Pulp Fiction

9.0

Universal acclaim- based on 1929 Ratings

1. Sep 27, 2011
    Quentin Tarantino's "Pulp Fiction" is not your average gangster movie where people shoot each other and do drugs. This film is about the highest level of perfection you can achieve in the category of gangster films. Led by smart, controversial directions, "Pulp Fiction" spills in racism, mistakes, faults, God, and redemption into the game of crime. It's simply astonishing to do such thing,Quentin Tarantino's "Pulp Fiction" is not your average gangster movie where people shoot each other and do drugs. This film is about the highest level of perfection you can achieve in the category of gangster films. Led by smart, controversial directions, "Pulp Fiction" spills in racism, mistakes, faults, God, and redemption into the game of crime. It's simply astonishing to do such thing, which makes the film a long living masterpiece in film history. Expand
  2. May 2, 2011
    One of the zaniest, funniest, smartest and most entertaining movies I have ever seen. One of my all time favorites as well. John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson give terrific performances.
  3. Michelep.
    Dec 20, 2006
    Best movie ever..hands down!
  4. Dec 3, 2011
    Even years after the release the movie feels fresher than many of the movies made today. Quentin Tarantino takes a story, twists it and turns, plays with our expectations and leaves us with a masterpiece.
  5. Jun 7, 2012
    Pulp Fiction may be Tarantino's best film ever. From the opening scene to the very end, there is not a single dull moment. There is always someone getting shot at , someone doing drugs or someone getting cussed at the best possible way.The starring actors do an excellent job, Which is't a surprise. The script is typical in Tarantino's style.Something to note is that the acts aren't inPulp Fiction may be Tarantino's best film ever. From the opening scene to the very end, there is not a single dull moment. There is always someone getting shot at , someone doing drugs or someone getting cussed at the best possible way.The starring actors do an excellent job, Which is't a surprise. The script is typical in Tarantino's style.Something to note is that the acts aren't in chronological order, but will still make sense Expand
  6. julesw.
    Aug 19, 2007
    Best movie of all time.
  7. ClifC.
    Mar 9, 2009
    Incredible acting (especially Travolta and Jackson), incredible stories and incredible piece of art for Pop culture! Though the end is a bit frustrating, the plot is great, really I mean it.
  8. AaronS.
    Dec 31, 2002
    When one reviews a film, they must look past what is morally incorrect or socially unacceptable and focus on the originality of the film, and the only reason this very original, extreely absorbing movie did not win the Best Picture Oscar is that Forrest Gump was just less controversial. (Albeit just as good)
  9. JasonW.
    Nov 4, 2004
    This is the most entertaining movie i've ever seen. It isn't flawless, but it's as close as i've ever seen. Tarentino goes overboard in every movie he does, but his method fits this film. Bravo! Bravo!
  10. KarstenN.
    Sep 10, 2005
    This is one of the greatest movies ever made, absolutely brilliant.
  11. Ali
    Sep 20, 2005
    One of the best movie i've ever seen.
  12. KentE.
    Apr 1, 2007
    Great movie. One of the best movies of all time. The thing that makes this movie so great is that it doesnt take itself too seriously. Yes the jokes help this movie out a lot, but who cares the jokes are classic "Royal with cheese", "Big Kahuna Burger" "La Big Mac" that opening scene of the movie is classic and probably one of the best parts of movies of all time. So many classic lines Great movie. One of the best movies of all time. The thing that makes this movie so great is that it doesnt take itself too seriously. Yes the jokes help this movie out a lot, but who cares the jokes are classic "Royal with cheese", "Big Kahuna Burger" "La Big Mac" that opening scene of the movie is classic and probably one of the best parts of movies of all time. So many classic lines from this movie and its also well acted and directed. Its a crazy movie, that doesnt make sense, but it doesnt try too, and for those of you who say its too long, go watch a Disney movie or one the horror movies out there today, maybe their more your type of movie, you dont have to think as long. Expand
  13. TroyP.
    Oct 17, 2008
    Funny and entertaining from beginning to end. Amazing script and great acting.
  14. DaveF
    Sep 19, 2008
    The finest thing to come out of America period. the only let down is that i will never be able to watch it again for the first time and have that feeling i had when the credits rolled and i was sat there mouth agape unable to take in the awesomeness of what i had just seen. i think its safe to say its without any doubt the best film ever made by some considerable margin.
  15. NinjaMafia
    Feb 11, 2004
    I finally saw this movie after seemingly thousands of years. I actually saw Kill Bill before this movie so I was having high hopes that Quinten would pull of another masterpeice, and my hopes were met. The movie characters were witty and realistic. Some scenes(the gun accidently going off) were the most hilarious things I have ever seen. Sharp dialogue, clever editing. There just I finally saw this movie after seemingly thousands of years. I actually saw Kill Bill before this movie so I was having high hopes that Quinten would pull of another masterpeice, and my hopes were met. The movie characters were witty and realistic. Some scenes(the gun accidently going off) were the most hilarious things I have ever seen. Sharp dialogue, clever editing. There just isn't alot this movie has going against it, besides the fact that there is no real strong storyline going for it. But that is where the beauty of the film lies, it just feels like we are actually following these guys around on one of their, most likely, not so better days. Does life itselfs have a grand storyline that we all need to follow out? No, and neither does this movie, making it all the more better. The dialogue is also perfect. The hamburger conversation feels like a conversation you would find me and my friends having on a normal day. The only complaint I have about this film is that the second chapter, with the boxer, seemed a bit out of place with the other two chapters. Maybe if they threw in a bit more of Vincent or Jools into the chapter it would have fit in a bit better. With that minor Quipe aside, Pulp Fiction is a movie that is more than just a movie you need to see, you have to see this film or forever be haunted by the awesome that got away. Expand
  16. JamesM
    Nov 19, 2005
    About as perfect as a film will ever get. See it.
  17. NickyE.
    Sep 14, 2005
    [sarcasm] Max W, you seem smart. I like smart people. You should tell the world about Tarantino's crappy ideas and the then REDO Pulp Fiction with your amazing filmmaking skills. I'm sure we would all be pleased with the results. [/sarcasm] But, seriously, this movie is great - if you don't get it... move to Canada (or something like that).
  18. DavidP.
    Sep 21, 2007
    Brilliantly entertaining. This was the movie that revitalized American cinema in the mid 1990s... though it would have been nice if other directors took his example for inspiration rather than just becoming copycats. This is the 10 in Tarantino's repertoire... nothing before or since has been better than an 8.
  19. WesE.
    Nov 15, 2005
    Easily one of the best, most finely-crafted films ever. The only movie that could ever reach the cinematic brilliance of Pulp Fiction was Wizard of Oz, more than 70 years ago.
  20. Dec 20, 2011
    I seriously don't know what to say about this film. It was mind blowing. It was very well written. I loved the dialogue especially the beginning scene in the dinner with Tim Roth. The best part of the film has to be the directing. With Quentin Tarantino there's no way that it's sucks. The stories of different people connecting simultaneously has been bone before but not as good as thisI seriously don't know what to say about this film. It was mind blowing. It was very well written. I loved the dialogue especially the beginning scene in the dinner with Tim Roth. The best part of the film has to be the directing. With Quentin Tarantino there's no way that it's sucks. The stories of different people connecting simultaneously has been bone before but not as good as this masterpiece. John Travolta dying at the middle of the film and walking out of the dinner at the end was very well planed out. This film doesn't even fallow the same time period. Don't forget about the violence. It was very violent and bloody. This film deserved to win best picture at Oscars over Forrest Gump. I don't have much else to say so what are you still doing here. If you haven't seen the movie go see it and if you have seen it go see it again. Expand
  21. May 6, 2012
    The greatest film ever made. Dialogue in the film is perfect, brilliantly written by Tarantino.

A superb performance from John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson.
  22. Jun 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Pulp Fiction, probably one of the most memorable movies I have seen. From beginning to end this movie has you glued to you're seat wondering what crazy adventure the characters are going to have next. Not recommended for the whole family but it is a good movie overall to watch. Expand
  23. Apr 18, 2013
    Having proven to be a consumate director with "Reservoir Dogs", Tarantino delivers his magnum opus with "Pulp Fiction". At once brutal, disturbing, and comedic, this classic is actually three separate films melded into one, and the product is one hell of a scintillating experience.
  24. Nov 25, 2013
    An instant classic. Ripe with witticisms and sharp retorts. This is the only instance I actually liked haphazard storytelling, because it actually succeeded in evoking certain feelings, where some of the characters were alive in some story lines and dead in the other, and this made you think what it would have been like if these characters had gotten out in time.

There were long

There were long portions of dialogue dedicated solely to humour, and others to theological and philosophical discussions. There are three stories running in parallel, which often come into contact with the others without affecting them, and are told in a non-linear way.

Among Tarantino's films, I believe it's second only to Django Unchained, which was much more coherent and awe-inspiring, albeit with seemingly unnecessary bloody violence and an inflated running time.
  25. Mar 9, 2013
    An oustanding and strongly built film, Tarantino sets loose one of the best plots of all time not to mention suceeding in showing strong performances by your every day actors Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta who usually lag behind in other films. Pulp Fiction is possibly the strongest and most powerful Tarantino movie besides Inglourious Basterds{read my review for Inglourious BasterdsAn oustanding and strongly built film, Tarantino sets loose one of the best plots of all time not to mention suceeding in showing strong performances by your every day actors Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta who usually lag behind in other films. Pulp Fiction is possibly the strongest and most powerful Tarantino movie besides Inglourious Basterds{read my review for Inglourious Basterds to find out what I said}. Expand
  26. Sep 25, 2013
    I'd seen the first Kill Bill, Inglorious Basterds, Django Unchained and Reservoir Dogs before this. I'd thought some of those were pretty damn good so coming into this I thought "alright Tarantino... show me your best". and surprisingly it delivered. There's so much you can talk about with this film but a lot of it you've probably already heard. It's probably best not to overhype itI'd seen the first Kill Bill, Inglorious Basterds, Django Unchained and Reservoir Dogs before this. I'd thought some of those were pretty damn good so coming into this I thought "alright Tarantino... show me your best". and surprisingly it delivered. There's so much you can talk about with this film but a lot of it you've probably already heard. It's probably best not to overhype it because overhyping films can turn masterpieces into mediocre films. My advice is it's a must watch. Expand
  27. Oct 8, 2013
    My favorite movie of all time! This movie is fun and engaging to the core. The dialogue in this movie is the best example of Tarantino's writing ability. Every character feels genuine and has interesting things to say in interesting ways. Plus the dark comedy that is entwined into the whole movie is simply wonderful.
  28. Nov 23, 2013
    Quentin Tarantino is absolutely a genius and this movie proves how is this geniality,an outstanding movie with an non-linear story is great,some movies would serve this movie as an example.
  29. Jul 10, 2014
    Quentin Tarantino in my opinion is one of the best Director right in the movie scene. Now this Movie is my favorite movie of all time nothing wrong with this film expect is does drag in some parts in this movie like The Watch with Bruce Willis kinda drag in till the end but everything to this film is amazing story, Characters, and the and the only the best speech i have heard in cinemaQuentin Tarantino in my opinion is one of the best Director right in the movie scene. Now this Movie is my favorite movie of all time nothing wrong with this film expect is does drag in some parts in this movie like The Watch with Bruce Willis kinda drag in till the end but everything to this film is amazing story, Characters, and the and the only the best speech i have heard in cinema that why this film deserve what I give it Expand
  30. Apr 12, 2015
    An explosive paradiso collage of a non-linear storytelling Quentin Tarantino really musters out the best of himself in this violent tale of black comedy, bizarre situations, profanity, crime, and religious redemption, a superb LA Pulp Crime Novel styled sandwich that is as colorful as the first time it was made.

The experience overall is like laughing down a gun barrel, a little bit tiring, a lot sick and maybe far too perverse for less jaded moviegoers.
  2. The New Republic
    Reviewed by: Stanley Kauffmann
    But the way that this picture has been so widely ravened up and drooled over verges on the disgusting. Pulp Fiction nourishes, abets, cultural slumming. [14 Nov 1994]
  3. Chicago Tribune