Quantum of Solace

6.3

1. Jan 28, 2016
    A great action thriller, an enjoyable Bond film. Daniel Craig is great as Bond. Fantastic visual effects

Watch it here for free: https://www.primewire.ag/watch-418-Quantum-of-Solace-online-free
  2. Jan 5, 2016
    So shoot me. I left the action rush of this follow-up to the terrific 2006 Casino Royale feeling bummed out by James Bond. Well, not by the Bond of Daniel Craig — he's still one nasty-ass dude, with the kind of rough-edged style that the 007 franchise hasn't seen since the glory days of Sean Connery. But the character fun seems to have gone out the window in Quantum of Solace, aSo shoot me. I left the action rush of this follow-up to the terrific 2006 Casino Royale feeling bummed out by James Bond. Well, not by the Bond of Daniel Craig — he's still one nasty-ass dude, with the kind of rough-edged style that the 007 franchise hasn't seen since the glory days of Sean Connery. But the character fun seems to have gone out the window in Quantum of Solace, a fancy-shmancy title (the only thing borrowed from Ian Fleming's short story) for a movie that pours crude oil all over the subtle pleasures and sexy beats that came before.

The new movie picks up a few minutes after the last one. Big car chase (all together now: eww!) as Bond, barely recovered from the death of his lady love Vesper Lynd (Eva Green), burns rubber all over Italy with the wiggling body of Mr. White (Jesper Christensen) in the trunk of his Aston Martin. Cut to Mr. White's interrogation by M (Judi Dench), who finds herself surrounded by traitorous MI6 agents now working for Quantum, an agency bent on (what else?) world domination. So it's Bond on the march, killing everything that moves.

I know, it sounds juicy, but it isn't. Things go on the fritz early — even the new theme song, "Another Way to Die," sung by Jack White and Alicia Keys, sucks. Bond seems to have come down with a serious case of Jason Bourne penis envy, leaping across rooftops from Bolivia to Haiti like a jug-eared Matt Damon.

Put the blame on Marc Forster, a sensitive filmmaker (Monster's Ball, Finding Neverland) who has no experience as an action director and appears to be seriously overcompensating. In Casino Royale, Martin Campbell — a real action man — stopped to savor the distractions in the script co-written by Crash Oscar winner Paul Haggis. Remember the poker game and the sexual teasing in that train scene with Craig's Bond and Green's Vesper trying to guess each other's past histories? Haggis is back, but the mischief is gone. There's a flicker of interest when redhead Gemma Arterton shows up as Fields, an MI6 agent not averse to bonding with Bond, but she's soon gone like the ghost of good times past.

Instead, we get pouty Ukrainian model Olga Kurylenko as Camille, perhaps the dullest Bond girl ever. Camille treats 007 like he has an STD, but she screws the villainous Dominic Greene (Mathieu Amalric, bugging the eyes he only blinked in The Diving Bell and the Butterfly) to get to Bolivian general Medrano, who did evil perversities to her and her family.

It could have been a hell of a revenge tale about two people, Bond and Camille, who know you kill most effectively when you don't take it personally but who can't help taking it personally. That story is written all over Craig's haunted face. But Quantum of Solace won't trust its own darker instincts. It delivers the popcorn goods, but it ignores the poison eating at Bond's insides. Killer mistake.
  3. Dec 22, 2015
    Well sorry for the poor rating, but it seems to me that Sony made this picture in a hurry. Many jump-cuts, a story that is pale in comparison to the previous James Bond titles (mainly with Pierce Brosnan), and an actor who looks plainly dull compared to the other charismatic actors. Heck if I wanted to see a Casino Royale movie on meth, I would have, but this is simply wrong. Ian FlemingWell sorry for the poor rating, but it seems to me that Sony made this picture in a hurry. Many jump-cuts, a story that is pale in comparison to the previous James Bond titles (mainly with Pierce Brosnan), and an actor who looks plainly dull compared to the other charismatic actors. Heck if I wanted to see a Casino Royale movie on meth, I would have, but this is simply wrong. Ian Fleming would be ashamed of it... Expand
  4. Dec 18, 2015
    This film absolutely butchered the Bond franchise. So many cuts the action sequences are nauseous to watch and don't capture you at all. The villains here are also completely unmemorable and cast horribly. The plot is something that almost becomes strung onto the movie last minute and everything about it is plain and boring. I actually seriously struggle watching this film. Awful.
  5. Nov 7, 2015
    I don't understand critics not being on board with this film. I greatly enjoyed it, not quite the level of awesome that Casino Royale achieved, but still a strong action film with a plot that builds upon its predecessor. Worth seeing if you ask me.
  6. Nov 7, 2015
    Well, in 2015 this web-site told me that this movie is 'new or notable' so I decided to write a review. It's bad. There're so many movies about 007 (LOTS) that I'd rather call it cliche than something new. Movie is absolutely not satisfying. Plot is trash, all the sh*t happening is trash. Rather no than yes.
  7. Oct 30, 2015
    Yes, it's true what they say. 'Quantum of Solace' is a silly, choppy action movie that felt less like a Bond movie and more like a Bourne movie.

Daniel Craig still maintains the role magnificently well, doing what he can in a silly action film. Olga Kurylenko makes a good Bond girl and Mathieu Amalric is an okay Bond villain. I don't remember him as much as previous villains, especially Mads Mikkelsen ('Casino Royale'), and then Javier Bardem ('Skyfall') four years later.

I am not sure whether 'Quantum of Solace' would have been a much better movie if it wasn't a follow up to the great 'Casino Royale' (2006). It felt more like one of those dumb, gimmicky Pierce Brosnan movies after 'Goldeneye' (1995), this movie reminded me of 'Die Another Day' (2002), I was afraid that this current series of Bond movies would fall into that routine of dumb action and gimmicky moments. After starting off so well in 'Casino Royale' (2006), I feared this movie would end Daniel Craig, luckily he survived this one.

I just hope we never see another dumb action Bond flick ever again.
  8. Oct 21, 2015
    The worst Bond of Daniel Craig,any one of Pierce Brosnan s better than this..... So weak,boring and long isn't too long but is so bad that seems which was 10 hours of weakest action and development
  9. Oct 13, 2015
    Connery is the ultimate Bond, Moore is the funny Bond, Dalton is the cool Bond, Brosnan is the suave Bond and Craig is... the ugly Bond?

I have no idea why they came up with the ludicrous idea to pick Craig as the new Bond and why they decided to make Bond movies so dark and boring. The conversations between Craig (no, I wont call him Bond) and grandma 'M' are ridiculous: "All you do

The conversations between Craig (no, I wont call him Bond) and grandma 'M' are ridiculous: "All you do is hurt people, you have no feelings you big bully!"... "Yes mom!"

Although this movie is not that good it's still better than the 2 other Bond movies Daniel Craig did, because at least there is a lot of action in this movie and the Bond girl is hot while in the other 2 movies the story is boring and the Bond girls unattractive.
  10. Sep 18, 2015
    Nearly 40 minutes in, and nothing interesting was happening. The non-stop action is upped, but that diminishes the story, plus the action scenes are poorly shot & horribly edited. There's too much action and not enough dialogue, not even Daniel Craig could save this movie.
    Such a disappointing sequel to Casino Royal...
  11. Aug 8, 2015
    My kid's first Bond film, and a bit disappointed I had to be so. Has all the elements of a modern-day action thriller, and few of the elements of, you know, James Bond. There has to be a happy medium between Roger Moore-era camp and joyless grit, but this film errs toward the later. Craig at least has plenty of screen presence.
  12. Jul 26, 2015
    What is so sad about Quantum of Solace is the tremendous step down it was from Casino Royale. The only thing that makes this a Bond movie is Bond himself. All the style, action, and fun is sucked out and replaced by painful mediocrity.
  13. Jul 5, 2015
    Eu pensei que ia dar uma goleada no Cassino Royale (2006) no quesito de ação e principalmente como filme,mas foi um filme completamente fraquíssimo,em tudo o a conclusão foi uma bosta,o suspense uma merda,e o roteiro legal mas cansativo,mas pela algumas boas cenas de ação,boas atuações e por incrível que pareça nos deixar grudado até o final, Eu vou dar 6 mais?? Nem fudendo Fraco!!!
  14. Mar 23, 2015
    Overwrought with complete disregard for any Bond purist to overuse of Bourne flair. This is no Bond film it takes a steamy **** on your memory I've watched several times and then it flies out of conscience into the abyss.

From the worst Bond intro song to the most unnatural and unyielding story and having no Bond in story is disgusting.
  15. Feb 17, 2015
    I loved Casino Royale, but this, this is pure **** its the literal blandest film in the bond franchise and its something a bond film shouldnt be, i **** hate bland films, and this one was so mediocre i cant remember anything about its plot, just so unmemorable
  16. Jan 17, 2015
    Rushed into production and it shows in every way, "Quantum of Solace" is a major disappointment after the excellent "Casino Royale". Directed, shot and cut as though it's a commercial, "QoS" also makes the mistake of trying to compete with the Jason Bourne series by dragging story and plot over from "Casino Royale", defeating the strong, stand alone stories that have worked for 50 films soRushed into production and it shows in every way, "Quantum of Solace" is a major disappointment after the excellent "Casino Royale". Directed, shot and cut as though it's a commercial, "QoS" also makes the mistake of trying to compete with the Jason Bourne series by dragging story and plot over from "Casino Royale", defeating the strong, stand alone stories that have worked for 50 films so far (as of 2014). Love interests should stay inside each story. The cast are strong against a weak script and terrible direction, to sadly make "QoS" one of the weakest outings in the entire franchise. Expand
  17. Nov 9, 2014
    Although it is action-packed and very entertaining, Quantum of Solace can't help feel like a corny popcorn action flick which derivates from all other action movies.
  18. Nov 8, 2014
    This film is a mess. There are good features, the theme song is one of the best yet, Daniel Craig is yet again very good. But really the film is needlessly hard to follow, it feels awfully disjointed and the villain is not a charismatic one. This would all be fine if it was enjoyable during the film, but it's not really, it's a bit boring.
  19. Sep 4, 2014
    Coming off the heels of the wonderful Casino Royale, Quantum is a surprising disappointment. Clearly, our director and Daniel Craig felt a tad bit too confident and lost their way.
  20. Aug 25, 2014
    Mr. Bond is back. His last mission is still rattling the 007 and the MI6's trust in him, which causes constant conflicts as Bond continues to hunt for the men responsible for the death of the woman he loved - and who then betrayed her.

The story takes him to places around the world, he meets two women on the road (although only one lasts to round two, rendering the "other Bond girl" completely pointless), makes more enemies than is healthy for one man and keeps on getting up and killing people who might be more useful alive.

The action wasn't entirely non-stop, there wasn't that much scheming, but the story carried itself pretty well and there were enough stunts and flashes to cover any major flaws.
  21. Mar 12, 2014
    "Quantum of Solace" might be the least best in the Daniel Craig series, but that doesn't mean it's bad. It's just a bit short of these awesome movies.
  22. Jan 3, 2014
    Se destaca como o mais fraco da era Craig, simplesmente foi o mais mal produzido que seu anterior e seu antecessor uma pena que nem a carisma de Craig tenha salva esse filme mediano.
  23. Dec 13, 2013
    Although it is action-packed and very entertaining, Quantum of Solace can't help feel like a typical popcorn action flick which derivates from all other action movies.
  24. Nov 13, 2013
    Quantum of Solace is an action packed hot mess.
    The entire movie is plagued with absolute horrible direction, compact with terrible cut scenes. It relies heavily on jumpy cameras and snappy one liners that it simply doesn't work.
  25. Sep 30, 2013
    I watched this movie with skepticism but was truly surprised and happy with the end result. The action sequences are sublime and the story is more than entertaining. Bond is well represented and well played. I may be a minority for loving this film but I feel it has everything that makes the Bond character amazing. Love the movie from start to finish!
  26. Sep 10, 2013
    On the positive side, I still enjoyed Daniel Craig's performance as James Bond, the score was excellent, and the action scenes was somewhat creditable, but on the negative side, I had a huge problem about the story, the editing, the pacing, and the main villain became so much bland.
  27. Jul 16, 2013
    Another modern Bond film, that is a sequel to 'Casino Royale' mostly disappoints. I find it is the worst of the Bond films, but it has some cool action and good acting in it. The story is terrible, the music is good (except for the awful theme song) and the fact that this Bond film relies mostly on Bourne type things, this does not feel like much of a Bond film. So in conclusion, thisAnother modern Bond film, that is a sequel to 'Casino Royale' mostly disappoints. I find it is the worst of the Bond films, but it has some cool action and good acting in it. The story is terrible, the music is good (except for the awful theme song) and the fact that this Bond film relies mostly on Bourne type things, this does not feel like much of a Bond film. So in conclusion, this is the worst Bond film, but it had its good moments- but they were mostly rare. Expand
  28. Jul 10, 2013
    It's not a perfect follow up the phenomenon and just on the average mark. The story is wasted just as the dull villain who may look creepy, does nothing memorable. Other supporting cast are either wasted or good. What this film does deliver is very exciting and outstanding action scenes, with some of the best of the series and touching moments. I still disagree with the fast cut editingIt's not a perfect follow up the phenomenon and just on the average mark. The story is wasted just as the dull villain who may look creepy, does nothing memorable. Other supporting cast are either wasted or good. What this film does deliver is very exciting and outstanding action scenes, with some of the best of the series and touching moments. I still disagree with the fast cut editing like a Bourne movie. Expand
  29. May 10, 2013
    It may not be edited perfectly or nearly three-quarters as well-crafted as its predecessor, but "Quantum Of Solace" still stands tall as a thrillingly engrossing Bond film.
  30. Mar 11, 2013
    Quantum of Solace dont live up to its expatiation, having a poor pace and bad editing. An average action film.
  31. Feb 19, 2013
    It was always going to be difficult following the raging success of 'Casino Royale', but to throw out this messy and flash bang action film with a downright boring and far too realistic plot, it just felt top heavy.
    I love films that take a realistic turn, Batman Begins being the best example, but with this mediocre plot of water and large deserts with hotels and perverted soldiers inside, this was not meant for James Bond, gone is the smooth and fluid dialogue and controlled action of Daniel Craig's debut, and in its a place an explosive and a cut too many action flick that was a step back, but that doesn't mean its a bad film.
    Starting basically where the last film left off, we open with a pulsating chase in Bonds Aston Martin, being pursued through various close call cliffs by Alfa Romeo's, and this sets up the film for what it is, an action rampage. After a betrayal brings Bond and M back to London in an attempt to investigate the organisation known as Quantum, Bond rescues Camille (Olga Kurylenko) who was the victim of a failed assassination from her boyfriend, and main antagonist Dominic Greene (Mathieu Amalric).
    M continues to be weary of Bond after the events of the first film, obersving his continuing reckless and raging behaviour, Daniel Craig expertly carries this film, and for all its failures, he is the one shining light. His ability to convey Bond's emotion through excessive violence is certainly a step away from what is expected of this British spy, but for this realistic nature of conveying human emotion, Craig must be lauded.
    There are plenty of set pieces and explosions to rival the Die Hards and Bournes of this world, but this is the faltering moment of the film, because Bond simply isn't an adrenaline junkie or a flat out superhero, he is an MI6 operative doing his job, and Solace seems to forget this.
    The writing is spot on, but the plot and story is messy to the point of there being very little point to many of the characters in the film, the appearance of the beautiful Gemma Arterton as MI6 agent Strawberry Fields just seems pointless.
    It certainly isn't a bad film, its still miles apart from the later Brosnan days, but it is still unfortunately further a field than Casino Royale, its weak, slow, and sometimes just too much of a good thing.
  32. Jan 24, 2013
    first things first. this movie has some of the worst film editing i've ever seen. it cuts between cameras in literally less than 1 second intervals. and it blatantly ignores decades of bond lore, as well as the scientific laws of time. i heard great things about skyfall so i figured i would catch up with daniel craig's bond beforehand, but i would recommend just skipping this one altogether.
  33. Jan 18, 2013
    This is a very good action movie. The story is good, The cast is good, just everything is good. I give this movie an 8 because I expected more as casino royal.
  34. Jan 2, 2013
    No where near as good as the previous Bond film. Pretty much lacks in every area - Acting, Plot, Villain sucks, and the action isn't as good either. A bit disapointing imo.
  35. Dec 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A love letter to Timothy Dalton's 'License to Kill', Quantum is a great action film, but not so much a great Bond film. To be fair, the film's quality isn't it's fault, because of a writer's strike that was going on at the time. Still, there aren't that many girls or gadgets. Simply a boat load of action. If you've seen the trailer, try to imagine an entire movie of just that: Simple, gritty violence. The main villain is forgettable, but where the film shines is it's modern day answer to SPECTRE, Quantum. The name makes little sense, as it literally means 'Amount', but other than that, the film is pretty decent. A good watch for bond junkies, but it may not be worth more than one or two viewings. Expand
  36. Dec 11, 2012
    This was a bitter disappointment compared to Casino Royale, ditching a substantial story for a string of action scenes. The plot is ruined by its eco subtext, which gets tedious and annoying. The villain wasn't sinister at all, he was the sort of guy you'd take out for a beer. The lack of originality is incredibly obvious, the action scenes gave me serious deja vu of the M:I series, andThis was a bitter disappointment compared to Casino Royale, ditching a substantial story for a string of action scenes. The plot is ruined by its eco subtext, which gets tedious and annoying. The villain wasn't sinister at all, he was the sort of guy you'd take out for a beer. The lack of originality is incredibly obvious, the action scenes gave me serious deja vu of the M:I series, and Bond's subplot of his eagerness to avenge Vesper Lynd shamelessly borrows from The Bourne Supremacy. The ending is atrocious, since when would Bond leave the Bond girl stranded in a Bolivian desert town? The gaps in logic are bigger than Jupiter, he puts Vesper's father's corpse in a dumpster instead of having a proper burial, and some random guy comes and fights Bond in a hotel with no connection to the plot whatsoever. Worst of all is the shaky cam and rapid fire editing, which dominated the action making it difficult to watch. The only things giving me points to this movie are Daniel Craig's gritty portrayal of Bond, and the holographic table scene, that's all. Topping Casino Royale was always going to be difficult, but Quantum of Solace doesn't even come close. Expand
  37. Nov 29, 2012
    I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I really, really like this movie. I am not a fan of old Bond - I loved Casino Royale, and think that this film really stands up as a sequel to it. I liked that it had one, clear plot, and tied in well with Casino. At the end of that film, Bond realizes he has been betrayed by the only woman that he ever let himself love - he respondsI'm going to go against the grain here and say that I really, really like this movie. I am not a fan of old Bond - I loved Casino Royale, and think that this film really stands up as a sequel to it. I liked that it had one, clear plot, and tied in well with Casino. At the end of that film, Bond realizes he has been betrayed by the only woman that he ever let himself love - he responds by shutting his feelings off entirely, and beginning a mad quest for revenge. The action scenes are smart and quick, and Olga Kurylenko as Camila is extremely beautiful, but also very interesting with a subplot of her own. There are so many small character building moments in this film, and the villain leads us to believe that there is a sinister Bilderberg type group pulling the strings for all of these coups in major countries. Nice to see Felix back again, and the political intrigue parts of the film were sharp. M's maternal relationship with Bond is subtly expanded upon. The Opera scene is flipping brilliant. Overall, I think that this is one of my favorite action movies of all time, and honestly it's super underrated. Expand
  38. Nov 22, 2012
    A decent film but it does not manage to compensate for its bland concept. The story is uninspired and all about the film seems like a standard formula. All in all, the film is okay but still one of the weaker Bonds.
  39. Nov 20, 2012
    This movie is a toss-up since License to Kill. A corny and weak plot so unimaginable winds up being concentrated on something else. Also the movie is short despite five good action scenes and there's nothing else special in this one.
  40. Nov 12, 2012
    Loses a lot of the emotion of Casino Royale as well as character development and story. Villain is forgettable and finale underwhelming. Still, far from a bad movie especially in the sea of below average action movies out today.
  41. Nov 12, 2012
    Not even the writers themselves could keep up with the plot. There's no problem with the action sequences and Daniel Craig is spot on, but at one point, Bond is poisoned. The poison doesn't seem to affect him in the next scene. Big oops.
  42. Nov 4, 2012
    Like a solid second act. Ends up being only a follow up to the original instead of its own movie. A step down from Casino Royale, but I'm still looking forward to future installments.
  43. Nov 3, 2012
    A big step back after Casino Royale. The action isn't really rememberable (like the parkour fight in its predecessor) and the actors are bad. You have to put feelings into it to make Daniel Craig endurable - like in Casino Royale. It's just a sequel to it, which is a short movie but is longsome. 'Quantum Of Solace' is not that bad because you can enjoy it as a moderate action movie butA big step back after Casino Royale. The action isn't really rememberable (like the parkour fight in its predecessor) and the actors are bad. You have to put feelings into it to make Daniel Craig endurable - like in Casino Royale. It's just a sequel to it, which is a short movie but is longsome. 'Quantum Of Solace' is not that bad because you can enjoy it as a moderate action movie but they could've done way better. Expand
  44. Nov 2, 2012
    Muy aceptable. Acción a raudales desde el primer minuto. Continuidad con la anterior entrega de Daniel Craig. Globalización a tope, enseñándonos como la economía y el poder pasan por encima de los mandatarios. Lealtad. En contra algunas escenas con demasiado movimiento que necesitan un esfuerzo de concentración, así como el deseo de venganzaMuy aceptable. Acción a raudales desde el primer minuto. Continuidad con la anterior entrega de Daniel Craig. Globalización a tope, enseñándonos como la economía y el poder pasan por encima de los mandatarios. Lealtad. En contra algunas escenas con demasiado movimiento que necesitan un esfuerzo de concentración, así como el deseo de venganza y demasiadas muertes. Es cierto que después de la venganza se nos muestra que esta deja igualmente un vacío.
    Fabulosa la interpretación tanto de Daniel Craig como de Judi Dench.
  45. Oct 28, 2012
    Quantum of Solace turns back the clock on Casino Royale's unconventional structure to bring about a more traditional Bond adventure. Craig still makes for an excellent 007, investing the role with emotional gravitas. The action scenes are more fantastical than it's predecessor and as such have that tangible James Bond feel to them. Quantum of Solace is a good movie, even though it makes meQuantum of Solace turns back the clock on Casino Royale's unconventional structure to bring about a more traditional Bond adventure. Craig still makes for an excellent 007, investing the role with emotional gravitas. The action scenes are more fantastical than it's predecessor and as such have that tangible James Bond feel to them. Quantum of Solace is a good movie, even though it makes me cry to see a DB7 banged up so roughly. Expand
  46. Oct 7, 2012
    It's not great, but its not terrible either. The plot feels confused at many points as to what it wants to be in terms of its themes and story goals, and as a result it feels like a string of under-developed plot points. Some characters, such as Fields are largely pointless, and Greene as the villain is not threatening at best, and just uninteresting at worst. Not that the actor does notIt's not great, but its not terrible either. The plot feels confused at many points as to what it wants to be in terms of its themes and story goals, and as a result it feels like a string of under-developed plot points. Some characters, such as Fields are largely pointless, and Greene as the villain is not threatening at best, and just uninteresting at worst. Not that the actor does not do a good job with the material he had. Craig and Dench save the film with their stellar performances in their roles, and Craig especially in his role as the brooding, vengeful Bond. On the whole, it just feels confused as to what it wants to be, but its entertaining enough to hold your attention. Oh, and the song for this film is awful. Roll on Skyfall. Expand
  47. Aug 14, 2012
    Bond is angry. Quantum of Solace shows Bond like never before, setting out on a mission of vengeance and a lot of explosions. Daniel Craig again portrays Bond in a new light, darker, grittier, angrier yet this movie falls short in comparison to it's predecessors. Where Casino Royale showed us a new Bond isn't necessary a bad thing, Quantum of Solace shows us that, too much of the same thing, is.
  48. Aug 4, 2012
    I'll tell you straight! The film Quantum of Solace is not for everyone. Those who watched movies as a child because of the steep Bond shootouts, chases, fights will be very upset because of their absence. And those who watched them because the story will be completely satisfied. You can also recommend this film to those who did not sign with the Bond. They will appear in this film aI'll tell you straight! The film Quantum of Solace is not for everyone. Those who watched movies as a child because of the steep Bond shootouts, chases, fights will be very upset because of their absence. And those who watched them because the story will be completely satisfied. You can also recommend this film to those who did not sign with the Bond. They will appear in this film a masterpiece. I belong to the latter. So I put it the highest rating. Expand
  49. Jan 3, 2012
    Stuck on this film, the story editing is great and fast moving for all the right reasons, but some action scenes (such as the opening) makes no logical sense, Yes it's thrilling (In large thanx to the sound effects) but It is dizzying instead of entertaining. The film is well made but the half a second editing still enhances the film at certain times (planes chase sequence, hotel roomStuck on this film, the story editing is great and fast moving for all the right reasons, but some action scenes (such as the opening) makes no logical sense, Yes it's thrilling (In large thanx to the sound effects) but It is dizzying instead of entertaining. The film is well made but the half a second editing still enhances the film at certain times (planes chase sequence, hotel room fight) and hurts at others. The film is well written for the genre and actually improves certain aspects of Casino Royale, but the overproduced editing hurts it from being better than Casino Royale. Expand
  50. Dec 31, 2011
    It really sorted of abandoned all plot in exchange for good action sequences. I did like however that Craig was able to show a more serious side then he did in the previous film, Even though it made his character come off a bit of an emo (but thats because of the poor script, not Craig himself). Also the film was pretty much a knock off of The Bourne Ultimatum. The action sequencesIt really sorted of abandoned all plot in exchange for good action sequences. I did like however that Craig was able to show a more serious side then he did in the previous film, Even though it made his character come off a bit of an emo (but thats because of the poor script, not Craig himself). Also the film was pretty much a knock off of The Bourne Ultimatum. The action sequences reminded me a lot about that film and it made Quantum Of Solace look cheesey.

Overall the film is a huge step down from the first film, I expected better.
  51. Dec 14, 2011
    An underrated gem of a Bond film. No, its not your usual epic, lavish Bond adventure. It is instead a very taut action thriller in the vein of films like Taken and euro-thrillers. I have no doubt that in years to come it will become more highly regarded as other "different" Bond films like On Her Majestys Secret Service and Licence To Kill have.
  52. Nov 26, 2011
    Daniel Craig is good in this film once again. The action sequences are good and film in general is good as well but not as great as the previous fim. I still enjoyed it though.
  53. Nov 10, 2011
    I am a huge Bond fan. I have read the Flemming novels and I have seen all movies. Quantum of Solace is my favourite Bond movie by a mile.
    It has everything that you could want from a bond film. Awesome action, excellent acting, hot Bond girls, a realistic plot and a realistic villain with a genius plan. The car chase and fight scene are better shot and easier to follow than anything in the Bourne films. They're hard hitting and thrilling to watch.
    It pays homage to most of the great early movies like Goldfinger and The Spy Who Loved Me.
    Sean Connery played Bond just like the character in the Flemming novels but Daniel Craig is by far the best actor to ever portray Bond. He looks classy and he kicks ass when he needs to. Highly recommended.
  54. Oct 24, 2011
    The plot is just slightly too complex to follow, the Bond-girls aren't quite as stunning, and the writing is not quite as polished as its predecessor. "Quantum"'s primary problem is that it had to follow "Casino Royale". A moderately-fun action movie, an adequate addition to the Bond franchise, but a below-average sequel. Regardless, it's still worth a look. Maybe even two or three.
  55. Oct 8, 2011
    This movie had a lot of action. Aside that I had no clue what the story was. I never liked this actor as James Bond either. It was not worth sitting through but the action was packed.
  56. Aug 27, 2011
    Daniel Craig still shows himself as one of the best Bonds ever, and I applaud the filmmakers for wanting to veer away from the campy days of yore, but this Bond film is so morose, in a bad way, that it comes across as a bland actioner disguised as something more. Quantum of Solace is an average film, and that's arguably the worst thing one can be.
  57. CRL
    Aug 4, 2011
    Quantum of Solace was not a 'bad' film, but pales in the light of Casino Royale. It had huge potential with one of the best Bonds ever and what could have been an excellent plot, but in the end falls a bit short with too much action and not enough clever story; enjoyable in itself but nowhere near the stellar mark of its predecessor.
  58. Jul 19, 2011
    I find the negative reviews of this film laughable: 1. I DOES NOT UNDRSTAND DER PLOT... why? because the film does not pause to explain everything like so many modern films do? Everyone I watched this film with understood the plot without many questions. 2. WATER? WATER?... being completely unaware of how valuable water is makes a poor excuse for disliking a film. Having no understandingI find the negative reviews of this film laughable: 1. I DOES NOT UNDRSTAND DER PLOT... why? because the film does not pause to explain everything like so many modern films do? Everyone I watched this film with understood the plot without many questions. 2. WATER? WATER?... being completely unaware of how valuable water is makes a poor excuse for disliking a film. Having no understanding of current events and problems is just sad. 3. SO MUCH AKTON IS NOT BOND... yes, it is. This film does action sequences better than the slow and clumsy Bond films of yesteryear and that is a good thing. 4. I LIKE BROSNAN BETTERER... yes, those were great movies. No one should question that. Expand
  59. Jun 13, 2011
    Not up there with Casino Royale but a great follow up to it. The acting was still great but the movie rushed through its self a little bit. Daniel Craig still does a good job and makes me forget about that Pierce guy. Overall a very good movie.
  60. May 21, 2011
    i found this an enjoyable movie however what has let it down is too much action. The acting was good as you would expect from a james bond movie and so was the storyline. it was just too fast paced there was not much talk involved it needed to take sometime to slow down every so often
  61. Mar 3, 2011
    Over dramitised

I now understand why people kill themselves, with movies like this and Casino Royale, what the h3ll is wrong with the directors of today. I believe the world would be better if the just drowned themselves in a bucket of their own urine and aired that instead of this crap. At least then people would be left with a sense of satisfaction. Very very poor.
  62. Aug 30, 2010
    A huge disappointment after the stellar Casino Royale. Hopefully the next 007 film can try to bring back the Bond we all know and love. I don't like this brooding antihero guy.
  63. Aug 24, 2010
    Daniel Craig's second outing as 007.
    BIG set pieces, lots of carnage (Bond seems to wreck every location he goes to), fast, furious & slightly silly.
    Bit of a mess this one & doesn't really hold together as the brilliant Casino Royale did. Craig is fine & basically an emotionless maniac which, considering his profession, is what he'd be. Nice perfomances also by Olga Kurylenko (Blimey
    Daniel Craig's second outing as 007.
    Nice perfomances also by Olga Kurylenko (Blimey Charlie!!) & the great but under-used Giancarlo Giannini.
    The bad guys aren't as a prominent as other films but it's still a damn sight better than any of the awful Pierce Brosnan films.
  64. Aug 22, 2010
    Tooooo short and not enough lighter/comedic moments. All bond does is go around shooting people and then doesn't even kill the one guy at the end. The action was good besides the shaky camera which I personally don't like. Not really a good bond movie but a decent action movie.
  65. MD
    Jul 22, 2009
    My family and I were extremely disappointed in "Casino Royale" and after watching it again, I still can't figure out how it got any good reviews. "Quantum of Solace" on the other hand was much more enjoyable and DC finally starts to act more like James Bond rather than the thug he was in the previous movie. This movie is not perfect, but it was entertaining and it gives me hope that My family and I were extremely disappointed in "Casino Royale" and after watching it again, I still can't figure out how it got any good reviews. "Quantum of Solace" on the other hand was much more enjoyable and DC finally starts to act more like James Bond rather than the thug he was in the previous movie. This movie is not perfect, but it was entertaining and it gives me hope that this "reinvented" Bond is evolving into someone we can like again. Expand
  66. AnthonyF
    Jul 16, 2009
    Never have I been this critical with any Bond film. The Man with the Golden Gun was pretty bad, but this one was just off the charts. Never have I seen a Bond film suffer from an identity crisis this bad. The film is a mess. The screeplay's a mess, the action scenes are a mess and even the climax is a mess. I don't think James Bond needed to be restarted, I think he needed a Never have I been this critical with any Bond film. The Man with the Golden Gun was pretty bad, but this one was just off the charts. Never have I seen a Bond film suffer from an identity crisis this bad. The film is a mess. The screeplay's a mess, the action scenes are a mess and even the climax is a mess. I don't think James Bond needed to be restarted, I think he needed a good screenplay thrown his way. Expand
  67. CiaranG
    Jun 29, 2009
    With absolutely no explanation of what is going on from scene to scene, what could potentially be a very interesting storyline becomes a mess of over-dramatic action scenes. James Bond just happens to find himself in exotic places on boats, planes and fast cars but with no explanation... Also, for the first time, I get the feeling that this James Bond is as bad as the other villains! With absolutely no explanation of what is going on from scene to scene, what could potentially be a very interesting storyline becomes a mess of over-dramatic action scenes. James Bond just happens to find himself in exotic places on boats, planes and fast cars but with no explanation... Also, for the first time, I get the feeling that this James Bond is as bad as the other villains! James Bond is supposed to be the hero, not the revenge-seeking murderous d*ck. Action scenes are fun to watch and they happen in a good variety of locations around the world - this is all that saves this film. Expand
  68. TonyH
    May 8, 2009
    I enjoy the way Daniel Craig interprets his Bond character and really appreciate that there is less focus on the "gadgetry" than in all the Bond movies. I really get a sense that this Bond cares about what and why he does what he does for a living.
  69. AlexH
    May 7, 2009
    A horrible film consisting of no plot, no story, no acting and no sense. James Bond is not a action hero, get that straight Hollywood, and next time actually try to make a new Bond film a good one and a memorable one. "Quantum of Solace" is one of the worst of 2008.
  70. LawrenceT
    May 5, 2009
    This movie could have had some of the best action sequences. But it lacked that and lacked the charm which you would expext from a bond. Daniel is making the franchise fall because everywoman he sleeps with dies. He should have had a bond with no sequels. But this film puts the hype and has more action which I like and I loved this movie because we saw something new instead of all the This movie could have had some of the best action sequences. But it lacked that and lacked the charm which you would expext from a bond. Daniel is making the franchise fall because everywoman he sleeps with dies. He should have had a bond with no sequels. But this film puts the hype and has more action which I like and I loved this movie because we saw something new instead of all the James Bond movies. He is not trying to save the world and he is just out for revenge. Expand
  71. EmanT
    May 4, 2009
    Never before has there been such abuse of the name bond. All those years theve spent building a franchise only to have this aboination to come along. The story was week and confussing, the fighting was good but covereing a girl in oil??? Come up with an orginal idea rather than stealing from other bond films. Everyone envovled is a turd. End of.
  72. SteveC
    Apr 16, 2009
    What a dismal Bond movie. It had none of the character development or plot of the last one. Purely two-dimensional. On top of that, the actions scenes are shot in the increasingly popular super-close style that makes it so you can't tell what's actually going on. I frequently couldn't determine which black car or black suit was chasing the other. Overall, profoundly disappointing.
  73. GeorgeM
    Apr 6, 2009
    Bond is back again...and Craig is on his second film playing everyone's favorite spy. Quantum picks up alsmot immediately after the events of the Casino Royale...so there is little time to get ready for this film, because it starts out "balls to the wall" and rarely lets up till the big explosive finale. In comparison to the first (Casino Royale), Quantum of Solace lacks a Bond is back again...and Craig is on his second film playing everyone's favorite spy. Quantum picks up alsmot immediately after the events of the Casino Royale...so there is little time to get ready for this film, because it starts out "balls to the wall" and rarely lets up till the big explosive finale. In comparison to the first (Casino Royale), Quantum of Solace lacks a bit...whether it be the story the directorial style...nothing about this film seems as elegant or as well put together as its predecessor...it definately amps up the action a few notches however. The action scenes better choreographed and far more explosive...so it certainly excedes Casino in that regard. It's really the story and lack of substance that make this film a bit ho-hum at times...its just not interesting to follow, something about a greedy enviromentalist on the hunt for oil and he isn't afraid to lie and kill to get what he wants and then this even less important story about a girl trying to get revenge on a general for brutally killing her family (yawn)...but you really won't care about any of that, it almost seems like filler until you get to the real meat of what this movie is about...ACTION and lots of it, as its easy to see where most of the care went. Casino Royale is a far more polished Bond film...Quantum is certainly watchable and its actually quite entertaining as a hollow action film, it dosent seem to really expand on the Bond character other than we know he is even MORE upset and far more lethal in his methods now than before. it comes HIGHLY RECOMMENDED...if you are looking for action, this is it, if you are looking for story....i strongy recommend you watch Casino Royale to catch up. Expand
  74. CutScene
    Apr 4, 2009
    The most action-oriented Bond movie that I can remember seeing. I don't have a problem with that, but I do have a problem with the way the scenes were done. I literally can't watch the action scenes in the movie. I get so frustrated by following whats going on through the cut-scene-orama that it makes me angry. Did anyone who made this movie actually watch it when they were The most action-oriented Bond movie that I can remember seeing. I don't have a problem with that, but I do have a problem with the way the scenes were done. I literally can't watch the action scenes in the movie. I get so frustrated by following whats going on through the cut-scene-orama that it makes me angry. Did anyone who made this movie actually watch it when they were done? That was a rhetorical question because the answer is obvious. No. My advice - dont drink 26 cups of coffee before you edit the next Bond movie. Thanks. Expand
  75. MichelleS
    Mar 28, 2009
    I really did not enjoy this movie at all. I gave it a 3 because, for an action movie it had some cool action sequences. I didn't care for any of the actors in the movie either. I didn't care for the story.
  76. JaredJ
    Mar 25, 2009
    Okay, after the horrid "Casino Royale," I thought that this was going to be a lot cleaner. It wasn't. The clasic "Gun barrel" opening was tossed away to the end of the film and done with horrorfying results. Bond is no longer an Agent he is a midless killing machine. Oh and if this is still part of 007's first mission EVER WHY THE *@!$ IS IT IN MODERN TIMES?! After "Die Another Okay, after the horrid "Casino Royale," I thought that this was going to be a lot cleaner. It wasn't. The clasic "Gun barrel" opening was tossed away to the end of the film and done with horrorfying results. Bond is no longer an Agent he is a midless killing machine. Oh and if this is still part of 007's first mission EVER WHY THE *@!$ IS IT IN MODERN TIMES?! After "Die Another Day" we no longer get to see what Bond's next adventure is the re did the whole thing with crappy decisions! No story, tons of action that is poorly developed and RIPS off of Classic bond films! "Goldfinger" is in here but rip offed of it as well as "GoldenEye," "Thunderball," and "Live and Let Die" It has the Bond movie title and logo but it is NOT a Bond film, complete garbage. Expand
  77. TomH
    Mar 24, 2009
    Spectacular scenes and good rhythm.
  78. JayH
    Mar 22, 2009
    It has all the right ingredients for a Bond flick - rapid pace, plenty of explosions, car chases, great special effects, great international settings and over the top action. Not the best of the Bond films, but it works. Very entertaining, outstanding production values.
  79. DougR
    Feb 7, 2009
    Pitiful Bond movie. The last two are a real let down. No super spy gadgets, cars, etc. Just blow 'em away brutality. A raw film that rubbed me raw. In attempting to make super spying into some gritty, hardcore killer flick, the writers have fallen prey to a neverland that would have the 00 spies bouncing off their asylum walls. Way over the top without the fantasy gadgets...too much Pitiful Bond movie. The last two are a real let down. No super spy gadgets, cars, etc. Just blow 'em away brutality. A raw film that rubbed me raw. In attempting to make super spying into some gritty, hardcore killer flick, the writers have fallen prey to a neverland that would have the 00 spies bouncing off their asylum walls. Way over the top without the fantasy gadgets...too much unreal realism. What can I say to some it up? It was a real downer. Redeeming lines within the thing about forgiveness...that was good. Expand
  80. Me
    Jan 16, 2009
    Where was the debonair 007? New 007 has no class, no catchy lines that got laughs, and completely lacks any sophistication as other Bond actors. Furthermore, the movie lacked the most entertaining elements: Where were Q and Moneypennie? Where were the cool gadgets we've come to expect to see in all Bond movies? Again I ask where were the "Phrases that Pay"? Furthermore this movie was Where was the debonair 007? New 007 has no class, no catchy lines that got laughs, and completely lacks any sophistication as other Bond actors. Furthermore, the movie lacked the most entertaining elements: Where were Q and Moneypennie? Where were the cool gadgets we've come to expect to see in all Bond movies? Again I ask where were the "Phrases that Pay"? Furthermore this movie was poorly edited. All action scenes were limited to an ungodly half second. They must have not done any retaked for the flubbed scenes and pieced together all the stuff they liked in the end to make it so choppy and hard to watch/follow with your eyes. Gave me a real headache. A true waste of film and the money DH and I spent to see this poorly filmed, acted and letdown of a 007 film. Truly a big letdown compared to Brosnan, Connery, Moore and Lazenby. Expand
  81. DanS
    Jan 10, 2009
    Plot, editing, and acting aside, I'm surprised no one seems to be complaining about the rapid-fire attempted rapes near the end. I'm not a huge Bond fan, but part of the fun of these movies is the cartoonishness. Moon-based lasers? Fun. Slightly disturbing brutality? Not so much.
  82. SM
    Dec 30, 2008
    Although Quantum of Solace was kind of a continuation to Casino Royal, the latter was at least ten times more thrilling and thought-provoking than the former, and I guess this pretty much explains why everyone is disappointed with this new Bond movie. However, there is still enough excitement to watch it once.
  83. MB
    Dec 23, 2008
    So yes it's confusing. And yes upon leaving I had many unanswered questions. Not a huge fan of simply taking off from where the last left off. As I wasn't prepared for this I spent most of the opening car chase trying to remember the last bond film I watched two years ago. All that aside, the action is great. Craig is by far the most legitimate Bond character ever. Yes Connery So yes it's confusing. And yes upon leaving I had many unanswered questions. Not a huge fan of simply taking off from where the last left off. As I wasn't prepared for this I spent most of the opening car chase trying to remember the last bond film I watched two years ago. All that aside, the action is great. Craig is by far the most legitimate Bond character ever. Yes Connery was great, but Craig's character is a nice change from the boyish, unrealistic bonds of old. Expand
  84. DonK.
    Dec 20, 2008
    The dialogue between Bond and M was just not convincing. Was the plot lame? Probably. What was the whole point dragging the poor guy from his home in he Mediterranean to get locked up in the trunk of a car in Bolivia - and eventually get killed? Yes teh plot was lame.... You don't speak to a President that way - sign the deal or you will get replaced. And if Bond could bumpo him off, The dialogue between Bond and M was just not convincing. Was the plot lame? Probably. What was the whole point dragging the poor guy from his home in he Mediterranean to get locked up in the trunk of a car in Bolivia - and eventually get killed? Yes teh plot was lame.... You don't speak to a President that way - sign the deal or you will get replaced. And if Bond could bumpo him off, why not the Bolivian President (or whoever that character was).... Still it was great entertainment. Awesome. So I give it a 7. Expand
  85. DominicG.
    Dec 20, 2008
    Really enjoyed this movie - so much better than expected after reading mised reviews. The Bond team have truly reinvigorated this frachise just when it was on its last legs. A gripping, suspenseful plot that keeps the audience guessing, worthy characters and break neck action sequences. I hope they can maintain this quality standard for the next one.
  86. MikeL.
    Dec 19, 2008
    This story, while not written by Ian Flemming, is the natural extension of Casino Royale. Quantum of Solace explores the personal and professional issue that James Bond deals with in 'becomming Bond'. I found the film to be intelligent, well paced and in keeping with the Ian Flemming tradition. Quantum of solace should be viewed 3 to 4 times to truly appreciate the This story, while not written by Ian Flemming, is the natural extension of Casino Royale. Quantum of Solace explores the personal and professional issue that James Bond deals with in 'becomming Bond'. I found the film to be intelligent, well paced and in keeping with the Ian Flemming tradition. Quantum of solace should be viewed 3 to 4 times to truly appreciate the 'Art' of film making that was put into this project. Enjoy. Expand
  87. SimonM.
    Dec 13, 2008
    I enjoyed this film! This is the only time since the mediocre "License to Kill" where Bond has been in official REVENGE mode, and Dalton didn't do it half as well as Craig. Sure it wasn't all quips and one liners, a'la Moore. Never the less I'm really liking this so called "gritty" Bond. My only trivial gripe was with the Bond baddy's lack of a gimmick (No I enjoyed this film! This is the only time since the mediocre "License to Kill" where Bond has been in official REVENGE mode, and Dalton didn't do it half as well as Craig. Sure it wasn't all quips and one liners, a'la Moore. Never the less I'm really liking this so called "gritty" Bond. My only trivial gripe was with the Bond baddy's lack of a gimmick (No deformity or pet peeve?!?). In the end: Great Bond film. Great revenge film. Expand
  88. GabrielJ.
    Dec 11, 2008
    well I
  89. tankj
    Dec 11, 2008
    I'm not sure why everyone wants to see the same cheesy Bond movie. Craig is the best bond yet (sorry Sean). The action in this movie is spectacular. It is not quite as good as Casino Royale but still very good.
  90. JamesBond
    Dec 10, 2008
    Village Voice has it right - this was edited in a blender set on indecipherable. Utter garbage. Give me Brosnan or any other Bond for that matter. The director should never be allowed to work again.
  91. RichardS
    Dec 10, 2008
    The worst Bond film of all time. I thought nothing could be worse than Die Another Day. This manages it with some aplomb. The direction is horrible - all split second jump cuts designed to create excitement and stimulate action. It does nothing of the sort, only creating a sense of nausea. The story is boring and flat. Give me back the megalomaniac who wants world control and save me from The worst Bond film of all time. I thought nothing could be worse than Die Another Day. This manages it with some aplomb. The direction is horrible - all split second jump cuts designed to create excitement and stimulate action. It does nothing of the sort, only creating a sense of nausea. The story is boring and flat. Give me back the megalomaniac who wants world control and save me from these weary eco-stories. This has NOTHING in common with any Bond film. No sexiness, no gadgets, no exciting villain, no villain's lair, no henchman, no decent theme, no John Barry music, no intro, no nothing. The worst Bond film or all time, maybe one of the worst films of the year. Expand
  92. tomp
    Dec 10, 2008
    Ignore the critics, this is one of the best bond films ever.
  93. MarkW
    Dec 9, 2008
    The first Bond film I liked was Casino Royale the second is Quantum of Solace. I just can't stand the cheese associated with most Bond films so the last two instalments are a welcome relief. Still I guess I can understand why Bond fans are bitter, there are plenty of intelligent films out there so perhaps the Bond franchise should stick to what the Bond fans like.
  94. EricO.
    Dec 6, 2008
    I've literally just returned from watching this Bond movie, and while walking out of the theater, my dad commented on what he considered to be the lame plot. Listen- no one should go to a Bond movie expecting a coherent plotline; in fact, they've never had coherent plotlines. Honestly, Daniel Craig is the best Bond since Connery and I don't think anyone can seriously I've literally just returned from watching this Bond movie, and while walking out of the theater, my dad commented on what he considered to be the lame plot. Listen- no one should go to a Bond movie expecting a coherent plotline; in fact, they've never had coherent plotlines. Honestly, Daniel Craig is the best Bond since Connery and I don't think anyone can seriously dispute that. The girls in QOS are perfectly acceptable and the locales are exotic, as should be expected. The major flaw with this film is the quick-cut method and hand-held camera work used by the director during action sequences. Stuntmen were injured while making this Bond film, Craig lost part of his finger during an action sequence, but damned if you can tell what's going on at any point while the action takes place. As Bond films are all about the action sequences, the quick-editing and shaky hand-held camerawork destroys a good portion of the film as a whole. Expand
  95. JackS.
    Dec 4, 2008
    I'm not joking around, what the hell was the point to that movie? It has to be the worst 007 movie ever. The only movie that isn't written by Ian Flemming (he only mad the charecters not the story) turns out to be the worst. I know they could have made something so much better then that. What was the point to all that action? What is the bad thing thats going on right now? Why I'm not joking around, what the hell was the point to that movie? It has to be the worst 007 movie ever. The only movie that isn't written by Ian Flemming (he only mad the charecters not the story) turns out to be the worst. I know they could have made something so much better then that. What was the point to all that action? What is the bad thing thats going on right now? Why is there cars chasing eachother? Is that charecter good or bad? What is Greene trying to do with the world? So many questions are unclear once the movie is over. Everyone who saw it that I know said that they were lost the whole movie. It totally needed more talking and explaining for people to understand what is going on that whole movie. It can't pick off the first movie right when it starts. It is confusing and you have no clue what was going on most of the time until the end. And even still you are still lost in questions what was going on that movie. It was confusing, the action was pointless, it was nothing like the tranditional Bond movies. Ian Flemming is the writer of 007... there is no one else like him. Expand
  96. PeterH
    Dec 2, 2008
    Terrible movie. While Craig has an aura of intensity about him which makes him a wonderful bond, the plot was absolutely terrible. At the beginning I thought that there would be more of a focus on the secretive 'company', but they barely went into that. While I do not like films that are pointlessly dragged out to the extent of wasted time, this was at the opposite extreme; Terrible movie. While Craig has an aura of intensity about him which makes him a wonderful bond, the plot was absolutely terrible. At the beginning I thought that there would be more of a focus on the secretive 'company', but they barely went into that. While I do not like films that are pointlessly dragged out to the extent of wasted time, this was at the opposite extreme; being too short to fulfill the plot or send any message to the audience. It was like trying to fit a 400 pound guy into small size clothing - it does not work. Expand
  97. TomC
    Dec 2, 2008
    What Craig gains in the way of brutish subtlety means a loss of the charm and fun people expect from Bond films. Quantum is perfectly average, reaching the quota for explosions and attractive women, however; the plot is convoluted while falling short of being intriguing, the action scene directing is frustratingly scrappy and most disturbingly it seems that the formally flirtatious What Craig gains in the way of brutish subtlety means a loss of the charm and fun people expect from Bond films. Quantum is perfectly average, reaching the quota for explosions and attractive women, however; the plot is convoluted while falling short of being intriguing, the action scene directing is frustratingly scrappy and most disturbingly it seems that the formally flirtatious attitude of Bond films has been abandoned. Expand
  98. AronJ.
    Dec 1, 2008
    As time goes on, and more bond films come out, the more they strey from who james bond is supposed to be, james bond is becoming more like rambo and Quantum is exactly that, just not james bond anymore, although watchable if you like action movies.
  99. JohnD
    Dec 1, 2008
    After readiing the reviews I was expecting to be disappointed, but this Bond movie is one of the most exotic, intelligent and action-packed of all. Some really great sequences - all properly done - (no CGI) - and the close-up / quick cut MTV-style editing places the viewer right in the mayhem. Yes, it's brutal and there are absolutely no Moore-esque one-liners or gadgets, this is a After readiing the reviews I was expecting to be disappointed, but this Bond movie is one of the most exotic, intelligent and action-packed of all. Some really great sequences - all properly done - (no CGI) - and the close-up / quick cut MTV-style editing places the viewer right in the mayhem. Yes, it's brutal and there are absolutely no Moore-esque one-liners or gadgets, this is a Bond for adults. Recommended. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Wally Hammond
    Nov 5, 2015
    So much dash, flash and thrill...there’s scant time left for character, let alone, story, fun, seduction, humour or wit.
  2. Reviewed by: Andy Lowe
    Nov 5, 2015
    This is 007 in mid-story crisis; a festival of blaring action set-pieces propping up a scrappy script and undercooked characters.
  3. Reviewed by: Tim Robey
    Nov 5, 2015
    Quantum of Solace offers next to no solace, if we mean respite, but in plunging its hero into a revenge-displacement grudge mission, it has the compensation of a rock-solid dramatic idea, and the intelligence to run and run with it.