6.3

1. SteveF.
    Jul 10, 2010
    Spolier Alert: This movie just very went so deep into the tank after a very promising first half. Fishburne inconceivably takes all the survivors into his secretive lair, and smokes them out for no apparent pupose (he doesn't even steal a weapon nor does he get the hell out in time). He didn't survive 9 seasons by being an idiot! Brody somehow arranges to get an alien spaceship Spolier Alert: This movie just very went so deep into the tank after a very promising first half. Fishburne inconceivably takes all the survivors into his secretive lair, and smokes them out for no apparent pupose (he doesn't even steal a weapon nor does he get the hell out in time). He didn't survive 9 seasons by being an idiot! Brody somehow arranges to get an alien spaceship to take off and fly completely unmanned!!!! At the end, Brody and Braga are surrounded by a parachuting 'Season2" castmates and we see them casual and non-affected and with no desire to 'get the hell out fast'. We also got to see two predators fight each other with our a clue of who's who... and don't get me started on Topher Grace initiating his serial killer routine before the bad guys are all killed off while he would have been left with nothing but a hypodermic needle and a jackknife available to defend himself. A truly pathetic 2nd half. Expand
  2. Nov 6, 2010
    I had been anticipating this movie since I first heard it was going to exist. I mean, come on, Predator 3 was finally upon us. It really was the movie I never thought was going to happen, especially when we were blessed with the two AvP films. When I first heard Robert Rodriguez was going to have a hand in the production, I was instantly skeptical. Turns out I was spot on. Predators sucks,I had been anticipating this movie since I first heard it was going to exist. I mean, come on, Predator 3 was finally upon us. It really was the movie I never thought was going to happen, especially when we were blessed with the two AvP films. When I first heard Robert Rodriguez was going to have a hand in the production, I was instantly skeptical. Turns out I was spot on. Predators sucks, and there is no nicer way to say that, because I donâ Expand
  3. Tish
    Jul 12, 2010
    It was a really pointless movie...im thinking im goin to see great fights and what not. jus mostly running and stupidity. was really irritated with the movie all around. And the whole big predators hunting the smaller ones...wat is that about. Dude which one was coming to earth then cause im confused. completely made no sense!!!
  4. ChadS.
    Jul 9, 2010
    "The horror, the horror" had Arnold Schwartzenegger attempted to deliver a literary quote in John McTiernan's "Predator", the 1987 film which spawned three sequels "Predators" would probably have you forget, especially the shameless marketing-oriented ones that matched the nameless predator with the nameless alien. "AVP: Alien vs. Predator" and "AVPR: Alien vs. Predator- Requiem" "The horror, the horror" had Arnold Schwartzenegger attempted to deliver a literary quote in John McTiernan's "Predator", the 1987 film which spawned three sequels "Predators" would probably have you forget, especially the shameless marketing-oriented ones that matched the nameless predator with the nameless alien. "AVP: Alien vs. Predator" and "AVPR: Alien vs. Predator- Requiem" were more like spinoffs for gamers who loved MTV's "Celebrity Death Match" than an organic organic continuation of the Reagan/Bush-era franchise. They were live-action video games. "Predators" fairs only slightly better. Appropriately enough, the film opens with a man hurtling to the ground(the screenwriter must've had a Sprite) as the achromatic atmosphere, symbolic of the white light from a computer, is the preamble to the game: the planet where Royce(Adrien Brody) must play "The Most Dangerous [Video] Game" with his multi-cultural survivalists. (The predators are like CBS executives.) To lend "Predators" some much-needed gravitas, Adrien Brody quotes Ernest Hemingway, and acts like a Hemingway character(perhaps Wilson in "The Short Happy Life of Francis MacComber"), as Brody's Royce deduces that they're being hunted on a game preserve after he and his colleagues are attacked by spiky-looking quadrupeds. In order to escape from the "Lost" planet, the spirit of Schwartzenegger finds itself abounded in the "classic" predator, who like the android in James Cameron's "Terminator 2: Judgement Day", protects his former prey from an updated model: in this case, a higher evolved predator(the "black" predator) who keeps his ancestor in shackles. So Royce makes an alliance: Royce has guts, or as Hemingway put it, his course of action exemplifies "grace under pressure", when he perceives that the "classic" predator(who as it turns out, was probably only following orders in the South American jungle) isn't his real enemy, and frees the predator so he can fight his oppressor. Not only is Royce a man of action(he comes back for GRACE), but a man of great intellectual powers, as well: a man who reads. "Predators" can be read as a liberal film. Expand
  5. Oct 23, 2010
    The original film was no masterpiece, but it led an example of style and suspense. Predators is not quite that, but it is interesting and entertaining in a weird kind of way.
  6. chyatt
    Jul 11, 2010
    This movie flat out sucked. The actors suck, the story sucks, and the action sucks. DONT SEE THIS MOVIE.
  7. AZAAZA
    Jul 12, 2010
    What a lame movie!
  8. LukeB
    Jul 11, 2010
    One of the worst action films I have ever seen. The only enjoyment I got out of it was laughing at the ridiculousness of some of action sequences. The supporting characters are all based on racial stereotypes, and I just hope that Brody is trying to be a gravelly-voice satire of an action hero. I couldn't believe this movie was only 106 minutes long- it felt like 3 hours to me.
  9. Oct 19, 2010
    Predators is a waste of time without interesting characters and without no story. It's dumb boring movie! The only better is the original and please enjoy watching this original movie and forget about the new Predator. It's just waste of time watching this stupid movie and GOD that is the most stupidest reboot ever!
  10. Aug 16, 2010
    I have little to say that wont have been said before apart from - really, how difficult is it to make a Predator film? Surely the simple ingredients are a few bad a*s characters that you are rooting for, some bad a*s predators that stalk and scare the s**t out of the characters and a few good death scenes and fights. None of this is in Predators.
  11. Jan 7, 2011
    Is this movie a joke ? I have never in my entire life seen such bad acting, such a bad script, such a bad story, and such a ridiculous and shameless theft of scenes from other movies. I really do not see why anyone can give this a positive review. It is simply nauseating.
  12. Oct 17, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Why would you do this Adrien Brody? This movie isn't good, and kind of pointless to watch. He and the chick barely survive their first time around with the Predators, and at the end of the movie they have to try to get off the planet by surviving another? RIDICULOUS! Why did I even bother watching? Expand
  13. Mar 16, 2011
    People dropped into jungle after being abducted, unsure why they are there, feeling of not alone, start being hunted, etc, etc.
    Cliché-fest from start to finish with one dimensional characters, & at points, pretty much copying the wonderful original.
    Adrien Brody is really badly cast as the gung-ho mercenary complete with Christian Bale Batman voice & it's quite laughable when he tries to replicate Arnie towards the end.
    SFX are average and the music is pretty much regurgitated from the original.
  14. Sep 20, 2010
    Predators is a lame movie with no story. the whole movie talks about capturing a ship, but in the end, they kill only 1 alien , and only the 2 stars of the film survive.
  15. Oct 9, 2010
    what starts out promising becomes aweful super fast. the main actor looks as funny and embarrassing when trying to act cool (if not even more) as nicholas cage does in his movies. which already almost kills movie. the aliens with "space balls" like super sized helmets (didnt find taller guys to play the "bigger predator type" so they just used bigger helmets? lol) and dull and predictablewhat starts out promising becomes aweful super fast. the main actor looks as funny and embarrassing when trying to act cool (if not even more) as nicholas cage does in his movies. which already almost kills movie. the aliens with "space balls" like super sized helmets (didnt find taller guys to play the "bigger predator type" so they just used bigger helmets? lol) and dull and predictable story do the rest. it leaves the impression as it was originaly meant as a comedy, and changed to an action movie by cutting out the jokes. Expand
  16. Oct 14, 2010
    Oh, my god! What a horrible movie. This movie is really not my taste - it's not intelligent and the beasts are just so disgusting! It was a bit entertaining, but at what cost - only brutality and music could accomplish that, the rest was rubbish.
  17. Nov 16, 2010
    If you enjoy movies that make sense, then don't watch this. I just love how Adrian Brody pulls out these wild conclusions, based on virtually 0 proof, straight out of his ass. A complete waste of time. The only positive is that the speffects were decent.
  18. Mar 22, 2011
    When I rented this, I thought I was going watch a horror-action-sci-fi movie, but from the start to the ending, it was horrible. Horrible acting (except from Lawrence Fishburne) , predictable story, idiotic humour, the aliens look like plastic, terrible script, stupid underdeveloped characters and no scary scenes. The only three good things about this movie that it stars amazing LawrenceWhen I rented this, I thought I was going watch a horror-action-sci-fi movie, but from the start to the ending, it was horrible. Horrible acting (except from Lawrence Fishburne) , predictable story, idiotic humour, the aliens look like plastic, terrible script, stupid underdeveloped characters and no scary scenes. The only three good things about this movie that it stars amazing Lawrence Fishburne, somewhat okay action scenes and the gore. But overall, waste of time, waste of money if buying or renting. I rate this movie: 2 out of 10. Expand
  19. Jun 12, 2011
    A missed opportunity. The lack of effort placed into the plot is evident from almost the first minute, and the line "We don't need to worry how we got here. We are here is all that matters" should be enough to make anybody groan. If that weren't enough, Adrien Brody is thoroughly boring throughout the entire movie and speaks like he has a particularly sore throat. Even Laurence FishburneA missed opportunity. The lack of effort placed into the plot is evident from almost the first minute, and the line "We don't need to worry how we got here. We are here is all that matters" should be enough to make anybody groan. If that weren't enough, Adrien Brody is thoroughly boring throughout the entire movie and speaks like he has a particularly sore throat. Even Laurence Fishburne comes out of this movie worse for wear, as his cameo is a particularly weak character, and even this is irritatingly portrayed. Predators springs to life for a short while after Fishburne's exit, yet then descends into further levels of tedium. Expand
  20. May 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well, the beginning was somewhat interesting... A guy plummeting to "earth" with a faulty parachute. I could have rolled with that. The next part was rather stupid. They spent the next ten minutes shooting at each other until they figured out that they aren't the enemy. Then the next idiotic part. Predators with F'ing mini-gun plasma casters. That just about kills all the fun right there. Think about it this way... In Predator, one regular pred wipes out two crack teams without breaking a sweat. In Predator 2, kills half the damn city. But in Predators, it takes three super Preds to kill just 8 people. Charged up with spy planes and attack dogs, two of the preds where dead by mid-movie. And one by a thousand year old sword. Wow. And yet the classic pred which won against countless enemies, dies in less than a minute of fighting. All in all i think the movie was a waste of my money completely. Expand
  21. Jan 7, 2012
    I only watched half of this film before I had to stop because it was so terrible. The story ,while interesting, is poorly executed. The acting is well below average and is in fact down right terrible. Adrien Brody ,a formerly good actor, pulls off a Christian Bale movie and mimics the deep voice that Bale uses when he plays as Batman. This is very bad, Even worst then when Bale does it.I only watched half of this film before I had to stop because it was so terrible. The story ,while interesting, is poorly executed. The acting is well below average and is in fact down right terrible. Adrien Brody ,a formerly good actor, pulls off a Christian Bale movie and mimics the deep voice that Bale uses when he plays as Batman. This is very bad, Even worst then when Bale does it.

Its simply a terrible film.
  22. Dec 6, 2012
    The sequel to Predator made in 1990 starring Danny Glover, which at best could be considered mediocre, comes off as a contemporary classic compared to this. The events and sequences that are taking place are being explained by the characters to the audience throughout as if somehow we are incapable of following this "plot". The computer generated creatures and special effects areThe sequel to Predator made in 1990 starring Danny Glover, which at best could be considered mediocre, comes off as a contemporary classic compared to this. The events and sequences that are taking place are being explained by the characters to the audience throughout as if somehow we are incapable of following this "plot". The computer generated creatures and special effects are transparent and distracting. Lawrence Fishburne's brief presence is wasted and adds nothing substantial to the storyline. Brody is such an obvious miscast, and I wanted to give him benefit of the doubt, but it just didn't work on any level what so ever. Expand
  23. Jan 12, 2015
    Seen it recently on BD and its c****. Not the worst movie I've seen but pretty bad. A 3rd installment in the Predator series doesn't offer much. A few familiar faces and lame ass story.
  24. Apr 23, 2014
    One of the worst movies I've seen, and the very worst that I saw in a movie theater. Poor directing, pathetic acting, unconvincing sets, obvious storyline, and so on. What stood out most for me was how numerous characters, who were supposed to be experts in their methods of killing, weren't comfortable with their weapons. The actors seemed to lack any skill at even holding their propsOne of the worst movies I've seen, and the very worst that I saw in a movie theater. Poor directing, pathetic acting, unconvincing sets, obvious storyline, and so on. What stood out most for me was how numerous characters, who were supposed to be experts in their methods of killing, weren't comfortable with their weapons. The actors seemed to lack any skill at even holding their props believably, and spent no time getting acquainted with them in preparation to compensate. It felt as if the movie was just shot over a couple of weeks, maybe following a similar period of pre-filming development.
    There was little ability or effort visible in Predators.

1. Reviewed by: Kim Newman
    A solidly okay Saturday night effort, but unambitious considering the talent involved. Maybe Rodriguez should direct Predator Resurrection, but get a science fiction writer to script it.
  2. Reviewed by: Chris Nashawaty
    As a fan of Schwarzenegger's macho, heart-of-darkness original, it gives me no pleasure to say that Predators is an uninspired mess of mediocre action scenes strung together until the final reel.
    The movie is mostly about our nasty heroes being attacked by terrifying antagonists in incomprehensible muddles of lightning-fast special effects. It lacks the quiet suspense of the first “Predator,” and please don't even mention the “Alien vs. Predator” pictures, which lacked the subtlety of “Mothra vs. Godzilla.”