6.7

1. Nov 6, 2011
    The best of the Pokemon movies that were released theatrically. Most kids will enjoy it but some adults may be bored with it quickly because it is pokemon, after all.
  2. Aug 26, 2013
    I am absolutely shocked at how bad this movie's reviews here are! Definitely the best thing Pokémon has to offer in terms of anime, be it the TV show or the movies this film is not only a dream come true for any Pokémon fan, but also a very good family movie in general.

While still present, Pokémon themselves are downplayed enough for the brilliant, mature and genuinely touching story to fully manifest itself. The animation is very good, music multiplies the experience very much, the action scenes are exciting, characters surprisingly intelligent (tends to be a big problem with Pokémon series) and authentic, but most of all again, the story of this movie is absolutely fantastic. Mature and clever, it doesn't talk down to the kids and doesn't push the lesson down their throat, while still managing to get it across very well.

While the anime series and the newer movies under the Pokémon title tend to disappoint me more and more, this little masterpiece I can honestly recommend to anybody, Pokéfan or not, kid or adult.
  3. Oct 25, 2010
    if you like Pokemon movies 1 and 2, then this is the one you've been looking for.
  4. Oct 19, 2011
    Indisputably terrible with such crappy script. Even my dumb sister didn't get the movie.
  5. Mar 4, 2011
    Pokemon 2000 was bad, but this was worse. No other Pokemon movie can ever be as good as the first awesome one. Same goes for the series, which should've ended after the second season! And is it me, or are there way too many Pokemon games? Thank you Nintendo for constantly milking and ruining Pokemon.
  6. Oct 3, 2012
    Another awful Pokemon film....I have nothing to say anymore.........
  7. Dec 28, 2012
    If you're a hardcore fan, this is nonstop entertainment from start to finish. It you're not, most definitely give it a pass, for this is very, very weak.
  8. Jan 23, 2015
    Geez some of the reviews on this probably were watching another movie

Anyway if your not a Pokemon fan then do me a favor and leave now. I don't even know why your here if your not a Pokemon fan. In terms of the Pokemon movies I would rate this one as one of the best. It's got tense moments from start to finish. It's got good paced action and a good story. The movie was better in
    Geez some of the reviews on this probably were watching another movie

The movie was better in the fact that you actually see most of Ash's Pokemon battle in this movie rather than perform menial tasks like at the start battle and the battle with Entei.

It's also helped by the fact that there's no true villian and more actual emotion than the first two movies (except maybe for Mewtwo). Molly is a girl who lives with her Father and when he vanishes she simply wishes for a family unaware of how dangerous her wish actually is. Entei who is there to make Molly happy regardless of the consequences and the Unknown who are only doing what comes naturally to them.

Apart from the usual "save the world" that's become the norm for most of the Pokemon movies. This one also features Ash having to save his Mom which adds to the tension faced. It's also helped that Brock and Misty also have a battle and actually show their own skills as Pokemon trainers with Brock battling on the land and Misty battling in her element, under water.

Ash isn't as clueless as he usually is in the anime. He battles with fierce determination and actually shows he has learned something. Which is also something missed in the later seasons.

Overall if you liked the first two check out this one and if you haven't seen it then do check it out.
  9. Oct 26, 2014
    this is the definitive Pokemon Movie for me it has great animation, interesting characters and a story that really uses certain untouched aspects of the franchise to good effect

i can't even call this a guilty pleasure i'll stand by this being a good movie

1. Reviewed by: Cody Clark
    If you can overlook its condescending wholesomeness and static, visually drab, endlessly repetitious animation, then you have a more forgiving soul than I do.
  2. Reviewed by: Loren King
    This predictable, uninspired third installment to the endless saga won't win over non-believers.
  3. Reviewed by: Loren King
    This predictable, uninspired addition to the endless saga won't win over nonbelievers.