9.0

1. Nov 12, 2013
    Pulp Fiction reaches near perfection.
    A crime drama woven from multiple interlocking stories creating an unpredictable slew of comical, action packed and entertaining dialogue and plot twists. A masterpiece of a film.
  2. Dec 1, 2013
    "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!"

Needless to say that this is the most remembered and highly praised quote that has been taken from this movie, it was truly disheartening to find out that this was not originally written in the Holy Bible, but was a combination of different verses. However, in spite of that, this is the film's only flaw. Consisting of an all-star cast including Samuel L. Jackson, John Travolta, Uma Thurman, Bruce Willis, Ving Rhymes, and none other than the zany Quentin Tarantino himself, "Pulp Fiction" is an a class all on its own, in the most positive manner. While the story is told in a non-linear fashion, Tarantino did it right, as it brings all the points and plot twists that are intertwined in the movie together in very distinct and separate parts, all the while shocking the viewer and making them wonder, "What the hell did I just see?" Top notch acting, life-long memorable quotes, and superb directing, "Pulp Fiction" is unquestionably not only Tarantino's prized possession, but a crowned jewel of cinema. 10/10

The experience overall is like laughing down a gun barrel, a little bit tiring, a lot sick and maybe far too perverse for less jaded moviegoers.
  2. But the way that this picture has been so widely ravened up and drooled over verges on the disgusting. Pulp Fiction nourishes, abets, cultural slumming. [14 Nov 1994]
  3. Pulp Fiction isn't just funny. It's outrageously funny. [14 Oct 1994]