Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: November 10, 1999
7.4
Generally favorable reviews based on 130 Ratings
WATCH NOW
Check box if your review contains spoilers 0 characteres (5000 max)
ElizebethApr 26, 2006
Mewtwo is a really cool character idea. It's a cool story line and I really like it. The only thing that I'm commenting on the bad side is that Pikachu's vacation is cheesy.
6 of 6 users found this helpful
ZilcellMar 21, 2012
It is great for Pokemon fans and decent enough for some others to enjoy it. The story may come off as a surprise to some.
GamecubeLoverJul 27, 2016
The hate about this movie is a bit confusing but some of the hate is a bit reasonable and in metascore I would rate this an 83. There is a sad part in the movie that make me cry. ;-;
Jack101Feb 17, 2014
I don't get the hate really, do you know how difficult it is to mix animation and emotion and a life learned lesson (via Voilence is never the answer) all together in a full length film? Honestly, give them a break and appreciate their work.
EdgeyxJun 26, 2011
I'm a massive fan of all things Pokémon so I found it really hard to dislike, but if i had to I would say that I didn't like the friendship moral's but I guess that just comes with it being a film targeted at kids.
gm101Dec 1, 2010
The only good Pokemon movie ever made (although I thought the commercials for Pokemon 2000 were cool). I have very fond childhood memories of this movie, and I always watch this movie to relive those good memories.
GabrielleA.Jul 27, 2002
It was a great movie...it explains that violence is NOT the answer to everyone's problems. Some are even willing to sacrifice their own lives to save someone they care about or love.
1 of 2 users found this helpful
MovieLonely94Oct 25, 2010
a great film
baloon123Jul 27, 2014
Its a good movie and its my favorite of all of the Pokemon movies. I always watch this movie as a kid and it gives me memories of my childhood again.
lizMay 13, 2005
Best of the movies,cute and nice.however the best part is pikachus vaction:D
HernánV.Aug 2, 2005
A great movie, with some big poetic moments and some portions of very good music, that only failed in trying so hard to show every Pokémon possible to be shown and including some out-of-context music (commercial songs, and at some A great movie, with some big poetic moments and some portions of very good music, that only failed in trying so hard to show every Pokémon possible to be shown and including some out-of-context music (commercial songs, and at some times unapropiate soundtrack). But, in the overall, a memorable animated film. Expand
[Anonymous]Jul 7, 2004
This movie is great and I like the series itself, so automaticaly I love the movies.
AndrewF.Nov 22, 2001
If you don't like this movie you are a fat-tongued mockney twat.
MeS.Sep 19, 2001
Possibly the best out of the 3 movies, it's cute, funny, and heartwarming.
ZacharyO.Aug 18, 2001
I think it was very cool, and I found out that violence is not the answer.
AngelaJ.Sep 22, 2002
Well thought-out.
GrantA.Mar 23, 2003
The movie is cool because mew and mewtwo battle.
EpicLadySpongeFeb 23, 2016
I get it... critics hating on it. Blah blah blah. That's funny because we're all critics and we're giving this support. Hey, at least it's better than my latest low score.