5.9

1. Jul 31, 2014
    Many argue that the movie isn't about it's story or characters but about a supposedly "Epic" Party. Now first let me say: I was young once too and surely did some stuff I am not exactly proud of. And that is the point ! They may be funny stories but you are sure as heck not proud of them aside from a few exceptions maybe! This movie glorifies partying to such ridicoulous proportions that all of the people in the movie seem like complete morons and frankly just loathsome people. The entire thing is based around tree highschoolers no less, of which one "Costa" might just be one of the most annoying douchebags you've ever seen on film. This film is not how any "Epic" Party would be but how 14 year old kiddies imagine it: No limits, no consequences, no realism.
    Usually there is a point though where reality comes crashing in but not in this movie. I mean stuff happens but the film just ends and the three kiddos get "popular" without any repercussions.
    Why is that such an important deal in the first place? High School is over in a blink and then what are they going to do with their popularity? Work at Burger King? It's quite embarassing to watch really. Like when you overhear some kiddies arguing who drank the most beer last night fighting about it like it's actually a title worth having. Or when some teenager calls his friend a **** because he won't drink or stops drinking.
    Aside from that the movie objectifies women of course where the only purpose they have is to show their boobs and be sex-slaves to the men they all so much desire !
    One unintentionally frightening scene is when the police arrives and people start throwing bottles and it's like they are becoming a mob, a collective mind of douchebags not thinking about their actions! The movie makes it look like it's actually a cool thing. Right to Party my ass. You have every right to Party as long as you are not a selfish prick who puts his juvenile desires above any one elses. I almost burned your house down? Oh well, right to party I guess. Pretty Epic... right...
  2. Jun 28, 2014
    Project X is a ridiculous, pointless movie. A lot happens in this movie, but no laughs come from it. The likeliness of any of the events to take place is very low, that's kind of important for a found footage film that doesn't include and paranormal beings. It also has a very questionable message of it being okay the main character lost his entire college fund because he got **** for one night. To sum up Project X: This is a poor man's Superbad. A very poor man's Superbad. Expand
  3. Mar 7, 2014
    The movie had a really good idea, but it didn't go anywhere... It was just long and unfunny and even boring at times. Yup, an epic party being boring! that's how you feel when you watch this movie.
  4. Mar 3, 2013
    How is this considered a comedy? Did anyone actually take the time to write any jokes? Nope, just got attractive women, told them to take their shirts off and pretend to be at the most unrealistic party ever. Anyone out there saying it reminds them of their party days are just lying. This stuff doesn't happen.
  5. Jan 17, 2013
    This film is simply abysmal. I don't see how anyone could find it funny; firstly, it is fille with losers who curse every 2 seconds - boring. Furthermore, the camerawork is appalling. I know it's done for effect but it really is terrible. What a waste of time, do not see this tripe.
  6. Jan 12, 2013
    O.k. So three complete morons through a "party", which apparently in some suburban neighborhoods is roughly equivalent to a barbarian raiding. In the process of "partying" they destroy one their parent's houses, part of their neighborhood, started several dozen fires, destroyed their car, and likely killed one or more people. In the end, one ends up riding the "short bus" to school after being declared "mentally deficient" to avoid prosecution, one had nothing happen to him but has several paternity suits filed against him, and one got a few months. The one with several paternity suits brags about "his next 'party'" on national television. So the moral of the story: destroy, rape, pillage, murder, no one else's lives matter, so long as you have fun and in the end everything will be okay. Ultimately, the only way this vaunt through sociopathy could have been construed as a comedy would have been if it ended in a Tarantino-style battle royal which left everyone of the psychotic main characters laying dead in a pool of their own blood. That didn't happen, this wasn't funny. Expand
  7. Dec 31, 2012
    Absolutely terrible. Not funny in the least. If this movie reminds you of your childhood then you had a **** childhood devoid of compassion and any sense of human decency.
  8. Dec 18, 2012
    Could have been much, much crazier. I'm only giving it 4 marks because few of the scenes were stupid and they shouldn't have been included and vice versa and also because Oliver Cooper a.k.a Costa really tried to imitate Jonah Hill and that seems unoriginal and flop. When it comes to teenage parties and stuff, Jonah is the only person that comes on my mind because he really knows how to party.
  9. Dec 2, 2012
    This is a little late to be reviewing right now, but this movie sucked. The type of movie like this was perfected by superbad, and the producer Todd Phillips perfected comedy movies with The Hangover saga and Old School, but not this one. This movie is 88 minutes of junk and garbage. Not funny at all, unlike the movies i mentioned (Even Hangover: pt 2).
  10. Nov 5, 2012
    The shenanigans of the teens at times made me smile, and even that was rare, but let's face it, Project X is more of a failed reality show pilot than a film.
  11. Sep 19, 2012
    This movie sucked, it was just horrible the cast sucked, it wasn't believe able, it wasn't funny and the dialogue was just the worst. it was probably the worst movie of all time.
  12. Aug 29, 2012
    Dazed and Confused for stupid people.

One of the worst films ever made, this movie is not only unfunny, uncreative, and boring, it's a downright offensive film that offers up the following 'moral' at the end: It doesn't matter if you ruin your own life and the lives of your parents, as long as you're popular in high school, because that's what is REALLY important.
  13. Aug 11, 2012
    Can a movie get more dumb and stupid as this? I don't think... The hangover was a good comedy movie, but this one is plain s**t to say the least. And if the torture wasn't enough for an hour and a half, the most sickening part comes right at the end ; The party teen guy burned down houses, nearly killed several people, a dog and a dwarf, destroyed his dad's car... but in the end daddy says it's Ok, he's proud of his son, because he became popular. Great. Great great ending. Expand
  14. Jul 18, 2012
    This isn't a movie, it's a youtube video. And it's not a good youtube video. Every character in this movie are the most annoying characters i've seen in a long time and the movie seemed like it was writing itself as it went along. "How do we get drugs to the party?" "I don't know! Hey, lets break that gnome!". There were drugs in the gnome. Pathetic.
  15. Jun 2, 2012
    This film is possibly the most boring piece of screenplay I've ever set eyes on. There is no plot at all and the camera choice (as seen in chronicle) resembling the documentary style does not work, it just means your point of view is very limited. There is no fun in watching other people party when you aren't part of the action. Don't bother watching this film.
  16. May 29, 2012
    I agree with some of the other posters. There is no plot really. The moral of the story is that if you have a giant ass party that you will win the girl and have a happy ending(this doesn't require a spoiler alert) Even the jokes were pretty lame. I like funny movies but this isn't one of them.
  17. May 24, 2012
    If you're thinking about seeking this, just watch Superbad instead. They are pretty similar, except for the fact that Superbad is funny.
  18. Apr 10, 2012
    Horrible. I'm not even going to waste time going into all the details. The characters were arrogant, boring and pathetic. The plot was even worse. Save your braincells, watch something else.
  19. Mar 24, 2012
    What was all the hype about ? The movie was awful. It's stupid, idiotic, unfunny, no point, has no hearth and the characters were so unlikeable. Hey, I don't what to sound like a '' grandpa '' here, but this movie is a terrible example for teenagers, and makes them look even worse. It shows everything that's wrong with youth today. Thank you United States of America, for making this wonderful, educational, inspiring, Oscar worthy movie (of course I'm sarcastic) ! Sure, most of the teens will like this movie, because of the fact that it's a party. The only reason I'm giving '' Project X '' a '' 1 '' is because of the soundtrack. That was the best and the only enjoyable thing about this crap. Collapse
  20. dz9
    Mar 19, 2012
    This movie does something that NO genre of movie should ever forget, it forgets to bring the audience along with it. What I mean by that is that while you are watching this, due to the badly fleshed out characters, lacking story development, and the overall style of the movie... you feel like your a third wheel watching it, it feels as if you are watching a bunch of OTHER people have fun and your just sadly stuck in your theatre seat. What else does it do wrong? It's just not funny, aside from two parts, the jokes are just for shock value with no build up OR punch line, so it feels like a very bad episode of Tosh.0 without the clever commentary. Also, the characters are both unbelievable and unlikable, especially the main character's best friend in the movie. Some may say though that at least its entertaining.. but how? At first in the movie, it does sort of lift the mood by its loud pump music and outrageous party footage, but the movie followed this formula too much to the tee. The movie was 10 minutes of party montage with loud music and 4minutes of irrelevant dialogue; repeat. The Good: There is None. The Bad: The movie fails at connecting to the audience, lacks funny jokes, and unbelievable and unlikable characters. So why get the 1? Despite all the "hating" upon this movie, it does serve a good purpose. This would be a perfect movie to play in the background of a drinking party, just make sure your party goers are hammered, cause thats the only audience this movie should attract. Expand
  21. Mar 15, 2012
    I really regret wasting my money to pay for this movie. It was stupid and pointless! They just used some naked teen girls to attract audience and make money...
  22. Mar 12, 2012
    I'd rather recommend this movie for people who never had/went to a decent party in their whole lives. And besides it's stupid to pay for an aftermovie of some party you didn't even attend.
    I always went to the movies to see some kick-ass special effect pumped Action Movie and this was a huuuuuuuuge letdown (shouldn't have listened to friends and gone to John Carter)
  23. Mar 11, 2012
    Very poorly crafted party movie lacks humor, fun and humanity. The actors do a terrible job. The found footage format goes out the window for Girls Gone Wild montages matched with the heavy thumping soundtrack. All the guys are sloppy and vulgar; all the girls look like a Playboy College issue. None of the jokes work. The imagery of the partied up women is more Larry Clark than Bob C. Clark, if you know what I mean. Expand
  24. Mar 8, 2012
    The most upsetting movie I've ever seen. It takes "you had to be there" to a whole new level. There is nothing fun about watching people you don't know have fun, and this movie is simply 88 minutes of that. This movie also contains the most un-likable protagonists in recent memory. Thomas is a complete coward who is pushed around by his disgusting, obnoxious, loser "friend" Costa. They both hang out with J.B. who is only there so Costa can constantly insult him about his weight and are followed around by Dax,, who records the party on his camera. The entire dialogue consists mostly of Costa talking about how "epic" the party is and how popular it will make them. Every "joke" is signaled by Costa yelling "What the **** is that!?!" or "What the **** are you doing?!" It's almost as if they asked a 14 year old to write what they think a party is like. A little person punching kids in the groin is about as sophisticated as the humor in this movie gets. To me, the most insulting part was how they completely villainize anyone who wants to shut down their party. Absolute garbage. Expand
  25. Mar 7, 2012
    ALOT of people are talking about how hilarious and totally awesome this movie was. I think i was watching a different film because the "Project X" that i saw was stupid, ridiculous, and flat-out over the top. People even wonder why teenage drinking is such an epidemic and this movie definitely does not help the issue. I pretty much saw this movie just to see it and voice my own opinion. "People are saying its like Superbad on crack".....most ridiculous comment i've ever seen in my life. Superbad was funny, this was not. I laughed maybe twice in this film. I debated on walking out of the theater and watching the lorax again, but i'm not one for starting a movie and not finishing. This movie was just plain ridiculous, no realism whatsoever and its supposed to be a "found footage" style of film. I did not enjoy myself. Save your money and your valuable time from this mess of a so-called film. 3/10 Expand
  26. Mar 6, 2012
    A trio of high schools losers (the nerd, the loudmouth, the fatty) throws a big party to get laid. It was done well with "Superbad," but this new attempt takes the partying to outrageous ends without any of the humor or heart. It's yet another "found footage" approach, which means no narrative style. There are even extended music video sequences with lots of dancing, drugs and boobies. Obviously, I'm not the audience for it, so some under 30s goers might get off on the lame idiocy. Expand
  27. Mar 4, 2012
    An unfunny, stupid movie. Not much else I can say.
  28. Mar 3, 2012
    terrible movie, no plot. its just teens having a wild party. if i wanted to see a wild party i can go down the street from my house and watch one there every weekend for FREE.
  29. Mar 2, 2012
    I can not believe I paid money to see this movie. It was the biggest pile of crap I have ever seen. The P.O.V. films are getting dumber and dumber. Please what ever you do don't see this film!!!!! You will leave the movies pissed off like i was. But if you don't have a brain you may like this movie. It's a rip off of Superbad. Don't give them your money!!!!

1. Reviewed by: Melissa Anderson
    Mar 3, 2012
    "There's a midget in the oven!" is about as inspired as the dialogue and set pieces get in this queasy-making entertainment.
  2. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    Mar 3, 2012
    Project X's first-person verisimilitude is the movie's primary strength and most damning weakness.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Travers
    Mar 2, 2012
    Most teen flicks just fake being fueled by anarchy. But the gut-bustingly funny Project X is the real deal. It's raunchy, reckless and ready to party. What's not to like?