Miramax Films | Release Date: October 14, 1994
Universal acclaim based on 2288 Ratings
2,152
WATCH NOW
coolSERAZJul 17, 2017
Immensely entertaining, rewatchable and set the template for crime comedies. Surprisingly idealistic for a movie with so much violence, profanity and interesting but morally dubious characters.
alejandro970Jul 2, 2017
Criminals history made in the form of puzzle. Full of witt dialogues, cultural references and quotes that are too many to choose which is the best. For own merits a cult, iconic movie of 90s.
JackTormentor54Jun 24, 2017
This movie is the absolute waste of time! All the time just "blah, blah ..." and without any particular meaning. I understood almost the deepest meaning of this film, but I can not say that I found some high importance...

I wonder why this

I wonder why this film has so much high score in I.M.D.B. and Metacritic.
VirgonoShakaJun 18, 2017
This movie encompasses everything that has become Tarantino's style: the chapter style story line, the memorable soundtracks, the incredible quotes, the memorable characters and moments, and the brutal and funny way to his violence. So inThis movie encompasses everything that has become Tarantino's style: the chapter style story line, the memorable soundtracks, the incredible quotes, the memorable characters and moments, and the brutal and funny way to his violence. So in that part I can definitely say that this is a great Tarantino movie, with everything it comes in the package. For the brightest things obviously are Samuel L. Jackson's character which not only steals the movie, but is one of those "greatest quotable performances" ever, seriously, every line his character comes out of is quotable and I have heard it dozens of times even before seeing this movie. On the bad side, I have to say that the second chapter is not as good as the others (maybe a lack of Samuel?) although good nevertheless, and while the soundtrack is good, I can't say is as par as the best ones that Tarantino movies have. All in all, a definitely enjoyable, interesting, and memorable experience that can be recommended to movie fans everywhere, although be warned, that if Tarantino is not your schtick, well, this is not going to be any different in that aspect. This movie is definitely doesn't look like a @%$/. Final verdict: 8.8 Expand
DirectorCriticsJun 6, 2017
This movie is just perfect, i so **** great, i can´t see something bad with this, i love it, i love the soundtrack, i love the cast, i love the script, i **** love this movie!
shod3030Jun 5, 2017
Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson) and Vincent Vega (John Travolta) are two hit men who are out to retrieve a suitcase stolen from their employer, mob boss Marsellus Wallace (Ving Rhames). Wallace has also asked Vincent to take his wife MiaJules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson) and Vincent Vega (John Travolta) are two hit men who are out to retrieve a suitcase stolen from their employer, mob boss Marsellus Wallace (Ving Rhames). Wallace has also asked Vincent to take his wife Mia (Uma Thurman) out a few days later when Wallace himself will be out of town. Butch Coolidge (Bruce Willis) is an aging boxer who is paid by Wallace to lose his fight. The lives of these seemingly unrelated people are woven together comprising of a series of funny, bizarre and uncalled-for incidents. Expand
FarhanFirozMay 10, 2017
pulp fiction is definitely one of the greatest movies of all time.
The way how Tarintino Structured the movie is what it makes it special.
The movie has outstanding performances from pretty much the whole cast and its gruesome use of violence
pulp fiction is definitely one of the greatest movies of all time.
The way how Tarintino Structured the movie is what it makes it special.
The movie has outstanding performances from pretty much the whole cast and its
gruesome use of violence and profanity is what makes it special with a bit of
humor mixed into it. The cinematography and editing is really distinct and unique than of other movies. This is a film that every aspiring film maker needs to see.
maAssassinMay 5, 2017
Just absolutely **** good. Thanks to Quentin Tarantino.. and also thanks to John Travolta, Samuel L Jackson, Uma Thurman and our pumpkin head Bruce Willis :) also : you can find great filming technics in this film. have fun !
MariololXDApr 30, 2017
This movie is a masterpiece. I love how quentin tarantino transforms a situation that in real life would be considered terrible into a very funny scene. The 3 stories that Tarantino wrote together make an amazing plot. Probably the best movieThis movie is a masterpiece. I love how quentin tarantino transforms a situation that in real life would be considered terrible into a very funny scene. The 3 stories that Tarantino wrote together make an amazing plot. Probably the best movie ever made. Expand
daviddelnorte23Apr 1, 2017
'Pulp Fiction', ¡Porqué no he visto esta película antes! Eso es lo que dije cuando acabé de ver esta maravilla de Quentin Tarantino. Si. Y es que 'Pulp Fiction' se ha convertido en una de mis películas favoritas de siempre.

En primer lugar,

En primer lugar, los diálogos, son increíbles. Están cargados de humor negro, inteligencia y sátira hacía todo.

Los personajes son inolvidables cada uno tiene su momento de gloria y tardaré tiempo en olvidarlos.

Es burra y tiene h**** de principio a fin, con unas situaciones de las más normales hasta lo más desternillante que he visto en mucho tiempo. Genial. Y con una manera de contar la historia 100% Tarantino.

En conclusión, para mí es una obra maestra del cine. Y sí me mojo. Momento favorito de la película, escena de la pareja Travolta - Uma Thurman. Y los momentos de Thurman en general no pueden ser más míticos. Los dos bailes... Un 10.
wrath_of_khanMar 27, 2017
A masterclass in innovative storytelling that has been replicated time and time again while never hitting the heights of Tarantino's original. One of my favorite films of all time. Its profanity-laced dialogue and laissez-faire attitudeA masterclass in innovative storytelling that has been replicated time and time again while never hitting the heights of Tarantino's original. One of my favorite films of all time. Its profanity-laced dialogue and laissez-faire attitude toward gruesome and seemingly senseless violence paints the world its characters live in--an uncaring, almost nihilistic piece that overshadows its competitors. Expand
LowMercMar 18, 2017
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm a little late reviewing this, but here we go. This is one of the examples of how a movie should entertain its audience. The movie has some flaws, I guess; but just like The Wolf of Wallstreet, you can't just get to recognize the flaws on the first run for this movie is absolutely funny, it's smart and it's gory and it deals with racism and some other factors. It again has some unnecessary vulgar language but then again it's not a problem overall. I'm giving this movie a 9 out of 10 because I enjoyed it and didn't feel like I wasted my time on "some movie". It's a masterpiece and I think I'm going to rewatch this for the rest of my life. I liked the quote in the movie about the Shepherd who leads the weak, the tyranny of evil men and the righteous man... it was the climax of the movie IMO. Everyone should watch this Bad **** Expand
shashaMar 2, 2017
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Now I refrain from taking the time and pain(as m a lazy person) of writing reviews.But this movie forced me to write one.It is touted as the best movie of Hollywood from 90's and I completely agree with that.A brilliant movie with wholesome entertainment, exceptional performances, and great dialogues from one of my favorite directors Quentin Tarantino.The best x factor of this movie the saying or the quote from The Bible which the whole movie is based upon and Mr. Tarantino who has the unique talent to make dark, sinister stuff like violence, sex, drugs, murders, and gangsters make look cool implements the logic perfectly in various situations.It is one of the rarest of rare movies ever made that makes the viewer think about the logic and gives a very satisfying feeling at the end.It gives a compelling watch and challenges your intellect and notions about right and wrong at the same time keeping you hooked & entertained at times making you Laugh uncontrollably in most unlikely situations involving blood and gore.That is the kind of glorification that makes me and other viewers like cinema or any book.But this one stands out because it delivers the intended messages fair and square from all angles and makes sure that u develop and grow personally after the last scene is rolled out.Intelligent, funny, meaningful and brilliantly logical and even spiritual to some extent.It delivers popcorn entertainment along with some humanity and hope which is rare in any movie.Be sure that this movie will give you a lot of hope in the goodness of life and satisfies both the side of the coin when it comes to following the redemption and vengeance quote of The Holy Bible.Just don't miss it!!Because movies like this come once in a decade!!And makes all the movie buffs swell with pride.!!...Just fantastic and truly entertaining.A double thumbs up!!! Expand
AlanSilverMar 19, 2017
I love everything about this movie even when I watch it today so many years after its release. It's amazing how it doesn't gets old. I would love to know what is the shiny golden thing, though :D
Benkoko11Feb 23, 2017
Pulp Fiction is both a technical masterpiece of writing and acting as well as a bonifide cultural artifact with an unmatched influence on filmmaking today.
Brovar002Feb 21, 2017
10/10. Фильм хороший пересмотрел 4 раза. Сюжет годный. Актёры харизматичные, выбраны хорошо. Вся атмосфера этих годов передаётся хорошо.
russiangamerFeb 12, 2017
Снова эти прекрасные диалоги и режиссура, а так же потрясающий звёздный состав.
Единственное, что немного расстроило - это наличие затянутых сцен. В целом же - шедевр кинематографа. Смотреть всем и каждому.
Снова эти прекрасные диалоги и режиссура, а так же потрясающий звёздный состав.
RystermanJan 30, 2017
A truly revolutionary movie for its time. Excellent structure and pacing, keeping the movie consistently fresh and captivating, beautifully complemented with dynamic and surreal characters (all of which are performed incredibly well) alongA truly revolutionary movie for its time. Excellent structure and pacing, keeping the movie consistently fresh and captivating, beautifully complemented with dynamic and surreal characters (all of which are performed incredibly well) along with the expected extreme violence. Tarantino's finest work, a flawless cult-classic. Expand
MetaflixJan 19, 2017
It's a shame that the phrase 'tour de force' has been used so frequently--and frivolously--with regard to movie reviews, because that's undoubtedly the best way to characterize Quentin Tarantino's second feature film. Few other movies inIt's a shame that the phrase 'tour de force' has been used so frequently--and frivolously--with regard to movie reviews, because that's undoubtedly the best way to characterize Quentin Tarantino's second feature film. Few other movies in recent history have been so bold, so provocative, and so compelling. It's a true masterpiece in which Tarantino absolutely demolishes the auspices of a sophomore slump. Expand
Cameronius_113Jan 15, 2017
Pulp Fiction was released in 1994 and was directed by Quentin Tarantino. The movie is basically about two hitmen, a boxer and a mob boss and his wife and how their stories which seem completely unrelated at first intertwine with each other.Pulp Fiction was released in 1994 and was directed by Quentin Tarantino. The movie is basically about two hitmen, a boxer and a mob boss and his wife and how their stories which seem completely unrelated at first intertwine with each other. It's quite a clever and original concept.
The movie has a unique style to it which I haven't seen in any other movie which makes a very unique experience. This was apparently based off of pulp magazines which would contain the kind of style this movie has. I honestly can't think of the words to describe the style but I can say it isn't very serious and feels intentionally unrealistic. It's also split up into many different segments to tell each seperate story which is also something I haven't seen before and also adds to the kind of 'comical' feel but not in the 'over-the-top' sense.
The acting is absolutely great and every actor gives a great performance, all of which feel so natural and unscripted. Even actors who have a short time on-screen like Christopher Walken leave a memorable impact.
This is probably the best-written movie I have seen so far. The writing is just so clever and adds to how natural the acting is by giving a naturally-written script. It also makes entertainment out of things that may seem strange at first but prove to be extremely effective (for example making a scene talking about hamburgers and drinks). Another thing is that whenever a character makes a point, it's always true which shows how well-written these characters are. There's also a great deal of humour and I found myself laughing a good number of times.
This has got to be one of the most quotable movies ever. It just goes to show how great the script is; almost every single line in this film is quotable.
The movie isn't in chronological order but the weird thing is that it works better like that. I find that this is because as you go along you see how these stories connect with each other and how all the dots join up which makes a much better experience than just showing how everything works at the start and thus removing a lot of the excitement from the rest of the film.
Overall, I absolutely loved this film and this is now one of my favourite movies. The acting was great, the writing was amazing and the style to it is very unique and original and makes for an extremely entertaining watch. I would highly recommend this film.
8.8/10
Meth-dudeJan 8, 2017
Undoubtedly a classic, Pulp Fiction is well acted, well executed, well made and the movie was definitely interesting. It might have been too long for it's own good, but it's still a pretty good movie.
shiftworkerNov 30, 2016
Crime. Closely shot, sharply scripted gangster tale. The scenes appear only lightly linked, partly because each are so strong in themselves, and partly because they are steadily drow together. Watching this is sheer luxury, like the smoothestCrime. Closely shot, sharply scripted gangster tale. The scenes appear only lightly linked, partly because each are so strong in themselves, and partly because they are steadily drow together. Watching this is sheer luxury, like the smoothest milk chocolate, it leaves me feeling spoilt but wanting more. Mmmm. Expand
ElmacroNov 29, 2016
La obra maestra definitiva de Tarantino, con esta película se posiciono entre los mejores directores y guionistas de los últimos 20 años dando a luz una historia bastante fresca y con personajes bastante entrañables.
Wheaty-LeavesSep 30, 2016
Quentin Tarantino has perfectly created a film with a non-linear progression that fits so perfectly together that the transmission between events is seamless. The acting in this film is of an extremely high level and the characters portrayQuentin Tarantino has perfectly created a film with a non-linear progression that fits so perfectly together that the transmission between events is seamless. The acting in this film is of an extremely high level and the characters portray the emotions and attitudes of being on edge perfectly. The script is well written making the duologues between John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson some of the most believable I've ever seen in film. Expand
GerardistheWayAug 23, 2016
There are not many movies to which I would award a perfect score. This, my favorite film both by writer-director Quentin Tarantino and of all time, is one of them.

The story is so scattershot and disassembled that it's difficult to give an

The story is so scattershot and disassembled that it's difficult to give an accurate summary, but I'll see if I can. Here goes: burger-loving, philosophical hit man Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson) and his heroin-addicted partner Vincent Vega (John Travolta) spend their days carrying out odd jobs for their gangster boss Marsellus Wallace (Ving Rhames), whether it be taking the big man's wife (Uma Thurman) out for dinner or shooting traitorous business partners (intentionally or not). One such treacherous individual is Butch Coolidge (Bruce Willis), an aging boxer planning on making a grand exit from the sport, but risks Wallace's wrath in doing so. There are a few side plots that resolve themselves fairly quickly (i.e. a pair of robbers holding up a restaurant due to the supposed lesser risks, as well as a pawn shop owner and security guard into a rather unusual form of S&M), and the action that occurs over the course of three days in LA will surprise, disgust, delight, and amuse in equal measure.

What's most interesting about Tarantino's movie is the amount of time devoted to character dialogue, whether it be conversations or monologues, and indeed the most interesting moments are when extended discussions on topics ranging from the legality of hash in Amsterdam to, on a more philosophical note, what it feels like to end a life and religion. The problems faced by Jules, Vincent, and Butch aren't exactly the most typical, but the air of everyday ordinariness given to them by Tarantino makes us feel like even criminals have a stressful day at work every now and again.

From a writing standpoint this movie is easily one of the finest ever produced, with each line of dialogue specifically crafted to the situation at hand and ranging from mellow and laid-back to gleefully profane. While it is most certainly a neo-noir crime drama, the film plays out much like a black/dark comedy in many places (such as when a man getting his head blown off is hilarious), providing comic relief to balance out the violence, profanity, and drug-induced antics (looking at you, Uma and Johnny) whenever they tend to become a bit overwhelming. Tarantino is not one of those cookie-cutter blockbuster writers that film schools crank out by the hundreds these days; he is a wordsmith, a vulgar poet who brings out the worst in our society and places it into his movies so we can laugh at what we've ultimately created.

The cast nails their roles to a T, whether it be Travolta (in a career-invigorating role) as the suave, hip mob enforcer who seems to like thin ties as much as his brother Vic (remember Michael Madsen, from "Reservoir Dogs"? Him.), Jackson as his more thoughtful and goal-oriented partner, Willis as the boxer with the not-so-genius ingenious plan, or Thurman as the spoiled trophy wife. Their performances help bring these characters to life in a way that we couldn't imagine if any other actor had played the part (speaking of which, Travolta was offered the title role in "Forrest Gump" before turning it down in favor of this one), to the point that some of them, especially Jackson, have become synonymous with their role and work with Tarantino. The supporting cast, ranging in star power from the legendary Cristopher Walken to Rhames as the mob boss Wallace to Eric Stoltz as Vincent's drug dealer to Tim Roth as one half of the restaurant-robbing duo, certainly don't back down in the presence of such powerful acting and bring humor or much-needed dialogue to situations that are quickly growing dull. Everyone involved in this film brought their A-game, and it makes the ride all the more enjoyable.

I've said it a million times, and I'll say it again: this film, in addition to being my favorite movie of all time, is easily one of the finest pieces of modern cinema ever produced. Tarantino, with his tightly-knit script full of razor-sharp wit, ensemble cast of talented actors, and outrageously absurd scenarios that the former group faces in pursuit of solving one of their problems, has created one of the greatest movies of all time. Tarantino is a master of his craft, and ever since my first viewing of this film any efforts of his have been first priority on my watch list. Though "Forrest Gump" is good, the loss of Best Picture by this film to the former is one of the biggest Oscar snubs in history. Watch it, and you'll understand why. 10/10
vega123Aug 19, 2016
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Pulp fiction is one of the greatest dark comedy movies i have ever seen, plus tarantino and his great way of storytelling is another factor which contributes a lot to it's cult following. There is also a lot of pop culture references in it which is pretty entertaining for any common film enthusiast. Expand
MasterRileyAug 10, 2016
Pulp Fiction is a very original idea for a film in the sense that it tells multiple disjointed stories rather than just one. It does this with incredible style through the writing, performances, action, music, editing, and cinematography thatPulp Fiction is a very original idea for a film in the sense that it tells multiple disjointed stories rather than just one. It does this with incredible style through the writing, performances, action, music, editing, and cinematography that the film becomes something truly amazing. A definite must see. Expand
vKaiJun 3, 2016
The outrageously funny dialogue of this movie is what really drives it. Quentin Tarantino writes some of the most entertaining dialogue there is to write between two characters.
Despite its over two and a half hours long run-time, Pulp
Despite its over two and a half hours long run-time, Pulp fiction does not drag in the slightest as it is basically multiple entertaining movies rolled into one with an all-star cast that perfectly fits in Tarantino's zany universe. You actually are left wanting for more as the end credits begin to roll. Even after watching the movie more than a dozen times, I still can't remember what scene comes next. However, It's non-linear narrative structure isn't what makes Pulp Fiction a near masterpiece, its true strength comes from the excitingly fresh characters and the crazy events that take place in the film. And of course, the quirky-smart dialogue. The characters in the movie are always talking yet always so interesting.
You never really think you'd enjoy a movie about the lives of two mob hit men, a boxer, a gangster's wife, and a pair of diner bandits, it all just feels so random, yet it intertwines so brilliantly. I love it.
Undoubtedly, one of the most quotable movies ever and most certainly my favourite movie of all time.
So, Pulp Fiction, 10/10? Correctamundo.
marcmyworksMay 14, 2016
A near perfect film. Though Reservoir Dogs proved Tarantino was a force to be reckoned with, Pulp Fiction will always remain his masterpiece to film critics and fans alike.
aadityamudharApr 17, 2016
Quentin Tarantino's "Pulp Fiction" is not your average gangster movie where people shoot each other and do drugs. This film is about the highest level of perfection you can achieve in the category of gangster films. Led by smart,Quentin Tarantino's "Pulp Fiction" is not your average gangster movie where people shoot each other and do drugs. This film is about the highest level of perfection you can achieve in the category of gangster films. Led by smart, controversial directions, "Pulp Fiction" spills in racism, mistakes, faults, God, and redemption into the game of crime. It's simply astonishing to do such thing, which makes the film a long living masterpiece in film history. Expand
MovieMasterEddyApr 3, 2016
“Pulp Fiction” is everything it’s said to be: brilliant and brutal, funny and exhilarating, jaw-droppingly cruel and disarmingly sweet. Quentin Tarantino, the postmodern Boy Wonder of American crass culture, for whom the only thing to fear is“Pulp Fiction” is everything it’s said to be: brilliant and brutal, funny and exhilarating, jaw-droppingly cruel and disarmingly sweet. Quentin Tarantino, the postmodern Boy Wonder of American crass culture, for whom the only thing to fear is boredom itself, has produced a work of mesmerizing entertainment. To watch this movie (whose 2 1/2 hours speed by unnoticed) is to experience a near-assault of creativity.

The multi-plot story, whose almost-Escherian design becomes apparent as the movie progresses, is too involved to outline. Essentially, the film’s a narrative circle of interconnecting, time-jumping episodes, in which various pulp-fictional gangsters, molls and palookas deal with bizarre occurrences in their lives. In the end, everything comes together in a multi-ironic Tarantino reverie. The never-a-dull-moment drama is propelled by its crazy-casting dream team: Samuel L. Jackson is unforgettable as a philosophical killer who quotes Ezekial before his ritual executions. Uma Thurman, serenely unrecognizable in a black wig, is marvelous as a zoned-out gangster’s girlfriend. Bruce Willis is a pug-faced charm as an aging boxer who refuses to throw a fight. And who knew John Travolta would produce the sweetest performance of his career as a good-natured goon?

As with his “Reservoir Dogs,” Tarantino delves into the working-stiff world of crime. For the characters in “Pulp Fiction,” killing, stealing and breaking fingers are merely occupational banalities. Partners Amanda Plummer and Tim Roth discuss whether to keep robbing liquor stores or stick up all the customers in the sandwich shop they’re eating in. (They carry on like a married couple making a mutual career decision.)

Hoodlums Travolta and Jackson—like modern-day Beckett characters—discuss foot massages, cunnilingus and cheeseburgers on their way to a routine killing job. The recently traveled Travolta informs Jackson that at the McDonald’s in Paris, the Quarter Pounder is known as “Le Royale.” However “a Big Mac’s a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.”

“Come on,” says Jackson, as they approach the room of their victims-to-be. “Let’s get into character.”

With chatty asides like these, Tarantino makes unwilling—and disconcertingly easy—conspirators of the audience, no matter how outlandish the action. In one of the movie’s most harrowing sequences, Thurman has a drug overdose and Travolta—stuck with babysitting her for his boss—has to perform improvisatory surgery. It’s horrifying and oddly funny. As Travolta and drug-dealer Eric Stoltz attempt to revive her with the help of a medical book, the movie enters some out-there combination of Sam Peckinpah-style gruesomeness and “I Love Lucy.”

Tarantino, an L.A. video store clerk-turned-auteur, was raised on filmic bloodletting. Screen violence, assimilated secondhand from such films as “Straw Dogs,” “The Godfather” and “Scarface,” is his most immediate reference point. But he transcends himself by putting brutality in quotation marks, making it traipse hand in hand with absurdity. It may be that, with “Reservoir Dogs” and “Pulp Fiction,” Tarantino has over-mined his muse. Should he make another work remotely like either film, he’ll run the risk of rendering his work commonplace. But for now, his material is witty, ironic and inspired—although the irredeemably squeamish should know to stay away. In “Pulp,” you’ll see what it is to clean up a car spattered with brain gore. But you’ll also see an amusing Harvey Keitel, as a freelance clean-up man (dressed as if for a prom) supervising the icky proceedings. In the film’s most exhilarating showpiece, Willis undergoes an extended, hair-raising suspense ride that includes sword violence, rape, gunfire and torture. After the most brutalizing experience of his life, Willis returns to his girlfriend, who promptly starts crying. Shaken beyond compare, Willis is the one who has to do the consoling.

“How was your breakfast?” he inquires, as pleasantly as he can.
MovieMasterEdMar 22, 2016
The danger of having as successful and explosive a debut as Reservoir Dogs is that expectations are invariably high - sometimes unrealistically so - for the follow up. Quentin Tarantino, however, has managed the near-impossible: improve uponThe danger of having as successful and explosive a debut as Reservoir Dogs is that expectations are invariably high - sometimes unrealistically so - for the follow up. Quentin Tarantino, however, has managed the near-impossible: improve upon the extraordinary. Pulp Fiction shows what can happen when a talented and accomplished filmmaker reaches his apex.

This film is one wild ride. An anthology of three interconnected stories that take place in a modern-day Los Angeles tinted by echoes of Dashiell Hammett and Raymond Chandler, the movie impresses in every possible way. Writer/director Tarantino has merged film noir with the gangster tale and pulled them both into the '90s. As definitive as Francis Ford Coppola's Godfather saga was for the '70s, so is Pulp Fiction for today's generation.

Pulp Fiction's three tales are structured to intersect and overlap at key points, even though they are not presented in chronological order. Tarantino arranges his initial scene to dovetail with his final one in a remarkable example of closure. Those confused by the structure will see everything clearly once the final line is spoken.

"Vincent Vega and Marsellus Wallace's Wife" is the first story. It opens with Vincent (John Travolta) and Jules (Samuel L. Jackson) out on a hit for their boss, Marsellus (Ving Rhames). Along the way, Vincent confesses that he's uneasy about an upcoming job - taking out Marsellus' young wife Mia (Uma Thurman) while the main man is out of town. The source of the nervousness lies in a story circulating that Marsellus had a man thrown out a fourth story window for giving Mia a foot massage. One wrong step and Vincent could find himself in deep trouble.

"The Gold Watch" is about a boxer, Butch (Bruce Willis), who is handsomely paid by Marsellus to throw a fight. Only at the last moment does it become more profitable to renege on the deal. So, along with his French girlfriend, Fabienne (Maria de Medeiros), Butch goes on the run, hoping to live long enough to spend some of the fortune he has suddenly gained.

"The Bonnie Situation" ties together a few loose threads. It also introduces Harvey Keitel as a suave problem-solver named Wolf and Quentin Tarantino as Jim, a man worried that his wife will come home from work to find a dead body in a blood-spattered car in his garage. Sometimes, it appears, helping out Marsellus is not without its complications.

As was the case in Reservoir Dogs, Tarantino's crisp dialogue sparkles. The vulgarity-laced monologues and conversations ripple with humor and are ripe with points to ponder. Foot massages, hamburgers, comfortable silence, a gold watch, pot bellies, divine intervention, and filthy animals - all these and more receive the writer's attention as he presents meaningless issues in an intensely-fascinating and almost lyrical fashion. Who else (except perhaps David Mamet) can make profanity sound so poetic?

For anyone who thought they knew the breadth of Bruce Willis' and John Travolta's acting ability, a surprise awaits. Whether it's an effect of the script, the direction, or something else, these two turn in surprisingly strong performances. And they're not the only ones. Uma Thurman, Rosanna Arquette, Ving Rhames, Harvey Keitel, Tim Roth, Amanda Plummer, Eric Stoltz (who has a Tarantino-related triple play with Pulp Fiction, Killing Zoe, and Sleep With Me), and the director himself are all excellent. And then there's Samuel L. Jackson, who seems to get better with every outing.

All the details are executed to perfection. Ironies abound in the smallest situations. One death is caused by, of all things, a poptart. And it takes a director of rare talent to find the comedy in so many macabre situations. This goes beyond gallows humor. Mixing the original with the derivative, Tarantino pushes Pulp Fiction in directions that are equally anticipated and unexpected.

Relentless in its pace, Pulp Fiction is as exhausting as it is exhilarating. In between all the shootings, Mexican standoffs, and other violent confrontations exist opportunities to explore various facets of the human experience, including rebirth and redemption. With this film, every layer that you peel away leads to something deeper and richer. Tarantino makes pictures for movie-lovers, and Pulp Fiction is a masterpiece.
PachekoviskMar 16, 2016
EXCELLENT
One of my favorite films and Quentin Tarantino's best.
It's one of that movies that gets better and better each time I watch it.
Adding to all that, it has one of the best screenplays ever written in my opinion.
CinemassacreMar 13, 2016
The danger of having a successful and explosive a debut as Reservoir Dogs is that expectations are invariably high - sometimes unrealistically so - for the follow up. Quentin Tarantino, however, has managed the near-impossible: improve uponThe danger of having a successful and explosive a debut as Reservoir Dogs is that expectations are invariably high - sometimes unrealistically so - for the follow up. Quentin Tarantino, however, has managed the near-impossible: improve upon the extraordinary. Pulp Fiction shows what can happen when a talented and accomplished filmmaker reaches his apex.

Bionic-barmanFeb 18, 2016
Even though I have just started writing reviews I enjoy it greatly and I just had to write my review for this absolute masterpiece. I have seen this film around 100 times (I proudly add at the cinema four times to date and ever willing toEven though I have just started writing reviews I enjoy it greatly and I just had to write my review for this absolute masterpiece. I have seen this film around 100 times (I proudly add at the cinema four times to date and ever willing to catch it on the big screen) and I have never got tired of it. The dialogue, characters, scenes, plot, just everything about this film add to create a film worthy of being my favourite film of all time. The only other film that comes close to this for me, which ticks every box when it comes to actors and script writing, is Luc Besson's Lèon: The Professional.

Every actor in this film plays their part brilliantly. All the scenes come together beautifully and I can't give this film enough praise. Me and my dad still quote this at each other every time we meet and we will be doing for many more years
EpicLadySpongeFeb 3, 2016
Watch it once... huh? Watch it twice... okay, it's somehow enjoyable. Watch it three times.... ok, now that's lovable. Watch it four times... okay, I admit it's a masterpiece. Watch it five times.... wow, enjoyable and a masterpiece. Watch itWatch it once... huh? Watch it twice... okay, it's somehow enjoyable. Watch it three times.... ok, now that's lovable. Watch it four times... okay, I admit it's a masterpiece. Watch it five times.... wow, enjoyable and a masterpiece. Watch it six or higher times, WOW! Expand
YorkManFeb 1, 2016
Pulp Fiction remains the film that QT's output will always be compared to. After Reservoir Dogs put him on the map (even if it's just an unashamed rip-off of the far better 'City on Fire'), Pulp Fiction came along a couple of years later andPulp Fiction remains the film that QT's output will always be compared to. After Reservoir Dogs put him on the map (even if it's just an unashamed rip-off of the far better 'City on Fire'), Pulp Fiction came along a couple of years later and just annihilated the idea that independent film-making was about scraping back enough profit to plough into the next project.
On a small ($8 Million) budget, it grossed over $200 Million, and cemented QT as THE director for any respectable actor to get themselves associated with.

It's hard to sit here and offer any kind of critique of the movie, it's now became so ingrained into 'pop' culture that it's more about the legacy, than the film itself. It spawned a slew of similarly styled/themed movies over the next few years, and the term 'Tarantino-esque' was invented to describe them.
The film resurrected the career of John Travolta, turned Uma Thurman into an unlikely pin-up, and showed the world what only a few people had noticed up to that point... That Samuel L. Jackson was one of the most charismatic actors of all time.
With its sequence-breaking narrative, groundbreaking usage of music, extended steadycam shots, over the top violence/profanity, drug usage, witty dialogue, brilliant direction, and enough nods to other great films of the 40's/50's and 60's to keep the most avid cinephile trying to spot references in the background of virtually every shot...
A true modern masterpiece, and worthy of a 10/10 rating.
TheMovieDoctorJan 7, 2016
Pulp (pulp) n. 1. A soft, moist, shapeless mass of matter. 2. A book containing lurid subject matter, and being characteristically printed on rough, unfinished paper.

JumpmanJan 7, 2016
Overrated for sure but undoubtedly entertaining. Tarantino is a genius he is among the top 10 filmmakers of all time and maybe the most genuine one!!!
oDjentoDec 30, 2015
I am going back and reviewing all Tarantino films i have watched in conjuction with Hateful 8 release. Pulp Fiction is one of my favourite films of all time. It combines great acting, incredible directing, elements of dark comedy, impeccableI am going back and reviewing all Tarantino films i have watched in conjuction with Hateful 8 release. Pulp Fiction is one of my favourite films of all time. It combines great acting, incredible directing, elements of dark comedy, impeccable dialogue and is shot in achronology to make this one of the most rewatchable and quotable films of all times. A cinematic achievement.
mtackett11Dec 11, 2015
I really liked this movie, even though some of the scenes don't work (the gay rape scene seems to much), but it is original and full of life. This is easily my favorite Tarantino film. Travolta and Jackson have so much fun with their roles asI really liked this movie, even though some of the scenes don't work (the gay rape scene seems to much), but it is original and full of life. This is easily my favorite Tarantino film. Travolta and Jackson have so much fun with their roles as hit man. Willis gave a powerful performance and so did Uma Thurman. The music is alive and really fits the movie.

The best part about the movie is the innovative idea of playing the end at the beginning and the beginning at the end. If this movie would have been in the hands of a lesser director, then it would have been a disaster, but Tarantino's clean editing and crisp camera work really make the movie easy to follow, so you are never lost.

The tight screenplay was brilliant and is still innovative to this day. The dialogue is sometimes a bit bland, but it more than makes up for it with lots of zany lines and memorable moments. (The quarter pounder royal is still a classic)! Even if you are not a huge Tarantino fan (like me), there is plenty of good things to like about this movie. Check it out, you might like it.
TheRoyalMelonDec 2, 2015
Great, great, great!
Awesome movie, awesome characters, awesome dialogues! Just an unforgettable movie! One of my absolute favourites and I would definitely recommend to watch it. Like, seriously, go watch it. Now!
csw12Nov 26, 2015
As quirky and surprising as a movie gets without being annoying. The one liners are priceless and this will be one of the best roller coaster rides you will have in a film
IuliaAndNov 22, 2015
Along with Reservoir Dogs I consider it one of QT's classics. It has everything it needs to have to be considered a masterpiece: humor, great acting, thoughtful message, interesting plot and, as always the directing doesn't disappoint.Along with Reservoir Dogs I consider it one of QT's classics. It has everything it needs to have to be considered a masterpiece: humor, great acting, thoughtful message, interesting plot and, as always the directing doesn't disappoint. Surprising the audience with smart dialogue, Pulp Fiction remains an exquisite movie that made its mark in the evolution of cinematography. Expand
BradySmithNov 3, 2015
It's a witty, original, funny, and very stylish movie... but it's very overrated. The things to like are the performances, memorable characters, and it's unique style, which is most apparent in the scenes inside of Mia Wallace's house. ButIt's a witty, original, funny, and very stylish movie... but it's very overrated. The things to like are the performances, memorable characters, and it's unique style, which is most apparent in the scenes inside of Mia Wallace's house. But there are patches that I didn't much care for and I've seen better crime movies. I'm sure it's not quite possible to review it objectively after 20 years of imitators and movies influenced by it without it feeling a little watered down, but I didn't quite see why so many people are in love with this movie. But I'll give it original and entertaining which are anything but undesirable traits. Expand
havingfun89Oct 3, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. How could anyone not like this movie. It has every characteristic like fantastic tilms should. Quentin Tarantino's cameo is delightful, and the ending just caps all. Pulp Fiction is like a special wallet. It is a badass **** Expand
joecool99Aug 2, 2015
BRILLIANT - just watch it - at least once in your LIFETIME. Excellent dialogs and multiple storylines. Want to see a reboot of this iconic film. ENJOY.
NShep53Aug 1, 2015
Pulp Fiction is the movie that really opened my eyes to "good" movies. Yes, before I saw Pulp Fiction, I had seen good movies, but after watching PF I understood what a good movie was and why it was good. And PF is not just good. It isPulp Fiction is the movie that really opened my eyes to "good" movies. Yes, before I saw Pulp Fiction, I had seen good movies, but after watching PF I understood what a good movie was and why it was good. And PF is not just good. It is amazing. The cast is perfect, the structure of the movie feels fresh and different. Overall, the movie is a modern masterpiece. Expand
ProctoriousJul 23, 2015
This is one of the most overrated movies ever made, I neither like this movie or think it is good or edge, people need to get over Tarantino as he is far from a good writer or director, terrible movie.
Compi24Jul 14, 2015
Quentin Tarantino effortlessly seals his fate in Hollywood history with "Pulp Fiction," a thriller with all the signature Tarantino-isms: the engrossing dialogue, the gallows humor, and - of course - the gleeful brutality.
LimGunsJul 5, 2015
Pulp Fiction is one of the best films I've ever watched. Great performances by the actors, an intriguing story, quotable lines and a unique setup still makes this film feel fresh, even after 20 years. Must watch!
ScreenJunkiesJun 25, 2015

markkermodeJun 19, 2015

The danger of having as successful and explosive a debut as Reservoir

Relentless in its pace, Pulp Fiction is as exhausting as it is exhilarating. In between all the shootings, Mexican standoffs, and other violent confrontations exist opportunities to explore various facets of the human experience, including rebirth and redemption. With this film, every layer that you peel away leads to something deeper and richer. Tarantino makes pictures for movie-lovers, and Pulp Fiction is a near-masterpiece.
DokaluJun 6, 2015
This movie is just cool. That's the perfect word to describe it: cool. Cool script, cool directing, cool Tarantino, cool story, cool action, cool acting, cool actors, cool movie.
RalfbergsJun 4, 2015
One of the best movies and one of my favorites. The movie which Tarantino got his fame with and it really is classic Tarantino movie. Contains funny scenes, graphic and bloody scenes, interesting plot and everything else to watch and enjoy a movie
Epik_NinnjaMay 23, 2015
I understand the high reviews and why this is regarded as such a classic (and I agree it's a classic) but I didn't love it like most others did. It's an episodic and eccentric film about a number of different men who somehow end up workingI understand the high reviews and why this is regarded as such a classic (and I agree it's a classic) but I didn't love it like most others did. It's an episodic and eccentric film about a number of different men who somehow end up working for this man with a bandade on his head. Either that, or he's trying to kill them. It's funny at times and just plain stylish at others. I'll admit the dialogue is good. Despite all this, it's just so eccentric sometimes that I begin to not like it as much. Also, there are some just plain boring scenes where characters talk about nothig of importance. I suppose this is part of the appeal, with its stylistic dialogue and all, but I was bored. To wrap this up, there's no doubt I like the movie but I'm afraid I can't say that I love it. Expand
TrilobiteGMay 17, 2015
This is my favourite movie of all time

This is my favourite movie of all time

Nothing beats this, not even whiplash, and that was incredible cinema. Pulp fiction is so beautifully strung together, so vulgar, so bloody and so hilarious that you'll want to re watch it over and over again. Topped off with glorified drugs is quentin tarantinos best film and it is definitely the best film I have ever seen ever.
CJFourasMay 16, 2015
Pulp Fiction.....I really can't say anything else other than: you'll either hate it, or you'll think it's the greatest film ever created. Which it is.
AwesomeRaiderMay 13, 2015
One of the Best Films of Tarantino,with a fresh actuations of Samuel L ,Travolta,Truman and Willis
a funny story like a tribute of the "Gangsters Films".
a funny story like a tribute of the "Gangsters Films".

And the most important the shocking moments that happen and the Mini-Stories to link the film

Una de las mejores Películas de Tarantino,con unas frescas actuaciones de Samuel L. Jackson ,Travolta,Truman y Willis.
Junto a una divertida historia que hace tributo a las películas de Gangsters
Y los mas importante son los momentos impactantes que ocurren y las mini-historias que poco a poco van uniendo la película
CinemaSinsMay 9, 2015

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and a finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Jules' version of Ezekiel 25:17

CinemaBlendMay 6, 2015

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities

MovieManiac83Apr 24, 2015

EddyGregsApr 19, 2015
The lives of two mob hit men, a boxer, a gangster's wife, and a pair of diner bandits intertwine in four tales of violence and redemption.

Brilliantly written and unfathomably cool, this would make a good case for most quotable crime movie of all time. On top of all that one of the best films ever made!
EdwardGregoryApr 19, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The least interesting thing about Pulp Fiction is what is in that bloody briefcase. Whether it is unlimited moolah, the soul of Crime Lord Marsellus Wallace (Ving Rhames) or the gold lame suit worn by Val Kilmer's Elvis in True Romance (1993) really misses the point of Tarantino's molotov cocktail of a picture. Making a mockery of the difficult-second-film cliche, Tarantino weaves a patchwork of crime film history into something shiny and new. Peppered with great moments eaten up by actors working at the top of their game (Travolta, Willis and Thurman have never been better, and the film created the aura of greatness that currently surrounds Jackson) Pulp's witty writing, pop culture-surfing, gleeful amorality, cult tuneology and hyperkinetic energy has redefined the crime genre for the foreseeable future.

Drawing on the compendium format of Black Mask magazine and Mario Bava's gothic flick Black Sabbath (1963) as well as the twisty-turny crime literature of Frederick Brown and Charles Willeford, Tarantino wrote Pulp on the European press push for Reservoir Dogs (1991) — hence Vincent Vega (Travolta )'s detailed knowledge of Amsterdam minutiae. As such, the film also boasts a European feel; both in specific incident — the day-in-the-life-of-a-hit-man strand acknowledges the influence of Jean-Pierre Melville's Le Samourai (1967) and the Vincent-Mia's twist has the same spirit as the impromptu dance in Jean-Luc Godard's crime flick Bande A Part (1964) — and in its rather intelligent sense of deconstructing Hollywood history.

Indeed, Pulp Fiction operates in the hinterland between reality and movie reality. Into a cadre of movie archetypes — the assassin, the mob boss, the gangster's moll, the boxer who throws a fight — Tarantino injects a reality check that is as funny as it is refreshing. Whereas most crime flicks would breeze over the rendezvous between Vincent and Mia, here we actually get to go on the date— polite chit-chat, awkward silences, bad dancing — before it spirals off into a drugged-up disaster. Just as Dogs is a heist film where you don't see the heist, Pulp is a boxer-takes-a-dive flick where you never see the bout, opting instead for conversations about muffins and Deliverance-style rape. Moreover, after Vincent and Jules take back Marsellus' briefcase, rather than cutting to a cop on their trail, we stay with them and revel in their banal banter as they dispose of a corpse (the genius of Keitel's Wolf in this effort is a moot point — how much intelligence does it take | to clean a car, then throw a rug over the back seat?)

What startled about Pulp on release was its audacious story dynamics. It was originally planned as a straight anthology flick — Tarantino's decision to cross-reference the yarns mines even more dramatic gold (i.e. the hero can get killed halfway through). While none of the stories amount to much on their own — if you told Pulp in a linearity, it would start with Vincent and Jules arriving at Brett's apartment and end with Butch and Fabienne Dooming off on Zed's chopper—in crisscrossing the exposition, Tarantino forges hooks of expectation and curiosity that pay off one by one in satisfying ways.

Through its tricksy plot structure, very few films capture such a rich sense of an interconnected crime community. Of course, this extends even beyond the parameters of the film itself to Tarantino's other movies — that Vincent Vega has a brother better known as Mr. Blonde hints at a whole nexus of underworld activity — and to the whole crime genre itself. As Butch kills Maynard, Marsellus Wallace warns Zed he's going to get some henchman, "To go to work with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch." In Charley Varrick (1973), a character named Maynard warns a bank manager about the very same method of torture.

While all the plaudits may have gone to Tarantino's killer dialogue — it's appeared everywhere from parody Plump Fiction to the Fun Lovin' Criminals' hit Scooby Snacks — Pulp is an equally stimulating visual experience. From the eyeful of Jackrabbit Slims to the magical square Mia draws to underline Vincent's geekiness to Andrzej Sekula's glossy, wide angled image-crafting, the look of Pulp is equally as imaginative without ever calling attention to itself.

More protean than Dogs, more fun than Jackie Brown, Pulp is so perfectly wrought it makes you forgive the crimes against cinema that Tarantino has perpetrated with his acting. Three great movies for the pries of one, the anaemic rip-offs that have followed have only served to sharpen its greatness. Besides, how could you not love a movie where a character called Antwan Rockamora is constantly referred to as Tony Rocky Horror?
solomsApr 17, 2015
Another boring movie by Quentin Tarantino. I like the fact that the movie have a portuguese actress but that are so... I don't even know. People talk about Pulp Fiction like that was the biggest thing in the world, I just say NO!
VinceRocks123Apr 12, 2015
An explosive paradiso collage of a non-linear storytelling Quentin Tarantino really musters out the best of himself in this violent tale of black comedy, bizarre situations, profanity, crime, and religious redemption, a superb LA Pulp CrimeAn explosive paradiso collage of a non-linear storytelling Quentin Tarantino really musters out the best of himself in this violent tale of black comedy, bizarre situations, profanity, crime, and religious redemption, a superb LA Pulp Crime Novel styled sandwich that is as colorful as the first time it was made. Expand
heathermMar 23, 2015
I don't really know what good things I can add in a review of this amazing movie. The stories all come together so perfectly, the individual scenes are gorgeous, and the dialogue has this wonderful theatricality that makes it so, so fun toI don't really know what good things I can add in a review of this amazing movie. The stories all come together so perfectly, the individual scenes are gorgeous, and the dialogue has this wonderful theatricality that makes it so, so fun to watch. Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta frame the movie in a big way, with their quick-paced, antagonistic dialogue and absolutely wonderful portrayals. Uma Thurman is amazing in a crazy, off-kilter kind of way and of course the dance scene she has with Travolta is famous for a reason. Her self-disparaging almost-shyness gives her character this delicacy that's beautiful to watch. Wonderful ensemble cast, captivating web of overlapping stories and timelines. There are so many reasons this film is a classic. Expand
AngryThespianFeb 12, 2015
A dark comedy that not only was revolutionary for film making at the time in terms of story telling, but it set the gold standard for all crime movies that followed it. Tarantino's love of violence and swears lend to the perfect blending ofA dark comedy that not only was revolutionary for film making at the time in terms of story telling, but it set the gold standard for all crime movies that followed it. Tarantino's love of violence and swears lend to the perfect blending of memorable characters with an outlandish plot and zinging, non-stop dialogue that sucks you back in every time you watch it. There's a reason it's considered one of the greatest. Phenomenal performances all-around by Travolta, Jackson, Thurman and Willis...not to mention Ving Rhames, Tim Roth and Christopher Walken are all badass. Expand
SEROJJan 25, 2015
What the f222 was this sh7t? This is the worst movie i've ever seen! What a mind f777! And how the f999 this movie has this high scores? F777 the academy awards!
AkashVijayJan 19, 2015
Simply put, Pulp Fiction is a masterpiece. Abstrusely put, Pulp Fiction impeccably blends in stylistic and darkly comical dialogue with substantial notions about the bleak, sadistic and nihilistic word of gangsters, juggled in a supremelySimply put, Pulp Fiction is a masterpiece. Abstrusely put, Pulp Fiction impeccably blends in stylistic and darkly comical dialogue with substantial notions about the bleak, sadistic and nihilistic word of gangsters, juggled in a supremely intricate non-linear plot line. Pulp Fiction struck the world of cinema like a bolt of lightening when it least expected it, influencing film-makers around the world to imitate, replicate and adopt to Tarantin-ian dialogue. But knowing the words isn't enough; genius lies between the lines, or in this case, in the rhythm. Expand
LelchelseaJan 19, 2015
Tarintino delivers one of the most unique cinematic experience with Pulp Fiction. Not only can he string together a non linear story to make it easy to follow and exciting but does it with such fluency and style that it completely makes theTarintino delivers one of the most unique cinematic experience with Pulp Fiction. Not only can he string together a non linear story to make it easy to follow and exciting but does it with such fluency and style that it completely makes the film a true masterpiece Expand
JacobJan 8, 2015
Pulp Fiction is brilliant in that it lacks any sort of story. This is a film following the lives of several characters at various points of time. Most of the dialogue is natural and characters are allowed to breath. This is a film about lifePulp Fiction is brilliant in that it lacks any sort of story. This is a film following the lives of several characters at various points of time. Most of the dialogue is natural and characters are allowed to breath. This is a film about life and people more than anything else and it was really well executed. This is topped off with some great acting and wonderful presentation. I loved this movie at best and really liked it at its worst. I can see why this film has gained a lot of buzz. Definitely will be seeing this film a few more times in the future and you should to. Expand
klementNov 25, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A lot of people have there favorite movies and for me this is the greatest movie ever made. Everything in this movie is perfect, the dialog is great, the acting is fantastic, the characters are so likable ever that they are criminals, the story is so original and the editing plays with your mind so at the end of the movie you have to figure out who the movie begin and end it. If you have watch this movie you are going to remember every scene and how great they are. But lets not get ahead of our self. And the movie is really funny too, so don't fill sorry if you did laugh out loud when you so Marvin getting shot in the face. Also this movie has a great soundtrack, with some of the most catchiest song out there. And the in my opinion the best acting given by Quentin Tarantino in a movie. So if you haven't watched go ahead and give it a look and if you have watched go and watch it again. Expand
BurnsWEMNov 10, 2014
A near perfect movie that is Tarantino's best in my opinion. Great acting, dialogue, and plot. I loved how the story was out of order and it was like putting a puzzle together. I knew about this before I watched the film and i thought itA near perfect movie that is Tarantino's best in my opinion. Great acting, dialogue, and plot. I loved how the story was out of order and it was like putting a puzzle together. I knew about this before I watched the film and i thought it was going to be very confusing but it really wasn't and was quite easy to understand. This is not only a must see for action or Travolta fans but a must see for any person that enjoys watching movies. Expand
SuperkidNov 10, 2014
I have this movie high on my list of favorite movies. It actually is my favorite movie. It has gun shots that are awesome, and comedy and a bit of drama. I think it's like a drama/comedy and if you don't agree I don't care because everyone isI have this movie high on my list of favorite movies. It actually is my favorite movie. It has gun shots that are awesome, and comedy and a bit of drama. I think it's like a drama/comedy and if you don't agree I don't care because everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I love this movie. It has Samuel L. Jackson! Honestly I think this movie should've won best picture but NOPE. Forrest Gump had to win. If you think this movie is gory you're totally wrong except for 1 accidental shooting in a car and that's all I'm saying on that and that is a comedy scene so go watch this masterpiece. Expand
SythusRATINGSOct 21, 2014
Several inter-locking stories of crime and intrigue form a temporal mosaic set in the Los Angeles underworld with great performances from the talented cast.
AlessioSclokOct 5, 2014
One of the best black comedy of all time. You can really watch Quentin Tarantino work. Multiple story lines interconnect perfectly. It's one a movie you don't want to end.
Anonymous777Sep 12, 2014
95% of this acclaimed film is detestable: the script, plot, cinematography and of course, Tarantino. The only thing that redeems this film from utter failure is the acting, mostly on the part of Christopher Walken, Samuel L. Jackson and95% of this acclaimed film is detestable: the script, plot, cinematography and of course, Tarantino. The only thing that redeems this film from utter failure is the acting, mostly on the part of Christopher Walken, Samuel L. Jackson and Harvey Keitel. Expand
MaricaSep 2, 2014
I know, everyone says it's a good movie. Yes it is, but not my type. I tried to watch it 2-3 times but I can not resist. Something attracts me at all, not at all, I get bored so fast ... No offense, it is my opinion
beingryanjudeAug 28, 2014
It is difficult to not recognize the triumph that Pulp Fiction truly is. Quentin Tarantino proves here his place amongst the film industry. Uma Thurman is superb! Many of the sequences are mind-blowing. My one issue with Pulp: leave outIt is difficult to not recognize the triumph that Pulp Fiction truly is. Quentin Tarantino proves here his place amongst the film industry. Uma Thurman is superb! Many of the sequences are mind-blowing. My one issue with Pulp: leave out Bruce Willis, entirely. Expand
AdamR1Aug 23, 2014
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to betray my brother and you will know that I am the lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta star in this

Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta star in this incredible film. The repetition of scenes and the jumbled order make the fiomfilm confusing at times but gripping at the same time. This is a tarantino masterpiece. Not only was there great acting and directing but a brilliant soundtrack to top it off. Pulp fiction is the kind of film you just want to talk about for weeks after seeing it.
CPD98Aug 19, 2014
¿Que decir de esta película? Tarantino es un genio pero con esta obra se superó. El dúo Travolta-Jackson ya es parte de la historia del cine, los diálogos son realmente divertidos, con frases míticas (bueno, pero no empecemos a chuparnos las¿Que decir de esta película? Tarantino es un genio pero con esta obra se superó. El dúo Travolta-Jackson ya es parte de la historia del cine, los diálogos son realmente divertidos, con frases míticas (bueno, pero no empecemos a chuparnos las pollas todavía), la trama de mas de dos horas te tiene enganchado hasta el final, y que final, una de las mejores escenas de la historia. En definitiva, una película que la puedes ver todas las veces que quieras y que siempre te sorprende y te hace gracia. Película que hay que ver antes de morir si o si. Toda una genialidad. Expand
DalekAug 18, 2014
Pulp Fiction was something special. Something different, with fantastic character development as well as dialogue and memorable quotes. It's definitely worth watching.
KristianBKAug 16, 2014
One or two minutes too long, a type of film that only comes once or twice a century. One of the best screenplays ever put on film, great performances, bad-ass soundtrack, Tarantino directing at his finest, great cinematography as well.One or two minutes too long, a type of film that only comes once or twice a century. One of the best screenplays ever put on film, great performances, bad-ass soundtrack, Tarantino directing at his finest, great cinematography as well. Complicated, the structure of the film somehow reminds me of Chinatown, but if I compare these two, Pulp Fiction is a little bit more appealing. You just can't beat those dialogues about burgers. Cleverly done, Tarantino. Expand
chwJul 17, 2014
Pulp Fiction is an excellent movie. Although, it may seen confusing to some (not many people), it was a very good, very original film by Quentin Tarantino.
JamisInsomiaJul 10, 2014
Quentin Tarantino in my opinion is one of the best Director right in the movie scene. Now this Movie is my favorite movie of all time nothing wrong with this film expect is does drag in some parts in this movie like The Watch with BruceQuentin Tarantino in my opinion is one of the best Director right in the movie scene. Now this Movie is my favorite movie of all time nothing wrong with this film expect is does drag in some parts in this movie like The Watch with Bruce Willis kinda drag in till the end but everything to this film is amazing story, Characters, and the and the only the best speech i have heard in cinema that why this film deserve what I give it Expand
BrettTJun 8, 2014
Being one of my favorite films, and one of the best films ever made, Pulp Fiction is smartly written, greatly acted, and surprisingly funny. This is a film you could watch over and over again, I myself having watched it nine times. This is aBeing one of my favorite films, and one of the best films ever made, Pulp Fiction is smartly written, greatly acted, and surprisingly funny. This is a film you could watch over and over again, I myself having watched it nine times. This is a great film and possibly Tarantino's best film to date. Expand
NickOrreyJun 1, 2014
Thought-provoking and thrilling. Pulp Fiction explores the lives of various people, all somehow interconnected with each other in four dazzling tales of violence and redemption. This film has proven to be one of Quentin Tarantino's crowningThought-provoking and thrilling. Pulp Fiction explores the lives of various people, all somehow interconnected with each other in four dazzling tales of violence and redemption. This film has proven to be one of Quentin Tarantino's crowning works and has been regarded as one of the greatest modern day classics of all time. One must be all-focused to watch this film, as the film consists a gamut of memorable scenes and unforgettable quotes. Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta's duet showcase makes this film exceptional and truly one of the greatest couplets in cinema history. Thanks to Tarantino, viewers are able to enjoy a beautiful masterpiece like Pulp Fiction. Expand
DuckNationMay 25, 2014
Pulp Fiction is my favorite movie out of all the amazing films to come from director Quentin Tarantino. Everything about this film was brillent an amazing cast of over 10+ well known actors. Amazing witty Dialog that has you cracking up a lotPulp Fiction is my favorite movie out of all the amazing films to come from director Quentin Tarantino. Everything about this film was brillent an amazing cast of over 10+ well known actors. Amazing witty Dialog that has you cracking up a lot most of the conversations that go on in the movie are perfection. The gore and violence a Tarantino staple is toned done a bit from his other movies but what you get is great.

The story is a trip with the plot being jumbled all over the place it makes you peice the movie together and have fun with it. The movie more or less revolves around a big time crime boss Marsellus Wallace(Ving Rhames) and from here we branch off into little story arcs with John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson they are his hit men, Bruce Willis a guy on the run becuase we he was paid to throw a boxing match but didn't and Marsellus wife Uma Thurman she just wants to have a good time which ends up costing her. All the actors in this film do an amazing job even the actors with small roles they still sold it.

Overall I give it a 10 The movie is masterful and I never get tired of watching it also watching it on blu ray is awesome.
warrenworldMay 3, 2014
The direction, acting, and template are just the things that make this a cinematic achievement, even when there are moments of imperfect conversation.
moonman1994Feb 9, 2014
Nearly a perfect film. It's entertaining and not predictable, the writing is intelligent and the acting is superb. It is presented in typical Tarantino fashion (it's out of order) and this makes it a film that you will appreciate much moreNearly a perfect film. It's entertaining and not predictable, the writing is intelligent and the acting is superb. It is presented in typical Tarantino fashion (it's out of order) and this makes it a film that you will appreciate much more the second time through. Expand
Raizulee1Feb 2, 2014
Average movie, nothing stand out in particular, Samuel Jackson is crap, so does Travolta and this is the most offensive and racist movie ever, Quetin Tarantino is racist as hell, how could Hollywood would allow a White guy to use the wordAverage movie, nothing stand out in particular, Samuel Jackson is crap, so does Travolta and this is the most offensive and racist movie ever, Quetin Tarantino is racist as hell, how could Hollywood would allow a White guy to use the word N***** in this movie? Expand
moviefan1980sDec 23, 2013
"Pulp Fiction" is a film that is remarkably unique and memorable. It is one of the films that is skillfully crafted in all possible departments. The film features an amazing ensemble cast including John Travolta (who re-invented his career),"Pulp Fiction" is a film that is remarkably unique and memorable. It is one of the films that is skillfully crafted in all possible departments. The film features an amazing ensemble cast including John Travolta (who re-invented his career), Samuel L. Jackson, Uma Thurman, Bruce Willis (who established his celebrity status), Harvey Keitel, Tim Roth, Amanda Plummer, Eric Stoltz, Rosanna Arquette, Christopher Walken and, of course, Quentin Tarantino. The screenplay is one of the best in film history. Tarantino's direction is exquisite, as well as the cinematography. For the editing, I love how the film is in nonlinear order. Plus, if it was made in chronological order, I doubt that the film would be successful. A tremendous accomplishment for all involved in this motion picture. Expand
SmagsDec 1, 2013
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!"

Needless to say that this is the most remembered and highly praised quote that has been taken from this movie, it was truly disheartening to find out that this was not originally written in the Holy Bible, but was a combination of different verses. However, in spite of that, this is the film's only flaw. Consisting of an all-star cast including Samuel L. Jackson, John Travolta, Uma Thurman, Bruce Willis, Ving Rhymes, and none other than the zany Quentin Tarantino himself, "Pulp Fiction" is an a class all on its own, in the most positive manner. While the story is told in a non-linear fashion, Tarantino did it right, as it brings all the points and plot twists that are intertwined in the movie together in very distinct and separate parts, all the while shocking the viewer and making them wonder, "What the hell did I just see?" Top notch acting, life-long memorable quotes, and superb directing, "Pulp Fiction" is unquestionably not only Tarantino's prized possession, but a crowned jewel of cinema. 10/10
SwatiNov 25, 2013
An instant classic. Ripe with witticisms and sharp retorts. This is the only instance I actually liked haphazard storytelling, because it actually succeeded in evoking certain feelings, where some of the characters were alive in some storyAn instant classic. Ripe with witticisms and sharp retorts. This is the only instance I actually liked haphazard storytelling, because it actually succeeded in evoking certain feelings, where some of the characters were alive in some story lines and dead in the other, and this made you think what it would have been like if these characters had gotten out in time.

There were long portions of dialogue dedicated solely to humour, and others to theological and philosophical discussions. There are three stories running in parallel, which often come into contact with the others without affecting them, and are told in a non-linear way.

Among Tarantino's films, I believe it's second only to Django Unchained, which was much more coherent and awe-inspiring, albeit with seemingly unnecessary bloody violence and an inflated running time.
joao1198pedroNov 23, 2013
Quentin Tarantino is absolutely a genius and this movie proves how is this geniality,an outstanding movie with an non-linear story is great,some movies would serve this movie as an example.
RayzorMooseNov 12, 2013
Pulp Fiction reaches near perfection.
A crime drama woven from multiple interlocking stories creating an unpredictable slew of comical, action packed and entertaining dialogue and plot twists. A masterpiece of a film.
HouseClarkzoniaNov 6, 2013
What can I say, this film is a masterpiece of the glorious Tarantino collection.
Guns, Violence/Murder/Blood, Dead N* storage, Good coffee and Samuel Jackson.
glasses1Nov 1, 2013
Fantastic film that showed us the real spirit of filmmaking. It contained superb writing and terrific performances. One of my all time favorite movies. A must see for anyone interested in pursuing film as a career. Strongly Recommend
MrPenmanOct 8, 2013
My favorite movie of all time! This movie is fun and engaging to the core. The dialogue in this movie is the best example of Tarantino's writing ability. Every character feels genuine and has interesting things to say in interesting ways.My favorite movie of all time! This movie is fun and engaging to the core. The dialogue in this movie is the best example of Tarantino's writing ability. Every character feels genuine and has interesting things to say in interesting ways. Plus the dark comedy that is entwined into the whole movie is simply wonderful. Expand