Planet 51

5.3

1. MichaelC.
    Dec 10, 2009
    Its not the best animation movie of the year, but its really funny to see, with high quality 3D, simple argument (But simple isn't bad) with some memorable jokes. Ill be really proud if my first animation movie would be like that!! I recommend it.
  2. IsmaelR.
    Nov 21, 2009
    Once more, I don´t understand critics. This is not the best movie in the world, but it's a good and funny one.
  3. FranciscoO
    Dec 6, 2009
    Great movie, excellent animation.
  4. EugeneZ
    Dec 7, 2009
    This movie is the SMARTEST animation that I've ever seen (along with
  5. LizK
    Nov 21, 2009
    It was pretty amazing, a felling good movie for the kids
  6. DaveH.
    Nov 27, 2009
    Better than cloudy with a chance of meatballs. the movie makes the viewer think a little bit.
  7. FredW
    Nov 28, 2009
    Very funny, indeed, just a simple and a very nice story.
  8. DanielS.
    Nov 29, 2009
    Wonderful animation movie. There may be people out there that does not understand it.
  9. MattG.
    Dec 2, 2009
    Visually clever and pretty, not great art but definitely great fun.
  10. MiguelP.
    Dec 3, 2009
    Don't take this bad people but it seems that creeps you out that anybody come to play to your playground. I don't dare to say that this is better than a Pixar's movie, although is far better than Dreamworks "Monsters vs Aliens" By the way the movie is pretty well done to be the first serious Spanish animation movie project.
  11. JaimeM
    Dec 6, 2009
    A very, very good film!!! Don't trust bad reviews made by stupid people who rate Titanic as a 5/5 stars film. TRUST ME!!! You must see this film if you have a good sense of humor, LOVED IT!!!
  12. claired
    Nov 21, 2009
    Saw Planet 51 yesterday with my kids (5,7,9 yr) and I really enjoyed it. Very hilarious and well done. Congratulations!
  13. laurar
    Nov 21, 2009
    It´s the perfect movie to see with kids and have a family fun.
  14. johnm
    Nov 21, 2009
    This movie is simply perfect for family entertaining. Both kids and adults will love it. Fun and very touching.
  15. JohnFitz
    Nov 22, 2009
    Planet51 was an awesome movie. Highly Recommend.
  16. TamaraS
    A must see movie.
  17. MommySmith
    Nov 29, 2009
    Nice. Light. Funny. Finally, a kids movie which is actually for kids. Nothing scary. (Kids Age 3 + 5).
  18. AntonioM.
    Dec 9, 2009
    This is a very intelligent (and fun) movie, in the line of Shrek-1 (no surprise as Joe Stillman is the writer in both). I went to see it with my 5 years old daughter and she liked it a lot...but I liked it more because I could understand most of the intelligent jokes which the film is literally filled with. From the title (clear reference to Area 51 where the aliens are supposed to be This is a very intelligent (and fun) movie, in the line of Shrek-1 (no surprise as Joe Stillman is the writer in both). I went to see it with my 5 years old daughter and she liked it a lot...but I liked it more because I could understand most of the intelligent jokes which the film is literally filled with. From the title (clear reference to Area 51 where the aliens are supposed to be kept secretly by the U.S.), to references to films like Alien, E.T., B series movies (50 feet woman,...), like details in the background (Comics starring a green giant called "Bulked" (Hulk)... Despite not being as round as Shrek-1, it clearly has much more attention to detail to make jokes even on the background as the main action is taking place. As said, a good film for kids but even better film for adults with other movies background. Very intelligent. Expand
  19. JohnJohn
    Funny!
  20. Aug 26, 2010
    Planet 51 has good animation, an funny plot and easy-to-please moments, but has an very predictable end - and even children knows that, but stays a question in all heads, before the end: he stays there or he goes?
  21. Jan 15, 2015
    If you are the sort enjoy watching movies for children, with your children, or simply movies with vivid, beautiful, and creative art direction, you'll enjoy this movie. Otherwise it simply isn't for you. It's humor is by no means racy, but some jokes may offend you if you are the easily offended type. While it does what it sets out to do, I wouldn't recommend this movie to most people, butIf you are the sort enjoy watching movies for children, with your children, or simply movies with vivid, beautiful, and creative art direction, you'll enjoy this movie. Otherwise it simply isn't for you. It's humor is by no means racy, but some jokes may offend you if you are the easily offended type. While it does what it sets out to do, I wouldn't recommend this movie to most people, but if you do fit the profile of a person I specified earlier, I would recommend it. Expand
  22. Jan 23, 2014
    While the 1950s/1960s references and setting are likely to fall flat with most kids, I thought the film was fun and brilliantly animated. My little nephew had no idea about the cultural era defined for the aliens, but he remained mostly interested from start to finish (which, for him, is quite a feat). This is by no means the cream of the animated film crop, but it's a far betterWhile the 1950s/1960s references and setting are likely to fall flat with most kids, I thought the film was fun and brilliantly animated. My little nephew had no idea about the cultural era defined for the aliens, but he remained mostly interested from start to finish (which, for him, is quite a feat). This is by no means the cream of the animated film crop, but it's a far better experience than many reviews to date would suggest, and it's worth watching. It's a shame I never heard about it until nearly four years after release. Expand
  23. Aug 17, 2014
    Planet 51 pays homage to the classic alien movies in which it references much from movies such as Aliens and 2001: A Space Odyssey, in which they are really fun and they keep an adult's attention. Personally, my list of favorite animated movies includes peculiar titles and not the usual classics, Planet 51 fits there perfectly.

1. A perky though not terribly imaginative feature aimed primarily at youngsters.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    There's nothing funny, provocative or involving about what "Shrek" co-writer Joe Stillman and the team from Madrid-based Ilion Animation Studios do with the notion here.
    Like "E.T." in reverse, this pleasantly mediocre CG animation tale lands an astronaut on a distant planet.