest sequel I've ever seen, but my 2 year old son really enjoyed the film. Would have liked to see a few more characters from the original film at least make cameo performances.
  7. Feb 28, 2015
    It's hard for a squeal to be better than its predecessor but this movie is one of those that did. Like always the graphics are great but the story is way better than Planes. Great for kids and adults.
  8. Jul 25, 2014
    I think, that this movie is not a "Great film". It's a film made for child. If you and your son go to see it, your son or dauther,cgonna like it, but you don't. It's a bad film to adults. For adults you gonna born in the movie. But this movie have a good animation.
  9. Jul 28, 2014
    Planes: Fire & Rescue is a much improved 3D sequel compared to its predecessor. With a more serious and original storyline. Despite, both movies Planes and its sequel lack some magic that a disney movie should have with its ingredients, and both should apparently be straight to video.
  10. Jul 19, 2014
    The animation is great and there are enough jokes and interesting action to keep adults and kids entertained. Probably best viewed in 3D. A big plus is that it is not anotehr 'race movie'.
  11. Nov 20, 2014
    stupidly boring movie.....ermmm our whole family nearly slept while watching this movie and some movies like Wreck It Ralph or Frozen OR BIG HERO 6 could beat this movie!
  12. Jan 30, 2015
    A stronger story than the original Planes, with good animation and great jokes to keep all ages entertained. I thought it was a good movie, and it was different. I personally think the animation of this movie gets underrated a bit, and it's short enough to keep kids entertained for the ones who don't like long movies. Disney did a good job making this movie in the short timeframe sinceA stronger story than the original Planes, with good animation and great jokes to keep all ages entertained. I thought it was a good movie, and it was different. I personally think the animation of this movie gets underrated a bit, and it's short enough to keep kids entertained for the ones who don't like long movies. Disney did a good job making this movie in the short timeframe since Planes, about one year.

Rating: 8/10
  13. Mar 27, 2015
    Seguindo a mesma linha do primeiro filme, a animação mostra mais uma ventura no "universo expandido" de "Carros". Assim como a primeira animação da série, essa também é bem fraca em questão de história. Personagens não carismáticos. Mais uma vez a Disney não acertou na qualidade da animação como um todo, e apenas conseguiu mais um filme genérico para vender brinquedos. Enfim, o que salva éSeguindo a mesma linha do primeiro filme, a animação mostra mais uma ventura no "universo expandido" de "Carros". Assim como a primeira animação da série, essa também é bem fraca em questão de história. Personagens não carismáticos. Mais uma vez a Disney não acertou na qualidade da animação como um todo, e apenas conseguiu mais um filme genérico para vender brinquedos. Enfim, o que salva é a qualidade visual da animação que está realmente muito bonita. Paisagens legais e cores bonitas. O filme em um todo é melhor que o primeiro, mais ainda está longe do padrão 'Disney' de qualidade. 5/10. Expand
  14. Mar 27, 2015
    A squeal that nobody wanted, so why did make this movie, I bet Disney thought the first movie was so good that the people riot on the street wanting a squeal. Famous racer Dusty Crophopper gets a wake-up call when he is told his engine trouble means his racing days are over. He finds himself going from the racing circuit to aerial firefighting, as he is taken under the wing of veteranA squeal that nobody wanted, so why did make this movie, I bet Disney thought the first movie was so good that the people riot on the street wanting a squeal. Famous racer Dusty Crophopper gets a wake-up call when he is told his engine trouble means his racing days are over. He finds himself going from the racing circuit to aerial firefighting, as he is taken under the wing of veteran Blade Ranger and his team of Smokejumpers. When a massive wildfire hits, Dusty will get his chance to shine and finds out what it means to be a true hero. This movie has colorful animation and so of the jokes was a bit funny this time, and also this movie is better then the first one, but it still has a lot of problems and some charterers were uninteresting in the film. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Mike McCahill
    Sep 22, 2014
    The action is colourful, the vistas as organic as pixels will allow and, once it gets past the quickfire editing of the early stages, considered application of 3D heightens the sense of space and glide. Not much magic, but an appreciable level of polish.
  2. Reviewed by: Jordan Hoffman
    Jul 18, 2014
    Surprisingly dull.
  3. Reviewed by: Bilge Ebiri
    Jul 18, 2014
    The sequel, Planes: Fire and Rescue, is still a DisneyToon production, but it does aim higher, with a visual zip that was lacking from the first. It is, in almost all respects, a better movie. It’s still not particularly good, though.