5.3

1. JamesH
    Nov 25, 2009
    The worse animated film I've seen in quite a while. SO predictable! NOT funny. The movie could not hold the attention of most of the kids in the theater as they were noisy and fidgety. By comparison, when I saw Wall-e in the theater you could hear a pin drop. I'm giving it a 2 because the animation is descent and there is one funny line when the aliens see the human naked. The worse animated film I've seen in quite a while. SO predictable! NOT funny. The movie could not hold the attention of most of the kids in the theater as they were noisy and fidgety. By comparison, when I saw Wall-e in the theater you could hear a pin drop. I'm giving it a 2 because the animation is descent and there is one funny line when the aliens see the human naked. Otherwise it's a ZERO. AVOID this bore-fest! Expand
  2. GabrielH
    Nov 27, 2009
    Just terrible film, lack of originality and in some parts even insulting. not for kids, sure. Brrrr
  3. JP
    Nov 29, 2009
    I wish there had been someone to tell me not to take my ENTIRE family for Thanksgiving to this movie. The kids looked forward to this show since we saw the previews months ago. From ages 4-11, this movie was terrible. They wanted to leave the theater, I was falling asleep due to lack of dialogue, and the kids were miserable. They hated sitting there with a movie that didn't have ANY I wish there had been someone to tell me not to take my ENTIRE family for Thanksgiving to this movie. The kids looked forward to this show since we saw the previews months ago. From ages 4-11, this movie was terrible. They wanted to leave the theater, I was falling asleep due to lack of dialogue, and the kids were miserable. They hated sitting there with a movie that didn't have ANY direction. The main character who is a self absorbed fool is so degrading to the title "astronaut". It was so bland and unfulfilled, I wanted to apologize to the family for the awful price we paid to sit there and watch this. Expand
  4. KgM.
    Dec 1, 2009
    This picture takes an alien planet and imports a 50s motif and therein lies the basic background of the storyline. The problem is it isn
  5. LuisV.
    Nov 20, 2009
    Utterly absurd and unfunny and predictable and dull and insulting. And who the F cares if there really are aliens in the attic !
  6. AngelaO.
    Nov 28, 2009
    What a disaster and what a shame! My son and I had to leave the theater before its ending. It is boring and disgusting!
  7. May 26, 2011
    Its a shame that this movie didn't use it's smart plot to a benefit or I would have given this movie a higher rating if it had a better cast and if it was funnier, but like I said it falls too short.
  8. Nov 13, 2011
    Planet 51 does have a unique concept of an alien race in a 1950's flair environment, but the whole execution of the movie was a complete disaster. The story was quickly forgettable with humour so dull that Dwayne Johnson (voice of Charles T. Baker aka the Astronaut) couldn't save this animated feature to be highly entertaining. With a poor execution and only two scenes that will make youPlanet 51 does have a unique concept of an alien race in a 1950's flair environment, but the whole execution of the movie was a complete disaster. The story was quickly forgettable with humour so dull that Dwayne Johnson (voice of Charles T. Baker aka the Astronaut) couldn't save this animated feature to be highly entertaining. With a poor execution and only two scenes that will make you laugh, Planet 51 is at best to be a direct to video film than a theatrical feature. Expand
  9. Dec 2, 2011
    Planet 51 may have great animation, but the thin plotted story and uninteresting characters make it very boring. It lacks fun in a lot of ways. The premise was interesting, but was poorly executed.
  10. Jan 29, 2012
    It has a very intriguing premise but the whole film is a wreck. With boring voice acting and bad animation along with it not being funny, Save your money and don't see it. i give this movie 19%.
  11. Nov 16, 2013
    Planet 51 is spaced out.
    No laughs, no good characters, no real message, and an unoriginal story. The only redeeming quality I can see is that it will hold kids interest; but there are many choices far better than this one regarding a family film.
  12. Jul 13, 2014
    It's odd that before this review, the average user rating was 51. How ironic. Especially because it deserves a much lower score. I mean, it's pretty obvious what will happen.

1. A perky though not terribly imaginative feature aimed primarily at youngsters.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    There's nothing funny, provocative or involving about what "Shrek" co-writer Joe Stillman and the team from Madrid-based Ilion Animation Studios do with the notion here.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Miller
    Like "E.T." in reverse, this pleasantly mediocre CG animation tale lands an astronaut on a distant planet.