5.5

1. ElliotP.
    Mar 25, 2007
    Imagine your life is a deck of cards, with each card representing one day. Then imagine that the deck is dropped and the cards are scooped up in random order, and you can begin to make some sense out of this movie. Sandra Bullock does a masterful job making it appear that the confusing plot line actually makes sense. While we enjoyed the movie, it was apparent that at least a couple of Imagine your life is a deck of cards, with each card representing one day. Then imagine that the deck is dropped and the cards are scooped up in random order, and you can begin to make some sense out of this movie. Sandra Bullock does a masterful job making it appear that the confusing plot line actually makes sense. While we enjoyed the movie, it was apparent that at least a couple of other viewers most certainly did not. Expand
  2. DavinT.
    Mar 23, 2007
    In spite of inconsistencies of the plot, it packed a psychological punch --- and was effective overall.
  3. JoeT.
    Jul 18, 2007
    I'm surprised by all the bad reviews. Any mention of the Final Destinations or Butterfly Effect does the film a grave disservice. There's a touching grace to how the story unfolds. Yes, there are some plot inconsistencies, but the film carries it through with genuine heart (all too rare for cookie-cutter Hollywood).
  4. MichelL.
    Aug 13, 2007
    Great Movie! I though it was similar to Lake House.
  5. JaredC.
    Aug 9, 2007
    Not bad actually. The story isn't bad, and it sure dam isn't a lazy/slow Hide and Seek. Its adrenaline and never dull. A fantastic film based on a mysterious fantasy, a great dramatic performance.
  6. NickM.
    Nov 24, 2007
    I really don't understand how this movie can be rated so low....there were some places that could have been a little better, but overall i thought this was exciting and entertaining.
  7. ZOEKROGH
    Jul 23, 2007
    I honestly do not know why this film was rated so poorly by the critics. It was challenging to follow and all questions were eventually answered. The alternative ending was a little over the top, but all in all the movie was alright.
    Nov 24, 2007
    Just another example on how the critics are out of touch and got it wrong....its hard to believe that they watch the same movies as i do......this was an amazing movie, and i could care less what the snobbish "professional" critics say.
  9. Hannah
    Nov 27, 2007
    I actually enjoyed this movie... it was very suspenseful and thrilling. Unlike other movies that I've seen lately. I didn't think it was horrible like the movie critics thought but hey I'm not a pro at this kinda stuff.
  10. TabU.
    Mar 17, 2007
    One of the best mystery-thriller in years that uses great photography, cinematography, and soundtrack to capture a substantive, meaningful emotional, relational, and moral underpinnings.
  11. HondoJ.
    Mar 18, 2007
    The out-of-sequence time thriller is back, and Ms. Bullock's got it! This topsy-turvy blockbuster is a poorly disguised allegory of American adventurism in the Middle East, with Bullock as an Everywoman buffeted by dire predictions and rosy scenarios, attempting to make up her mind about the role of her country in a 21st Century paradigm. The 'premonitions' of the title are The out-of-sequence time thriller is back, and Ms. Bullock's got it! This topsy-turvy blockbuster is a poorly disguised allegory of American adventurism in the Middle East, with Bullock as an Everywoman buffeted by dire predictions and rosy scenarios, attempting to make up her mind about the role of her country in a 21st Century paradigm. The 'premonitions' of the title are her attempts to make sense of conflicting data, and the thrilling climax to this film will hit very close to the bone for those torn between cutting and running. Sandra is at her best since the heady days of Miss Congeniality II; indeed, this critic has a 'premonition' of Bullock receiving Oscar gold next February. The first great film of 2007. Expand
  12. SusieH.
    Mar 24, 2007
    A little hard to follow but better than the critics said.
  13. Sep 26, 2013
    For me it was a pretty decent thriller with some psychological tension and rather good storyline and concept (I mean that random days|events that happened to Linda and which she marked in the improvised calendar). Sandra Bullock's performance was pretty nice and convincing.

1. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    This slick exercise about a housewife whose spouse might or might not be dead is effective until a downright maudlin close.
  2. Reviewed by: Nathan Lee
    Had the film maintained a tone of kooky, Kafkaesque tragicomedy, narrowing in on Linda's wacko wrestling match with the laws of physics, we might really have had something here.
    The star and the more overwrought aspects of the plot are mainstream but the philosophical implications will not appeal to those who prefer easily digestible cinematic portions. It's also true that the more deeply one considers the movie's themes and structure, the less sense it makes.