Buena Vista Pictures | Release Date: March 23, 1990
8.9
Universal acclaim based on 204 Ratings
WATCH NOW
keavneykevinApr 2, 2017
This is an excellent picture which shows how two complete strangers with totally different occupations can form a close bond. It does a good job of depicts how life was like on the streets of Beverly Hills back in those days. The emotionsThis is an excellent picture which shows how two complete strangers with totally different occupations can form a close bond. It does a good job of depicts how life was like on the streets of Beverly Hills back in those days. The emotions that fill this story are a combination of love, sadness and brittle humor. This has to be one of the all-time greatest Julia Roberts films ever produced and the on-camera chemistry between her and Richard Gere shines through. Expand
NaomiFeb 17, 2016
This is a pretty greaaaat movie to watch. Don't expect too much depth, but it's just a load of laughs and fun. The ending is cliche and there are parts that are just bad. But it's great to check out Julia Roberts earlier in her career.
PetitBikiniOct 29, 2016
"Pretty Woman" wasn't a great movie but I am truly shocked that I even liked it at all. By all merits this is a film that you give your "3" and "2" ratings, but somehow, something in this film makes me not dislike it. Maybe it's the sincerity?
HanherMar 25, 2015
I'm surprised this movie has any traction at all. I agree Julia Roberts was the best thing in it. But the plot was totally ridiculous and Richard Gere mailed it in. I never got a sense of their chemistry at all.
beingryanjudeSep 2, 2014
The premise may be simple and commonplace within the industry. Nevertheless, the writer takes chances that truly pay off. All other romantic comedies since have surely been influenced from it.
deadanothinkJul 25, 2014
The story about a whore and how Daniel day Lewis **** her right in the ****, nothing that deserves a simply view of the great Bryan Cranston or the poor Richard gere
marcmyworksFeb 28, 2014
Classic love story. Boy loves hooker, hooker needs money, hooker loves boy. A classically classic film. Soon to spawn a sequel Pretty Woman 2: Even Prettier Woman.
Trev29Jul 21, 2013
It was surprisingly a quite charming movie. Julia Roberts was funny, witty, and intelligent in this role. This is most certainly not the type of film I would enjoy but the overall light romantic feel about the movie made it pleasurable to watch.
Compi24Mar 8, 2013
A romantic comedy that actually makes good use of both of its genre components, "Pretty Woman" is a hilarious piece of film with a sharp script, solid performances, and a hefty plateful of sentimentality.
MaxJul 19, 2009
This movie is great to watch with your girlfriend. It is romantic and looks great.
hjkggjhhjkhhlOct 7, 2008
This movie is full of romance and happiness and saddness. It is heart ripping and heart warming. It is a movie i recommend to anyone.
TonyB.Jul 1, 2008
Intellectually and emotionally dishonest in that because it wants to be "Cinderella," it never depicts what this "pretty woman" really does to earn a living.
MillyAFeb 10, 2008
A very slick, polished, rom-com go deeper and you'll find its pretty shallow. All its talk of fairytale ending, equality and dreams coming true sits side by side in a materialistic, greedy and class orientated Hollywood. Cold and calculated.
AbbyLJul 6, 2007
This was a good movie. Light and romantic.
MonicaAug 5, 2006
Perhaps only hopeless romantics like me can appreciate and give this movie a 10. I'm giving it a 9 though. The story is perfect. Funny, light and romantic. They could've changed the ending though, make it more dramatic.
AllyL.Oct 16, 2005
It's perfect it stars Richard Gere as he is so smug that you can really believe the only person who likes him is someone he buys. I cannot believe anyone thinks this movie is romantic. She's his latest purchase. There should be a It's perfect it stars Richard Gere as he is so smug that you can really believe the only person who likes him is someone he buys. I cannot believe anyone thinks this movie is romantic. She's his latest purchase. There should be a sequel where he gets a trade in for her. Expand