7.0

1. Oct 19, 2011
    Big movie with big dreams including big boss battles that appeal to small children. What a waste...
  2. Mar 21, 2012
    This one has a more engaging story compared to the 2nd one, and for the series standards, that is actually saying something.
  3. Feb 15, 2014
    Kids and fans are sure to be entertained, but the rest of us just sit there uncomfortably. It has the same concept as the other films in the series so you feel a sense of repeat which adds up in the end, unfortunately for the worse.
  4. Oct 27, 2014
    i love pokemon but i'll admit this movie sucks. it's animation is a severe downgrade, it's plot holes are gaping , it's villain is even worse which is doubly bad considering Dan Green is doing the voice and i'm surprised that only Il Neige review is the only one to point out it's really ripping off Princess Mononoke a lot. i did like some of the characters and the plot twist at the end isi love pokemon but i'll admit this movie sucks. it's animation is a severe downgrade, it's plot holes are gaping , it's villain is even worse which is doubly bad considering Dan Green is doing the voice and i'm surprised that only Il Neige review is the only one to point out it's really ripping off Princess Mononoke a lot. i did like some of the characters and the plot twist at the end is good but i now know thanks that Suede and Linkara that it's only in the film the way it is because of pointless extra scenes added by 4kids so my intelligence feels insulted Expand
  5. Dec 31, 2012
    The preachy, witless and horribly dubbed fourth movie is no better than the others, and it still feels like utter garbage in comparison to Spirited Away.
  6. Jan 27, 2012
    I love Pokemon a lot, but I'm not very fond of it's movies (the first one was the best). The dub is pretty terrible, and there are one-liners abund. While this movie will mainly entertain younger audiences, the message is loud and clear: only watch this if you're a die-hard fan.
  7. Jul 15, 2014
    I went into the movie thinking that I wouldn't like it and by the end I felt bad for feeling that way in the first place, because the movie is actually really good. It begins like almost all Pokemon movies there's a battle Ash goes to some new place that wasn't in the games and ends up meating a legendary Pokemon. But it's how it's done that makes this movie stand out from the others andI went into the movie thinking that I wouldn't like it and by the end I felt bad for feeling that way in the first place, because the movie is actually really good. It begins like almost all Pokemon movies there's a battle Ash goes to some new place that wasn't in the games and ends up meating a legendary Pokemon. But it's how it's done that makes this movie stand out from the others and surpass some of the others. There are a bunch of great things in this movie ranging from the great side characters to the suprisingly complex and dark storyline. Though my favorite part aobut the movie is how it shows that Pokemon ages and how in the past of the Pokemon world isn't exactly like the present despite what some of the games might show. Also the music is unbelievable in this movie, I mean Pokemon movies always have great music but this one really surpass in the audio department. Also the CGI in this movie (excluding one infamous part) is very well done and actually fits into the movie, unlike most cars in anime. So overall this movie is great and worth a watch for any Pokemon fan. Expand
  8. Robert
    Jan 2, 2003
    Absolutely horrible. I might go so far as to call it "borderline unwatchable".
  9. MysteryPokemon
    Mar 17, 2006
    This movie is awesome! I have never seen anything like that in Pokemon movies!
  10. TylerA
    Jan 27, 2007
    This is a superb film, I've been a fan of Pokemon since I was 8, I'm 16 now and its still a great series. Only Pokemon fans will enjoy this tho.
  11. DanR
    Jan 9, 2007
    the only reason this thing gets a one, is because i had some fun whacking off to misty in the theater.
  12. Kitty
    Mar 4, 2008
    When it comes to Pokemon, I expect this movie. Yeah, I own the DVD...and It's good, except some of the lines are a tad corny (I own the American version)...but the voice actors cancel that out! Basically, it's good, but it's got some kinks that doesn't make it stand out.
  13. BradlyB.
    Dec 20, 2002
    This movie is of great entertainment, and should have been rated PG. This film was definintely the best Pokémon movie. It really deserves better respect than what most people say.
  14. EduardoH.
    Nov 8, 2002
    Excellent.
  15. JoshC.
    Dec 20, 2002
    I love you Pikachu! Me and Ben really enjoyed the anime. We watch it all the time. I certainly hope pokemon stays around 4 ever, especially in my dreams.
  16. Noone
    Oct 23, 2003
    This is the best movie EVER!!!
  17. JoeB.
    Mar 15, 2003
    I love it! it is the best movie!
  18. Sam
    Feb 15, 2005
    The first was okay, second horrible, third putrid and the 5th was enjoyable. When it comes to this one i just want to die.
  19. Mecha-GilbertsuMulroneycakes-sa!
    Dec 12, 2002
    And THERE it is. Pokemon 4. (Sighs wistfully) Has it already been twenty minutes? Well, on the upside, it'll satisfy the Key Demographic (da Kidz). On the downside...there's no sense yet that Pokemon's pan is flashed. It refuses to die! It just...keeps....going!
  20. Oct 25, 2013
    Why is everyone hating on this movie? This is an AWESOME movie, and no, hardcore Pokemon fans are NOT the only ones who like it! Anywho, this is an awesome movie, I recommend it!

Surprising less moldy and trite than the last two.
  2. A fairly straightforward, if preachy, tale about environmentalism.
    Why the Pokémon fad hasn't died off yet is one of the great mysteries of the universe, right up there with the Pyramids of Gaza and the white stuff in Twinkies.