8.1

1. Jun 16, 2013
    The Worst about Radio that it has the same old elements of a sports drama. It gets very boring and melodramatic from this. A BIG DISAPOINMENT FROM THIS MOVIE.
  2. CarlW
    Sep 11, 2004
    Absolutely horrendous! African-americans are on the screen far too rarely to be subjected to an image such as the title character. There is NOTHING right in this movie. Gooding's performance is the worst seen in years.
  3. Eileen
    Dec 4, 2003
    Nothing new. And emotionally empty.
  4. NinjaMafia
    Nov 4, 2003
    Huh Radio....what's wrong with that Radio?(Harry Mason, Silent Hill)I'm sorry I just couldn't resist that. Radio is about a mentally challenged kid who has to face discrimination and what not. I'm going to cut the crap and get right to the chase here. Radio is so overdramatic that it made me cringe. The actors, however, do play their roles pretty well. However, the Huh Radio....what's wrong with that Radio?(Harry Mason, Silent Hill)I'm sorry I just couldn't resist that. Radio is about a mentally challenged kid who has to face discrimination and what not. I'm going to cut the crap and get right to the chase here. Radio is so overdramatic that it made me cringe. The actors, however, do play their roles pretty well. However, the chracters were shallower than (insert metaphor describing something thats shallow here). And my biggest complaint with this movie is how the director tried to get people to understand that Radio was being discriminated because he was mentally challenged, not black.(I'm sorry African American, yeah I know, I'm not politically correct, so sue me) He went even far enough to put a black principal in the school that discriminates against Radio just to show that it is not about his color. I fell really ripped off seeing this movie but it was either this or Good Boy and believe me, I am not in one way interested in good boy. Expand
  5. TarmaR.III
    Oct 30, 2003
    Radio is just the same as always:You will never learn anything about the story at all.
  6. Eric
    Oct 26, 2003
    Total pap, pure melodrama, swelling music, tear-jerking death, meager story.
  7. RadioRaheem
    Oct 24, 2003
    It ain't no "Brian's Song"...

1. The cast, which includes Alfre Woodard and Debra Winger, manages to give thoughtful performances that salvage the film's integrity.
  2. Reviewed by: Robert Koehler
    "Inspired by a true story" it may be, but inspired it's not.
    Anyone who already knows better than to taunt the disabled, or former Oscar winners, should probably give it a pass.