Pokémon 3: The Movie

6.6

1. KneoM.
    Jun 20, 2001
    The movie was great. The new characters really made cool entrances!
  2. CourtneyCantSay
    Jun 20, 2004
    Cool graphics and its a pokemon movie of corse its cool.
  3. AndrewJ.
    Jul 5, 2001
    I loved this movie. My favorite Pokemon is Bulbasaur. He vine whips through Pikachu so well!!! They are so cute even Eevee. He could beat even a BLASTOISE!
  4. NiallH.
    Aug 1, 2001
    One of the best movies of this year for the under 12's.
  5. RobertK.
    Sep 30, 2001
    I rate this movie a 10 because Pokemon is the best and everyone will love this film. And I don't like Digimon...It's a copy of Pokemon.
  6. Rattata
    Nov 3, 2001
    Pokemon is a super star!! Digimon is just copy from Pokemon.
  7. Nov 6, 2011
    The best of the Pokemon movies that were released theatrically. Most kids will enjoy it but some adults may be bored with it quickly because it is pokemon, after all.
  8. Aug 26, 2013
    I am absolutely shocked at how bad this movie's reviews here are! Definitely the best thing Pokémon has to offer in terms of anime, be it the TV show or the movies this film is not only a dream come true for any Pokémon fan, but also a very good family movie in general.

While still present, Pokémon themselves are downplayed enough for the brilliant, mature and genuinely touching story to fully manifest itself. The animation is very good, music multiplies the experience very much, the action scenes are exciting, characters surprisingly intelligent (tends to be a big problem with Pokémon series) and authentic, but most of all again, the story of this movie is absolutely fantastic. Mature and clever, it doesn't talk down to the kids and doesn't push the lesson down their throat, while still managing to get it across very well.

While the anime series and the newer movies under the Pokémon title tend to disappoint me more and more, this little masterpiece I can honestly recommend to anybody, Pokéfan or not, kid or adult.
  9. Oct 25, 2010
    if you like Pokemon movies 1 and 2, then this is the one you've been looking for.
  10. JayRaymundY.
    Jul 11, 2001
    Pokemon d best.
  11. JohnJ.
    Jul 7, 2001
    I totally disagree with your comments Andrew J. A Bulbasaur is not a valuable Pokemon to have in your lineup. And also an Eevee could not beat a Blastoise. One Hydro Pump and Eevee would be molecularized forever. I am sure that the best Pokemon has got to be Charcolt. Even though he is not an evolutionary Pokemon, his Flame Wheel could scorch any Pokemon.
  12. WuffS.
    Feb 12, 2002
    Oh dear. No, that's not a comment at the film you see but rather at the incompetence of movie critics. I sigh at them, as I usually do. Does anyone actually rely on them? No, I didn't think so. See, I rather thought that if you didn't like a movie involving bright colours, odd yet cute creatures and unending optimism, then you wouldn't go and watch the film. You'd Oh dear. No, that's not a comment at the film you see but rather at the incompetence of movie critics. I sigh at them, as I usually do. Does anyone actually rely on them? No, I didn't think so. See, I rather thought that if you didn't like a movie involving bright colours, odd yet cute creatures and unending optimism, then you wouldn't go and watch the film. You'd look at the poster and say 'Urgh, this looks like a film of -- etc -- I don't think I'll watch it.' Yet here we have the critics, as usual, trying to tell people the obvious. The movie is perplexing you say? I think they're more perplexing. They might aswell stand in a park and point at a daisy and say; Yellow, isn't it an annoying shade of yellow, look at the yellow everyone, isn't it annoying? Of course, who's annoying in the end, the flower or the fool standing around in a suit stating the obvious? There's a simple truth about this film and it all depends upon yourself. Yes, it is all colour, sound and things going boom. Yes, it is needlessly wholesome and optimistic. Is that a bad thing or a good thing though? Well, that's up to you and you didn't really need to tell me what the film was about did you? You only have to look at the advertisements to know. The real question is; how anally retentive are you? See, now that's a question critics need to be asking instead of just pointing at the yellow daisies. Sure it's a commercial, we know that already. Is it enjoyable? That's all down to each person. Personally (for those of you that's watched, read or heard HitcHiker's Guide to the Galaxy) I honestly believe we need to put all these useless people into a pod and shoot them out into space, to have them crashland on a Planet elsewhere so they can be the problem of some other poor sods. Sure it's fine to give criticque but what's the point of saying; This is this and I don't like this? That annoys me. Why not decide whether you like it or not before you review it and then give your opinion based on plausible reasons? Like maybe examining the film plot perhaps? Would this be a good thing for your kids to watch? Eh, why not. Amongst all the killing and such today, I find the wholesome optimistic nature of Pokémon a nice break. So, yup, it's simple, it's silly and most importantly, it's fun and as usual, delightfully trippy. Are you a plaide suit or a white tuxedo person? Do you worry about the roughness of your toilet paper? Well, like I said, this is all down to you. I know I love it and personally, I'd never listen to any critics before watching a movie. I wonder? Are they paid a lot? Maybe I'll go to the nearby park, point at daisies and see how annoying they are and see if anyone pays me a lot of money. The sad irony is that my pay would probably come in lead projectiles. How do they survive? Expand
  13. WildtheBlueMew
    Nov 22, 2001
    The movie was many times more enjoyable than the first few; including a few sentimental moments, and parts some children can relate to. (I know some that have grown up without a mother or father.) By the way, Digimon was created before Pokemon. It could not be copying, then.
  14. Jan 23, 2015
    Geez some of the reviews on this probably were watching another movie

Anyway if your not a Pokemon fan then do me a favor and leave now. I don't even know why your here if your not a Pokemon fan. In terms of the Pokemon movies I would rate this one as one of the best. It's got tense moments from start to finish. It's got good paced action and a good story. The movie was better in
    Geez some of the reviews on this probably were watching another movie

The movie was better in the fact that you actually see most of Ash's Pokemon battle in this movie rather than perform menial tasks like at the start battle and the battle with Entei.

It's also helped by the fact that there's no true villian and more actual emotion than the first two movies (except maybe for Mewtwo). Molly is a girl who lives with her Father and when he vanishes she simply wishes for a family unaware of how dangerous her wish actually is. Entei who is there to make Molly happy regardless of the consequences and the Unknown who are only doing what comes naturally to them.

Apart from the usual "save the world" that's become the norm for most of the Pokemon movies. This one also features Ash having to save his Mom which adds to the tension faced. It's also helped that Brock and Misty also have a battle and actually show their own skills as Pokemon trainers with Brock battling on the land and Misty battling in her element, under water.

Ash isn't as clueless as he usually is in the anime. He battles with fierce determination and actually shows he has learned something. Which is also something missed in the later seasons.

Overall if you liked the first two check out this one and if you haven't seen it then do check it out.
  15. Oct 26, 2014
    this is the definitive Pokemon Movie for me it has great animation, interesting characters and a story that really uses certain untouched aspects of the franchise to good effect

i can't even call this a guilty pleasure i'll stand by this being a good movie

1. Reviewed by: Cody Clark
    If you can overlook its condescending wholesomeness and static, visually drab, endlessly repetitious animation, then you have a more forgiving soul than I do.
  2. Reviewed by: Loren King
    This predictable, uninspired third installment to the endless saga won't win over non-believers.
  3. Reviewed by: Loren King
    This predictable, uninspired addition to the endless saga won't win over nonbelievers.