5.9

1. Oct 30, 2012
    Let me start by saying this is one of the funniest films i have seen in a long time, it brings in a real aspect of life because these kind of crazy parties happen all the time... The fact that these are nerdy kids make it ironic that they pull off such a crazy part. In a way i think of it as a feel good film and it makes you think that nothing is impossible and that don't waste your lifeLet me start by saying this is one of the funniest films i have seen in a long time, it brings in a real aspect of life because these kind of crazy parties happen all the time... The fact that these are nerdy kids make it ironic that they pull off such a crazy part. In a way i think of it as a feel good film and it makes you think that nothing is impossible and that don't waste your life being boring have fun.
    Good humor
    Good-ish acting Brilliant Characters Hot chicks (always a bonus) One of the top comedies of the year!!
  2. Sep 19, 2012
    This movie sucked, it was just horrible the cast sucked, it wasn't believe able, it wasn't funny and the dialogue was just the worst. it was probably the worst movie of all time.
  3. Sep 17, 2012
    Project X is every teens wet dream. Enjoy viewing experience with your college dudes, and you'll be notice the unlimited high-school **** Till the break down, yo!
  4. Sep 10, 2012
    Speaking technically,the cam work was awesome. Before giving a negative review...do u guys even know anything about film making?
    Think Big. Think Different!!!
    F the Future...Party the Present...
    Datz Project X baibe...
  5. Sep 5, 2012
    This plot is not an original, nor is the concept. However, if you're into not thinking while watching a movie-this is ideal. Slowly the characters and projected party highlighted in the trailer comes together. And, its quite over the top with some unexpected happenings during the party. The montage method tends to dominate the last 30 or so minutes to attempt to give you a "feel" of theThis plot is not an original, nor is the concept. However, if you're into not thinking while watching a movie-this is ideal. Slowly the characters and projected party highlighted in the trailer comes together. And, its quite over the top with some unexpected happenings during the party. The montage method tends to dominate the last 30 or so minutes to attempt to give you a "feel" of the party but really shows lack of imagination for the entire movie. Good for a single watch tho. Expand
  6. Aug 29, 2012
    Dazed and Confused for stupid people.

One of the worst films ever made, this movie is not only unfunny, uncreative, and boring, it's a downright offensive film that offers up the following 'moral' at the end: It doesn't matter if you ruin your own life and the lives of your parents, as long as you're popular in high school, because that's what is REALLY important.
  7. Aug 22, 2012
    This is one of the best comedy films I've seen in my life. Want to have a party like this, but with less mess. I can not believe this movie has so little score, should have at least a score of 70.
  8. Aug 21, 2012
    Project X is about the party everybody has dreamed of throwing, the party that will turn the party thrower/throwers into legends and get them any girl they want. While I was watching this movie I couldn't help but think about how awesome it would be to have been there. Your basically watching an awesome party go from crazy to out of freaking control. It's also hilarious, at least I thoughtProject X is about the party everybody has dreamed of throwing, the party that will turn the party thrower/throwers into legends and get them any girl they want. While I was watching this movie I couldn't help but think about how awesome it would be to have been there. Your basically watching an awesome party go from crazy to out of freaking control. It's also hilarious, at least I thought it was, bu that's probably because I have an extremely immature sense of humor and I'm easily amused. If you want to watch a movie about the party you've only dreamed of, and get a good laugh this is for you. Expand
  9. Aug 11, 2012
    Can a movie get more dumb and stupid as this? I don't think... The hangover was a good comedy movie, but this one is plain s**t to say the least. And if the torture wasn't enough for an hour and a half, the most sickening part comes right at the end ; The party teen guy burned down houses, nearly killed several people, a dog and a dwarf, destroyed his dad's car... but in the end daddy saysCan a movie get more dumb and stupid as this? I don't think... The hangover was a good comedy movie, but this one is plain s**t to say the least. And if the torture wasn't enough for an hour and a half, the most sickening part comes right at the end ; The party teen guy burned down houses, nearly killed several people, a dog and a dwarf, destroyed his dad's car... but in the end daddy says it's Ok, he's proud of his son, because he became popular. Great. Great great ending. Expand
  10. Aug 5, 2012
    Dirty, hilarious and not recommended to easy influential teenagers, ,,Project X'' is an epic party, with an epic soundtrack and some cliches of the comedy genre, but still an full entertaining experience, and that is a comedy suppose to be and this one does its job extremely good.
  11. Jul 30, 2012
    This movie is hella hilarious... in my opinion its right up there with the 1st American Pie and The Hangover movie. It's fun and very funny to watch. Yes there are three main characters in the movie (Thomas, JB and Costa) but the real superstar of the movie is the Epic Party. When you watch this movie you will finally know what it means to party like a Rock Star. The Soundtrack is alsoThis movie is hella hilarious... in my opinion its right up there with the 1st American Pie and The Hangover movie. It's fun and very funny to watch. Yes there are three main characters in the movie (Thomas, JB and Costa) but the real superstar of the movie is the Epic Party. When you watch this movie you will finally know what it means to party like a Rock Star. The Soundtrack is also awesome. WARNING!!! don't try what you see in the movie at home, you've been warn and you will be brought up on charges... LOL! Expand
  12. Jul 22, 2012
    Just saw Project X. That might have been my favorite movie of the year so far. It was just INSANE! One of the funniest movies I've ever seen. The 12 year old security guards were easily the highlight. Such a crazy ass movie. If your gonna go see it, go with a big crowd. It's so much fun!
  13. Jul 21, 2012
    Well I think some of the critics are dead wrong here. This fim is pretty good. Older critics are only giving terrible reviews because all they see in this movie are horny teens trying to get laid at a party which has been over-done so many times. The way teenagers see the film is the party they always wanted to throw but don't have the balls to. What starts out as decent gathering forWell I think some of the critics are dead wrong here. This fim is pretty good. Older critics are only giving terrible reviews because all they see in this movie are horny teens trying to get laid at a party which has been over-done so many times. The way teenagers see the film is the party they always wanted to throw but don't have the balls to. What starts out as decent gathering for Thomas Cubb's birthday turns into the party of the milenium with hilarious results like an angry midget being placed into an oven, two twelve year old security guards beating the **** out of an angry neighbor or an ecstasy filled garden gnome with his middle finger up. The film starts out a bit slow but starts to get going 15 minutes in and DOES.NOT.STOP!
    This film is iconic for every teenager such as myself mainly because this party makes the wildest party you have been look like an old ladies tea party in comparison.
  14. Jul 18, 2012
    This isn't a movie, it's a youtube video. And it's not a good youtube video. Every character in this movie are the most annoying characters i've seen in a long time and the movie seemed like it was writing itself as it went along. "How do we get drugs to the party?" "I don't know! Hey, lets break that gnome!". There were drugs in the gnome. Pathetic.
  15. Jul 8, 2012
    I laughed my ass of with this movie! I really don't understand why all these horrid reviews are given! It was the best movie my friends and I saw since months!
  16. Jun 23, 2012
    Great movie, I got what I expected how can a party end like a total chaos. This film is not made for people with child or people that have not lived around parties. Why there are people that watch systematically ALL the films? I would never ever see films made with Sandra Bullock, because I know what it is inside for example. So I wont be rating that films a 0, just because I don't likeGreat movie, I got what I expected how can a party end like a total chaos. This film is not made for people with child or people that have not lived around parties. Why there are people that watch systematically ALL the films? I would never ever see films made with Sandra Bullock, because I know what it is inside for example. So I wont be rating that films a 0, just because I don't like that type of films. Even though this is not a 10 film, but at least those 10 ratings, compensate the illogic behind the 0 ratings. Expand
  17. Jun 22, 2012
    Looking back at this film, it would have made a better half-hour short. As you would think, most of the movie takes place during the party. Making you feel like a loser just sitting there watching average actors jumping around and doing drugs. Nonetheless, the entertainment is there and rapped with a nice dose of laughter.
  18. Jun 21, 2012
    If you're looking for a movie with a great plot with great character development this is not what you should watch. Overall this is a great movie with entertaining footage about an "epic" party. It shows what every teenager and college kid looks for in a party. Crazy drunk memories. It had great camera placement and how they incorperated the home video look into the movie so it feels likeIf you're looking for a movie with a great plot with great character development this is not what you should watch. Overall this is a great movie with entertaining footage about an "epic" party. It shows what every teenager and college kid looks for in a party. Crazy drunk memories. It had great camera placement and how they incorperated the home video look into the movie so it feels like you were or are there. Expand
  19. Jun 18, 2012
    oh come on, you have to like this movie and see this movie, out of hand is putting it small, this party movie was epic , it reminds me of the kind of parties i used to have. real party movie and well as you can see i liked it. watch it and well see it for what it really is a couple of teens having fun and doing what all teens want to do.
  20. Jun 6, 2012
    Crazy , Sick , ******* insane ....the whole movie ! Never imagine Project X (2012 )

would be like this . Normally speaking is just a lot "a lot" of american teenagers making fool of themselves. On the other hand that party was definitely Epic . the movie would be better if it wasn't footage type but still its damn crazy. No comment on directing , Script or Acting coz its all about the party . And that sure was hell of a party . What can I say , Yeah everything in the film was Negative and there's no good in the film . Its just different kinda movie(Party) gone BAD .
  21. Jun 3, 2012
    Laughing at the people getting mad how there's no character development and typical how they're expecting the movie to have this and that. I dont care about that. All I care about if its an enjoyable or entertaining film. Thats it. Anyway, I found the film quite lulzy and typical teens trying to get popular and wanting a successful party. Its great when it all becomes chaotic and theLaughing at the people getting mad how there's no character development and typical how they're expecting the movie to have this and that. I dont care about that. All I care about if its an enjoyable or entertaining film. Thats it. Anyway, I found the film quite lulzy and typical teens trying to get popular and wanting a successful party. Its great when it all becomes chaotic and the entire place is getting wrecked. If you're looking for people partying hard and lots of alcohol and some chaos. Spend a small amount on this film. Expand
  22. Jun 2, 2012
    I can't say I really understand some of these negative reviews. It's a party movie. It's rated R. Can people just not lighten up and have fun at a movie? You're watching people have a crazy night that you can never have. There are a few laughs and a few wtf moments, but seriously. Did any of these people see any of the trailers? It's a party. Crazy things happen. People have fun. The factI can't say I really understand some of these negative reviews. It's a party movie. It's rated R. Can people just not lighten up and have fun at a movie? You're watching people have a crazy night that you can never have. There are a few laughs and a few wtf moments, but seriously. Did any of these people see any of the trailers? It's a party. Crazy things happen. People have fun. The fact that I'm sure a lot of people hate this movie yet loved Superbad, amazes me. This at least shows a party.. Superbad is just all about getting there, then being disappointed when you get there. Pretty much most of this movie is of people having an awesome time at a great party. Expand
  23. Jun 2, 2012
    This film is possibly the most boring piece of screenplay I've ever set eyes on. There is no plot at all and the camera choice (as seen in chronicle) resembling the documentary style does not work, it just means your point of view is very limited. There is no fun in watching other people party when you aren't part of the action. Don't bother watching this film.
  24. May 31, 2012
    Upon watching this movie a second time I would say that it is a lot of fun, but really nothing special. It is worth watching, just to see how far these dumb teens can push the boundaries, but I don't think it adds much to the genre.
  25. May 29, 2012
    I agree with some of the other posters. There is no plot really. The moral of the story is that if you have a giant ass party that you will win the girl and have a happy ending(this doesn't require a spoiler alert) Even the jokes were pretty lame. I like funny movies but this isn't one of them.
  26. May 24, 2012
    If you're thinking about seeking this, just watch Superbad instead. They are pretty similar, except for the fact that Superbad is funny.
  27. Apr 14, 2012
    Ok, I can see why people hate this movie. But if your aged between 15 and 21 this should be your fave movie.
    It has, humour like harold and kumar, action, alchohal, teenagers, violence, t!ts, A$$ and awesome music.
    The first person camera view gets a bit tedious, and the flamethrower was a bit over the top.
    Other than that, my fave movie of all time.
  28. Apr 10, 2012
    Horrible. I'm not even going to waste time going into all the details. The characters were arrogant, boring and pathetic. The plot was even worse. Save your braincells, watch something else.
  29. Apr 3, 2012
    I went into this movie expecting a cheesy annoying comedy, but I got a decent coming of age story. It had some parts that were absolutely ridiculousness and far fetched, but all in all, I enjoyed this movie.

1. Reviewed by: Melissa Anderson
    Mar 3, 2012
    "There's a midget in the oven!" is about as inspired as the dialogue and set pieces get in this queasy-making entertainment.
  2. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    Mar 3, 2012
    Project X's first-person verisimilitude is the movie's primary strength and most damning weakness.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Travers
    Mar 2, 2012
    Most teen flicks just fake being fueled by anarchy. But the gut-bustingly funny Project X is the real deal. It's raunchy, reckless and ready to party. What's not to like?