Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: March 13, 1987
8.7
Universal acclaim based on 134 Ratings
Watch Now
JustinTNov 10, 2007
A strange funny film. Without a doubt my favorite non "Goof-Ball" comedy out there.
0 of 1 users found this helpful
AnneB.Nov 10, 2007
Brilliant, even after about 100 viewings. Since seeing this all-time family favorite, I never miss a Coen brothers movie.
0 of 1 users found this helpful
CassianJJan 6, 2008
Wow this film just gets better with age. This is a classic movie which proves that script and character will always give you more than any amount of dollars thrown at a movie. This is classic Coen brothers
AaronS.Jul 19, 2006
One of the five funniest movies of all time. That loud sound is the movie's brilliance zooming over the long-forgotten L.A. Times critic's head. But apparently she wasn't alone. Inexplicable.
JohnG.Jul 24, 2006
Close to a classic film. Critics tend to overthink the plot, the humor, and story to their own disenchantment. It's Arizona circa 1984 with a twist of Easy Rider, an atmosphere of lingering Goldwater & earthy individualism all marinated Close to a classic film. Critics tend to overthink the plot, the humor, and story to their own disenchantment. It's Arizona circa 1984 with a twist of Easy Rider, an atmosphere of lingering Goldwater & earthy individualism all marinated in original comedic advances. Enjoy it! Expand
JayG.Sep 15, 2005
It taps into a part of american redneck culture; and hence comedy- trailers, lawn chairs, country accents, shot guns, and still there is something very human and endearing in the characters and story. A very colorful, hilarious movie.
CritiqueGirlMar 4, 2011
Funny and I did laugh out loud once but overall it wasn't that great a movie. I only watched it once many years ago and I would probably watch it if friends wanted to.
MovieGuysJul 7, 2014
While Raising Arizona isn't a bad effort from the Coens, there's something about the movie that makes me think "they can do better." However, it still is quirky and sweet enough to be watchable.
ZachSchellerAug 14, 2016
Pitch perfect Coens comedy while also surprisingly mainstream. It may be their best blend in all their comedies, with a hilarious Nicholas Cage in the lead role.