Project X

5.9

1. Jun 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An original comedy which results to be bad. I liked the end because it is realistic despite all the comedies nowadays. I expected more and i was kind of dissapointed Expand
  2. Jul 27, 2013
    I don't know what to say about Project X. Did it have a plot? No, but it didn't need one. Did it have any type of character development? No, but it didn't need it. This film feels like a documentary and an actual movie all at one time. It truly is an experience. The lighting is well done, the editing is snappy, the soundtrack is nothing short of epic, and the pure amount of extraI don't know what to say about Project X. Did it have a plot? No, but it didn't need one. Did it have any type of character development? No, but it didn't need it. This film feels like a documentary and an actual movie all at one time. It truly is an experience. The lighting is well done, the editing is snappy, the soundtrack is nothing short of epic, and the pure amount of extra participation is unprecedented. However, this movie is an absolute nightmare for anyone that is host to parties. I had anxiety from the start of the party to the moment the credits rolled. The only major problem with the film is the almost complete disregard for consequences. Putting text at the end will not discourage an over zealous viewer from throwing their own Project X. Even the father completely disregards his sons blatant disregard for authority. With all that being said I rate this right in the middle of the sliding scale. It is good, don't get me wrong, but it's not really a movie. It's an experience. Expand
  3. Mar 11, 2012
    If you go into this movie with the intent to be educated then you should not have paid to see this movie. Go rent something or watch the Artist. This movie was made to take the concept of Superbad and give it some steroids with a 2 hour energy drink chaser. I do not think it is the greatest movie by any means nor is it anything special in the way other comedies have been of this ilk. IIf you go into this movie with the intent to be educated then you should not have paid to see this movie. Go rent something or watch the Artist. This movie was made to take the concept of Superbad and give it some steroids with a 2 hour energy drink chaser. I do not think it is the greatest movie by any means nor is it anything special in the way other comedies have been of this ilk. I was entertained though. Of course I am a guy, and the breasts did add to the overall likeability of Project X. I will admit that much, but I found the ride fun and the knowledge of what was to come enticing to see. I wanted to see the craziness to keep going. I needed to see the total chaos that I saw in the sneak previews. The spoiler was in my head and that made me want to go through it and not think about how bad the acting was or how the director didn't care to really care fill the screen with thought provoking dialogue. The movie was meant to take our inner child that tells us to let go and have fun, and take it for a ride. My party days are long gone, and I do not think about it at all nor do I really miss it. Yet, it was nice to see what it would be like if I could turn back the clock and just totally immerse myself in that moment. This movie is not to be taken seriously, it is meant to be enjoyed for the party we all wish we could experience just once in our lives, and live to talk about. Expand
  4. Jun 6, 2012
    Crazy , Sick , ******* insane ....the whole movie ! Never imagine Project X (2012 )

would be like this . Normally speaking is just a lot "a lot" of american teenagers making fool of themselves. On the other hand that party was definitely Epic . the movie would be better if it wasn't footage type but still its damn crazy. No comment on directing , Script or Acting coz its all about the party . And that sure was hell of a party . What can I say , Yeah everything in the film was Negative and there's no good in the film . Its just different kinda movie(Party) gone BAD .
  5. Mar 3, 2012
    It's not in the same league with Todd Phillips classics like "The Hangover" or "Old School", but it's fun. It's nothing like a John Hughes movie as a couple of critics asserted; instead, it shoots for the most extreme high school party ever, and it achieves it for the most part. No, there's not any great depth or characterization to the thing, but it works. It's probably a parent'sIt's not in the same league with Todd Phillips classics like "The Hangover" or "Old School", but it's fun. It's nothing like a John Hughes movie as a couple of critics asserted; instead, it shoots for the most extreme high school party ever, and it achieves it for the most part. No, there's not any great depth or characterization to the thing, but it works. It's probably a parent's nightmare. For someone who revels in the destruction of someone ELSE's property in the name of collective fun, however, it's a blast. Expand
  6. May 31, 2012
    Upon watching this movie a second time I would say that it is a lot of fun, but really nothing special. It is worth watching, just to see how far these dumb teens can push the boundaries, but I don't think it adds much to the genre.
  7. Mar 2, 2012
    Crazy and rambunctious, Project X appeals to teenagers that long for a party so great that it spans to such an unthinkable amount. A well directed found footage type and nicely acted by it's novice cast, Project X seeks to entertain audiences for its full run time with much vulgarity. Though it's not a good outlook or a good influence for the matter, it creates some fun that has no realCrazy and rambunctious, Project X appeals to teenagers that long for a party so great that it spans to such an unthinkable amount. A well directed found footage type and nicely acted by it's novice cast, Project X seeks to entertain audiences for its full run time with much vulgarity. Though it's not a good outlook or a good influence for the matter, it creates some fun that has no real value at all. By the end of the movie however, it seems like the kids really haven't learned their lesson after entirely wrecking their house to the extent that everyone in school applauds the main character Thomas for ruining his life but by creating the party of a lifetime. Expand
  8. Jun 22, 2012
    Looking back at this film, it would have made a better half-hour short. As you would think, most of the movie takes place during the party. Making you feel like a loser just sitting there watching average actors jumping around and doing drugs. Nonetheless, the entertainment is there and rapped with a nice dose of laughter.
  9. Dec 18, 2012
    Could have been much, much crazier. I'm only giving it 4 marks because few of the scenes were stupid and they shouldn't have been included and vice versa and also because Oliver Cooper a.k.a Costa really tried to imitate Jonah Hill and that seems unoriginal and flop. When it comes to teenage parties and stuff, Jonah is the only person that comes on my mind because he really knows how to party.
  10. Jun 22, 2014
    Project X is the kind of movie you should only watch once as it has absolutely no re-watch value. For the most part while movies based around parties have a somewhat story being told this movie has none its just about one massive party. While the partying may be cool for the first like 10-20 minutes the movie really starts to drags on in the middle and the multiple scenes of girls breastProject X is the kind of movie you should only watch once as it has absolutely no re-watch value. For the most part while movies based around parties have a somewhat story being told this movie has none its just about one massive party. While the partying may be cool for the first like 10-20 minutes the movie really starts to drags on in the middle and the multiple scenes of girls breast and ass wasn't enough to do anything im mean yeah sure it was nice but rather pointless. For it being a Found Footage film it wasn't as bad as it could have been as most the time im annoyed by these types of movies but i was a problem this time.

The story follows three loser kids in high school who decide to throw a massive party in hopes that it will later make them popular and that's it ensue the partying. The movie had a couple good moments but nothing outrageous i chuckled maybe a few times honestly it was kinda a let down. I think its hilarious that the movie was promoted as "The Party You've Only Dreamed About" because i have been to a rave which is pretty much the same thing and there was at least 3-5 thousand people all partying but that was in the forest and not a house, most people I've had at my house for a party was like 50 people but of course my house isn't that huge. The end does pick up with with how crazy the party gets and saves it from its tedious shot after shot of either **** ass, people drinking, and people hooking up.

Overall i give it a 5.0 Honestly my favorite characters were the security kids as they were the best part of the whole of the movie well other than the hot women.
  11. Dec 16, 2013
    All of my friends saw Project X when it was still on theaters and they praised it as "awesome", "best movie ever", "crazy" and many other good adjectives. There was even a party here on my hood that was based on that movie and managed to gather more than a thousand people on a public square. So, when I decided to watch it, I was expecting the movie to be something just "wow". But it reallyAll of my friends saw Project X when it was still on theaters and they praised it as "awesome", "best movie ever", "crazy" and many other good adjectives. There was even a party here on my hood that was based on that movie and managed to gather more than a thousand people on a public square. So, when I decided to watch it, I was expecting the movie to be something just "wow". But it really wasn't.
    I love "bad" movies like American Pie and The Hangover, and I'm not a "moralist", I'm a teen, an open minded teen that loves to party (but can't because lives with near fascist parents), so the problem is not on the movie being "perverted" or "meaningless". I love deep plots but there are times I just want to laugh, just want to go crazy. So, the problem is that the movie failed to be a "good crazy movie", and it, for 3 major reasons:

1. I laughed watching it. But a lot less than I laughed to American Pie series, Hangover series, and even less than I laugh when watching some random vlog. It is funny, but it doesn't have any outstanding character like Hangover's Chow, and doesn't have that many jokes or eccentric situations either.

2. It is very non-realistic. Honestly, at least where I live, the teenagers aren't that way. Really, most of teens doesn't even smoke weed, do you really think that EVERYONE on the party would take ecstasy pills? There are just 3 or 4 more "open-minded" people on my classroom, and only one which already used MDMA. I know that the movie wasn't made to be "realistic", but I was expecting it to be a "real-a-like" party which went crazy, and not a "fantasy" party. If the was supposed to be crazy and disconnected with reality, so they should put some unicorns and gnoms on it. Also, the girls aren't so "liberal". There is only ONE GIRL on the hood which has shown her at a party and she is judged by most of other girls.

3. The events on the movie are very poorly timed. Seriously. The movie don't show "why" the party gets so huge (it tries, but fails to show it), and you don't see the party growing. It's like that in 5 five minutes, everything goes magically from an ordinary teenage party to the party of human history.

However, the movie has some good points. I talked a lot about the failures, because I was very hyped to see it, and it didn't satisfy all the hype. Anyway, it's very audacious, very. It says the morality". Definitely on a generic and cheap way, but it says. Even the party don't having much to do with real parties, it really shows the way most teens think. In a more dramatic way, obviously. But c'mon... It retracts the your religion" way of thinking.

The movie also have many hot actresses and boobs, a crazy part when the streets go on fire, and things like that, that make the movie "good for teens". It have some cliche (on the ending of love story), but it is a worth seeing movie. It's definitely better than staying for two hours without doing anything, or talking with friends on the PC or some boring ****.

So, it's not a 10/10 movie, but is not a 0/10. I gave it a 6 for what it represent and for its funny moments. That's it.
  12. Jun 22, 2014
    By the way, I'd like to give this movie a 6. However, Metacritic defines that score in movies as positive. I wanted to keep my opinion as mixed, so it had to be a 5. It's annoying. Let's get to the review, though. I honestly don't even know what to call Project X (PX). Is it a movie? A hidden message? An encourager? Regardless of what is defined as, it's not a very good movie. I went in myBy the way, I'd like to give this movie a 6. However, Metacritic defines that score in movies as positive. I wanted to keep my opinion as mixed, so it had to be a 5. It's annoying. Let's get to the review, though. I honestly don't even know what to call Project X (PX). Is it a movie? A hidden message? An encourager? Regardless of what is defined as, it's not a very good movie. I went in my recordings to watch it expecting a comedy. While the film starts off like that, it's takes a different, disappointing turn later on, but we'll talk about that later. PX is actually a fairly good comedy starting off, even though the plot and dialogue were simple. The characters in this movie are mediocre, though. You most likely won't care about them. Then again, PX doesn't really try to be a real movie. It's not deep, and there's no way in hell it's getting any type of awards. It's just made for you to have fun. Judging it as a movie though, it's slightly good at best, and pitiful at worst. I went in expecting a real movie, too, which I probably shouldn't have done. Like I said, as a movie, it starts off fairly funny. Then it gets to the party. I can see it being entertaining with some of my friends over, but by myself, it got boring as it went on. Sure, you have some good laughs during the party, but all I was really seeing was just a bunch of old teens dancing, drinking, fighting, and all the other stuff you'd expect out of a party like this. I did like the third act when destruction hits and the whole neighborhood and party gets totally f*cked up. If you're going in PX expecting a stupid, fun flick, you're most likely going to be entertained. However, I regret the decision expecting I was gonna get an actual movie because the results weren't what I wanted. Expand
  13. Aug 22, 2015
    good and epic movie but very illogical.he was a loser but in that party there was Thousands girls that know him.they lost their life but in the end the father of the family was very normal.but that was good

1. Reviewed by: Melissa Anderson
    Mar 3, 2012
    "There's a midget in the oven!" is about as inspired as the dialogue and set pieces get in this queasy-making entertainment.
  2. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    Mar 3, 2012
    Project X's first-person verisimilitude is the movie's primary strength and most damning weakness.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Travers
    Mar 2, 2012
    Most teen flicks just fake being fueled by anarchy. But the gut-bustingly funny Project X is the real deal. It's raunchy, reckless and ready to party. What's not to like?