9.0

1. Sep 27, 2011
    Quentin Tarantino's "Pulp Fiction" is not your average gangster movie where people shoot each other and do drugs. This film is about the highest level of perfection you can achieve in the category of gangster films. Led by smart, controversial directions, "Pulp Fiction" spills in racism, mistakes, faults, God, and redemption into the game of crime. It's simply astonishing to do such thing,Quentin Tarantino's "Pulp Fiction" is not your average gangster movie where people shoot each other and do drugs. This film is about the highest level of perfection you can achieve in the category of gangster films. Led by smart, controversial directions, "Pulp Fiction" spills in racism, mistakes, faults, God, and redemption into the game of crime. It's simply astonishing to do such thing, which makes the film a long living masterpiece in film history. Expand
  2. May 2, 2011
    One of the zaniest, funniest, smartest and most entertaining movies I have ever seen. One of my all time favorites as well. John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson give terrific performances.
  3. Michelep.
    Dec 20, 2006
    Best movie ever..hands down!
  4. Dec 3, 2011
    Even years after the release the movie feels fresher than many of the movies made today. Quentin Tarantino takes a story, twists it and turns, plays with our expectations and leaves us with a masterpiece.
  5. Jun 7, 2012
    Pulp Fiction may be Tarantino's best film ever. From the opening scene to the very end, there is not a single dull moment. There is always someone getting shot at , someone doing drugs or someone getting cussed at the best possible way.The starring actors do an excellent job, Which is't a surprise. The script is typical in Tarantino's style.Something to note is that the acts aren't inPulp Fiction may be Tarantino's best film ever. From the opening scene to the very end, there is not a single dull moment. There is always someone getting shot at , someone doing drugs or someone getting cussed at the best possible way.The starring actors do an excellent job, Which is't a surprise. The script is typical in Tarantino's style.Something to note is that the acts aren't in chronological order, but will still make sense Expand
  6. julesw.
    Aug 19, 2007
    Best movie of all time.
  7. ClifC.
    Mar 9, 2009
    Incredible acting (especially Travolta and Jackson), incredible stories and incredible piece of art for Pop culture! Though the end is a bit frustrating, the plot is great, really I mean it.
  8. AaronS.
    Dec 31, 2002
    When one reviews a film, they must look past what is morally incorrect or socially unacceptable and focus on the originality of the film, and the only reason this very original, extreely absorbing movie did not win the Best Picture Oscar is that Forrest Gump was just less controversial. (Albeit just as good)
  9. JasonW.
    Nov 4, 2004
    This is the most entertaining movie i've ever seen. It isn't flawless, but it's as close as i've ever seen. Tarentino goes overboard in every movie he does, but his method fits this film. Bravo! Bravo!
  10. KarstenN.
    Sep 10, 2005
    This is one of the greatest movies ever made, absolutely brilliant.
  11. Ali
    Sep 20, 2005
    One of the best movie i've ever seen.
  12. KentE.
    Apr 1, 2007
    Great movie. One of the best movies of all time. The thing that makes this movie so great is that it doesnt take itself too seriously. Yes the jokes help this movie out a lot, but who cares the jokes are classic "Royal with cheese", "Big Kahuna Burger" "La Big Mac" that opening scene of the movie is classic and probably one of the best parts of movies of all time. So many classic lines Great movie. One of the best movies of all time. The thing that makes this movie so great is that it doesnt take itself too seriously. Yes the jokes help this movie out a lot, but who cares the jokes are classic "Royal with cheese", "Big Kahuna Burger" "La Big Mac" that opening scene of the movie is classic and probably one of the best parts of movies of all time. So many classic lines from this movie and its also well acted and directed. Its a crazy movie, that doesnt make sense, but it doesnt try too, and for those of you who say its too long, go watch a Disney movie or one the horror movies out there today, maybe their more your type of movie, you dont have to think as long. Expand
  13. TroyP.
    Oct 17, 2008
    Funny and entertaining from beginning to end. Amazing script and great acting.
  14. DaveF
    Sep 19, 2008
    The finest thing to come out of America period. the only let down is that i will never be able to watch it again for the first time and have that feeling i had when the credits rolled and i was sat there mouth agape unable to take in the awesomeness of what i had just seen. i think its safe to say its without any doubt the best film ever made by some considerable margin.
  15. NinjaMafia
    Feb 11, 2004
    I finally saw this movie after seemingly thousands of years. I actually saw Kill Bill before this movie so I was having high hopes that Quinten would pull of another masterpeice, and my hopes were met. The movie characters were witty and realistic. Some scenes(the gun accidently going off) were the most hilarious things I have ever seen. Sharp dialogue, clever editing. There just I finally saw this movie after seemingly thousands of years. I actually saw Kill Bill before this movie so I was having high hopes that Quinten would pull of another masterpeice, and my hopes were met. The movie characters were witty and realistic. Some scenes(the gun accidently going off) were the most hilarious things I have ever seen. Sharp dialogue, clever editing. There just isn't alot this movie has going against it, besides the fact that there is no real strong storyline going for it. But that is where the beauty of the film lies, it just feels like we are actually following these guys around on one of their, most likely, not so better days. Does life itselfs have a grand storyline that we all need to follow out? No, and neither does this movie, making it all the more better. The dialogue is also perfect. The hamburger conversation feels like a conversation you would find me and my friends having on a normal day. The only complaint I have about this film is that the second chapter, with the boxer, seemed a bit out of place with the other two chapters. Maybe if they threw in a bit more of Vincent or Jools into the chapter it would have fit in a bit better. With that minor Quipe aside, Pulp Fiction is a movie that is more than just a movie you need to see, you have to see this film or forever be haunted by the awesome that got away. Expand
  16. JamesM
    Nov 19, 2005
    About as perfect as a film will ever get. See it.
  17. NickyE.
    Sep 14, 2005
    [sarcasm] Max W, you seem smart. I like smart people. You should tell the world about Tarantino's crappy ideas and the then REDO Pulp Fiction with your amazing filmmaking skills. I'm sure we would all be pleased with the results. [/sarcasm] But, seriously, this movie is great - if you don't get it... move to Canada (or something like that).
  18. DavidP.
    Sep 21, 2007
    Brilliantly entertaining. This was the movie that revitalized American cinema in the mid 1990s... though it would have been nice if other directors took his example for inspiration rather than just becoming copycats. This is the 10 in Tarantino's repertoire... nothing before or since has been better than an 8.
  19. WesE.
    Nov 15, 2005
    Easily one of the best, most finely-crafted films ever. The only movie that could ever reach the cinematic brilliance of Pulp Fiction was Wizard of Oz, more than 70 years ago.
  20. Dec 20, 2011
    I seriously don't know what to say about this film. It was mind blowing. It was very well written. I loved the dialogue especially the beginning scene in the dinner with Tim Roth. The best part of the film has to be the directing. With Quentin Tarantino there's no way that it's sucks. The stories of different people connecting simultaneously has been bone before but not as good as thisI seriously don't know what to say about this film. It was mind blowing. It was very well written. I loved the dialogue especially the beginning scene in the dinner with Tim Roth. The best part of the film has to be the directing. With Quentin Tarantino there's no way that it's sucks. The stories of different people connecting simultaneously has been bone before but not as good as this masterpiece. John Travolta dying at the middle of the film and walking out of the dinner at the end was very well planed out. This film doesn't even fallow the same time period. Don't forget about the violence. It was very violent and bloody. This film deserved to win best picture at Oscars over Forrest Gump. I don't have much else to say so what are you still doing here. If you haven't seen the movie go see it and if you have seen it go see it again. Expand
  21. May 6, 2012
    The greatest film ever made. Dialogue in the film is perfect, brilliantly written by Tarantino.

A superb performance from John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson.
  22. Jun 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Pulp Fiction, probably one of the most memorable movies I have seen. From beginning to end this movie has you glued to you're seat wondering what crazy adventure the characters are going to have next. Not recommended for the whole family but it is a good movie overall to watch. Expand
  23. Apr 18, 2013
    Having proven to be a consumate director with "Reservoir Dogs", Tarantino delivers his magnum opus with "Pulp Fiction". At once brutal, disturbing, and comedic, this classic is actually three separate films melded into one, and the product is one hell of a scintillating experience.
  24. Nov 25, 2013
    An instant classic. Ripe with witticisms and sharp retorts. This is the only instance I actually liked haphazard storytelling, because it actually succeeded in evoking certain feelings, where some of the characters were alive in some story lines and dead in the other, and this made you think what it would have been like if these characters had gotten out in time.

There were long

There were long portions of dialogue dedicated solely to humour, and others to theological and philosophical discussions. There are three stories running in parallel, which often come into contact with the others without affecting them, and are told in a non-linear way.

Among Tarantino's films, I believe it's second only to Django Unchained, which was much more coherent and awe-inspiring, albeit with seemingly unnecessary bloody violence and an inflated running time.
  25. Mar 9, 2013
    An oustanding and strongly built film, Tarantino sets loose one of the best plots of all time not to mention suceeding in showing strong performances by your every day actors Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta who usually lag behind in other films. Pulp Fiction is possibly the strongest and most powerful Tarantino movie besides Inglourious Basterds{read my review for Inglourious BasterdsAn oustanding and strongly built film, Tarantino sets loose one of the best plots of all time not to mention suceeding in showing strong performances by your every day actors Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta who usually lag behind in other films. Pulp Fiction is possibly the strongest and most powerful Tarantino movie besides Inglourious Basterds{read my review for Inglourious Basterds to find out what I said}. Expand
  26. Sep 25, 2013
    I'd seen the first Kill Bill, Inglorious Basterds, Django Unchained and Reservoir Dogs before this. I'd thought some of those were pretty damn good so coming into this I thought "alright Tarantino... show me your best". and surprisingly it delivered. There's so much you can talk about with this film but a lot of it you've probably already heard. It's probably best not to overhype itI'd seen the first Kill Bill, Inglorious Basterds, Django Unchained and Reservoir Dogs before this. I'd thought some of those were pretty damn good so coming into this I thought "alright Tarantino... show me your best". and surprisingly it delivered. There's so much you can talk about with this film but a lot of it you've probably already heard. It's probably best not to overhype it because overhyping films can turn masterpieces into mediocre films. My advice is it's a must watch. Expand
  27. Oct 8, 2013
    My favorite movie of all time! This movie is fun and engaging to the core. The dialogue in this movie is the best example of Tarantino's writing ability. Every character feels genuine and has interesting things to say in interesting ways. Plus the dark comedy that is entwined into the whole movie is simply wonderful.
  28. Nov 23, 2013
    Quentin Tarantino is absolutely a genius and this movie proves how is this geniality,an outstanding movie with an non-linear story is great,some movies would serve this movie as an example.
  29. Dec 28, 2010
    This is probably one of the greatest movies ever to hit the silver screen (in my opinion that is). Tarantino, you're one hella director, keep it up. If you haven't seen this movie or you're debating on seeing it, well...SEE IT!!!!!!
  30. Mar 19, 2011
    Yo The Godfather: I'm really happy for you... Imma let you finish, but Pulp Fiction is the best movie of ALL TIME... of ALL TIME!!! but really I have yet to see better movie
  31. PeterP.
    Jan 22, 2008
    If your idea of a good movie is filled with slow motion or flashy action sequences, love scenes, and a clear cut happy ending, don't watch this movie. But if you want something gritty, real and entirely different than most the movies out there, you just might need to see this one.
  32. FelixK.
    Feb 14, 2008
    Definitely belongs to the 10 best movies of all times !!! The story and the dialogues are just awesome and it's really sad to see that it only received the script-oscar. What about this ridiculous Forrest Gump is worth these many trophies !
  33. MM.
    Jan 23, 2008
    Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion, of course. But I don't think that any serious viewer -- or at least any viewer with an opinion worth considering -- will grant Pulp Fiction its rightful place in the canon. That doesn't mean the film is perfect or that reasonable viewers can't differ on its relative strengths and weaknesses. Those who find the dialogue too Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion, of course. But I don't think that any serious viewer -- or at least any viewer with an opinion worth considering -- will grant Pulp Fiction its rightful place in the canon. That doesn't mean the film is perfect or that reasonable viewers can't differ on its relative strengths and weaknesses. Those who find the dialogue too steeped in post-modern hipsterism, however, can still marvel at a non-linear storyline that may best "Citizen Kane" in its elegance and ingenuity. Those who find some of the plot twists (think Gimp, baby) too contrived can still appreciate performances -- and character interactions -- whose artistry will stun audiences for many, many generations to come. In other words....hell, that guy below is right: If you don't find something -- or lots of things -- to love about this movie, see a doctor. It's time to get that stick removed. Expand
  34. Dec 17, 2010
    Not a huge fan of all of Tarantino's films but this one is great. Great music.. great cast... great dialog!!!!!!

Must see - *highlights* Samuel J, Travolta, Steve B... great performances
  35. Jan 23, 2012
    An unbelievably acted directed and written film. The film is engaging and very funny. The film is very engaging and is never dull. All the scenes in the film are superbly crafted and there is not one thing wrong I can say about this film. A true masterpiece and one of the best films of all time. To bad the rest of tarantinos films I have not enjoyed although I have not seen Kill Bill 2An unbelievably acted directed and written film. The film is engaging and very funny. The film is very engaging and is never dull. All the scenes in the film are superbly crafted and there is not one thing wrong I can say about this film. A true masterpiece and one of the best films of all time. To bad the rest of tarantinos films I have not enjoyed although I have not seen Kill Bill 2 and resevoir dogs. Expand
  36. guess
    Sep 26, 2005
    One of my faves.
  37. Jul 20, 2013
    One of the most influential films of the 1990s, Pulp Fiction is a delirious post-modern mix of neo-noir thrills, pitch-black humor, and pop-culture touchstones.
  38. J.RyanG.
    May 23, 2005
    Perhaps the greatest film ever made, but only a few inches from horrible. This is risk-taking at its most exhilarating. Minor tweaks in the script or the casting, one would think, might disrupt its undeniable rhythm and punch. Though there are many reasons to love and admire this film, all can be summed up by merely watching people watching this film--and how great it must be to watch a Perhaps the greatest film ever made, but only a few inches from horrible. This is risk-taking at its most exhilarating. Minor tweaks in the script or the casting, one would think, might disrupt its undeniable rhythm and punch. Though there are many reasons to love and admire this film, all can be summed up by merely watching people watching this film--and how great it must be to watch a film school class picking it apart scene-by-scene. Everything, every last line, every minor quiver of the speaker's upper lip, operates faithfully in divine service to the film's totality. Expand
  39. IllyaZ.
    May 30, 2005
    One of the best films ever!
  40. Nov 2, 2010
    It's hard for me to rate a movie over 8 because I think only near perfect works of art deserve a 9 or a 10 when it comes to movies. This one is a perfect example of this. This movie sets the bar for other action films to measure against. The different interconnecting stories the cast, just about everything here is amazing.
  41. Nov 4, 2010
    Quentin Tarantino creates something new and original - combing the stories of a boxer, two hit men and a gangsters wife into a 154 minutes of masterful filmmaking.
  42. Jan 11, 2011
    Thiz movie known as the most talked about movie. The movie that acquired a lot of good reviews from most critics. You must see it yourself then you understand why. Starred by many well-known Actors, such as: John Travolta, Samuel L. Jackson, Uma Thurman, Bruce Willis and many. Directed by Quentin Tarantino, the eccentric Director. The plot is unusual, but very interesting in a strange way.Thiz movie known as the most talked about movie. The movie that acquired a lot of good reviews from most critics. You must see it yourself then you understand why. Starred by many well-known Actors, such as: John Travolta, Samuel L. Jackson, Uma Thurman, Bruce Willis and many. Directed by Quentin Tarantino, the eccentric Director. The plot is unusual, but very interesting in a strange way. The Script made by Tarantino himself. Very confusing plot around the movie. Move forward and backward along the movie. These elements that made people appreciate it. You must see over and over to understand the idea. However, actually the plot is an ordinary plot just like other ordinary movie but the editing made it great for overall. The other factor that make thiz movie unforgettable is the dialogues. The dialogues are mostly long but colorful, rude but exciting. Thiz movie costs by limited budget, but still a lot of well-known stars involved. Thiz proofs that The Actors know there is something different on the script to offer. The other memorable scene you will never forget is when Travolta and Truman dancing. The dancing is cult. People remember Travolta for musical movies, such as SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER (1977) and GREASE (1978). When we see him appear at movie again for such a long time and we see him dancing by his present figure, something magical happens. That is the fun part. If you like independent movie, Totally you must see this movie

Visit My Blog on JONNY'S MOVEE : http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com
  43. pos
    Sep 2, 2011
    A crowning achievement in film. a true masterpiece. this films got it all great characters, soundtrack, story, comedy, wonderfully put together with some some of the best dialogue and writing in film history. the finest work from a true film genius quentin tarantino.
  44. Apr 16, 2012
    An epic movie, I don't be a fan of Tarantino, some of his movies are awful (in the good sense) for me (Hostal scare me and much). But Pulp Fiction is a master piece film, is really incredible, the development is supreme, the performances of all the cast are amazing, I love this movie.
  45. StevenO.
    Jul 10, 2009
    Very original. Quentin Tarantino took different situations and brought them together. This movie really brings out the different characters and their situations as well as how these situations effect each other and themselves. Definitely a good movie to watch with a Royale with Cheese.
  46. Cy
    Jun 20, 2002
    Liked it the first time, loved it the secound time. Excellent movie.
  47. S.Barnes
    May 6, 2009
    This film is continuously hilarious from beginning to end. With it
  48. E.W.
    Sep 8, 2002
    An excellent example of a heady movie that imerses the person in the environment of the situation. Anyone who says this movie isnt deep isn't smart enough to see it at that level. Enough Said.
  49. JustinT.
    Sep 9, 2002
    My favorite movie ever.
  50. GeorgeM.
    Oct 6, 2003
    Thrilling AND Hilarious! Masterpiece!
  51. AldoM.
    Jun 29, 2004
    Very unique and it's Jules dammit! Not Jools.
  52. C.B.
    Oct 20, 2005
    I still remember how giddy and excited I was while I was watching this movie in the theater. A top ten favorite of mine.
  53. MaxC.
    Mar 10, 2005
    The movie is among the best original movies ever made. Tarantino pushes the boundaries and accomplishes to create a masterpiece that has becomed a cult phenomenom. The people who have rated this movie with a low rating should've watched the latest Jackie Chan movie. I still believe that a Pulp Fiction sequel is very possible, one where it would show that main characters in the time The movie is among the best original movies ever made. Tarantino pushes the boundaries and accomplishes to create a masterpiece that has becomed a cult phenomenom. The people who have rated this movie with a low rating should've watched the latest Jackie Chan movie. I still believe that a Pulp Fiction sequel is very possible, one where it would show that main characters in the time before they were ever involved in the original film and it would show everything leading up to the events of the film. Dark comedies rock and Pulp Fiction is the second best dark comedy, being beaten only by the truly cult classic: Dr. Strangelove: or how I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb. If you havent seen this movie yet, go buy it now because 50 years from now people will still find this film to be refreshing in a world made up of hollywood special effects popcorn movies. Enjoy! Expand
  54. MichaelK.
    Apr 1, 2005
    THE FILM.
  55. GilgameshX.
    Jul 26, 2005
    It isnt supposed to be funny, you morons. Pulp Fiction is to comedy as George Bush is to president.
  56. SamX.
    Apr 1, 2006
    Pulp Fiction is one of my all time favourites. It has a timeless feel to it, excellent cast, excellent plot and a genius-come-director Quentin Tarentino. The reviewers that vote this 0 and don't come up with a better explanation than that it's 'sick, evil, sicksickdsfieevil' are clearly idiots who have probably never seen the film itself. Tarentino, you either love him Pulp Fiction is one of my all time favourites. It has a timeless feel to it, excellent cast, excellent plot and a genius-come-director Quentin Tarentino. The reviewers that vote this 0 and don't come up with a better explanation than that it's 'sick, evil, sicksickdsfieevil' are clearly idiots who have probably never seen the film itself. Tarentino, you either love him or hate him and his films, but back up your arguments. Pulp Fiction was an instant classic and always will be. Expand
  57. adityam
    Sep 5, 2009
    Oh God! I just couldn't believe what I have watched here. I have watched a Masterpiece. I do not say it out of respect as I did for The Godfather, but I say it out of pure exhilaration and relief (Quiet the opposite what you witness on the surface). For the first time after many ages I don't feel guilty about giving a film 10/10.
  58. zackm
    Jan 2, 2010
    I can honestly say that this is one of the best genre changing films of the past few decades since the godfather or the goodfellas. if i made a list of my top ten favorite movies pulp fiction would without a doubt be on there somewhere.
  59. Tony
    Feb 2, 2002
    Uh. It's great.
  60. D.S.
    Oct 8, 2003
    Best movie of the past 20 years.
  61. GeorgeS.
    Apr 7, 2003
    It's a good movie.
  62. KevinF.
    Apr 16, 2004
    Pulp Fiction is quite simply one of the greatest films of all time. It's fantastic from start to finish.
  63. marshallm
    Oct 20, 2005
    Really good, in a brutal, weird, unconfortable sort of way.
  64. JonH
    Feb 19, 2005
    The movie of the 90's, some might look at that as a bad thing, but it certainly is one of my all time favs.
  65. Wongit
    Mar 12, 2005
    Pulp Fiction defines the word "Classic". Whatever Tarantino was on when he created this masterpiece, i want some of it. Its the most original movie I have ever experienced. I want more movies to be like this. Most american films are pretty much the same from start to finish, but this one is so original, and different that its a pure classic. Quite possibley the best movie ever, and im not Pulp Fiction defines the word "Classic". Whatever Tarantino was on when he created this masterpiece, i want some of it. Its the most original movie I have ever experienced. I want more movies to be like this. Most american films are pretty much the same from start to finish, but this one is so original, and different that its a pure classic. Quite possibley the best movie ever, and im not exagerating at all. Expand
  66. Johno
    Apr 16, 2005
    I'm not a Tarantino fan, infact, I think 'Reservoir Dogs' and 'True Romance' are dreadful films that border between average and messy. However, 'Pulp Fiction' is just flawless. I'm the sort of film buff that ends up hating films like this but every ounce of this film is pure classic. The immaculate script delivered by great actors at their best, I'm not a Tarantino fan, infact, I think 'Reservoir Dogs' and 'True Romance' are dreadful films that border between average and messy. However, 'Pulp Fiction' is just flawless. I'm the sort of film buff that ends up hating films like this but every ounce of this film is pure classic. The immaculate script delivered by great actors at their best, awesome soundtrack, beautifully choreographed action and near perfect pace, editing and direction. If you approach this film with a negative opinion of humourised violence or find Tarantino lacks any humanity in his scripts, then you are quite possibly approaching from a similar angle to me. And I loved every minute of this funny, exciting masterpiece. I hate giving out 10/10 but I'd be lying if I didn't. Expand
  67. MarkS.
    Jul 5, 2006
    Travolta and Jackson are absolutely perfect together, one of the best duo's in movie history, and that's no overstatement.
  68. JamieC.
    Mar 6, 2007
    This moive is amazing! It combines deep thought with a crazy story.
  69. NeilL.
    Mar 8, 2008
    Those people who rate this as crap probably gave movies like starship troopers a perfect 10. this is not one of those movies that you watch once. Every Tarantino movie that I saw was different. Everytime you watch it, you will notice something that you havents seen the first time. Pulp Fiction is deffinately the best movie of all time.
  70. Alex
    Aug 9, 2008
    Absolutely thrilling. One of those movies that you just want the scenes to keep going, even after you've finished the movie.
  71. Ali
    Sep 21, 2009
    One of the best movie i've ever seen.
  72. davidp
    Jan 4, 2010
    One of the key films of modern cinema. Still as fresh as the day it came out, but Quentin never equaled it in subsequent films, though he still has his moments.
  73. JamesT.
    Dec 4, 2002
    A bad ass mother of all films, samuel'l rocks, travolta's smooth and bruce is bruce (awesome)!!!
  74. Albundy
    Feb 10, 2002
    One of the greatest films ever made.
  75. Dagney
    Feb 13, 2002
    Good Christ. Don't know if I got it entirely the first time (I was 14), but the second time was definitely the charm. Hilarious, tragic, cold, compassionate, sick and oddly human, this is a FILM. Don't think "Titanic" or "Gladiator", or for that matter even the wonderful "Forrest Gump," because this movie is a formal breakthrough like none of those Oscar winners could be. Think Good Christ. Don't know if I got it entirely the first time (I was 14), but the second time was definitely the charm. Hilarious, tragic, cold, compassionate, sick and oddly human, this is a FILM. Don't think "Titanic" or "Gladiator", or for that matter even the wonderful "Forrest Gump," because this movie is a formal breakthrough like none of those Oscar winners could be. Think "The Godfather." Think "2001". This movie is a classic. Expand
  76. JackMoviegoer
    May 6, 2002
    Sean W. would not know a good movie if it hit him in the face and wiggled. He probably loves the Russia House or Ishtar. WATCH THIS MOVIE.
  77. RossW.
    Jun 16, 2002
    This movie is a classic. Sean W's favorite movie is probaly battlefield earth.
  78. BadM.
    Aug 16, 2002
    A true modern masterpiece in all of it's lovely horror and perversion. Greatest Film of the 90's!
  79. JohnnyBlaze
    Nov 29, 2003
    One of the best pieces of American pop culture ever crafted. Anyone who has a problem with the subject matter of this movie needs to lighten up, get out and get a life. Pulp Fiction is an incredible, original, stylish film which explores great dialogue, interesting characters, with intriguing scenarios. It's one of those movies that leaves you with unforgettable moments. It's One of the best pieces of American pop culture ever crafted. Anyone who has a problem with the subject matter of this movie needs to lighten up, get out and get a life. Pulp Fiction is an incredible, original, stylish film which explores great dialogue, interesting characters, with intriguing scenarios. It's one of those movies that leaves you with unforgettable moments. It's ferocious fun... Isn't that what movies are SUPPOSED to be all about?? Expand
  80. GilbertMulroneycakesAgain,Sorry
    Dec 18, 2003
    Sorry to come back again, but Gordon's given me a lot of thought with his slightly epic review thing. He's gone and got me thinking about subjective realities there - for example: "One reviewer mentioned the "right balance between tension and black comedy" in Uma Thurman's overdose scene" That'd be me then. But he goes on to say: "But, what balance? Braindead Sorry to come back again, but Gordon's given me a lot of thought with his slightly epic review thing. He's gone and got me thinking about subjective realities there - for example: "One reviewer mentioned the "right balance between tension and black comedy" in Uma Thurman's overdose scene" That'd be me then. But he goes on to say: "But, what balance? Braindead indifference pervades the entire scene, as though stupid laughter and infantile apathy were the highest forms of human expression." Now, unless there's two films doing the rounds called "Pulp Fiction", something's a bit odd there. Because I saw the same scene as him and I got tension and black comedy. He got indifference and blank-eyed contempt. "Black humor can have a point but context is everything." Damn straight, and I like Pulp Fiction's grasp of that. But Gordon, now he can't find it. Again with the odd. "Pulp Fiction, on the other hand, is far too graphic to be dismissed as a cartoon" - thank God - "and far too infantile to take seriously," - once more with the me not seeing the same things; I saw a very grown-up film when I saw Pul Fiction, not one "offending without purpose" - offending isn't even in it. Then we come to "Yet, Tarantino gives Jackson the bully pulpit upon which to spew his mostly insane--albeit cleverly written--vomit, which we in the audience are supposed to behold as some higher, magnificent, and original form of hipsterish wisdom combining timeless truths of the Scriptures with the nihilistic cool of the gangsta." The problem here is that word "supposed". You, Gordon, THINK we were supposed to get all that out of it. I THOUGHT we were getting Jools' redemption - and I am assuming you're talking about the scene in the café at the end, where he recites it calmly to Tim Roth and actually, for the first time, thinks about what it means. I ask for clarification because I hate to think you've put so much effort into analysing him shouting it to people he's about to kill - which is signifying of nothing so much as Jools being scary as part of his job. Oh, and don't call it vomit, because it's childish. Glib labelling is the curse of modern criticism. Still, it's just that once so I'll let you off. But anyway, that whole subjective realities thing - you looked at Pulp Fiction and saw "Tarantino's addlebrained, infantile piggybackriding on the shoulders of inhumanity." You saw "a movie that glibly takes pleasure in people as morons mangling one another". You saw a movie that pushed a lot of your buttons. I saw a brilliantly crafted, constructed and acted piece of pure cinema, because I wasn't looking at the violence. I don't mean to criticise because you were, however - the violence and unpleasantness was obviously too much for you to see beyond, and that's fair enough. But it's also Your Problem, and one that's blinded you to the undeniable and inherent merits of the movie. Personally, I don't think it was taking pleasure in Marvin's head exploding, and if the characters were making jokes about "nigger's brains on my windshield" they completely passed me by because they seemed to be taking the situation deadly seriously to me. If he was making the film you describe, Gordon, QT wouldn't have bothered with the conversation about the hamburgers or foot massages, or the lady contemplating having a pot belly. If he was following through with the mean-spirited film you saw, he wouldn't have put the dialogue in, he would have gone straight to Marvin's Head. There's a film came out a year or two later called "Frogs For Snakes". It's about Barbara Herschey quoting film lines and shooting people for 90 minutes. It looks to me a lot like Pulp Fiction looks to you. The film takes no pleasure in the events, but it takes pleasure in the people caught up in them. That's enough for me; it's not enough for you. It doesn't make it any less one of the best films of the last ten years. And it doesn't make QT an "accomplice of schoolboy louts and retards". There really isn't any need for that. QT made a film you don't like, he didn't insult your mother. Oh, and again with the use of "retard" as perjorative. Won't have it in the house. Anyway, as far as I can tell, Pulp Fiction is indeed still a masterpiece, and always will be one - if you can see past the unpleasantness to the very real soul of the enterprise. If you can't, fair enough, but that's not QT's fault. Sorry. Expand
  81. ANightmareOfGhoulishMulroneycakes
    Oct 31, 2003
    [***Spoilers As Well, Probably...but then, if you haven't yet seen it, why on earth not? Shame on you.***] No, Yoon Min Cho, you DON'T get it. You miss the point completely. I have no idea what film he (I assume, from the Erin Brockovich review he wrote, that he's a 'he') saw, but the one I saw wasn't all that violent. Really. Not for looking, anyway; [***Spoilers As Well, Probably...but then, if you haven't yet seen it, why on earth not? Shame on you.***] No, Yoon Min Cho, you DON'T get it. You miss the point completely. I have no idea what film he (I assume, from the Erin Brockovich review he wrote, that he's a 'he') saw, but the one I saw wasn't all that violent. Really. Not for looking, anyway; violence happens, but not often in full view of the audience. You think you see more than you do see. You don't see the guy being slashed with a sword. You get a big before and a few seconds worth of after, and you think you got everything. You don't see Marvin's head burst. QT knows that would break the film altogether, so there's a shocking explosion of quite a lot of blood that takes a second or two, long enough that you think you saw what happened. But you didn't. Maybe if you got off the moral high ground and just watched the film, without the Daily Mail factor, you'd enjoy it more. Sorry to be harsh, but any review whining about violence misses the point so completely it's almost worthy of praise. The famous waking-up-Uma-Thurman scene, for example, flirts with tastelessness, but just about manages to strike the right balance between tension and black comedy by meticulously setting up the situation and characters ages beforehand. That's skill, right there. But YMC, it seems, didn't notice the skill, because he was too busy being ticking things off on his "violent bit scorecard". He probably wasn't even listening to the asbolutely magnificent dialogue because oh my God, it's sick and wrong. In fact, he can't have been, because he completely missed the significance of the Bible misquote. Unless he got up and left before the end of the film, as seems likely. Ugly as filmmaking? Not here, mate. As for being offensive as moralizing, I suppose it would be, if it was intended as such. But - here's the thing - it isn't. Yoon Min Cho, with the greatest of respect - because to my mind you've posted some of the most interesting and intelligent reviews elsewhere on this site - take a look around you. See all those trees? There's a wood there somewhere, if you care to look for it. With that review you give yourself a 2 rating, not the film. The film - just to stray onto the percieved topic - is a masterpiece. A masterpiece with swearing and blood, but if that makes a difference to you, don't watch the thing. And don't blame QT when you don't like it. If it's anyone's fault - and it really isn't - it's yours. Don't compare it to dogfighting, for heaven's sake - it really is just a movie. Oh, and don't claim the moral high ground and then use the word "retard" as a perjorative. Not funny. Expand
  82. JeroenvanderMeer
    May 28, 2003
    Just one word: "Masterpiece."
  83. SamL.
    Jul 11, 2003
    One of the best movies EVER!
  84. OmuhD.
    Jul 29, 2003
    THIS MOVIE ROXX.
  85. ChrisI.
    Aug 5, 2003
    This is one of the greatest movies of all time. You can watch it as many times as you want and the quality never lowers. This is one hell of a film.
  86. KeithE.
    Sep 19, 2003
    This is one of the greatest films of the last 15 years. I read a few responses that were negative towards the film. These Tarantino haters claimed that the characters in Pulp Ficiton lacked character. Please!!!! In what other film can you see two characters having a conversation about McDonalds and be entertained by it. All of the characters were deeper than the criticizers give them This is one of the greatest films of the last 15 years. I read a few responses that were negative towards the film. These Tarantino haters claimed that the characters in Pulp Ficiton lacked character. Please!!!! In what other film can you see two characters having a conversation about McDonalds and be entertained by it. All of the characters were deeper than the criticizers give them credit for (maybe you need to open your minds and watch it again!). That Tarantino simply pieced the movie together is wrong. Each scene compliments the last until the beginning is the end.... Great movie, watch it twenty times and you still won't completely get it. Expand
  87. fabio
    Nov 29, 2004
    One of my favourites' all time movies. wonderful story/script/direction by QT, great cast, great acting, fun, violence, dialogues that will remain impressed in your mind.
  88. D.Rock
    Apr 15, 2004
    Anybody posting a score in a red box should remove their head from their ass before using their keyboard. I suppose they enjoyed "Forrest Gump."
  89. PeterP.
    Apr 9, 2004
    This was a pretty good movie, it's a lot like speed but in a subway. The main leads are really good.
  90. Flat23
    May 29, 2004
    Okay, so some people didn't like it, but 0 points is a bit harsh! Not saying it is the best movie of all time but it is surely VERY close! Personally i loved the film for start to finish...
  91. AndrewM.
    May 4, 2004
    Not for everyone but for those who can stomach it, this is great entertainment! Funny, weird and never dull. It's pulp, it's fiction, it's bloody claptrap! And it's great. (p.s. Gordon and Gilbert, no one can ever accuse you guys of not having opinions. Your reviews take longer to read than it does to watch the damn film!)
  92. Wongit
    Aug 4, 2004
    The best movie ever. simply stunning, great acting, dialogue thats tottaly belieavable, great cast, hillaious, violent. magnificent.
  93. CarlL.
    Jan 19, 2005
    Absolutly brilliant a must see tarentino RULES!
  94. MartinC.
    Dec 5, 2005
    Best film i have ever watched.
  95. KurtP.
    Feb 13, 2005
    Without doubt the most original film of the 90s, Tarantino's perverse profundity will resonate with the media savvy and satisfy the most caustic of critics.
  96. Albundy
    Feb 23, 2006
    One of the greatest films ever made.
  97. LuiggiR.
    Mar 31, 2006
    The greatest movie of all-time. An all star cast, interesting plot, and great director. Wht more can you ask for? If you haven't seen it, watch this movie. Pulp Function is wicked fun ans suspenseful. Greatest movie ever.
  98. Mr.Hankey
    Apr 16, 2006
    Funny, Cruel , Unusual and Crazy sum up what Pulp Fiction really is. It is a mess of creative and experimentalism that works so well that you just have to love it. Coming out in ' 94 two years after Reservoir Dogs Tarantino's debut. Pulp Fiction stands as one of the best of the 90's if not the best. It was even featured in AFI's top 100 movies and was a critically Funny, Cruel , Unusual and Crazy sum up what Pulp Fiction really is. It is a mess of creative and experimentalism that works so well that you just have to love it. Coming out in ' 94 two years after Reservoir Dogs Tarantino's debut. Pulp Fiction stands as one of the best of the 90's if not the best. It was even featured in AFI's top 100 movies and was a critically acclaimed film. Quentin Tarantino does a splendid job with this interesting and genuine flick but all you can remember after the movie are the wise words of the bible (Ezekiel) that Samuel L. Jackson repeats every time he is about to kill someone. The movie clashes together brilliantly and holds together till the end strong. If you have a large problem with violence on screen I suggest you stay away but remember you may be missing the best films of this time. Expand
  99. julesw.
    Apr 28, 2006
    Best movie of all time.
  100. JohnN.
    May 24, 2006
    This is the best movie of all time. No Questions asked.

The experience overall is like laughing down a gun barrel, a little bit tiring, a lot sick and maybe far too perverse for less jaded moviegoers.
  2. But the way that this picture has been so widely ravened up and drooled over verges on the disgusting. Pulp Fiction nourishes, abets, cultural slumming. [14 Nov 1994]
  3. Pulp Fiction isn't just funny. It's outrageously funny. [14 Oct 1994]