6.4

1. Mar 12, 2014
    "Quantum of Solace" might be the least best in the Daniel Craig series, but that doesn't mean it's bad. It's just a bit short of these awesome movies.
  2. Jan 3, 2014
    Se destaca como o mais fraco da era Craig, simplesmente foi o mais mal produzido que seu anterior e seu antecessor uma pena que nem a carisma de Craig tenha salva esse filme mediano.
  3. Dec 13, 2013
    Although it is action-packed and very entertaining, Quantum of Solace can't help feel like a typical popcorn action flick which derivates from all other action movies.
  4. Nov 13, 2013
    Quantum of Solace is an action packed hot mess.
    The entire movie is plagued with absolute horrible direction, compact with terrible cut scenes. It relies heavily on jumpy cameras and snappy one liners that it simply doesn't work.
  5. Sep 30, 2013
    I watched this movie with skepticism but was truly surprised and happy with the end result. The action sequences are sublime and the story is more than entertaining. Bond is well represented and well played. I may be a minority for loving this film but I feel it has everything that makes the Bond character amazing. Love the movie from start to finish!
  6. Sep 10, 2013
    On the positive side, I still enjoyed Daniel Craig's performance as James Bond, the score was excellent, and the action scenes was somewhat creditable, but on the negative side, I had a huge problem about the story, the editing, the pacing, and the main villain became so much bland.
  7. Jul 16, 2013
    Another modern Bond film, that is a sequel to 'Casino Royale' mostly disappoints. I find it is the worst of the Bond films, but it has some cool action and good acting in it. The story is terrible, the music is good (except for the awful theme song) and the fact that this Bond film relies mostly on Bourne type things, this does not feel like much of a Bond film. So in conclusion, this is the worst Bond film, but it had its good moments- but they were mostly rare. Expand
  8. Jul 10, 2013
    It's not a perfect follow up the phenomenon and just on the average mark. The story is wasted just as the dull villain who may look creepy, does nothing memorable. Other supporting cast are either wasted or good. What this film does deliver is very exciting and outstanding action scenes, with some of the best of the series and touching moments. I still disagree with the fast cut editing like a Bourne movie. Expand
  9. May 10, 2013
    It may not be edited perfectly or nearly three-quarters as well-crafted as its predecessor, but "Quantum Of Solace" still stands tall as a thrillingly engrossing Bond film.
  10. Mar 11, 2013
    Quantum of Solace dont live up to its expatiation, having a poor pace and bad editing. An average action film.
  11. Feb 19, 2013
    It was always going to be difficult following the raging success of 'Casino Royale', but to throw out this messy and flash bang action film with a downright boring and far too realistic plot, it just felt top heavy.
    I love films that take a realistic turn, Batman Begins being the best example, but with this mediocre plot of water and large deserts with hotels and perverted soldiers
    inside, this was not meant for James Bond, gone is the smooth and fluid dialogue and controlled action of Daniel Craig's debut, and in its a place an explosive and a cut too many action flick that was a step back, but that doesn't mean its a bad film.
    Starting basically where the last film left off, we open with a pulsating chase in Bonds Aston Martin, being pursued through various close call cliffs by Alfa Romeo's, and this sets up the film for what it is, an action rampage. After a betrayal brings Bond and M back to London in an attempt to investigate the organisation known as Quantum, Bond rescues Camille (Olga Kurylenko) who was the victim of a failed assassination from her boyfriend, and main antagonist Dominic Greene (Mathieu Amalric).
    M continues to be weary of Bond after the events of the first film, obersving his continuing reckless and raging behaviour, Daniel Craig expertly carries this film, and for all its failures, he is the one shining light. His ability to convey Bond's emotion through excessive violence is certainly a step away from what is expected of this British spy, but for this realistic nature of conveying human emotion, Craig must be lauded.
    There are plenty of set pieces and explosions to rival the Die Hards and Bournes of this world, but this is the faltering moment of the film, because Bond simply isn't an adrenaline junkie or a flat out superhero, he is an MI6 operative doing his job, and Solace seems to forget this.
    The writing is spot on, but the plot and story is messy to the point of there being very little point to many of the characters in the film, the appearance of the beautiful Gemma Arterton as MI6 agent Strawberry Fields just seems pointless.
    It certainly isn't a bad film, its still miles apart from the later Brosnan days, but it is still unfortunately further a field than Casino Royale, its weak, slow, and sometimes just too much of a good thing.
  12. Jan 24, 2013
    first things first. this movie has some of the worst film editing i've ever seen. it cuts between cameras in literally less than 1 second intervals. and it blatantly ignores decades of bond lore, as well as the scientific laws of time. i heard great things about skyfall so i figured i would catch up with daniel craig's bond beforehand, but i would recommend just skipping this one altogether.
  13. Jan 18, 2013
    This is a very good action movie. The story is good, The cast is good, just everything is good. I give this movie an 8 because I expected more as casino royal.
  14. Jan 2, 2013
    No where near as good as the previous Bond film. Pretty much lacks in every area - Acting, Plot, Villain sucks, and the action isn't as good either. A bit disapointing imo.
  15. Dec 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A love letter to Timothy Dalton's 'License to Kill', Quantum is a great action film, but not so much a great Bond film. To be fair, the film's quality isn't it's fault, because of a writer's strike that was going on at the time. Still, there aren't that many girls or gadgets. Simply a boat load of action. If you've seen the trailer, try to imagine an entire movie of just that: Simple, gritty violence. The main villain is forgettable, but where the film shines is it's modern day answer to SPECTRE, Quantum. The name makes little sense, as it literally means 'Amount', but other than that, the film is pretty decent. A good watch for bond junkies, but it may not be worth more than one or two viewings. Expand
  16. Dec 11, 2012
    This was a bitter disappointment compared to Casino Royale, ditching a substantial story for a string of action scenes. The plot is ruined by its eco subtext, which gets tedious and annoying. The villain wasn't sinister at all, he was the sort of guy you'd take out for a beer. The lack of originality is incredibly obvious, the action scenes gave me serious deja vu of the M:I series, and Bond's subplot of his eagerness to avenge Vesper Lynd shamelessly borrows from The Bourne Supremacy. The ending is atrocious, since when would Bond leave the Bond girl stranded in a Bolivian desert town? The gaps in logic are bigger than Jupiter, he puts Vesper's father's corpse in a dumpster instead of having a proper burial, and some random guy comes and fights Bond in a hotel with no connection to the plot whatsoever. Worst of all is the shaky cam and rapid fire editing, which dominated the action making it difficult to watch. The only things giving me points to this movie are Daniel Craig's gritty portrayal of Bond, and the holographic table scene, that's all. Topping Casino Royale was always going to be difficult, but Quantum of Solace doesn't even come close. Expand
  17. Nov 29, 2012
    I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I really, really like this movie. I am not a fan of old Bond - I loved Casino Royale, and think that this film really stands up as a sequel to it. I liked that it had one, clear plot, and tied in well with Casino. At the end of that film, Bond realizes he has been betrayed by the only woman that he ever let himself love - he responds by shutting his feelings off entirely, and beginning a mad quest for revenge. The action scenes are smart and quick, and Olga Kurylenko as Camila is extremely beautiful, but also very interesting with a subplot of her own. There are so many small character building moments in this film, and the villain leads us to believe that there is a sinister Bilderberg type group pulling the strings for all of these coups in major countries. Nice to see Felix back again, and the political intrigue parts of the film were sharp. M's maternal relationship with Bond is subtly expanded upon. The Opera scene is flipping brilliant. Overall, I think that this is one of my favorite action movies of all time, and honestly it's super underrated. Expand
  18. Nov 22, 2012
    A decent film but it does not manage to compensate for its bland concept. The story is uninspired and all about the film seems like a standard formula. All in all, the film is okay but still one of the weaker Bonds.
  19. Nov 20, 2012
    This movie is a toss-up since License to Kill. A corny and weak plot so unimaginable winds up being concentrated on something else. Also the movie is short despite five good action scenes and there's nothing else special in this one.
  20. Nov 12, 2012
    Loses a lot of the emotion of Casino Royale as well as character development and story. Villain is forgettable and finale underwhelming. Still, far from a bad movie especially in the sea of below average action movies out today.
  21. Nov 12, 2012
    Not even the writers themselves could keep up with the plot. There's no problem with the action sequences and Daniel Craig is spot on, but at one point, Bond is poisoned. The poison doesn't seem to affect him in the next scene. Big oops.
  22. Nov 4, 2012
    Like a solid second act. Ends up being only a follow up to the original instead of its own movie. A step down from Casino Royale, but I'm still looking forward to future installments.
  23. Nov 3, 2012
    A big step back after Casino Royale. The action isn't really rememberable (like the parkour fight in its predecessor) and the actors are bad. You have to put feelings into it to make Daniel Craig endurable - like in Casino Royale. It's just a sequel to it, which is a short movie but is longsome. 'Quantum Of Solace' is not that bad because you can enjoy it as a moderate action movie but they could've done way better. Expand
  24. Nov 2, 2012
    Muy aceptable. Acción a raudales desde el primer minuto. Continuidad con la anterior entrega de Daniel Craig. Globalización a tope, enseñándonos como la economía y el poder pasan por encima de los mandatarios. Lealtad. En contra algunas escenas con demasiado movimiento que necesitan un esfuerzo de concentración, así como el deseo de venganza y demasiadas muertes. Es cierto que después de la venganza se nos muestra que esta deja igualmente un vacío.
    Fabulosa la interpretación tanto de Daniel Craig como de Judi Dench.
  25. Oct 28, 2012
    Quantum of Solace turns back the clock on Casino Royale's unconventional structure to bring about a more traditional Bond adventure. Craig still makes for an excellent 007, investing the role with emotional gravitas. The action scenes are more fantastical than it's predecessor and as such have that tangible James Bond feel to them. Quantum of Solace is a good movie, even though it makes me cry to see a DB7 banged up so roughly. Expand
  26. Oct 7, 2012
    It's not great, but its not terrible either. The plot feels confused at many points as to what it wants to be in terms of its themes and story goals, and as a result it feels like a string of under-developed plot points. Some characters, such as Fields are largely pointless, and Greene as the villain is not threatening at best, and just uninteresting at worst. Not that the actor does not do a good job with the material he had. Craig and Dench save the film with their stellar performances in their roles, and Craig especially in his role as the brooding, vengeful Bond. On the whole, it just feels confused as to what it wants to be, but its entertaining enough to hold your attention. Oh, and the song for this film is awful. Roll on Skyfall. Expand
  27. Aug 14, 2012
    Bond is angry. Quantum of Solace shows Bond like never before, setting out on a mission of vengeance and a lot of explosions. Daniel Craig again portrays Bond in a new light, darker, grittier, angrier yet this movie falls short in comparison to it's predecessors. Where Casino Royale showed us a new Bond isn't necessary a bad thing, Quantum of Solace shows us that, too much of the same thing, is.
  28. Aug 4, 2012
    I'll tell you straight! The film Quantum of Solace is not for everyone. Those who watched movies as a child because of the steep Bond shootouts, chases, fights will be very upset because of their absence. And those who watched them because the story will be completely satisfied. You can also recommend this film to those who did not sign with the Bond. They will appear in this film a masterpiece. I belong to the latter. So I put it the highest rating. Expand
  29. Jan 3, 2012
    Stuck on this film, the story editing is great and fast moving for all the right reasons, but some action scenes (such as the opening) makes no logical sense, Yes it's thrilling (In large thanx to the sound effects) but It is dizzying instead of entertaining. The film is well made but the half a second editing still enhances the film at certain times (planes chase sequence, hotel room fight) and hurts at others. The film is well written for the genre and actually improves certain aspects of Casino Royale, but the overproduced editing hurts it from being better than Casino Royale. Expand
  30. Dec 31, 2011
    It really sorted of abandoned all plot in exchange for good action sequences. I did like however that Craig was able to show a more serious side then he did in the previous film, Even though it made his character come off a bit of an emo (but thats because of the poor script, not Craig himself). Also the film was pretty much a knock off of The Bourne Ultimatum. The action sequences reminded me a lot about that film and it made Quantum Of Solace look cheesey.

Overall the film is a huge step down from the first film, I expected better.
  31. Dec 14, 2011
    An underrated gem of a Bond film. No, its not your usual epic, lavish Bond adventure. It is instead a very taut action thriller in the vein of films like Taken and euro-thrillers. I have no doubt that in years to come it will become more highly regarded as other "different" Bond films like On Her Majestys Secret Service and Licence To Kill have.
  32. Nov 26, 2011
    Daniel Craig is good in this film once again. The action sequences are good and film in general is good as well but not as great as the previous fim. I still enjoyed it though.
  33. Nov 10, 2011
    I am a huge Bond fan. I have read the Flemming novels and I have seen all movies. Quantum of Solace is my favourite Bond movie by a mile.
    It has everything that you could want from a bond film. Awesome action, excellent acting, hot Bond girls, a realistic plot and a realistic villain with a genius plan. The car chase and fight scene are better shot and easier to follow than anything in the
    Bourne films. They're hard hitting and thrilling to watch.
    It pays homage to most of the great early movies like Goldfinger and The Spy Who Loved Me.
    Sean Connery played Bond just like the character in the Flemming novels but Daniel Craig is by far the best actor to ever portray Bond. He looks classy and he kicks ass when he needs to. Highly recommended.
  34. Oct 24, 2011
    The plot is just slightly too complex to follow, the Bond-girls aren't quite as stunning, and the writing is not quite as polished as its predecessor. "Quantum"'s primary problem is that it had to follow "Casino Royale". A moderately-fun action movie, an adequate addition to the Bond franchise, but a below-average sequel. Regardless, it's still worth a look. Maybe even two or three.
  35. Oct 8, 2011
    This movie had a lot of action. Aside that I had no clue what the story was. I never liked this actor as James Bond either. It was not worth sitting through but the action was packed.
  36. Aug 27, 2011
    Daniel Craig still shows himself as one of the best Bonds ever, and I applaud the filmmakers for wanting to veer away from the campy days of yore, but this Bond film is so morose, in a bad way, that it comes across as a bland actioner disguised as something more. Quantum of Solace is an average film, and that's arguably the worst thing one can be.
  37. CRL
    Aug 4, 2011
    Quantum of Solace was not a 'bad' film, but pales in the light of Casino Royale. It had huge potential with one of the best Bonds ever and what could have been an excellent plot, but in the end falls a bit short with too much action and not enough clever story; enjoyable in itself but nowhere near the stellar mark of its predecessor.
  38. Jul 19, 2011
    I find the negative reviews of this film laughable: 1. I DOES NOT UNDRSTAND DER PLOT... why? because the film does not pause to explain everything like so many modern films do? Everyone I watched this film with understood the plot without many questions. 2. WATER? WATER?... being completely unaware of how valuable water is makes a poor excuse for disliking a film. Having no understanding of current events and problems is just sad. 3. SO MUCH AKTON IS NOT BOND... yes, it is. This film does action sequences better than the slow and clumsy Bond films of yesteryear and that is a good thing. 4. I LIKE BROSNAN BETTERER... yes, those were great movies. No one should question that. Expand
  39. Jun 13, 2011
    Not up there with Casino Royale but a great follow up to it. The acting was still great but the movie rushed through its self a little bit. Daniel Craig still does a good job and makes me forget about that Pierce guy. Overall a very good movie.
  40. May 21, 2011
    i found this an enjoyable movie however what has let it down is too much action. The acting was good as you would expect from a james bond movie and so was the storyline. it was just too fast paced there was not much talk involved it needed to take sometime to slow down every so often
  41. Mar 3, 2011
    Over dramitised

I now understand why people kill themselves, with movies like this and Casino Royale, what the h3ll is wrong with the directors of today. I believe the world would be better if the just drowned themselves in a bucket of their own urine and aired that instead of this crap. At least then people would be left with a sense of satisfaction. Very very poor.
  42. Aug 30, 2010
    A huge disappointment after the stellar Casino Royale. Hopefully the next 007 film can try to bring back the Bond we all know and love. I don't like this brooding antihero guy.
  43. Aug 24, 2010
    Daniel Craig's second outing as 007.
    BIG set pieces, lots of carnage (Bond seems to wreck every location he goes to), fast, furious & slightly silly.
    Bit of a mess this one & doesn't really hold together as the brilliant Casino Royale did.
    Craig is fine & basically an emotionless maniac which, considering his profession, is what he'd be.
    Nice perfomances also by Olga Kurylenko (Blimey
    Charlie!!) & the great but under-used Giancarlo Giannini.
    The bad guys aren't as a prominent as other films but it's still a damn sight better than any of the awful Pierce Brosnan films.
  44. Aug 22, 2010
    Tooooo short and not enough lighter/comedic moments. All bond does is go around shooting people and then doesn't even kill the one guy at the end. The action was good besides the shaky camera which I personally don't like. Not really a good bond movie but a decent action movie.

1. Reviewed by: Kim Newman
    As with "The Dark Knight," the only real caveat is that while it's exciting and imaginative, it's not exactly anyone's idea of fun. To keep in the game, perhaps the next movie could let the hero enjoy himself a bit more.
  2. Reviewed by: Jay Slater
    Quantum of Solace may be explosive with images of fiery infernos, but it's convoluted and confusing, the plot playing second fiddle to its set pieces.
  3. The new picture allows hardly any flourishes of style and character in the 007 tradition, but moviegoers seeking an adrenaline rush will be well pleased.