5.0

1. Jan 18, 2016
    The ending completely wraps up to be one of the dumbest twist endings in the entire Planet of the Apes franchise and in the entire movie history. Mark Wahlberg was bad for the role by the way.
  2. Feb 10, 2013
    Planet of the Apes is so shallow, covered with idiocy, and actors acting worse than monkeys. Tim Burton has disgraced the original and hurt is reputation.
  3. Jun 29, 2013
    Terrible script mixed with a very ugly looking quality, Planet of the Apes is just a full blown mess. Mark Wahlberg does his best, but unfortunately the lack of fun brings this movie down.
  4. Jul 28, 2014
    Wow, this movie is a piece of sh*t. Not only does the apes look like some f*cking human dressed in a Halloween suit, the plot is so f*cking stupid. Even Mark Walhberg's performance sucks monkey dicks and HE IS A GREAT ACTOR!!! The movie opens with an intriguing climax but ends up in a way so retarded. Tim Burton doesn't give a sh*t, why should I? This movie makes me wanna see the way-muchWow, this movie is a piece of sh*t. Not only does the apes look like some f*cking human dressed in a Halloween suit, the plot is so f*cking stupid. Even Mark Walhberg's performance sucks monkey dicks and HE IS A GREAT ACTOR!!! The movie opens with an intriguing climax but ends up in a way so retarded. Tim Burton doesn't give a sh*t, why should I? This movie makes me wanna see the way-much better reboot... Planet of the Apes (2001), yeah the bad one. **** this sh*t. Expand
  5. Apr 23, 2015
    Tim Burton’s 2001 remake of Planet of the Apes is bad, boring, bland movie. It’s populated by bad, boring, bland characters. Generally these characters are played by entertaining actors, like Tim Roth and Paul Giammatti. This is excepting Mark Wahlberg, who comes across as bad, boring, and bland when forced into a generic leading man role. This is also excepting the human female lead. SheTim Burton’s 2001 remake of Planet of the Apes is bad, boring, bland movie. It’s populated by bad, boring, bland characters. Generally these characters are played by entertaining actors, like Tim Roth and Paul Giammatti. This is excepting Mark Wahlberg, who comes across as bad, boring, and bland when forced into a generic leading man role. This is also excepting the human female lead. She is an attractive human female and literally nothing else. This should also not include Helena Bonham Carter, whose character is uncomfortable to watch. In fact most of the fun cast is given so little to do that any second of movie that’s actually entertaining is countered by two or three that are bad, boring, and bland. It’s definitely the worst movie of the franchise, and we should all be glad they never got to make more. Expand
  6. Jun 21, 2011
    Are you kidding ? Here we venture deep, deep into B-movie territory, with everything from the CGI to the acting to the makeup being plain...ridiculous ! The old and the young apes are really unbelievably, flabbergastingly unwatchable. This is moviemaking at its worst ! I swear one of the monkeys looks like Prince !
  7. Jul 6, 2014
    Worst Unnecessary Remakes I Seen In My Life ,Psycho (1998). Carrie (2013). Planet Of The Apes (2001). The Fog (2005). A Nightmare On Elm Street (2010). Prom Night (2008). The Day The Earth Stood Still (2008). Flubber (1997). The Stepfather (2009). Clash Of The Titans (2010). The Wicker Man (2006)
  8. TurkB.
    Jan 5, 2002
    Simply awful - this one makes you think? Sorry Joey D. - watching POTA (2001) takes as much thought as watching a video-game - in ten years, this version will be long forgotten.
  9. PaulaW.
    Nov 12, 2001
    Typical boring Hollywood nonsense, with a preachy underlying animal-rights theme. A loud soundtrack and so-so effects take the place of story and character development. Director Tim Burton is way off his game. It's hard to believe that this is the same person who made Edward Scissorhands or Sleepy Hollow. And what are Tim Roth and Helena Bonham-Carter, or for that matter Marky Mark, Typical boring Hollywood nonsense, with a preachy underlying animal-rights theme. A loud soundtrack and so-so effects take the place of story and character development. Director Tim Burton is way off his game. It's hard to believe that this is the same person who made Edward Scissorhands or Sleepy Hollow. And what are Tim Roth and Helena Bonham-Carter, or for that matter Marky Mark, doing in this stinker? The one bright spot is the inventive set design: the city of the apes is a megalopolis of treehouses, built vertically not horizontally for swinging through trees. Feel free to give it a miss. Expand
  10. Karen
    Aug 23, 2001
    One for makeup, one for art direction, one for incredibly realistic movement of the apes. Everything else was unsatisfying. Especially disappointing was raising the specter of interspecies relationships, then kissing off the monkey/human love interest.
  11. PatC.
    Jan 7, 2004
    The original had a modicum of unique stimulating content. None of it made it into this remake. This is not really remade but de-evolved. It's a formula piece that stole the name of an old movie that worked. The final confrontation was, what's the word, ape-ish.
  12. BobB.
    Aug 24, 2001
    Really dull! dull! dull! in spite of the makeup and sets. The story was dumb, and most of the apes had dark vader's voice. The acting was pathetic. I was really disappointed.
  13. CBB
    Jun 28, 2002
    The original was better, much better. The only thing I liked about this movie was how realistic the ape make up was compared to the original.
  14. VladimirP.
    Jan 27, 2002
    The old planet of the apes wasn't bad...the story was kind of interesting, but really nothing special. But, the new Planet of the Apes, was the most terrible, awful, pathetic piece of sh.. I have ever watched. It was stupid from the beginning on, and the end is so amazingly dumb that I was shocked. Burton has made much better!!! The soundtrack was annoying and the effects so flashy The old planet of the apes wasn't bad...the story was kind of interesting, but really nothing special. But, the new Planet of the Apes, was the most terrible, awful, pathetic piece of sh.. I have ever watched. It was stupid from the beginning on, and the end is so amazingly dumb that I was shocked. Burton has made much better!!! The soundtrack was annoying and the effects so flashy that everything was white when I left the theatre. Please Mr. Burton, don't make a sequel!! Expand
  15. Simon
    Mar 22, 2002
    Terrible script, and what seems to me to be terrible direction, just fails to be at all interesting, or fun or exciting!
  16. ShourovB.
    Sep 29, 2002
    Startingly bad. I wanted to watch this movie for fun, and instead found myself wanting the last 90 minutes of my life back. I didn't care if the story was not plausible (neither was the original, which I liked) but Burton made the plot *so* inconsistent that I couldn't ignore it any more. God knows I wanted to enjoy this movie, I really did, but in the end it is probably the Startingly bad. I wanted to watch this movie for fun, and instead found myself wanting the last 90 minutes of my life back. I didn't care if the story was not plausible (neither was the original, which I liked) but Burton made the plot *so* inconsistent that I couldn't ignore it any more. God knows I wanted to enjoy this movie, I really did, but in the end it is probably the worst movie I have ever seen. And no-one - I mean no-one- has ever acted worse than Estella Warren has in this "movie." Expand
  17. BR
    Apr 18, 2006
    I can't understand anyone giving this movie even a mediocre scroe. It was terrible. bad acting, predicatable plot. Just plain dumb.

Burton's made a film that's respectful to the original, and respectable in itself, but that's not enough. Ten years from now, it will be the 1968 version that people are still renting.
    With the exception of a battle scene with apes on all fours charging the humans, the film is monumentally silly.
    When Mr. Burton's "Planet" fixes on being entertaining...it succeeds. But the picture states its social points so bluntly that it becomes slow-witted and condescending; it treats the audience as pets.