6.9

1. PennyE.
    Sep 18, 2005
    I thought it was a most intelligent film and Paltrow was brilliantly directed by Madden.
  2. RichardS
    Oct 2, 2005
    Absolutely one of the best movies of the year, and a tremendous performance by Paltrow. I was astounded at how well the play translated onto the screen with minimal changes, but without feeing stagy. Hopkins was also very good at what portraying someone with an undetermined madness (probably *not* schizophrenia); his physical presence gave the performance just the right touch. The only Absolutely one of the best movies of the year, and a tremendous performance by Paltrow. I was astounded at how well the play translated onto the screen with minimal changes, but without feeing stagy. Hopkins was also very good at what portraying someone with an undetermined madness (probably *not* schizophrenia); his physical presence gave the performance just the right touch. The only "complaint" my wife gave was that you came away not hating Hope Davis's character quite enough. Expand
  3. FrankS.
    Oct 23, 2005
    I thought Gwyneth did a sensational job of showng the fringe between genius and sanity.
  4. SusanM.
    Oct 28, 2005
    This is one of the nest movies I have seen in such a long time. Gwyneth is once again AMAZING! And Anthony Hopkins is brilliant as well. A really impressive conversion of stage show to movie. I was so engrossed in the story that I didn't want it to end. John Madden is a very talented director.
  5. JacobB.
    Sep 17, 2005
    Simply fantastic.
  6. MikeB.
    Sep 8, 2005
    Best film of the year! Gwyneth's performance deserves an oscar.
    Sep 25, 2005
    Gorgeous.
  8. JennyE.
    Feb 16, 2006
    I enjoyed this film more than most films I watch. Paltrow and Davis shine in a very real sister relationship. There is enough mystery to keep you interested, and emotionally involved right to the end. The ending, while not totally satisfying, was realistic. I didn't want the story to end. Very well done by all invoved !
  9. Dec 30, 2013
    Una pelicula brillante, enigmatica y muy bien planeada para mantener al espectador pendiente de lo que iva a suceder. Muy buenas actuacion esteleres en especial de Gwyneth Paltrow y Anthony Hopkins

1. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    Proof is on the side of the lost, blessed souls. Paltrow, as alluring and reassuring as ever, emphasizes the blessedness in the isolation of genius, giving a new dimension to a complex role. New, true and thrilling--she is the Catherine that Proof was waiting for.
  2. Reviewed by: David Rooney
    But despite less-than-ideal casting of the male roles, and a tendency to soften the Pulitzer Prize-winning work's thorny humor with a more sober tone, director John Madden has woven together an elegant, intelligent drama of a breed increasingly rare in mainstream American movies.
    Madden directed Paltrow in the play on the London stage, but he does his "Shakespeare in Love" goddess no favors by filling the screen with big close-ups that betray the theatrical origins of the piece and drain the movie of life and urgency. Proof hasn't been filmed at all -- it's been embalmed.