6.9

1. Georgina
    Feb 1, 2008
    I read the book and loved it and watched the film and loved it! I think it's heart warming, endearing, and although it's hard to believe there are really guys like Gerry in the real world...A girl can dream can't she...Really liked it and think Hillary was awesome!
  2. EJ
    May 10, 2008
    With all the crap that has come out lately I thought this was a refreshing movie with a great cast.
  3. Maire
    Jun 9, 2008
    an UNREAL film. the critics obviously are blind to see that it was a gripping film.
  4. AinsleyM.
    Jan 14, 2008
    It was amazing. I have never enjoyed a film so much. It takes a lot to make me cry and this film did it. I could watch it over and over.
  5. MelissaJ.
    Jan 28, 2008
    Great film. Curious how these critics define good filmmaking (and if they consider Rambo a good example). The script and acting were brilliant, but it is pretty emotionally heavy. Contrary to what some have said, I believe Swank was perfect for this role. Character development was excellent. A definite must see.
  6. AmandaM
    Jan 3, 2008
    10+++ Critics don't know what they are talking about. I've already seen it twice. It really captures human emotion in it's purest, real form. I found myself crying and I rarely cry at movies. I will buy this the day it comes out on DVD!!
  7. SarrahS.
    Jan 4, 2008
    This was a great movie. I cried and laughed throughout, and haven't seen a movie that spurred such emotion in me in a while. Maybe I'm a sucker, but I absolutely loved it. I felt close to the characters, and the director and actors did a great job in the first 20 minutes of the film helping the audience fall in love with the characters so that we could be involved throughout the This was a great movie. I cried and laughed throughout, and haven't seen a movie that spurred such emotion in me in a while. Maybe I'm a sucker, but I absolutely loved it. I felt close to the characters, and the director and actors did a great job in the first 20 minutes of the film helping the audience fall in love with the characters so that we could be involved throughout the movie. The soundtrack was great as well. Not surprised that the critics didn't like it, since I generally don't agree with the critics. See this movie. It's wonderful. Expand
  8. LauraW.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Awesome film! I lost count of how many times I cried!
  9. Chad
    Feb 4, 2008
    my girlfriend and i were extremely excited to go watch this and weren't disappointed in the least bit. p.s is sad and often depressing but at the same time its cute and funny. easily the best of this genre since the notebook and will hopefully become as popular as the notebook in the long run.
  10. Rubi
    Mar 1, 2008
    this movie was ever so creative i enjoyed it to the fullest!! i cried through the whole movie and was amazed at the little details that were included in. one of my fave.s!!!
  11. CHRISR.
    Dec 21, 2007
    Great cinematography; very charming film.
  12. MikeC.
    Dec 22, 2007
    Diregard all colorful commentary , It actually has good message for grief.
  13. DavidN.
    Jan 13, 2008
    Guys!!!! Take your girlfriends and make sure you have condoms ready afterwards. She'll be all over you.
  14. Jackie
    Jan 23, 2008
    This film is beautifully done I don't know how anyone can't believe in love after seeing this movie. Gerard Butler gives an Oscar worthy performance.
  15. KarenM
    Oct 30, 2008
    I thought this movie was amazing. The movie drew me in right from the beginning. I defiantly cried through most of it, but always made many laughs. It had a good balance between it being a romantic comedy with this tragic love story involved. The whole story was very clever and romantic. It
  16. KathrynA.
    Jan 5, 2008
    What is the matter with critics today? Have they all had their hearts surgically removed? P.S. I Love You is a truly charming film, well acted, well directed, with a wonderful script. It was not "sappy" at all. In fact, it deals quite truthfully with the subject of coming to terms with the pain of loss, and does so in a truly engaging way. Forget the critics; see this film.
  17. KylieM.
    May 23, 2008
    I watched this movie while my husband was deployed to Iraq--not a good idea :) BUT it is my all time favorite movie. i still sob everytime i watch it...its simply amazing.
  18. SonitaL.
    May 29, 2008
    I love this movie! It's like the saddest of all movie! Beside i think Gerard Butler look way hotter without the beard in 300! Anyway still love him with that Irish accent!
  19. SarahF.
    May 30, 2008
    I liked this movie and i thought it was cute.yeah, it wasn't all that perfect because many parts werent from the book. all in all, it was alright.
  20. GypsyS.
    May 7, 2008
    What a wonderful romantic comedy. A little humor, a little sadness, and overall, a great story. Perhaps a "chick flick", but to me, anyone would enjoy it. I would rate this movie a 10, except it isn't really a great piece of work, just a nice watch. I saw it at the theatre, and now will rent it to enjoy again. Oh, for you men out there.... my husband didn't like it nearly as What a wonderful romantic comedy. A little humor, a little sadness, and overall, a great story. Perhaps a "chick flick", but to me, anyone would enjoy it. I would rate this movie a 10, except it isn't really a great piece of work, just a nice watch. I saw it at the theatre, and now will rent it to enjoy again. Oh, for you men out there.... my husband didn't like it nearly as much as I did. Expand
  21. CamilleH
    Jan 8, 2009
    Those people who tried to debase this film, I understand that your statements were your opinion but you all are just immature and can't seem to enjoy the movie for what it was....and it was awesome!!!!!!!!!!
  22. SLW.
    Dec 24, 2007
    Touches elements of our emotional daily lives that we may or may not want to deal with. The work of all the actors is sublime, with Gerry Butler' "Gerry" having us fall in love with him, so that "Holly's" grief is ours, too. Supporting cast was perfect - particularly Bates and Morgan. LOVED it, in a tearful, laughing, poignant sort of way.
  23. SylvieM.
    Dec 28, 2007
    Beautiful movie!! I did not want it to end, very powerful. It made me laugh and cry, I was very satisfied!.. I don't know why the critics were so negative for this movie. I would recommend it for anyone!
  24. Cheryl
    Jan 13, 2008
    Loved it. Cried and laughed throughout. I would see it again. Hilliary Swank was great, don't listen to the critics.
  25. DenyseM.
    Feb 25, 2008
    I loved this movie...I read the book before the movie had even came out and I feel in love with the book. When I heard that the movie was being made I knew that it was going to be awesome and it was.
  26. MurielA.
    May 11, 2008
    A beautiful fairy tale full of truth. Critics trashed it. Viewers love it! It's a visually gorgeous, touching, yet light movie on the heavy subject of loss of a love. Absolutely believable? No, of course not. But true to the craziness of grief after losing a beloved mate. I've been through it, and so many of the feelings and actions were spot-on. I cried and had a wonderful time A beautiful fairy tale full of truth. Critics trashed it. Viewers love it! It's a visually gorgeous, touching, yet light movie on the heavy subject of loss of a love. Absolutely believable? No, of course not. But true to the craziness of grief after losing a beloved mate. I've been through it, and so many of the feelings and actions were spot-on. I cried and had a wonderful time viewing this film. Hillary shines!! Expand
  27. MegB.
    May 12, 2008
    I just thought this was an amazing movie! It had me on the floot laughing to crying my eyes out in 2.2.
  28. leanne
    May 17, 2008
    After reading the book first i did not think i would like the film but i thought that the film was better than the book, the book is more sad and morbid where as the film has comedy in it and i think that makes it better, there is a sad factor to the film but it lets you see that life is not all doom and gloom i love the film i could watch it every day.
  29. lisan
    May 25, 2008
    Cried through the entire movie. I can relate to this pain as my husband died at 29. Very touching
  30. Megan
    Jul 27, 2008
    Really good film, similar to The Notebook, quite sad though. Cried lots.
  31. JudyF.
    Dec 21, 2007
    I'm sorry the critics can't do "enjoyable". This was touching and romantic and funny and delightful.
  32. GloriaR.
    Dec 27, 2007
    It is refreshing to see comedy blended with sadness in life. It is real. It reminded me of the movie Magnolias (a beautiful film of 4 women's friendship throughout all their ordeals in life). I loved it.1 I also love Gerry.
  33. JordanN
    Dec 14, 2008
    This movie was the best I ever seen.It was touching and amazing.I cried the whole time.You should watch this movie.
  34. Dec 27, 2010
    ps. i love you is a film which really attaches you to the characters and brings tears to your eyes. It really lets you look deep into what true love is really like. In my opinion it is an outstanding film and worth seeing as soon as you can. One of the best films i have seen in years.

1. FYI, there's zero chemistry between P.S. I Love You's two commodified headliners. P.S.: The plus in the harsh grade goes solely to the divine Lisa Kudrow, delivering desperately needed laughs as the twitchy widow's husband-hunting best friend.
  2. The film, written (with Steven Rogers) and directed by Richard LaGravenese, is long and drags in places. But the chief problem is that "P.S." feels like a gimmick.
  3. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    "Ghost" with a brogue, "The Notebook" without the burden of old people, this post-life comedy will have the sentimentally challenged weeping openly, while clutching desperately to the pants-legs of boyfriends and husbands who are trying to flee up the aisle.