7.8

1. Jan 5, 2012
    Ponyo is sweet, elegant, and innocent. With probably the best animation in Miyazaki's career. Ponyo has so much heart and a rich story. You have to think who would hate it. I give this movie 94%.
  2. Oct 24, 2010
    every movie Hayao Miyazaki makes kick a**! this movie is definitely the right movie for kids and adults.
  3. Sep 7, 2011
    A spellbinding movie that keeps it's magic throughout its entirety. Even when the movie seems to lag in the middle, the mother's line (played almost perfectly by Tina Fey), "life is mysterious and beautiful" (or something to that effect) picks it right back up. A modern Japanese mystical take on an old classic take, Ponyo will almost make you want to cry in its simple, sheer beauty.
  4. Oct 4, 2011
    Amazing, the dub in Spanish is good, impressive animation, it is very charming, pretty and funny, A masterpiece by Hayao Miyasaki, I hope he will continue making this kind of movies.
  5. Xon
    Jun 30, 2013
    Ponyo continues Ghbili's ode to nature and the magic of imagination. This film will delight youngsters and adults interested in a modern fable about innocence and identity. This film does not embrace the lofty themes of Spirited Away or Mononoke. However, the film is a delight.
  6. May 28, 2012
    This Is My Favorite Studio Ghibli Movie!
    The Animation Is Amazing I Love How Cute The Plot Is! A Great Story And Movie For Kids! Watch More Movies Like This And Less About Talking Cars!
  7. Feb 13, 2014
    Ponyo was one if the best movies I've seen in the last week. I would highly recommend this movie to anyone. Studio Ghibli did a great job with this movie.
  8. Aug 4, 2014
    This movie kind of reminds me of Winnie the Pooh: there isn't much of a plot, but it is just so charming and innocent, and the animation is just so adorable, that I would feel too guilty giving it anything less than the best score I can possibly give it.

Especially in a movie industry filled with countless action-filled movies and romantic comedies and heartbreaking serious movies, a
    movie as innocent as Ponyo is something to cherish. Expand
  9. Mar 23, 2013
    Just So Cute And Charming! The Best Animated Film Of 2009!
  10. Jun 1, 2014
    Ponyo is a really awesome movie, it had a really good story, loveable characters and jaw dropping scenery. I feel that the movie Ponyo is just so cute and beautiful in every way.

1. Reviewed by: Scott Foundas
    It's a movie for anyone who, like Miyazaki himself, can still happily commune with his inner five-year-old.
  2. Reviewed by: Ronnie Scheib
    Though targeted at tots, Ponyo may appeal most to jaded adults thirsty for wondrous beauty and unpackaged innocence
  3. Don't tell Walt Disney, but Hayao Miyazaki really holds the keys to the magic kingdom.