7.6

1. Nov 1, 2011
    good movie....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  2. C.Samanta
    Oct 20, 2003
    I think that Stuart townsend did a great job in that movie. But I went to watch the movie not because of him but because of Aaliah.I miss her cuz I was one of her biggest fans and she was really really good as an actress and a singer.If someone saw that movie I want u to remember that beautiful girl. Cuz I hope one day to be just like her.Even if I am not a movie star but to be respected I think that Stuart townsend did a great job in that movie. But I went to watch the movie not because of him but because of Aaliah.I miss her cuz I was one of her biggest fans and she was really really good as an actress and a singer.If someone saw that movie I want u to remember that beautiful girl. Cuz I hope one day to be just like her.Even if I am not a movie star but to be respected as she was. To be nice as she was. I think that we should consider that movie as a tribute to her. That's why I give it a 10. Expand
  3. Frost
    Mar 5, 2003
    The movie was totaly awesome. i love this movie more than any other i've seen (even the CROW) the concert scene was my personal favorito. i just wish there was another movie based on Lestat coming out.
    Jul 12, 2002
    THIS MOVIE RULZ!!! I don't care what anyone says - especially all those old critic people - coz I thought it was GREAT and the music ROCKED!! I didn't read the book but oh well, and movies cant be EXACTLY like the book anywaiz, GEEZ!!
  5. GeorgiaB.
    Mar 19, 2004
    It took me a long time to get into this movie, as well as many many playings. It's one of those ones that grows on you. I think people should remember that when you make a film from a book, not every single detail can be used.
  6. KatieC.
    Oct 23, 2002
    One of the best vampire movies I've seen in a long time.
  7. Samantha
    May 11, 2006
    This movie is AMAZING! its my favourite. Stupid critics, they dont have any respect for good movies. All they want is "normal" looking people with lost of sex, right? That's lame. This movie is a 10+.
  8. Liara
    Jul 1, 2002
    Personally, I thought this movie was great. For those of you who think the plot did not follow the plot in the book, well you might wanna get a clue cuz no movie's plot follows the plot in the book, DUH! The music in this movie was awesome, and I listen to the CD ALL the time. I dont mean to be rude but i dont know what all you people out there are thinking if you say this movie Personally, I thought this movie was great. For those of you who think the plot did not follow the plot in the book, well you might wanna get a clue cuz no movie's plot follows the plot in the book, DUH! The music in this movie was awesome, and I listen to the CD ALL the time. I dont mean to be rude but i dont know what all you people out there are thinking if you say this movie sucked. Obviously you need to watch some sappy romance movie if you think this movie sucked. And for those of you who thought Aaliyah sucked at being the Queen, then you need to see a psychiatrist and get your head examined cuz she was amazing, and her style was totally awesome. And for all of you Townsend fans out there, i want to let you know that he is the finest dude i know (ok maybe not the finest, but he is HELLA hott). Ok well i gotta bounce so i will talk to you later. Oh yea if you feel like IMing me on aol instant messenger then my screen name is Flamestarter666. I love all you fans of this movie lots, bye! ~mE Expand
  9. SidL.
    Aug 1, 2002
    I read the books and this movie rocked!! It didn't go with the book basically at all. But the movie would have been way too long to do that! The music and the actors were all awesome!!
  10. KaylaB.
    Aug 10, 2002
    Loved the movie and i watch it over and over again every day.....plus i love vampires.
  11. BeverlyG.
    Aug 29, 2002
    I think Stuart Townsend played the greatest vampire Lestat ever. He looked sooo hot, there's no blaming why people loved him. No matter what other people say, I still think that the Queen of the Damned is THE best movie of all time!!!
  12. MelanieR.
    Sep 20, 2002
    I love stuart townsend he's so sexy.
  13. Jennifer
    Jan 3, 2003
    I really give this movie a million to ten vote but it doesn't seem to go up that high. i must say i am an inspired vamipre and the graphics and reason in this movie are unbelieveable. great movie.
  14. KrisnaA.
    Mar 8, 2003
    This is the reason why i gave this movie 10 because i love it and its very,very great!!! no other horror movies can top this!! no.1 men!!!
  15. TamaraE.
    Apr 8, 2003
    I loved it! It's a great introduction for Stuart Townsend as before this movie I had never heard of him. I can't believe everyone saying it's not worth it because it is those who disagree obviously shouldn't have seen it as it's only for those interested in heavy metal music and vampires! I personally love both and i with people would give QotD the recagnition it I loved it! It's a great introduction for Stuart Townsend as before this movie I had never heard of him. I can't believe everyone saying it's not worth it because it is those who disagree obviously shouldn't have seen it as it's only for those interested in heavy metal music and vampires! I personally love both and i with people would give QotD the recagnition it so rightly deserves. Expand
  16. KimD
    Jun 5, 2003
    I am 22 years old and cannot believe what people are saying about this movie. I am a person that is really into goth, vampires, and heavy metal so i guess that is why i liked it. Plus the movie did have a plot to it, Lestat was all alone and in the end he found someone to be with him forever. I am truly baffled as to why people would give this movie a 1 or a 0 but then again you are I am 22 years old and cannot believe what people are saying about this movie. I am a person that is really into goth, vampires, and heavy metal so i guess that is why i liked it. Plus the movie did have a plot to it, Lestat was all alone and in the end he found someone to be with him forever. I am truly baffled as to why people would give this movie a 1 or a 0 but then again you are entitled to your own opinions. Expand
  17. KayleeR.
    Mar 11, 2004
    This movie is awesome I LOVE IT!
  18. MerinaP.
    Jul 6, 2004
    I loved this movie I can't bielive that it got only 2 1/2 Stars! It Should of had 10.
  19. shaylap.
    Jan 7, 2005
    I loved this movie. i don't know why all of the critics were hatin on it, but i guess the majority of the regular people who saw it also loved it, so that can shut their mouths. alliah was amazing and she delivered this great performance right before her death. at least she didn't die before because we'd be losing the best part of this movie.
  20. MeganB.
    Oct 14, 2002
    This movie is the greatest! i've watched it 5 times in 3 days, all of you who say that Stuart Townsend is badly cast as Lestat are crazy! He is so sexy as Lestat and draws you into the film. I never planned on watching it, but I saw this really sexy guy and I was captivated by his portrayal of Lestat, now I can't get enough of this movie! All the characters were perfect, This movie is the greatest! i've watched it 5 times in 3 days, all of you who say that Stuart Townsend is badly cast as Lestat are crazy! He is so sexy as Lestat and draws you into the film. I never planned on watching it, but I saw this really sexy guy and I was captivated by his portrayal of Lestat, now I can't get enough of this movie! All the characters were perfect, Aaliyah, god rest her soul, was an amazing Akasha, and Margurite was perfect as Jesse! Marius is the coolest dude ever! Expand
  21. Ashli
    Oct 20, 2002
    I love this movie....its really good but kinda crappy that it makes a vampire a rock star...kinda stupid but i still like it...i watch it over and over and over.....
  22. SheenaC.
    Dec 27, 2002
    I think this is a really great movie i love it. It is a very cool movie.
  23. Bill
    Oct 28, 2002
    Having followed Rice's novels in this series, I am surprised that I find the changes made in the movie so easily forgiveable. Maybe it's because Lestat was FINALLY played properly. I realize that "Interview..." was a different perspective, but Tom Cruise...well...sucked. Sorry, but that's the best I can give him. This new Lestat was every bit the Lestat I came to know and Having followed Rice's novels in this series, I am surprised that I find the changes made in the movie so easily forgiveable. Maybe it's because Lestat was FINALLY played properly. I realize that "Interview..." was a different perspective, but Tom Cruise...well...sucked. Sorry, but that's the best I can give him. This new Lestat was every bit the Lestat I came to know and love in the books. Being a hobbyist s**t-disturber myself, I admire him and am extremely pleased to see him truly brought to un-death (life) on the screen. The soundtrack is highly addictive, too! Expand
  24. JessicaL.
    Oct 7, 2002
    It was the sexyist i have ever seen Aaliyah and Stuart!!!! They were great together!! i cant wait for the next movie with Stuart as Lestat!!! There is no comparison to any other vamp movie in history!! Anne Rice has out done herself! i give it way more than a ten!
  25. Ryan
    Feb 24, 2002
    Here's a good example of a film that most mainstream critics will miss the boat on. Scored by Jonathon Davis (Korn) the music is as integral to the film as the dialogue. If you dismiss the songs you miss a lot of the story. The heavy metal soundtrack is orchestral in quality and creates a "rock opera" feel to the film. Aaliyah delivers a phenominal performance that could have Here's a good example of a film that most mainstream critics will miss the boat on. Scored by Jonathon Davis (Korn) the music is as integral to the film as the dialogue. If you dismiss the songs you miss a lot of the story. The heavy metal soundtrack is orchestral in quality and creates a "rock opera" feel to the film. Aaliyah delivers a phenominal performance that could have springboarded her career in an entirely unique direction. This is a very sexy film with amazingly cool style (as are the books) but it doesn't take itself too seriously. It succeeds in every area that "Blade" failed and then some. Anne Rice's modern vampire epic has always been the pinnacle of dark erotic horror and "Queen of the Damned" retains the core vision and depth of her books. Sometimes cheesy (Lestat as 'Superman'?), never dull. If you like 'New Metal' (Tool, Static X, Korn, Disturbed) check out this movie before our nation's middle-aged critics drum it out of the theaters. Expand
  26. LeslieH.
    Jun 12, 2002
    I think this movie is one of the best movie I ever seen. If any person have seen Queen of the Damned, you should go and rent Queen of the Damned, NOW.
  27. DestinyDesire
    Aug 22, 2002
    This was an adaptation of Anne Rice's Novel. It was what you would expect from a Vampire movie. The costumes were excellent, Stewart Townsend made the perfect Lestat. It might not have been what Anne Rice fans expected, but I for one give it a 10!
  28. Hanna
    Aug 6, 2002
    Good movie. Not much like the book, but still a great rendition of it.
  29. Akasha
    Sep 11, 2002
    It was excellent, one of my favorites. But I just read the book and found out that it's true, the story is not completly the same.. But just say to yourself, the book have near 500 pages.. to make exactly the same story, the movie should have at least 5 hours lol. I just love this Movie!
  30. Antonia
    Sep 1, 2002
    You all seem to forget there are many different styles of life and music...While in this movie everything was all tossed into one big bunch, it seems you all bash it because you do not understand, because it seems to unreal. There are those of us who live as what this movie was based on, but not exactly as portrayed as this movie...For the soundtrack, the music is great...but this is my You all seem to forget there are many different styles of life and music...While in this movie everything was all tossed into one big bunch, it seems you all bash it because you do not understand, because it seems to unreal. There are those of us who live as what this movie was based on, but not exactly as portrayed as this movie...For the soundtrack, the music is great...but this is my preferred style of music, along with many others. For the setting, that would be the setting for many of us. You people don't understand the true meaning, you fear it, scared to seek the truth, when in actuality, you are the ones who hide. Expand
  31. YleanaS.
    Apr 16, 2003
    This movie was really good but of course as with many movies, it could've been better. I was really saddened to see the minor parts given to Claudia Black, and Leana Olin. But Stuart Townsend was hot as hell!
  32. AshleyN.
    May 13, 2003
    I'm sure you all have bad things to say about this movie, but I don't care. It is full of great actors and actresses. I may not be from a magazine or news paper, but this is a great movie. Its one of the only good romances that doesn't show every part of the female body, and that just makes it better.
  33. KatarzynaL.
    Jun 26, 2003
    I think that the film is great. I admire all the actors and the actresses who starred in it as they did a really good job. Some people criticize the film heavily. I want to say to them: 'For what reasons did you watch that film!? You knew what to expect.If you didn't like the idea you shouldn't have watched it!' I'm sure that true fans of such stories like the one I think that the film is great. I admire all the actors and the actresses who starred in it as they did a really good job. Some people criticize the film heavily. I want to say to them: 'For what reasons did you watch that film!? You knew what to expect.If you didn't like the idea you shouldn't have watched it!' I'm sure that true fans of such stories like the one discussed agree with me. LESTAT RULES!!!! Expand
  34. Shasta
    Jun 5, 2003
    I loved it. i love Stuart Townsend. Aaliyah was alright. but staurt is such a freakin hottie man. i love him. the movie was awesome and it actually made sense. I love stuart's wildside in this movie.
  35. SG
    Jun 5, 2003
    i love stuart townsend, and for all you people who dont like the movie you shouldnt have gone and seen it then. stuart townsend is the hottest man and the mvie was awesome so for you people who didnt like it i have one thing to say to ya "cry me a damn river'
  36. MelissaW.
    Jul 14, 2003
    This movie rocked! Stu is sooo hot. I wouldn't mind him biting my neck ;) Great job on the movie!!
  37. EllieT.
    Jan 26, 2004
    Seriously-to all those who said it was rubbish-yes there is a serious overload of cheese. But to give my opinion look at it, although it doesn't follow the books it DOES say-BASED on the vampire chronicles by Anne Rice. If you've ever seen the Special Features on the DVD you'll know it says that Stuart Townsend didn't wear a blonde wig in the movie because when he did Seriously-to all those who said it was rubbish-yes there is a serious overload of cheese. But to give my opinion look at it, although it doesn't follow the books it DOES say-BASED on the vampire chronicles by Anne Rice. If you've ever seen the Special Features on the DVD you'll know it says that Stuart Townsend didn't wear a blonde wig in the movie because when he did it looked absolutely terrible. excuse me but Akaasha just has such dark skin because oddly enough incase you hadn't noticed-Aaliyah was black (RIP)-get over it. Marius I have to say-I found it quite easy to get into his character but then there is the fact that he is such a poor actor-thank God for Stu and Margarite otherwise we may have died of boredom. I disagree with the critics about the soundtrack-i bought it last week and have loved every minute of it they should stop suckng up to people like Jeniffer Aniston and listen to what's really out there. I'm not a goth and it wasn't really until i saw Interview with the Vampire that i became interested with Vampires. I'm working my way through the chronicles but be prepared don't read them if you're only keen on the films because they just aren't the same. everyone particularly goes on about how the Queen of the Damned does'nt relate anything to it's corresponding-but yet again if you had the speical features you would realise that the Queen of the Damned movie has the Queen of the Damned chronicle and The Vampire Lestat chronicle rolled into it. Stop complaining and see it for what it is-not what it isn't. think about it-contrary to what many people say-the effects are quite good-i've seen much worse on far bigger more ticket selling films-such as Charlie's Angels Full Throttle-but hey who's being picky? the only person who really annoys me in this film is Margarite what's her face who plays Jessie because what a lovelly figure and she gets to snog and god knows what with Stu T-actually so does Aaliyah-but I'm glad i'm not her for the obvious reasons. i think that's about it-so just get off you're high American Pie loving pedistools and start opening your mind to something that's not quite so regular. Love and Hugs! Expand
  38. JessikaS.
    Apr 15, 2004
    I LOVED this movie! It was so...sexy...and dark. Lestat is awesome and had a GREAT performance. I'd let him suck my blood if he wanted!!!! Great movie!
  39. nancyF
    Dec 3, 2005
    The movie was great, i really loved it.
  40. PEleby
    Jun 1, 2005
    I thought the movie was hot! Stewart Townsend was great and he's sooooooo sexy! Aaliyah was boss! I loved the way she commanded the room as she walked in the bar. I really miss her. This was her greatest perfomance. I haven't read the book but I will now. I would like to get to know more about the other characters. The graphics was so cool. I think the people who made this movie I thought the movie was hot! Stewart Townsend was great and he's sooooooo sexy! Aaliyah was boss! I loved the way she commanded the room as she walked in the bar. I really miss her. This was her greatest perfomance. I haven't read the book but I will now. I would like to get to know more about the other characters. The graphics was so cool. I think the people who made this movie did a great job. Stewart Rocks! Expand
  41. LyanH.
    Jun 30, 2006
    The movie is okay but the only reason it rake in money is due to Aaliyah's loyal fans.
  42. AlyssaS.
    Oct 13, 2002
    I love Anne Rice! And I love Vampyres! I personally loved the movie and wanted to watch again and again. This is one of those movies that I can't get enough of! As soon as I save enough money, I'm buying the movie! I'll most probably have the script memorized, but oh well! It's the best movie I've seen in forever!!!!!!
  43. Charlotte
    Oct 18, 2002
    Most people do not seem to understand this film focuses on a different side of the charrater Lestat, compared to Interview where we see Lestat from Louis' point of view. They also do not realise the books 'The Vampire Lestat' and 'Queen Of The Damned' contain too much information to compact into a two hour film. Aalyiah and Stuart played the parts incredibly well, Most people do not seem to understand this film focuses on a different side of the charrater Lestat, compared to Interview where we see Lestat from Louis' point of view. They also do not realise the books 'The Vampire Lestat' and 'Queen Of The Damned' contain too much information to compact into a two hour film. Aalyiah and Stuart played the parts incredibly well, and portrayed the vampires exactly how they should be. It is a shame some people can not appreciate this film as a movie in its own right, rather than a follow up to Interview; which is what it is meant to be. Expand
  44. NicoleB.
    Oct 21, 2002
    It's the best.
  45. KristineU.
    Oct 29, 2002
    I love the Queen of the Damned! This movie was great and it is definitely my favorite movie ever! I love it.
  46. LindseyB.
    Sep 25, 2002
    This movie just inspires me more to find out everything there is to know about VAMPIRES I have always wanted to be one since I was a really little girl. A lot of people tell me that I look like a vampire. I am planning on being a vampire for Halloween, it may be tough. This is one of the most amazing movies ever. I would really like to find a vampire coven here in Niagara Falls, ON Canada This movie just inspires me more to find out everything there is to know about VAMPIRES I have always wanted to be one since I was a really little girl. A lot of people tell me that I look like a vampire. I am planning on being a vampire for Halloween, it may be tough. This is one of the most amazing movies ever. I would really like to find a vampire coven here in Niagara Falls, ON Canada or surrounding areas. Expand
  47. JovanM.
    Jan 11, 2003
    The reason why I gave this movie a 10 is because the movie is very, very, very great. AALIYAH did her damn thing in this movie and so did her co-star STAURT TOWNSAND. they were very very sexy together but I think the movie should have had more of AKASHA because AKASHA played by AALIYAH came out in the middle and before you know it, it was almost at the end however, I hope AALIYAH gets an The reason why I gave this movie a 10 is because the movie is very, very, very great. AALIYAH did her damn thing in this movie and so did her co-star STAURT TOWNSAND. they were very very sexy together but I think the movie should have had more of AKASHA because AKASHA played by AALIYAH came out in the middle and before you know it, it was almost at the end however, I hope AALIYAH gets an oscar for this movie cuz she did the damn thing. I hope God bless her soul cuz she was a beautiful girl and its a shame that all of that talent just went to waste. I think if AALIYAH had lived we would have seen more films with her and STAURT TOWNSAND cuz they worked very well in that movie Ialso hope that AALIYAH winw a grammy at this upcoming awards. Expand
  48. ElizabethB.
    Jan 13, 2003
    I personally admired the writers abilities in creating a movie that combines two books into one. Townsend and Co. played their parts to perfections, staying true to the nature of the books' characters. Even in the 'Queen' book, Akasha was only in it toward the end. The only point taken was for the touch of motivation missing from Lestat's self-destructive wish to have I personally admired the writers abilities in creating a movie that combines two books into one. Townsend and Co. played their parts to perfections, staying true to the nature of the books' characters. Even in the 'Queen' book, Akasha was only in it toward the end. The only point taken was for the touch of motivation missing from Lestat's self-destructive wish to have the coven come. That could've been handled with more narration like we're used to from Rice's characters. The voice-over might have drawn the audience in more. Other than that, I actually preferred the overall casting to that of the first installment. The books, like this movie were edgier and faster. Unfairly maligned movie, deserving of more credit. Expand
  49. KatrinaM.
    Apr 25, 2003
    This movie kicked ass. Stuart Townsend is soooo hott!!! Aaliyah is the coolest person ever!!!!
  50. KeithM.
    Jul 12, 2003
    I thought this movie was ace, compared to the usual crap in movies today, i don't know why these people from mags rated this movie as they dont know knowt about gothic, rock or anythin as there heads r stuck so far up there asses that they only like disney movies, i liked this movie as the music was lyrics weremostly written by JONATHAN DAVIS from KORN and s a design student theI thought this movie was ace, compared to the usual crap in movies today, i don't know why these people from mags rated this movie as they dont know knowt about gothic, rock or anythin as there heads r stuck so far up there asses that they only like disney movies, i liked this movie as the music was lyrics weremostly written by JONATHAN DAVIS from KORN and s a design student the graphics werent 2 bad. Compared to what the stuck up posh git magazine reporters said, this movie is good and if they think they can do better then let them try have a try at making good graphics, and let me laugh at them tryign instead! Expand
  51. CindyD.
    Nov 29, 2004
    I loved this movie! I was really impressed with they way this movie was portrayed and I also liked that it was not all gore and sex. It actually had a plot and charming characters. I loved Letstat, Marius and Jesse. I liked the David character too, but we see him very litte. Surprisingly, I even liked the music, well some of it. Great job.
  52. JessicaR.
    Apr 26, 2005
    That movie was off glass. Aaliyah was working her part that was my best part when she in it.
  53. BlackHorse
    Nov 21, 2002
    This was an awesome movie with an awesome story, it really pulled me in. The characters were perfect, and Stuart Townsend was so fitting of the role. It definitly rocked!

1. Leaves us puzzled as to why the term "damned" applies at all, when vampirism is depicted as so cool, fashion-savvy and glamorous.
  2. At its best, Queen is campy fun like the Vincent Price horror classics of the '60s. At its worst, it implodes in a series of very bad special effects.
    "Queen" is a movie that stoops to jokes like calling Lestat's CD "a monster hit"; the movie is just a plain old monster.