4.3

1. LaryG.
    May 3, 2008
    It was the best jumpy movie ever.
  2. VikkiL.
    Jun 8, 2008
    Although this re-make lacks the gore from the 1980's version, it can still send a shiver down the spine of any teenager. Very good.
  3. RachelR.
    Jun 11, 2008
    Saw the movie yesterday. Full of suspense, interesting twists and turns. Slightly predictable but this adds to the suspense whilst 'waiting for the jumps and scares'. Acting was brilliant, loved the film. Its a MUST SEE.
  4. Mia
    Apr 25, 2008
    I just saw this movie and I loved it, it's one of my favorites.
  5. FrankS
    Jun 17, 2008
    This film is well worth seeing. It is a very good reimagining of the 1980 classic with an all new story. It's stylish, technically well made, well acted, well paced and an auspicious feature film directorial debut by Nelson McCormick. I enjoyed it and I am waiting for the unrated DVD to be released.
  6. LawrenceW.
    Apr 18, 2008
    I thought it was better then the first one with Jamie Lee Curtis. I love Britney snow action i think that all the actors and actress did good. but talk about jumping. mass ppl say its bad but i really think when you see the first one then this one you see that this one is way better any way i woulds give it a ten. some ppl a crazy to give it a 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, it way better than that. i I thought it was better then the first one with Jamie Lee Curtis. I love Britney snow action i think that all the actors and actress did good. but talk about jumping. mass ppl say its bad but i really think when you see the first one then this one you see that this one is way better any way i woulds give it a ten. some ppl a crazy to give it a 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, it way better than that. i love that movie im going to see it again yay! Expand
  7. Jun 3, 2012
    This Is A Really Scary Movie!
    Good Writing, And Good Acting I'm Not Sure What's So Bad About This Movie??
  8. CarolineS.
    May 4, 2008
    Great movie! A little predictable, but has surprising twists.
  9. AnnieH.
    Jun 20, 2008
    I loved it it was really jumpy and exciting. Quite a bit of blood but one of the best films out there! I must see film!
  10. JessicaT.
    Apr 13, 2008
    Pretty good movie, better then I expected. It was some what corny but everyone in the theater seemed to enjoy and jump at all the right places. I'd recommend it to my friends.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 12 Critics

Despite having the same title and a similar premise to a 1980 Jamie Lee Curtis flick (kids getting slaughtered on prom night), this is NOT a remake. In fact, it really doesn't have much of a plot. It's basically "The O.C." with a body count.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    A surprisingly effective teen-skewing thriller that soft-pedals graphic violence (in marked contrast to the R-rated 1980 original) while generating a fair degree of suspense.
    Formulaic to the core, this reworking of the fondly remembered high-school slasher picture works surprisingly well on its own terms.