8.0

1. Jan 6, 2012
    I wanted to like it, but the clumsiness of its execution means it fails to move. The movie fails on many fronts: the "dream sequences" just confuse the plot; the characters are explored only superficially; the plot dawdles. Perhaps worst of all, the film relies on a blunt "haul on the heartstrings" approach rather than putting real effort into conveying emotion. It seems like it should be more of a touching story, but instead it is depressing violence, and left me feeling bleak, rather than uplifted. Expand
  2. Aug 25, 2012
    If I want to see apes, I will just watch a documentary from the discovery channel. They act just like animals in this movie and it's sickening.I wouldn't recommend this with my own life.

1. Reviewed by: Nick Antosca
    Shot in the manner of a grueling horror picture, with jittery edits to half-remembered traumas and glistening close-ups on the faces of monsters.
  2. Reviewed by: Duane Byrge
    As Precious, Sidibe is superb, allowing us to see the inner warmth and beauty of a young woman who, to her world's cruel eyes, might seem monstrous.
  3. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    An urban nightmare with a surfeit of soul, Precious: Based on the Novel 'Push' by Sapphire is like a diamond -- clear, bright, but oh so hard.