7.2

1. Dec 11, 2011
    Mediocre cartoon. Too much adult humor. Too many things were just plain ridiculous. There are a lot of better kids movies. I think cars 2 was better than this movie and I disliked cars 2 as well. If you want to see Puss n Boots in a movie, just go watch Shrek, Shrek was good.
  2. Mar 15, 2012
    Unwatchable. This is what spin-offs are. Dreamworks wasn't content with 4 Shreks, they had to spin-off a sword-wielding feline. Alas, we get a **** version of Zorro - voiced by Zorro himself - complete with enough cat jokes and cutaways to milk-sopping to make me a dog-lover for life. Pixar is the unquestioned leader in animation not because of their animation so much as their storytellingUnwatchable. This is what spin-offs are. Dreamworks wasn't content with 4 Shreks, they had to spin-off a sword-wielding feline. Alas, we get a **** version of Zorro - voiced by Zorro himself - complete with enough cat jokes and cutaways to milk-sopping to make me a dog-lover for life. Pixar is the unquestioned leader in animation not because of their animation so much as their storytelling ability and their integrity (i.e. not letting a mediocre spin-off tarnish their name). Miss this and go take in "Toy Story 3" for the 4th time. Expand
  3. Oct 31, 2011
    I enjoyed the first 20 minutes or so, but once the quest for the eggs begins it starts to really drag. I was pleasantly surprised that there were no Shrek tie-ins or references and the Sergio Leone and Quentin Tarantino homages were well done. All in all, not horrible, but certainly not the best animated film of the year.
  4. Nov 18, 2011
    I've been expecting much more than what I've seen. If you have watched the trailer, then you can notice that all the jokes were in it (that is to say ... 3 jokes !), so it's a serious failure for what is to be a comedy movie. Apart from that, the storyline didn't blow my mind, yet it was rather good entertainment. Oh and I was about to forget : I don't think Puss in Boots is cute, but thisI've been expecting much more than what I've seen. If you have watched the trailer, then you can notice that all the jokes were in it (that is to say ... 3 jokes !), so it's a serious failure for what is to be a comedy movie. Apart from that, the storyline didn't blow my mind, yet it was rather good entertainment. Oh and I was about to forget : I don't think Puss in Boots is cute, but this is just my personal point of view ! When the movie is released in France, I won't bother spending around 8â Expand
  5. May 5, 2012
    I was hoping that some of the magical humour of Shrek would be present in this offshoot film but I was sorely disappointed. I didn't even make it to the end of the film before I gave up. It's boring and the humour is sparse and not actually all that funny.

1. Reviewed by: Olly Richards
    Dec 5, 2011
    Like most kittens, it's not always perfectly behaved, but at least this new Puss adventure doesn't have you reaching for the cinematic spray bottle. And thank goodness the spin-off does nothing to neuter the charismatic cat's appeal.
    Puss in Boots is essentially non-stop dazzling action scenes loosely connected by a thin, predictable story of greed versus good.
  3. Reviewed by: Lou Lumenick