7.3

1. HobaRTS
    May 31, 2010
    Indiana Jones with a political message. Where are the weapons of mass destruction? Ben Kingsley as VP Dick Cheney.
  2. Kirsten
    Fun summer movie.
  3. Vladislav
    May 31, 2010
    You must be kidding me, this film fraking rocked! I am a fan of the prince of persia sands of time game and I was expecting this film to fail hard, though i still had high hopes for it. Shockingly enough - it delivered. Maybe you really need to already be a fan though to appreciate all the details in the film that allude to the game, like the new area zoom in sequence. And the bickering You must be kidding me, this film fraking rocked! I am a fan of the prince of persia sands of time game and I was expecting this film to fail hard, though i still had high hopes for it. Shockingly enough - it delivered. Maybe you really need to already be a fan though to appreciate all the details in the film that allude to the game, like the new area zoom in sequence. And the bickering between the prince and his love interest was spot on. I don't even see why everyone has such an issue with the story. At their core most stories are just rehashed old things. What makes something impressive, fun, or entertaining is how this story is told, and I felt captivated by this film. Its not without faults, I noticed one scene looked like I was looking at a movie set, not an ancient castle battlement, but it was just one moment. All that I can definitively leave you with is what actually happens, everything else is just words. I was very please with the film and am looking forward to the bluray release of it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Expand
  4. TahaA.
    May 31, 2010
    Editing! Editing! They got it completely wrong. It was as if they needed to cut the movie by half an hour to get it under two hours, and it shows. You expect more from a $150 mil movie. Plus, Prince Dastan is not only the most acrobatic man in persia but also the most lucky and blessed. In so many sequences he was at peril and at the last moment got magically rescued by his girlfriend or Editing! Editing! They got it completely wrong. It was as if they needed to cut the movie by half an hour to get it under two hours, and it shows. You expect more from a $150 mil movie. Plus, Prince Dastan is not only the most acrobatic man in persia but also the most lucky and blessed. In so many sequences he was at peril and at the last moment got magically rescued by his girlfriend or his brother or so unfortunate shmuck who got in the way of an arrow or snake. Heck, I would not have been surprised if at his wish he had just reached his hand out and said 'soard' and it would have magically appeared out of no where. Complete trash! Expand
  5. toms
    May 30, 2010
    Yes lovely movie just what u was short and sweet entertainment...i loved this flick and would be waiting for sequel NO MATTER WHAT THE CRITICS SAY THIS MOVIE ROCKS.
  6. johnnyr
    May 30, 2010
    Dastan the prince showed great parkour skills, plot was good,although ben kingsley role was short but he made his presence felt and yeah environment were really nice..no wonder that it has a production cost of $200million..alfred molina brought few hilarious moments this is a movie that legends of hollywood would have loved to watch as it has got almost everything which a person goes to Dastan the prince showed great parkour skills, plot was good,although ben kingsley role was short but he made his presence felt and yeah environment were really nice..no wonder that it has a production cost of $200million..alfred molina brought few hilarious moments this is a movie that legends of hollywood would have loved to watch as it has got almost everything which a person goes to watch in a movie. Expand
  7. Colin
    May 30, 2010
    I've been interested in seeing this since i first heard about it. I've never played the first game but i have played the 2nd and 3rd one. But this is an awesome movie! I recommend it.
  8. pallavs
    May 31, 2010
    Great movie!!!! it was a complete entertainer in itself jake was great apart from his accent but the action scenes he performed were incredible,alfred was funny at times.storyline was fast paced & kept eyes glued to the screen till the last moment...and yeah loved to hear that it topped the box-office of 41 countries out of 47 where it has released.hope it would do the same in us box office.
  9. Greg
    May 30, 2010
    It knows what it is and does it pretty well. It could have used a little more Jake skin though.
  10. TomE
    May 30, 2010
    Meh. Kinda boring. Lots of fighting. Not terrible, but definitely not up to what I would expect for a high-budget Disney block-buster.
  11. GeneR
    May 30, 2010
    Better than the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. The pirates series had long, pointless action sequences that left me muttering for it to get to the point. No such problems /w Prince. Everything in the movie happened for a reason and the story was woven tighter. Only dragged down by some pointless comic relief.
  12. LindaP
    Jun 1, 2010
    Prince of Persia was a very entertaining action story. Had an engaging plot, cool special effects. Jake Gyllenhaal was very good as the hero. [***SPOILER***] Alfred Molina was funny as a bit of a bad guy who turns out to be helpful in safeguarding the ancient dagger that everyone wants.
  13. PeterR
    Jun 1, 2010
    I don't want to give a long review, but it was basically one of those summer action movies like Transformers or something, but here's what makes it great: there's a story and some genuine chuckles you'll get from a few lines. Unlike most action movies, the plot made sense and it stood true to the video game that it was supposed to follow. It's understandable to I don't want to give a long review, but it was basically one of those summer action movies like Transformers or something, but here's what makes it great: there's a story and some genuine chuckles you'll get from a few lines. Unlike most action movies, the plot made sense and it stood true to the video game that it was supposed to follow. It's understandable to see where some people would not share the same experience having not played the games. That's why I urge gamers to check out some of the games first, it will only make the movie more enjoyable. After playing the games, you'll see how they stayed to the formula, only straying away for parts that needed elaborating, by creating the beginning. Expand
  14. lindsays.
    Jun 1, 2010
    This is the movie i was waiting for & it was rightly so....very good movie indeed..wonder why critics are critics r criticizing it when it is one of the most entertaining movie of the year plz guyz dont listen to what other says....go and watch and u ll not regret.
  15. adh
    Jun 10, 2010
    A ok film, not really as great as the games and different to the games plus they removed the weird sand people from the film witch I wanted to see so was disappointed. It was ok but lacked in areas. Was a little bit long and my friend fell asleep a few times. good if you don
  16. rohitt.
    Jun 1, 2010
    That is one of the better movies i have seen recently, thoroughly enjoyable from the starting to the very last moment. would be waiting for sequel.
  17. JamesH.
    Jun 2, 2010
    Not sure why the critics are being unkind to this movie. It is very well made, and entertaining throughout. I put it on par with the first "Mummy" movie, although it lacked that movie's humorous banter between the two leads. Jake Gyllenhaal was a better action star than I thought he would be, the writing was good, and it was well film (other than a few action sequences were edited Not sure why the critics are being unkind to this movie. It is very well made, and entertaining throughout. I put it on par with the first "Mummy" movie, although it lacked that movie's humorous banter between the two leads. Jake Gyllenhaal was a better action star than I thought he would be, the writing was good, and it was well film (other than a few action sequences were edited together in a way it was difficult to tell what was going on). Recommended. Expand
  18. HarryR.
    Jun 2, 2010
    A pretty damn good film throughout. However, there were no moments that hugely stood out and "amazed" me. None the less, an enjoyable movie.
  19. Alex
    Jun 4, 2010
    The movie was a lot of fun, well made, and worth the 8 bucks to see it in theatres - which is more than I can say for a lot of movies. Jake Gyllenhaal was really surprisingly good in his role. I'd much rather see a sequel to this than another boring as hell sequel to Iron Man or Transformers.
  20. GregH
    Jun 5, 2010
    I see that the disturbing trend of the closed-minded moviegoer is still going strong. Too many people are going to a movie with predetermined expectations of what the film is going to be like instead of keeping an open mind while enjoying what the movie has to offer. I've never been one to listen to critics. Far too often they can be very biased in their opinions, leaning toward a I see that the disturbing trend of the closed-minded moviegoer is still going strong. Too many people are going to a movie with predetermined expectations of what the film is going to be like instead of keeping an open mind while enjoying what the movie has to offer. I've never been one to listen to critics. Far too often they can be very biased in their opinions, leaning toward a certain genre or subject. This movie is...wait for it....BASED...on a video game. It never meant to follow the storyline to the letter. It's meant to entertain, while staying true to its source material. This film was extremely enjoyable. Knowing that Jake Gyllenhaal worked hard to learn how to do the stunts, as well as increase his physical build really helped me appreciate the actors' efforts. Having played the video game, I knew how the story would likely unfold. However, regardless of gaming, this movie stands well on its own as an entertaining feature film. I look forward to a sequel. Expand
  21. luigithebaud
    Jun 6, 2010
    For all the people who hated the movie..... did you guys played the video games??? this is a movie for true gamers if you havent played the game dont watch it!!! by the way ,,i think that this is the best video game / movie ever made. way better than max payne and resident evil.
  22. JustinK
    Jun 9, 2010
    Alright, let me get this straight.....This movie is based on the video-game, yet HALF of the cool acrobatic moves that the Prince pulls in the games aren't even included in this movie. Don't get me wrong, the second-half of the movie had me on the edge of my seat......But the first half was boring as Hell. That, and the fact that the "Prince" wasn't NEARLY as badass as he Alright, let me get this straight.....This movie is based on the video-game, yet HALF of the cool acrobatic moves that the Prince pulls in the games aren't even included in this movie. Don't get me wrong, the second-half of the movie had me on the edge of my seat......But the first half was boring as Hell. That, and the fact that the "Prince" wasn't NEARLY as badass as he was in the video games (such as scaling walls and fighting off monsters) made me lose a little faith in this flick. But, like I said, the last hour of the movie is very epic. Thank God for that. Expand
  23. platiniumhunter
    May 28, 2010
    Very enjoyable to watch..way better than other summer releases this year like shrek 4 and iron man 2...an entertaining flick.
  24. bryana
    May 28, 2010
    Great flick.absolute delight to watch. go & see for yourself
  25. sandys
    May 28, 2010
    Watched it today and i must admit its full of adventure & action scenes are delightful too!!!
  26. ZiezK
    May 29, 2010
    The best video game adaptation. The movie, from start to finish, is filled with well-choreographed sword-fighting action, fantastic special effects, sweepingly exotic scenery, lavish production design, and a good, sweeping music score by Harry Gregson-Williams. It was so fun and entertaining.
  27. ThomasH
    May 29, 2010
    Went to see this today. Thought it was great! Wasn't expecting it to be good, but I thought it was fantastic. Reminded me of the original Indiana Jones movies and what made them so great.. this movie is incredibly well done and just fun. It doesn't try and preach some message to you, it just tells you a fantastic story. Loved it, recommend it to all.
  28. JamesT
    May 29, 2010
    I thought it was a great film. The action sequences were great and the special effects were amazing. I thought Jake played his part well and looked the part. I hope this does well at the box office!
  29. karls.
    May 29, 2010
    Enjoyed every bit of it from action scenes to run chases, from beautiful cities to varied landscapes.the prince with dagger surely creates magic.a must watch this summer.
  30. shawnt.
    May 29, 2010
    I am really surprised how badly the critics are reviewing this movie.have they forgot the true meaning of entertainment because this movie delivers it to perfection. i really loved it and i hope the others will also agree with me on this if they see the movie thumbs up from my side had fun watching this flick.

1. Mixing old-fashioned content and state of the art effects, this Jerry Bruckheimer production trades ‘pirates' for ‘princes' to revive the swashbuckling, sword fighting spirit of the sort Douglas Fairbanks or Errol Flynn specialized.
  2. A handsome, fast-paced and innocuous adventure that's easy to take but lacks epic scale.
  3. Reviewed by: Leslie Felperin
    Bruckheimer's passably enjoyable, antiquity-themed epic should satisfy its young male core demographic well enough, but won't connect with other auds on the level of Bruckheimer's "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise.