Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: July 21, 2000
7.2
Generally favorable reviews based on 73 Ratings
Watch Now
ZilcellMar 21, 2012
It doesn't appear to be as engaging as the one that came before it and some that came after it. The story won't grab your attention like the original would have.
Luigithemetal64Sep 4, 2015
Out of all movies in the Pokemon movie trilogy, this is my favorite.

Out of all movies in the Pokemon movie trilogy, this is my favorite.

The plot is bigger than the first movie because everyone, Pokemon, and the whole world is at stake. Note that I'm taking about the Japanese version, it's dark, and more tense than the English version. The movie does have humor like Flura thinking that Satoshi is Kasumi's boyfriend. The collector who plans on kidnapping the Pokemon gods, Freezer, Thunder, and Fire, is cunning. This movie has some educational value such as Kenji acknowledging that combining water and electricity breaks down H2 and O, and when fire (not be confused with Fire the Bird) comes in contact with those gases, it creates an explosion. But, 4KIDS THINK WE'RE TOO DUMB ENOUGH TO KNOW BASIC SCIENCE. The music is great, it fits the movies mood, so is the US version, that's up there. I remember at the theater that I used to be haunted when Satoshi was seemingly dead on the frozen sea, but not enough to scare me for days.

Critics hate this movie because of choppy animation and voice acting. Understand that they're just talking about the US dub. After all, 4Kids dubbed poorly in animes.

Overall, I personally prefer the the Japanese movie over the US version. US: 4/10, JP: 7/10