7.3

1. Feb 9, 2013
    I too was a little worried when I first started watching but it ended up being one of the best video game films, if not the best, imo. Gyllenhaal was a great pick for the lead, Kingsley is solid as well but doesn't get enough on screen time imo, The rest of the cast is solid as well. Did not care for the director though, I felt he ruined what could have been some good shots and should theyI too was a little worried when I first started watching but it ended up being one of the best video game films, if not the best, imo. Gyllenhaal was a great pick for the lead, Kingsley is solid as well but doesn't get enough on screen time imo, The rest of the cast is solid as well. Did not care for the director though, I felt he ruined what could have been some good shots and should they make a sequel, I'd like to see him replaced. Overall, Its a pretty solid movie and worth watching. Expand
  2. Mar 6, 2011
    While I wasn't expecting much with this it movie as most movie video game adaptions turn out crap (and the fact that it was made by Disney), I was shocked with how good this turned out to be, while it's not as good as the video game it's loosely based on, it's still a good experience, fans of the game may be disappointed it's still a good movie from beginning to end.
  3. Sep 25, 2011
    For the first time, I thought Jerry Bruckheimer created something marvelous in "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time". After watching a barrage of cliches with terrible characters, I thought wrong.
  4. Aug 18, 2010
    I figured this movie would be horrendous, but it really wasn't. It's the ultimate in light, fun action-adventuring - like you're watching a friend play a videogame. It doesn't hold a candle to the Indiana Jones movies or anything of that caliber, but if you moderate your expectations appropriately, you'll likely have fun with it.
  5. Aug 24, 2014
    The first half of the movie was rather good, but after that it just began to fall apart; scene after scene, hard-to-keep-up-with information about the dagger and the hourglass, fighting and strange new people whose part was sort of explained, but not well enough...

I've never played the game, but I assume many of the film's special camera movements/angles were there to link the game to the movie. Also, Jake Gyllenhaal as Dastan was like a flying monkey, jumping and spinning and flying. Sure, that was nice to look at, but I guess that was all a tribute to the game.

I didn't dare to expect much of this movie, and thus am not totally heartbroken about how the film ended. And what an ending it was... While the movie itself had a lot of clichéd moments, not to mention nothing truly surprising, it still kept some kind of nice vibe going. The end, however, fell flat on its ass (and we all know how much a bad ending affects the whole movie in general).

Jake Gyllenhaal has never been one of my favorite actors, but I have to say the long hair rather suits him. Seeing Gemma Arterton (Tamina) in such a similar role to that of "Clash of the Titans" was a bit eerie (sure, the parts are not completely alike, but there are many similarities... not to mention she looks exactly the same ;)

A cheap thrill in some ways; nothing surprising, the movie looks just about as good as it can these days, and there are some elements of surprise. Ben Kingsley (Nizam) looked good, but he could look a bit LESS predictable sometimes... please?
  6. Oct 31, 2010
    a rousing and great adaptation of the video game.

Rating: 86%
  7. Jan 2, 2012
    Gemma Arterton gives a basically annoying and cliche performance, but Jake Gyllenhaal gives a charming and funny performance. The movie is based on a video game so its storyline basically doomed the movie. But Prince of Persia is one of the most entertaining films of the year. I give this movie 31%.
  8. Aug 27, 2010
    I feel like saying 'this movie was adequately entertaining' is like beating a dead Persian horse, but I don't really have much else to say. I guess that's enough for a popcorn flick to merit 3/5 stars, but I only give it 2 1/2 stars because it so obviously channels "Pirates of the Caribbean," right down to Alfred Molina's best impersonation of Jack Sparrow (likely to be one of the weirderI feel like saying 'this movie was adequately entertaining' is like beating a dead Persian horse, but I don't really have much else to say. I guess that's enough for a popcorn flick to merit 3/5 stars, but I only give it 2 1/2 stars because it so obviously channels "Pirates of the Caribbean," right down to Alfred Molina's best impersonation of Jack Sparrow (likely to be one of the weirder things I see in theaters this summer), but never achieves the light-hearted wit that made Pirates so much fun. Expand
  9. Jul 13, 2011
    Having never played any Prince of Persia games, I can't comment on how faithful this movie was to the games. However, as a movie, it was boring and didn't make much sense.
  10. Feb 28, 2013
    Good old fashioned fun. The historical inaccuracies were many but frankly I didn't care about them. I am a fan of the games and am glad they adapted the series for film. It achieved its goal to entertain without being pretentious. I'm guessing they didn't set out to make a critically acclaimed film, so I took it for what it was and enjoyed it.
  11. Sep 25, 2010
    "Its Like Alladin meets The Mummy . this movie has its flaws . at times it take a min to process all that is happening at once .. but this movie was genuine , fun , and humorous. Jake Gyllenhaal was decent as the Prince the action scenes were authentic," ... B
  12. Jun 27, 2011
    I was very pleasantly surprised by this film. I've never seen a good film that was originally a game, so this was rather shocking to be honest. Visually it was rather well done, especially the production design and the visual effects were rather good. The overall story was not ingenious, but it was rather entertaining and there were no dull moments in the film. Being a Disney film, it didI was very pleasantly surprised by this film. I've never seen a good film that was originally a game, so this was rather shocking to be honest. Visually it was rather well done, especially the production design and the visual effects were rather good. The overall story was not ingenious, but it was rather entertaining and there were no dull moments in the film. Being a Disney film, it did have the typical happy-ending, and some rather cliched cinematography (was too many slow motion scenes), but overall the film definitely was worth the watch. It's been a while since epic fantasies like this have hit the cinemas and were actually good. The last one, actually, could be the Lord of the Rings... which is sad. So, "Prince of Persia" most certainly is a well-needed and welcomed addition to the genre! Fun and entertaining - everything it ever really yearned to be. Expand
  13. Mar 11, 2011
    Truly appalling. This movie cost 150 million dollars. What was that money spent on ? The actors sounded like they were rehearsing a play. The entire script had no coherence whatsoever.
    After watching this flick for only five minutes, I knew this would be bad. I had no idea how bad. It sucks the energy right out of you, and makes you cringe.
  14. Jan 11, 2011
    Our hero named Prince Dastan (also means â
  15. Sep 14, 2010
    The movie is stupid,but it's a harmless fun video game film. Jake Gyllenhaal was alright to play as a main character as Dastan. Gemma Arterton was very good as Princess Tamina and DAMN she's is so hot to play as a hot sexiest princess. The characters are okay,but too much over the top! But the action scenes were pretty good and I give credit for the visual effects and it has prettyThe movie is stupid,but it's a harmless fun video game film. Jake Gyllenhaal was alright to play as a main character as Dastan. Gemma Arterton was very good as Princess Tamina and DAMN she's is so hot to play as a hot sexiest princess. The characters are okay,but too much over the top! But the action scenes were pretty good and I give credit for the visual effects and it has pretty locations around in every scene. But the story is pretty stupid and it does suck,not much as Mortal Kombat and Tomb Raider. It's not as good as the other Prince of Persia games that are based on. But my major problem is that who ever thought that Disney would make this so violent will be as cool as this. Like showing violence,killing with lots of blood,and many more to come. It's a shame,because no studio for Disney would make a violent game like that and the fans will be disappointment about this,it should be a different studio than this. But Prince of Persia is okay and little good for the video game adaptation,more than other video game films that are SUCKED so bad! Very entertaining,but nothing special. Expand
  16. Mar 27, 2013
    Great acting and actions, entertaining twists throughout the movie. Near the end, the details were a bit fuzzy, but that is my only concern, Jake Gyllenhaal and Gemma Arterton have great chemistry.
  17. Apr 13, 2013
    i don't understand why everyone is being obnoxious about this it's a great movie great story line great performances i mean yeah it's not an epic movie like troy but who cares it's a movie based on a video game it was a surprise that it came that way Jake Gyllenhaal did a spectacular performance and the movie is fun fast and memorable a solid 7 out of 10 is perfect for this movie.
  18. Sep 21, 2011
    This movie had great costume and scenery. I really enjoyed watching the movie and it reminded me of Aladdin with the kid in the beginning stealing and then running. Later it reminded me of Sinbad with the sword. I liked how they portrayed the dervishes and their ritualism as something dark and magical being a fan of Sufism.
  19. Jan 6, 2013
    A movie that fales to even capture my interest with the running shots and then we go to a love story that doesn't have any development and leads to just a load of crap.
  20. Jun 10, 2012
    The first thing you have to understand about this film is that it is based on a game. Once you realize that, the experience becomes a lot more enjoyable.
  21. Jun 12, 2011
    This movie was far better then I thought it would be. As far as video game movies go this one is bar far the best of the bunch. This movie has a solid plot and solid acting. The pacing of the plot was very well timed lasting long enough to keep you interested and into it but never going on for to long. Are there some cheesy moments? Of course there are, there are lines that are laughableThis movie was far better then I thought it would be. As far as video game movies go this one is bar far the best of the bunch. This movie has a solid plot and solid acting. The pacing of the plot was very well timed lasting long enough to keep you interested and into it but never going on for to long. Are there some cheesy moments? Of course there are, there are lines that are laughable and some scenes that are just doofy, but the movie keeps you entertained and thats overall the most important thing. If you come into this movie expecting the next cinema classic then you will be disappointed but if you are expecting an entertaining action movie then you will be happy you checked it out. Expand
  22. Aug 11, 2010
    Long ago in the mystical land of Persia there is a story told of a man, a man who is said to be destined to be a hero, a man would save his kingdom from an evil underhanded force that threatens to undone all that is good. This man is destined to become royalty but he is not born of royal blood this man is destined to become a hero. A hero known as The Prince of Persia "Prince of Persia:Long ago in the mystical land of Persia there is a story told of a man, a man who is said to be destined to be a hero, a man would save his kingdom from an evil underhanded force that threatens to undone all that is good. This man is destined to become royalty but he is not born of royal blood this man is destined to become a hero. A hero known as The Prince of Persia "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time" is a visually stunning and grand special effects extravaganza that is based off the ultra-mega popular "Prince of Persia" video-game franchise that stretches over 21 years. However, it lacks the cohesive narrative and deep well thought out story that made the 2003 remake of the 1989 classic "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time" (the game for which this film is based upon) the phenomenal video game that it was. But do not be despaired Mike Newell's "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time" does have one thing going for it is fun and has some great action sequences coupled with mild special effects. Sad to say, that is all this film has going for it as the well thought story and decent plot are buried beneath the sands of CGI overload and any chances of this film succeeding as well. Director Mike Newell(Four weddings and a Funeral, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Donnie Brasco, Pushing Tin and Mona Lisa Smile) is a director I do not have very much respect for now don't get me wrong he has made some exceptional films(Donnie Brasco, Four Weddings and a Funeral and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire). Moreover, some not so exceptional films (Pushing Tin and Mona Lisa Smile) with "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Timeâ Expand
  23. Dec 8, 2010
    this movie was okay. Disney did a fine job with this movie. In played the game and didn't like it, but the movie is good unlike the game. They did a fine job with the writing for this movie and picking the cast for this movie. I think all the cast fits their character. Good movie to have on blu ray and dvd. This movie did get boring on a lot of parts but i manage to stay up and finish this movie.
  24. May 24, 2015
    The only game of this I've played is the first few hours of the 2008 Prince of Persia, and I didn't care for it. However, this movie is based on a different game (although probably rather loosely). I enjoyed it as an action movie, with well-made fight scenes. The mediocre metacritic score is probably due to them judging the plot too harshly, which I'll admit could be improved on but isThe only game of this I've played is the first few hours of the 2008 Prince of Persia, and I didn't care for it. However, this movie is based on a different game (although probably rather loosely). I enjoyed it as an action movie, with well-made fight scenes. The mediocre metacritic score is probably due to them judging the plot too harshly, which I'll admit could be improved on but is still pretty decent. I think the user score is much more accurate of the quality of this movie, though. It's worth watching once (if not twice) for its action scenes and its story and characters are pretty decent, too. Don't avoid it just because it's a "game movie". Expand
  25. Mar 2, 2014
    Surprisingly good. Except one thing I think they messed up on which they really shouldn't had is the clothes that the prince wears. He's wearing Warrior Within clothing, not sands of time. But whatever.

Now obviously when it goes from video game to film 99% of the time it goes horribly wrong. But despite the film not being 100% based on the video game it did do a pretty good job. I wish they portrayed it more like in the video game but at the same time you have to make it entertaining for those who haven't watched it.

Besides those few things that bored me this isn't actually a bad film at all...
  26. Jul 22, 2011
    This is one of my favorite movies of 2010. I don't understand the negative reviews by critics. Loved the two lead characters and Jake Gyllenhaal once again demonstrated his versatility as an actor.
  27. May 29, 2011
    good video game adaptation. the movie was technically good. visually stunning. but the story and narrative failed to an extent. action scenes are quick and interesting to watch. since it lacks a gripping screenplay, movie gets a ok mark
  28. Nov 23, 2010
    Seeing as this is based on a video game, it fares a bit better than the others. Where it gets only average is the entire film seems like homage to other movies. A dramatic landscape here, ninjas here, two eventual love interests being rude to each other, or a dark menacing bad guy/traitor shot here...it all feels so bland, with only a few visual pick me ups.
  29. Aug 23, 2010
    I didn't expect anything more than a simple "popcorn" movie to begin with, but as it went on i realized that even low expectations were to much. The movie doesn't bring anything new to table, it's just the common "hero type" movie with tuns of action. The characters are poorly developed and the lines are simple, childish. Probably if you're under 12 you'll love this movie, otherwise, iI didn't expect anything more than a simple "popcorn" movie to begin with, but as it went on i realized that even low expectations were to much. The movie doesn't bring anything new to table, it's just the common "hero type" movie with tuns of action. The characters are poorly developed and the lines are simple, childish. Probably if you're under 12 you'll love this movie, otherwise, i doubt you'll enjoy it. Expand
  30. Nov 10, 2010
    I think the trailer for this film made it look a lot sicker than it really was. Thought it could've been better and I was expecting a bit more but overall I'd say it was still a pretty decent flick.
  31. Feb 2, 2011
    After contemplating today on how I had to sit through this film twice, I knew I had to give my take on the attempt at entertainment. Was it a terrible movie? By no means. Was it good? Absolutely not. It runs it's course being so bland and predictable, it will satisfy the simplest viewers and the simplest viewers only. Everything about the film is obvious: The ending, the romance, theAfter contemplating today on how I had to sit through this film twice, I knew I had to give my take on the attempt at entertainment. Was it a terrible movie? By no means. Was it good? Absolutely not. It runs it's course being so bland and predictable, it will satisfy the simplest viewers and the simplest viewers only. Everything about the film is obvious: The ending, the romance, the "hidden" bad guy. In the end, "Prince of Persia" ends up being a B-version "Pirates of the Caribbean". Expand
  32. Aug 19, 2010
    I guess the script looks something like this;
    BOOM! (Something explodes),
    "Aaaaaaaaaaaagh!"
    BAM, BAM, BAM (Something fires),
    "Whaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!"
    CREAK ... CREAK ... CRACK!!! (Something breaks),
    "Yaaaaaaaaaaaa"
    Continue in this vein for the duration of the movie. If you enjoy noisy, pointless movies, look no further.
  33. Nov 30, 2010
    This movie was very interesting even though the main idea came from a video game (a very successful VG.) I thought that Disney did a good job on graphics and music but still seemed a little cartoonish. Some parts more than few hooked you into the movie. It made you wonder and believe the movie was happening like your there.
  34. Jun 13, 2013
    I really enjoy these types of movies. At their heart movies such as Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time are supposed to be fun and adventure filled escapist entertainment. This is where the movie succeeds. First of all the movie is a visual palette of wondrous colors, scenery, architecture, costumes and characters that transports the viewer to another place and time. Secondly the story hasI really enjoy these types of movies. At their heart movies such as Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time are supposed to be fun and adventure filled escapist entertainment. This is where the movie succeeds. First of all the movie is a visual palette of wondrous colors, scenery, architecture, costumes and characters that transports the viewer to another place and time. Secondly the story has all the right elements from heroism, bravery, treachery, betrayal, familial love and loyalty along with romance and laughter. Thirdly the story is epic in scope but intimate in its execution.

Based on a video game, which I have never seen, the story follows the adventure of Dastan a Prince of Persia, splendidly portrayed by Jake Gyllenhaal, who had been adopted by the king as a peasant living in poverty on the streets. Raised along with his adopted brothers Dastan leads his brothers and their armies to capture the city of Alamut where he meets the city's beautiful princess Tamina, portrayed by the enchanting and stunning, Gemma Arterton, and he comes in possession of a mysterious dagger with time traveling abilities. That is the gist of the story and I will not go into great detail on the finer points of the story.

The movie is a fantasy and it is fun and enjoyable. If you enjoy fun, adventure filled fantasy epics the Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is a great popcorn munching movie to escape into for a while. It will be time well spent.
  35. Apr 10, 2013
    A very good adventure movie set in the middle east. There are good mixtures of action and comedy scenes in the movie. The main actor/character was pretty good although didn't see him do those cool wall running, etc like in the video games. And not many boss fights...disappointing. And no going through traps and pitfalls like it should be. But the movie is interesting and entertaining toA very good adventure movie set in the middle east. There are good mixtures of action and comedy scenes in the movie. The main actor/character was pretty good although didn't see him do those cool wall running, etc like in the video games. And not many boss fights...disappointing. And no going through traps and pitfalls like it should be. But the movie is interesting and entertaining to keep me watching. The main badguy was actually pretty good with a nice storyline. the girl was also pretty good, although I wanted to see her in action as well. In the end, its a good guy movie with them always coming out on top. No problem with that, but it just happend too easy? Expand
  36. Mar 15, 2015
    The best, an possibly the only good video game movie adaptation. It manages to make a coherent plot and characters that are worth caring about. The dialogue is poor in scenes but this is worth the watch.
  37. Sep 16, 2010
    Prince of Persia is a game-to-film movie. Usually this strikes fear into filmgoers and gamers alike, and every film that's come under this moniker has failed miserably, with the arguable exception of Tomb Raider and even more arguable exception of Silent Hill. Surprisingly PoP turns out to be a thoroughly entertaining and a genuinely good movie. The acting, special effects and story arePrince of Persia is a game-to-film movie. Usually this strikes fear into filmgoers and gamers alike, and every film that's come under this moniker has failed miserably, with the arguable exception of Tomb Raider and even more arguable exception of Silent Hill. Surprisingly PoP turns out to be a thoroughly entertaining and a genuinely good movie. The acting, special effects and story are all good, with minor instances where each falls flat. The ending isn't as good as that of the game's (I would have likely raised the score if they had just copied that ending exactly) but as a game-films go, Prince of Persia is without doubt the most successful entry since Ms. Croft graced our screens all those years ago. Expand
  38. Mar 7, 2012
    I watched the movie and I was surprised but how good it was. Usually "the movie of the game" tends to be... well, bad. This, on the other hand was very funny to watch, the story was intruguing even though the villain could not be more blatant. Main character is engaging, seriously, who doesn't like Jake Gyllenhaal (hope it is spelled that way). I really don't understand why this movieI watched the movie and I was surprised but how good it was. Usually "the movie of the game" tends to be... well, bad. This, on the other hand was very funny to watch, the story was intruguing even though the villain could not be more blatant. Main character is engaging, seriously, who doesn't like Jake Gyllenhaal (hope it is spelled that way). I really don't understand why this movie gets so much hate. Expand
  39. Nov 15, 2010
    I could not care less about the game franchise, and I'm becoming decrepit with age and increasingly impatient with computer-effect-filled movies. But this I found quite engaging. It's a fun story, told reasonably effectively.
  40. Sep 29, 2010
    Prince of Persia was decent, but only decent. It had more cheesy parts than memorable, awesome parts. Jake Gyllenhaal wasn't too bad as Prince Dastan, an adopted member of the royal family of Persia who stumbles upon a mysterious dagger which contains the amazing ability to rewind time when fueled with the great sands of time (which the origin of is never clearly explained). While thePrince of Persia was decent, but only decent. It had more cheesy parts than memorable, awesome parts. Jake Gyllenhaal wasn't too bad as Prince Dastan, an adopted member of the royal family of Persia who stumbles upon a mysterious dagger which contains the amazing ability to rewind time when fueled with the great sands of time (which the origin of is never clearly explained). While the movie sells itself solely on the Disney, Jerry Bruckheimer, Pirates of the Caribbean producers, it fails to live up to any of the "Pirates" films. The adventure wasn't too bad, but unbelievable sets, cheesy accents and dialogs and ridiculous costumes tend to drag the audience into self questioning "Am i an idiot for watching this?". Well, you wouldn't exactly be classified as an idiot since this is a wedge (and that is definitely a cheese wedge) of fiction, but i just have to know, do these writers honestly think we are going to keep buying this crap? As for the movie itself, the acting was okay. Alfred Molina sort of did a really pathetic job to say the least, Gyllenhaal did what he could for the thin, video game based role which sadly doesn't cross the 'memorable' bridge. I never really played too many of the Prince of Persia video games. I did play the original and it always just kind of seemed like a satire of Persian adventure which is what the movie is in its entirety but to me it just had too much of that stupid, family oriented, Disney ride kind of adventure, much like "Sorcerers Apprentice" which is a Disney stink gem as well. I guess Prince of Persia was decent for what it was, but just decent. Expand
  41. Sep 25, 2010
    Easily my favourite game-to-movie adaptation, and probably one of the best, The Sands of Time is a fun action flick, that while slightly Pirates of the Caribbean-esque, TSOT is an extremely enjoyable film and Jake Gyllenhaal plays the role of the previously unnamed Prince, Dastan. As for the rest of the acting, it is quite reasonable and is a very enjoyable film.
    If you haven't seen it, go
    If you haven't seen it, go out and buy it.
    Now.
  42. Sep 25, 2010
    With the big budget that it had i believed that it would be a great film....i was wrong. I give that vote for the stupid use of the budget, the banal recitation and the end, banaler than the history.
  43. Sep 15, 2010
    I was pleasantly surprised. Good, fable flavored story, good values (family, courage, etc). The direction and action scenes are not the best, but they were good enough to carry the story and I did not feel like they got in the way. Overall an enjoyable movie.
  44. Dec 8, 2011
    This was a movie i think that a lot of people were skeptic about and so they failed to keep an open mind. The result was bad ratings. This movie is a feel good movie with plenty of action along the way. although a little cheesy if your a james bond fan give it a whirl because a good friend of mind who is a james bond fanatic and a movie connoiseur watched out of my recomondation and loved.This was a movie i think that a lot of people were skeptic about and so they failed to keep an open mind. The result was bad ratings. This movie is a feel good movie with plenty of action along the way. although a little cheesy if your a james bond fan give it a whirl because a good friend of mind who is a james bond fanatic and a movie connoiseur watched out of my recomondation and loved. a movie with LOTS of parcour and action as well as enough twists and turns to keep you on the edge of your seat once this movie starts rolling. Just dont assume the bad guy ;). Expand
  45. Jan 17, 2012
    I simply like this film. Nice story and very nice FX. I like this ancient historical stuffs. And I was stunning over acting of the Jake Gyllenhaal. I simply put the 10 on this film.
  46. Nov 15, 2012
    The game is cheesy, but to be honest I was expecting far far worse. The main actor for this did actually do a decent job with the prince because in the actual game the prince is kind of a wise guy. The game doesn't follow the game perfectly but since it's a Disney movie I can understand why, I guess undead sand demons don't fly in Disney world (yet they had undead pirates in the firstThe game is cheesy, but to be honest I was expecting far far worse. The main actor for this did actually do a decent job with the prince because in the actual game the prince is kind of a wise guy. The game doesn't follow the game perfectly but since it's a Disney movie I can understand why, I guess undead sand demons don't fly in Disney world (yet they had undead pirates in the first Pirates of the Carribean movie....). Cheesy but surprisingly entertaining. Expand
  47. Mar 27, 2013
    They destroyed my favourite game. They could at least pass over the superb atmosphere from the game to the film, thing that they didn't do. You dissapoint me disney, you had a very big budget but didn't use it to your advantage.
  48. Nov 30, 2013
    A terrible video game movie that stands on top of a heap of bad video game movies, vying for Prince of the Mountain.

The only things about this movie that are decent, are the visuals and the action. Past that, it's nothing but a hurricane of the worst Hollywood cliches, forced romance between two irritating characters, and a story that is a shadow of what was presented in the video game series.

Play any of the Prince of Persia games for a better experience, even the original 2D side scrollers.
  49. Dec 23, 2014
    I must of saw this movie over 100 times and each time I can pick out something new. This movie reminds me of my second marriage which I'm still living. I am separated from my wife, however I still feel like I'm fighting a battle to get back to her. Similarly, just like in the movie when the prince falls in love with the princess.

It's clear that they fall in love early in the movie

It's clear that they fall in love early in the movie when the prince captures the dagger. Throughout the entire movie the prince and princess get to know each other better and better. The turning point is finally when the princess becomes totally honest with the prince.

A true heart filling love story at its best, a man fighting to expose the truth to save the Holy City. The deep message is trust no one, except what your heart tells you. Basically, in life, don't listen to others that have no clue about all the facts. The fact of this movie is that true love will prevail over any adverse situation.

Gemma played the most beautiful princess that I've seen. Her sexiness and strong will to survive really hit a home run with me. Jake was superb in protecting all of his true loved ones even though he was an orphan boy and had no real family.

A sequel to this movie should be made, I would love nothing more than to see the prince and princess be married and raise their own family.
  50. johns
    Jun 1, 2010
    This movie was boring and longer than it needed to be. I like jerry b movies but this one was over done. The acting was weak. The action was weak and the chi was circa 2000. I love simple movies but this one was not all that. i am sure it will do well with the intended demographic. I was not impressed it was like a ton of other flicks all wrapped up in one. I see that few reviewers ranked This movie was boring and longer than it needed to be. I like jerry b movies but this one was over done. The acting was weak. The action was weak and the chi was circa 2000. I love simple movies but this one was not all that. i am sure it will do well with the intended demographic. I was not impressed it was like a ton of other flicks all wrapped up in one. I see that few reviewers ranked it at about an 8 but 4 is were it ranks with me. Expand
  51. SamuelM
    Jun 4, 2010
    Went to see this with a group of sceptical friends, by the end they all agreed that the movie was worth our time. The action sequences are perfectly played out and the story is told so well you can follow it with ease. Here's hoping for a sequel!
  52. KC
    May 28, 2010
    Best video game movie yet, and a good stand-alone for those who don't play video games. I'm guessing the critics are giving it bad reviews because they didn't understand the story, and I'm also guessing it's maybe because they went in with their minds made up already, saying that "video game movies can't be good". I understood the plot just fine, and I was Best video game movie yet, and a good stand-alone for those who don't play video games. I'm guessing the critics are giving it bad reviews because they didn't understand the story, and I'm also guessing it's maybe because they went in with their minds made up already, saying that "video game movies can't be good". I understood the plot just fine, and I was entertained for the two hours. What else do the critics want? They raise the bar too high sometimes, like with Iron Man 2. If you want to be entertained, see this movie, simple as that. Expand
  53. RizwanK.
    May 30, 2010
    After seeing the reviews i went with low expectation..but wait it delivered much more than what it said about it visuals were awesome as well as action.gemma was beautiful as princess and hasanssins were really nice element..to sum up it was a wonderful experience....i would recommend it!!!
  54. MelissaE
    May 30, 2010
    Sort of Lord of the Rings/Clash of the Titans/Indiana Jones. Very fun and entertaining. Yeah, there were some moments that were a little far fetched, but I definitely enjoyed myself!
  55. obe
    May 30, 2010
    A fun, light, very enjoyable popcorn movie.
  56. jayr.
    Jun 1, 2010
    Yes this is Prince of Persia for me. watched it yesterday and it deklivered more than what i expected. would go to watch it again next week if i have a chance.it was among the most entertaining films of the hears.thanks to the collaberation of jerry buchemer, disney & mike newell...and also the parkour originator david belle.
  57. SabariN.
    May 28, 2010
    This is really a cool exciting action packed film with a little essence of romance and humour. unlike the rest of game-converted films, POP SOT promises to be a real treat for all kinds of audiences especially the game lovers. modified script which is different from the game really enhanced the characters charisma. infact the movie is a perfect summer treat, and iam really looking forward This is really a cool exciting action packed film with a little essence of romance and humour. unlike the rest of game-converted films, POP SOT promises to be a real treat for all kinds of audiences especially the game lovers. modified script which is different from the game really enhanced the characters charisma. infact the movie is a perfect summer treat, and iam really looking forward for the sequel to be released soon. Expand
  58. rogera
    May 29, 2010
    It seems a much more promising movies than what critics are saying about it. people please go and watch and you will realize this fact yourself!
  59. PhilippeK
    May 29, 2010
    Light entertainment but well done. Satisfied my expectations with lots of action, great pictures, oriental flair and beauty and a breeze of erotic. Nice movie absolutely worth watching. P.S.: Forget the critics - like very often they dont have a clue
  60. NabeelA
    May 31, 2010
    Yea its not based on any one particular PoP game. Which is a good thing because they could have ruined it, what they kept true to PoP was the identity and personality and character of the prince. The action kept getting crazier and crazier as it went on...to not like this movie would be bad.
  61. AleksisA.
    May 31, 2010
    Very good movie and straight movie despite it's based on classic VG. The story is solid although it has some differences from VG storyline. Just watch this title without any connection with game and it'll made very good impression on you and could just entertain you.
  62. chenry
    May 31, 2010
    I really wish I had some of my own Sands of Time so I could go back and avoid having to watch this movie. Lousy dialog, uninteresting story, boring characters, and pointless action sequences. Ben Kingsley delivers another paycheck performance. Everyone else seems bored or confused about what they're actually supposed to be doing in the movie.
  63. ColinP.
    May 30, 2010
    Very very disappointing. The editing is especially bad, but there really is nothing good to say about this steaming heap.
  64. NicoleF
    Jun 10, 2010
    Well! I thought it was awesome. I agree that there were some pretty cheesy lines, Jake Gyllenhaal didn't quite capture the aggressive Prince I remember from the games--but I think it was more due to poor directing than anything. Also, there was huge editing problems, and Dastan figured things out very quickly. Yet, I absolutely loved it. I found the action and adventure scenes Well! I thought it was awesome. I agree that there were some pretty cheesy lines, Jake Gyllenhaal didn't quite capture the aggressive Prince I remember from the games--but I think it was more due to poor directing than anything. Also, there was huge editing problems, and Dastan figured things out very quickly. Yet, I absolutely loved it. I found the action and adventure scenes awesome,a and the overall visual impression was also awesome. To me, I loved it. I'm biased though, I was going to love it no matter what. Expand
  65. EggyG.
    Jun 11, 2010
    Very entertaining and well polished....one of the better video game based movie. The story was dead simple but the cast, action and fx are great.
  66. LeonS
    Jun 12, 2010
    I loved the film, because it had an interesting plot that was very entertaining from the beginning to the end. And of course because it's story is amazingly from a top notch video game. The actors were great, even surprisingly good! The chemistry between Jake Gyllenhaal (Prince Dastan) and Emma Arterton (Princess Tamina) was lovely!
  67. DarinA
    Jun 13, 2010
    solid summer movie, kept my interest throughout the entire movie.
  68. CliffB
    Jun 15, 2010
    Manatees wrote the script. They got some stuff right, but overall it was a formula for disappointment. It gets a 5 for being average; nothing was great but nothing was too horrible either. Better than Clash of The Titans, however.
  69. CodyF.
    Jun 15, 2010
    Its faithful enough for the fans of the game to enjoy, but also fast paced which makes it a great family movie too. great special effects too.
  70. ChadS
    Jun 2, 2010
    Camel beats horse, that exalted emblem of the old west, in Sam Peckinpah's "Ride the High Country", because by the early-sixties, the cowboy was in transition, as the western genre was starting to demythologize itself. A tamed frontier, the end-result of a successful Indian genocide, had rendered the cowboy useless, like the horse, suffering the ignominy of losing to a foreign Camel beats horse, that exalted emblem of the old west, in Sam Peckinpah's "Ride the High Country", because by the early-sixties, the cowboy was in transition, as the western genre was starting to demythologize itself. A tamed frontier, the end-result of a successful Indian genocide, had rendered the cowboy useless, like the horse, suffering the ignominy of losing to a foreign mammal, and replaced by the motor car; the cowboy is reduced to security detail, in which two aging lawmen are hired to safeguard the gold from a mining camp. "Ride the High Country" marked the beginning of an era, the era of industrialization. Ostrich beats horse in "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time", by which the flightless birds owned by Shiek Amar(Alfred Molina), a cowboy of sorts, are utilized for races, stealing the spotlight from cowboy's best friend in a usurpation which indicates the epoch that this reinvented western belongs to. The horse is humiliated; the mighty horse supplanted, dislocated from its rightful arena within the context of a diegesis predicated on the video game, and not for the first time. "Joust" was a coin-operated arcade game created by John Newcomer, in which knights, armed with lances, battled each other on ostriches with nary a horse in sight. Similar to the Peckinpah classic and Williams Electronics video game, the equine beast plays second fiddle to a lesser animal that is not indigenous to the western genre, especially in the scene where Amar, fearing that his entire flock of birds are lost, tenderly strokes a recovered ostrich's neck, which demonstrates the iron-clad bond previously reserved for man and horse. Whereas "Ride the High Country" demystified the western, "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time" debunks the traditional filmic arts, since myths now derive, more often than not, from pixels. Expand
  71. alexs
    Jun 2, 2010
    The only movie ever where I actually thought about going to the cinema a second time. It has such a great feel to it. Yes it has a lot of plot nonsense and some cliched camera rotations and characters. But unlike in other movies it never felt off - or even annoying. It has great and likable characters (not many movies have both) and awesome scenery and music.
  72. guliranos
    Jun 3, 2010
    I was not surprised about critics review. I do not understand them, why should it matter, who plays which roles, as long as we-audience entertained. It is very good movie, not boring at all, story was moving pretty fast, great actors, amasing stunts, costumes, lots of, lots of things to watch. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
  73. KenB
    Jun 3, 2010
    Pretty good movie. Let me first say I never played the video games so I had no expectations except to say I wasn't expecting "Gone with the Wind". Good action and stunts, but not Amazingly strung together. Most directors are not great at making action scene's tense, and this director is no different. However they are good. Plot is engaging, acting is good, and the moral of the Pretty good movie. Let me first say I never played the video games so I had no expectations except to say I wasn't expecting "Gone with the Wind". Good action and stunts, but not Amazingly strung together. Most directors are not great at making action scene's tense, and this director is no different. However they are good. Plot is engaging, acting is good, and the moral of the story, whether it be Weapons of Medieval Destruction or family is the most important treasure, was good. I think I'll enjoy this movie more the next time I watch it. Go see it. Great popcorn flick. Expand
  74. ObservantSkeptic
    Jun 3, 2010
    I was entertained. I'm the first one to say I hate Bruckhiemer produced films. The CGI is usually overdone. This time although a little more CGI than I like. The film was very well done and the story was well though out. Very good cast. I was shocked that a movie based on a video game could be well made.
  75. BarryG
    Jun 3, 2010
    That anyone could describe this movie as having "great acting" is just ridiculous. The prince couldn't decide whether he was British or American. Parts of the story didn't make any sense at all. Acting and script was terrible all round. Bad editing. Basically, just a stinking pile of crap.
  76. LucasL
    Jun 4, 2010
    Could be better, but it was sure a good adventure.
  77. sunnyDay
    Jun 6, 2010
    This was an entertaining throwback fun, action, romance and comedy movie. The critics are jaded. Vote with your feet, go see the movie!
  78. GreyR
    Jun 8, 2010
    This film is owesome, but if there is a acrobatic attack againt multiple enemy like in videogame, this movie is gonna be much much better.
  79. MichaelP
    Jun 8, 2010
    Been waiting for two years for this movie to come out, unfortunately after seeing the trailers I was expecting a disappointment with this adaptation. however it didn't turn out to be as bad as I thought. Although it did not have the charm of the original game and the action was linear chaos at best, it was an actually entertaining summer movie.
  80. PedramE.
    May 28, 2010
    A very fun and entertaining movie. Much better than the trailers would lead you to believe.
  81. BayneE.
    May 28, 2010
    This is a movie based on a well loved video game series. This is a movie that has its roots in fantasy and is not intended to be a historical documentary. Critics who complain about historical accuracy fail to see the point of this movie and are likely people I would never want to hang out with because they are too stuffy for their own good. Be gone with you snob reviewer from the new york times!
  82. RichardC.
    May 28, 2010
    Just saw it it was much better than i thought it would be Definately recommend it !!!
  83. MichaelU
    May 28, 2010
    I am a huge fan of the video games, so naturally I went to see the movie. I came in with middling expectations, but was pleasantly surprised in the end. Some fun action scenes, and a well thought-out story that's more engaging and emotional than you might think. Alfred Molina gets some great laughs and two leads have good chemistry. Ben Kingsly as the villain is also pretty good. I am a huge fan of the video games, so naturally I went to see the movie. I came in with middling expectations, but was pleasantly surprised in the end. Some fun action scenes, and a well thought-out story that's more engaging and emotional than you might think. Alfred Molina gets some great laughs and two leads have good chemistry. Ben Kingsly as the villain is also pretty good. There's also some great scenery and although it drags a bit in the beginning, the rest of the film is well paced. Definitely recommended if you're a fan or just want something fun to see this weekend. Go in with slightly forgiving expectations and you'll be quite pleased. Expand
  84. Trevor
    May 28, 2010
    I'd have to say it's worth the price of admission. Most of the professional reviews are spot on. The action is great, and the plot is decent enough, but there just seems something dead about some of it. They started a solid foundation, and I'm looking forward to what the franchise is going to offer in the future.
  85. ArtusP
    May 28, 2010
    This dicrepancy between what the critics and regular movie goers say should be telling enough for those who still hasitate whether to see it or not. The fight sequencies could be less chaotic, I agree, but all the rest is pure joy to watch. Light entertainment at its best. Definitely a better adventure movie than the last Indy for example. Its not often that both my girlfriend and I leave This dicrepancy between what the critics and regular movie goers say should be telling enough for those who still hasitate whether to see it or not. The fight sequencies could be less chaotic, I agree, but all the rest is pure joy to watch. Light entertainment at its best. Definitely a better adventure movie than the last Indy for example. Its not often that both my girlfriend and I leave a movie theater in full agreement and with big smiles on our faces. Money well spent. I plan to get a DVD or BlueRay for my collection. Expand
  86. MoritzK.
    May 28, 2010
    Over here in good old Germany that movie is already running for more then a week. Well, even though I'm normally more into more demanding kinds of movies, I nethertheless chose to give the prince a try. And, guess what: It turned out to be one awesome cinema experience. Though most dialogs were quite plain and some coincidences overly silly, everything remaining was really really Over here in good old Germany that movie is already running for more then a week. Well, even though I'm normally more into more demanding kinds of movies, I nethertheless chose to give the prince a try. And, guess what: It turned out to be one awesome cinema experience. Though most dialogs were quite plain and some coincidences overly silly, everything remaining was really really fun: Likable and interesting characters, a not too predictable, but nice storyline, awesome visual effects and foremost: The enourmous style and magic the beautiful scenario of ancient Persia exudes. I can recommend the prince to everyone who just looks for fun, feelings and great pictures in a movie. Expand
  87. DavidL
    May 29, 2010
    A good action movie. Very entertaining.
  88. RonR.
    May 29, 2010
    Simply horrible. I am not a fanboy of dissing movies...I wanted to love this movie based on the idea that I grew up with the franchise, love popcorn movies, and needed time away from the teenagers; but, man, oh, man...garbage.
  89. JennyG
    May 29, 2010
    The best movie of the year so far. It was even more entertaining than How To Train Your Dragon. I was amazed by how great the acting was and how interesting and surprisingly unpredictable the story was. A+
  90. GaborV
    May 29, 2010
    The most fantastic video-game adaptation to date - and stands alone as an epic tail by itself - although maybe enjoyable more by fans like myself than other audiences, it captured the most important key and story elements from the game and used them in a superb way of creating a new story in a familiar universe - and my girlfriend loved it too!
  91. FarhanH
    May 29, 2010
    Not perfect, but not a bad movie either. This movie does what movies are meant to do - entertain the audience. It's definately worth the money to see in the theater and to own. The entire movie is a solid A in my book, i was very pleased. I see this being a successful franchise for Disney if they learn from the small mistakes they made with this film.
  92. LB
    May 31, 2010
    Took the boys to see "Prince of Persia" a movie based on a once popular video game about a prince who can scale walls and, with the help of his magic dagger, could turn back time! I wish I had a dagger like that, I'd turn back time to the point when I bought the movie tickets! The movie was a heaping vat of suckage! Th...e boys and I could not contain our laughter!
  93. kgm
    May 31, 2010
    Basically the same sort of storyline we
  94. HobaRTS
    May 31, 2010
    Indiana Jones with a political message. Where are the weapons of mass destruction? Ben Kingsley as VP Dick Cheney.
  95. Kirsten
    Fun summer movie.
  96. Vladislav
    May 31, 2010
    You must be kidding me, this film fraking rocked! I am a fan of the prince of persia sands of time game and I was expecting this film to fail hard, though i still had high hopes for it. Shockingly enough - it delivered. Maybe you really need to already be a fan though to appreciate all the details in the film that allude to the game, like the new area zoom in sequence. And the bickering You must be kidding me, this film fraking rocked! I am a fan of the prince of persia sands of time game and I was expecting this film to fail hard, though i still had high hopes for it. Shockingly enough - it delivered. Maybe you really need to already be a fan though to appreciate all the details in the film that allude to the game, like the new area zoom in sequence. And the bickering between the prince and his love interest was spot on. I don't even see why everyone has such an issue with the story. At their core most stories are just rehashed old things. What makes something impressive, fun, or entertaining is how this story is told, and I felt captivated by this film. Its not without faults, I noticed one scene looked like I was looking at a movie set, not an ancient castle battlement, but it was just one moment. All that I can definitively leave you with is what actually happens, everything else is just words. I was very please with the film and am looking forward to the bluray release of it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Expand
  97. TahaA.
    May 31, 2010
    Editing! Editing! They got it completely wrong. It was as if they needed to cut the movie by half an hour to get it under two hours, and it shows. You expect more from a $150 mil movie. Plus, Prince Dastan is not only the most acrobatic man in persia but also the most lucky and blessed. In so many sequences he was at peril and at the last moment got magically rescued by his girlfriend or Editing! Editing! They got it completely wrong. It was as if they needed to cut the movie by half an hour to get it under two hours, and it shows. You expect more from a $150 mil movie. Plus, Prince Dastan is not only the most acrobatic man in persia but also the most lucky and blessed. In so many sequences he was at peril and at the last moment got magically rescued by his girlfriend or his brother or so unfortunate shmuck who got in the way of an arrow or snake. Heck, I would not have been surprised if at his wish he had just reached his hand out and said 'soard' and it would have magically appeared out of no where. Complete trash! Expand
  98. toms
    May 30, 2010
    Yes lovely movie just what u was short and sweet entertainment...i loved this flick and would be waiting for sequel NO MATTER WHAT THE CRITICS SAY THIS MOVIE ROCKS.
  99. johnnyr
    May 30, 2010
    Dastan the prince showed great parkour skills, plot was good,although ben kingsley role was short but he made his presence felt and yeah environment were really nice..no wonder that it has a production cost of $200million..alfred molina brought few hilarious moments this is a movie that legends of hollywood would have loved to watch as it has got almost everything which a person goes to Dastan the prince showed great parkour skills, plot was good,although ben kingsley role was short but he made his presence felt and yeah environment were really nice..no wonder that it has a production cost of $200million..alfred molina brought few hilarious moments this is a movie that legends of hollywood would have loved to watch as it has got almost everything which a person goes to watch in a movie. Expand
  100. Colin
    May 30, 2010
    I've been interested in seeing this since i first heard about it. I've never played the first game but i have played the 2nd and 3rd one. But this is an awesome movie! I recommend it.

1. Mixing old-fashioned content and state of the art effects, this Jerry Bruckheimer production trades ‘pirates' for ‘princes' to revive the swashbuckling, sword fighting spirit of the sort Douglas Fairbanks or Errol Flynn specialized.
  2. A handsome, fast-paced and innocuous adventure that's easy to take but lacks epic scale.
  3. Reviewed by: Leslie Felperin
    Bruckheimer's passably enjoyable, antiquity-themed epic should satisfy its young male core demographic well enough, but won't connect with other auds on the level of Bruckheimer's "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise.