9.0

1. Jul 12, 2012
    Simply the greatest adventure movie ever made. Harrison Ford does great in the title role and the rest of the cast is top tier, as well. Raiders also fascinates me with its interesting back story about the Ark of the Covenant.
  2. Jun 6, 2012
    'Raiders of the Lost Ark' is THE shining example of a brilliant action/adventure blockbuster movie. It's by far my all-time favorite Spielberg film, and worthy of all praise it gets. I've seen all the Indy movies, and this one is definitely the best! I'd rank it among the best Steven Spielberg movies ever (and I'm not the only one): http://www.ranker.com/list/the-best-steven-spielberg-movies/lons
  3. Apr 2, 2012
    First off, this is a 10 out of 10. Such a great adventure, that's just a masterpiece. Acting is great. Harrison ford was outstanding. Score is phenomenal. The classic lost ark music is just fun to listen, and overall it's just great to listen to. Story is also really good. Action sequences are great. Really well made. Overall, this is an outstanding movie. You should see this movie. It'll be a mistake if you don't see it. Expand
  4. Mar 28, 2012
    This movie is a true classic, really entertaining, very funny and some really brilliant action scenes, Harrison Ford is excellent in it, bringing loads of swagger to the role, easily an excellent movies that kicked off one of the best movies franchises there is.
  5. Feb 23, 2012
    A stone cold classic. Anyone who says otherwise must not like old school movies. Indiana Jones was a big influence on my youthful imagination. Spielberg and Lucas got it right with this first film in the series.
  6. Jan 13, 2012
    I FINALLY got round to watching this movie. It was great but I didn't really have as much fun as when I did while watching the Temple Of Doom. It's still a great movie and I'm glad I watched it.
  7. Nov 20, 2011
    I really liked it. Thought it was a good adventure film that established Harrison Ford as the go to guy for any action film. This is a must watch for anyone.
  8. Oct 4, 2011
    The film is so funny, it has a good soundtrack, the characters are funny that is what makes the movie so funny, the effects are good and creepy sometimes, it has good action, one of the best of that genre, and the only one in being nominated in the Best Picture Category. One of the best films made by Steven Spielberg.
  9. Sep 24, 2011
    "Raiders of the Lost Ark" is a adventurous movie that plays out like a TV series, but one with a powerful script, cast, and story. Its like watching the best moments of TV in one cool movie.
  10. CRL
    Aug 9, 2011
    Dated though it's special effects may be, Raiders is still a very entertaining thriller with one of the most recognizable characters in film history along with one of the most spontaneously funny fight scenes ever (if you don't know what I'm talking about, it involves a gun and a knife).
  11. Jul 25, 2011
    I saw the movie first when I was 15. Back then, I thought it was spectacular. Now, when I watch it, I think it is extremely cheesy, with really bad dialogue, and with almost every scene looking so staged that it is unreal. You can almost see somebody yelling 'Action' and then the awful action sequence starts. Not an ounce of excitement, it looks just really ridiculous. The Germans are made look so dumb and stereotyped, it is just embarrassing. BAD FILMMAKING ! I guess it was a learning experience for Spielberg... Expand
  12. May 5, 2011
    This film is "The" Adventure film and an example of how to make a good blockbuster flick. Entertaining as hell with memorable action scenes, solid acting and a well told story. Absolute joyride from beginning to end.
  13. Apr 26, 2011
    Let me start by saying that this was one of the most excellent films of the 80s. Exciting, fast-paced, and a masterpiece itself. The debt that Harrison Ford brings to his character is outstanding, and nothing made his carreer lift off as well as this. This film is perfect in many ways, besides the dialogue. but for right now, I'll start with the story. The idea of finding the Lost Ark is not very original, for it was attempted many times in real life. But the fact that an archeoligist, inside a Nazi camp, with plenty of back-stabbers, and the sexiest, most beatiful women he'll ever meet AND trying to find the lost ark. Now thats original. Then the acting in this film is pure goodness. Sadly, Harrison Ford wasw robbed of a nomination-yes, not an award, but a NOMINATION- and thats just sad for the Academy. The acting by lead actress Karen Allen isnt as good as I hoped, but still a passing grade. Which is just one of the reasons why I gave this film an 8, not an expected 10, like most people. So, acting is good. Then comes the cinematagrophy. Wow. Next is the sound and soundtrack. This main theme might have been one of the best ever. Its one of the most recognizable, and it is such a pity that it didn't win the Academy Award. John Williams seemed to have put in a ton of effort into building this soundtrack, and it paid off. Never has a main theme been more enjoyable to listen to, other than Star War's and Pirates of the Carribean's. It will live on not in just movie history, but musical history, as well. Then I move on to the special effects. The special effects in this film were very gratifying, especially in the 80s. When I saw this film, I could've sworn it wasn't a movie from the 20th century. But, as usual, the wonders if film tricked me again. What great effects and what genuine editing. It's all simply marvelous. But then I move on to what mainly gave this movie an 8. The dialogue. Some of the dialogue in this film was to much to handle, and I really couldn't. When the dialogue was good, it was alright, but when it was bad, it was horrible. And most of the time it was bad. "You can't do this to me, I'm an AMERICAN," was one of the most memorable quotes. Yes, most memorable. But I wont complain anymore, because all in all, this film is as adventure films get. In the end, I give it a deserving 8/10. Expand
  14. Apr 6, 2011
    Thanks to its unforgettable characters, excellent story, breathtaking action, great cinematography, and a perfect score from John Williams, Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark is one of the all time classic action movies!
  15. Mar 28, 2011
    Awesome movie that introduced Harrison Ford's most iconic role (sorry Han Solo fans). Only complaint I had was because of the way the Ark of the Covenant was portrayed, but everything else was great!
  16. Mar 4, 2011
    Very good story and lots of great action. All the acting was done very well. This was the best of the series.
  17. Dec 16, 2010
    10yrs old watching this in the movie theater.... nothing better. Just watched it again the other night and I still like it very much... still a 9 for me 30 some yrs later :)
  18. Nov 1, 2010
    It doesn't have the same depth as Star Wars, but Harrison Ford's performance is the only saving grace in this entertaining adventure film.

1. Harrison Ford gave one of his most memorable performances as Indiana Jones, a dashing Saturday matinee idol for the modern age.
    Travels fast and straight down a linear plot, and the ceaseless rush quickly becomes monotonous.
    Plays like an anthology of the best parts from all the Saturday matinee serials ever made.