Rambo

7.9

1. May 23, 2011
    One of my favourite movies, it really deserves more than it got. Great story and action, Stallone is really charismatic. An awesome finale to the series.
  2. sanjay
    pretty gruesome stuff!!
  3. MarkE.
    Jan 25, 2008
    In my opinion although it's more like a FACT, this movie was very well directed and written. It takes place in a very realistic environment and is in a very real life situation that could pass for something that still happens in 3rd world countries today. The action in the film is definately for true moviegoers and definately for Rambo fans. If you want fast paced, eye popping, jaw In my opinion although it's more like a FACT, this movie was very well directed and written. It takes place in a very realistic environment and is in a very real life situation that could pass for something that still happens in 3rd world countries today. The action in the film is definately for true moviegoers and definately for Rambo fans. If you want fast paced, eye popping, jaw dropping, heart pumping action then this is the movie for you. I personaly think this movie should be enjoyed by all who know or dont know what great film-making is all about. I'd say congratulations Stallone on bringing a nice BANG to start 2008 and I hope there are more ideas in the works. Expand
  4. Balla
    Feb 15, 2008
    Insane adrenaline rush action film that didn't need to make me think for me to thoroughly enjoy it.
  5. JeffI.
    Feb 8, 2008
    I cant even begin to explain how great this movie was.
  6. BrianF.
    Jan 25, 2008
    This movie was great due to the extreme action scenes. This movie is packed with dismemberments, 50 cal shells, and explosions. Richard Crenna would have would have gone a long way rounded out the film a bit better (RIP). However, the tight editing kept the action from mixing together into an incoherent mess. This is an action movie of course but it does bring the plight of the Karen This movie was great due to the extreme action scenes. This movie is packed with dismemberments, 50 cal shells, and explosions. Richard Crenna would have would have gone a long way rounded out the film a bit better (RIP). However, the tight editing kept the action from mixing together into an incoherent mess. This is an action movie of course but it does bring the plight of the Karen people to light. It is hard to believe that some of these crimes against humanity are actually happening. Stallone brings the character of John Rambo around full circle and the body count is very high (246 kills) but this is rated R after all. Great movie, I can't wait for a sequel!!! Expand
  7. RandyB.
    Jan 25, 2008
    This really is an owesome movie!!! Be ready for heavy duty military action.
  8. AndrewN.
    Jan 25, 2008
    U.S.A.! U.S.A.! This movie was simply amazing. It brought entertainment to the whole crowd. Everyone in the theatre was oo'ing and ah'ing and hell yeah'ing through the entire movie. Amazing.
  9. MattB.
    Jan 28, 2008
    I would like to know how all these critics got their jobs. Because they are freaking idiots. This movie was Awesome. Any critic that says otherwise is an idiot.
  10. MyatK.
    Feb 21, 2008
    Excessively violence I suppose but being a Burmese person, being violent to an evil regime seems rather justified. As a movie though, I was not disappointed. I knew it was going to be violent and damn did it deliver. This is the most awesome Rambo movie, like he LIQUIDATES like a 100 soldiers. awesome.
  11. PekkaH.
    Feb 23, 2008
    Excellent movie! Could have been half an hour longer but still delivers.
  12. AlanP.
    Jan 25, 2008
    Oh man. I went into this movie expecting very, very little. I was very, very surprised. Forgive my stereotyping, but I doubt this will be a movie you'd want to take your wife or girlfriend to, unless they loved Saving Private Ryan. The plot is perfect, what little plot there is, you at least feel like Rambo is fighting for something, not just pulling the trigger. You WANT him to take Oh man. I went into this movie expecting very, very little. I was very, very surprised. Forgive my stereotyping, but I doubt this will be a movie you'd want to take your wife or girlfriend to, unless they loved Saving Private Ryan. The plot is perfect, what little plot there is, you at least feel like Rambo is fighting for something, not just pulling the trigger. You WANT him to take out the bad guys, and man, does he! Surprisingly well directed by Sly himself. Loved every minute. I gave it a 9 because, cmon it's Rambo-not Raiders of the Lost Ark. Expand
  13. JayM
    Jan 29, 2008
    for all the people who thought this movie was going to be bad your so WRONG. this movie is pact with action,violence,gore. great movie 4 STARS!!!! deserves an Oscar. by far the best movie ive seen in a long time. those critics don't know anything there job is to destroy good movies. bastards. Stallone brilliant actor/director. LONG LIVE SYLVESTER STALLONE
  14. Micah
    Jan 28, 2008
    Holy Crap that was awesome! In a culture that demands that everyone must be equally and pathetically feminine, I completely expected the critics to respond in the same spineless, limp way they always do. Heaven forbid a man act like one. Anyway don't worry, I'm sure watching one episode of "Will and Grace" will wash that mean man right out of your hair. For everybody else, keep Holy Crap that was awesome! In a culture that demands that everyone must be equally and pathetically feminine, I completely expected the critics to respond in the same spineless, limp way they always do. Heaven forbid a man act like one. Anyway don't worry, I'm sure watching one episode of "Will and Grace" will wash that mean man right out of your hair. For everybody else, keep them coming! There are some of us that still haven't found that feminine side yet. Expand
  15. LarryN.
    Feb 8, 2008
    Went with my dad & son for a Saturday afternoon at the movies. My son picked Rambo, I had little to no expectations. This is an excellent action film, very well done, from the cinematography to the sound, direction, script, special effects, and acting. Of course if this not your favorite movie genre & you don't like Stallone stay away, but please leave your bogus comments to yourself.
  16. Nick
    Jan 25, 2008
    just saw it as the fourth movie in a Rambo marathon, and even after the first three, it stands out for being crazy violent. really fun, really good, nice way to say goodbye to an 80s icon.
  17. MathewK.
    Jan 26, 2008
    Saw the movie lastnight! just as Thomas said! absolutly amazing...explosions,mindless gruesome violence and manliness! none of the censor-board-safe-good-for-my-child!loved the movie!
  18. BryanC
    Jan 26, 2008
    Rambo kicked my ASS! A great finale to the series.
  19. MelvinD.
    Jan 30, 2008
    The best thing about this movie is that it depicts what's going on in Myanmar(albeit a little bit exaggerated). Sure... it doesn't have the critic-appealing factors in movies like Children of Men but IMO, the best movies are the ones that stick in your head and stays in your mind (i even heard guys whistling to the Rambo tune in the washroom after the movie)...and Rambo 4 The best thing about this movie is that it depicts what's going on in Myanmar(albeit a little bit exaggerated). Sure... it doesn't have the critic-appealing factors in movies like Children of Men but IMO, the best movies are the ones that stick in your head and stays in your mind (i even heard guys whistling to the Rambo tune in the washroom after the movie)...and Rambo 4 definitely leaves a lasting impact. Great movie to watch if you have the balls for it. To me, it really made me look at the Myanmar situation seriously. And for that alone, this movie deserves a perfect 10. Expand
  20. JosephS.
    Feb 3, 2008
    Much more like first blood than its sequels. This is by far the best Rambo since first blood. and boy is it violent. You like action.....than don't miss Rambo.
  21. CatalinS.
    Feb 4, 2008
    John Rambo is a real action movie.Probably the best. The movie have a deep message and is outstanding.Maybe the critics wants to see in John Rambo a love movie well its not, its a masterpiece. This is the best Rambo .
  22. OsitoH.
    Feb 6, 2008
    I really enjoyed it. Stallone is a man with moral as well as physical courage--he has the cajones to say that when dealing with evil men it takes more than appealing to their better nature.
  23. JRoth
    Mar 24, 2008
    It could be as good as "First Blood", but the need to show flying limbs and "strong lines" it's way down. I like many things on this movie, and surely is in par with Rambo II. Maybe it's a cross genre, a homage or Sly only wanted to show all his fury and hatred. For an action movie, maybe we couldn't ask for more. But man, this is not Commando. This is not Delta Force. This It could be as good as "First Blood", but the need to show flying limbs and "strong lines" it's way down. I like many things on this movie, and surely is in par with Rambo II. Maybe it's a cross genre, a homage or Sly only wanted to show all his fury and hatred. For an action movie, maybe we couldn't ask for more. But man, this is not Commando. This is not Delta Force. This is John Rambo, and he deserve some respect... since Rambo III, actually. Sometimes the violence is necessary. Sometimes, we want to and we need to see it happening to feel a little confort while the bad guys are dying. But sometimes, just sometimes, we want to imagine, and Sly doesn't open this window for us. Let's hope in the next episode of Rambo, Sly forget about the excess, think about better lines, and gives us what John Rambo wants to tell. Expand
  24. PeterJ.
    Jun 10, 2008
    Fantastic movie. While it may be a bit gorey, this is reality over there. A Rambo shoot em up with a political message. Couldn't have done a much better job. The critics have officially lost their minds.
  25. AlfonsoR
    Jan 22, 2008
    Sly is back on top after a slight misstep with 06's Balboa. An almost perfect movie if it wasn't for the score. If Sly would have brought in his brother Frankie to do the music, this would have been a perfect 10!
  26. ThomasB
    Jan 22, 2008
    It's Rambo. Based on the Rating: "R for strong graphic bloody violence, sexual assaults, grisly images and language" It is everything Rambo is about, it doesn't need a story, just 1 and a half hours of mindless violence, explosions and manliness. Can't wait for the UK release!
  27. JTBea
    Jan 24, 2008
    oscar worthy, eh..no brining back the true legacy of Rambo, yes! this will turn into a cult class, mark my words a definite fan pleaser
  28. ChrisC
    Jan 25, 2008
    This movie kicks ASS!!! It did not disappoint. It's everything that a Rambo movie should be, it's the most surrealistic violence since Saving Private Ryan. Stallone knows how to end a series...
  29. RaviS.
    Jan 25, 2008
    It's great to see John back....Stallone has excelled again in direction after Rocky Balboa....a treat to Rambo fans.
  30. AlanM.
    Jan 25, 2008
    Don't bring your girlfriend - go to a bar and have a few with your buds and prepare to be blown away by some of the most graphic combat scenes every to make the screen! There are some classic one-liners by Rambo and if you can accept the movie for what it is...you will enjoy the ride of your life! P.S. Bring a helmet...
  31. NickC.
    Jan 25, 2008
    Why did the Philadelphia Inquirer give it such a low score and such a positive comment? I'd be disappointed if the critics liked this one.
  32. JoeS
    Jan 26, 2008
    This was the BEST action film I've seen in 20 years!!! It's nice to see a movie made for guys who wear their balls with pride!!!
  33. chrissmrzzz
    Jan 26, 2008
    WOW, i expected garbage, but came out surprised and pleased...lol...lots of action, very intense at times...the bad guys are reallly bad, which makes it that much more exciting when rambo takes them out.......funniest part...KING KOBRAA!
  34. YeminH.
    Jan 26, 2008
    A fantastic and highly entertaining move. What a rush! More manliness than critics can handle. We need more rambo! Sylvester, give us another!
  35. NT
    Jan 26, 2008
    Great movie to kick off the year. 1.5 hours of blood and explosions, that's what Rambo is all about!
  36. EricC.
    Jan 27, 2008
    That Philadelphia Inquirer review made me want to see it more.
  37. Molliew.
    Jan 27, 2008
    Rambo got me emotionally involved. A strong American kicking some butt that deserved it. A movie like this has been long over due. Thank you Sly.
  38. JohnN.
    Jan 27, 2008
    It's funny looking at the "professional reviewers" compared to the viewers. They are not allowed to say they liked this movie. It was a blast. It was Rambo. He shows up, kicks the crap out of 200 guys, and goes home. I really loved it.
  39. LamontR.
    Jan 27, 2008
    The best part of this movie, which is an absolute meat grinder (like the first 20 minutes of "Saving Private Ryan" on steroids - with about 20 carbon copies of Mau from "The Deer Hunter" thrown in for good measure), was the fact that just about everyone in my theater in Marina Del Rey - all dudes, of coruse - was talking or yelling at the screen pretty much throughout every action scene. The best part of this movie, which is an absolute meat grinder (like the first 20 minutes of "Saving Private Ryan" on steroids - with about 20 carbon copies of Mau from "The Deer Hunter" thrown in for good measure), was the fact that just about everyone in my theater in Marina Del Rey - all dudes, of coruse - was talking or yelling at the screen pretty much throughout every action scene. Stuff like, "Oh, yeah, that dude NEEDs killin". When somebody's head flies off, or 3 or 4 dudes simultaneously liquify around a Claymore, the theater just erupted. It was a pretty darned good time. Not nearly as much story as First Blood I or II, but I'd compare Rambo to "Rocky Balboa" - a reminder of how cool the series was - a celebration of the series with some over-the-top mayhem. All I know is that the Burmese can't be too happy with their portrayal in this - I don't think ever a group of "bad guys" has looked this bad. Oh well, they all get killed anyway. Expand
  40. johnr
    Jan 27, 2008
    I am not sure if critics even know what to look for in a movie. I realize in today's politically correct non emasculating society that we live in that a action hero is not popular. But, in this case, they are incredibly wrong, Rambo freaking rocks.
    Jan 27, 2008
    The critics suck balls . you will pay to see something you probably never saw before . must see Action flick !!!!
  42. ToddA
    Jan 28, 2008
    what more could you ask for in an action movie? no cheesy love scenes, no stupid anti-war topics. just a man who knows what he was bred to do. and plenty of bad people to do it to. sure its a bit on the brutal side but if you cant take that then what the hell are you doing living in disneyland. fantastic action, great characters best movie in a loooong time
  43. dutchMatrix
    Jan 28, 2008
    This is an awesome movie! Everyone loves war movies, Call of duty 4 anyone? Please tell all your friends to se it. why doesn't Arnold and Sly make a movie? I love 80's movies, now we need an 80's President!
  44. ChrisS.
    Jan 28, 2008
    The best one since First Blood!
  45. LonnieC.
    Jan 28, 2008
    Rambo was exactly what I expected it to be: an over-the-top ode to the action movies of the 80s and 90s. It starts a little slow, but once the action starts, it rarely let's up. This was definitely not Citizen Kane or Gone With the Wind, but it was a mantastic thrillride. If you've ever enjoyed a Rambo movie, you must see this.
  46. BrandonC.
    Jan 28, 2008
    This movie was great. Every single Stallone film that comes out gets panned, this one in particular because it has a powerful right wing message. Theres very little dialog, and a lot of good dying, but when they do talk, they tell you the only way to fix war is kill even more.
  47. AndyA
    Jan 28, 2008
    Well, if you read the critic
  48. DougP.
    Jan 31, 2008
    Best movie I have seen in ages. Amazing. Gore. Blood. Action. And a huge body count. Fk the critics.
  49. TheSacMan
    Jan 30, 2008
    This exceeded my expectations. I mean I was dragged to this movie thinking it was going to suck. I made the mistake listening to the critics. Never again.
  50. MarkR.
    Feb 17, 2008
    I'm 24 years old and I never had the chance to watch a Rambo movie in a movie theater... It was like watching an old friend coming back, thank you Stallone. Go see it.
  51. JimC
    Feb 18, 2008
    There were awesome explosions and kills. It was a great movie,but not worth a 10.
  52. TedP.
    Feb 19, 2008
    Violent? Sure. But brutally authentic. A reminder of war
  53. RyanL.
    Feb 20, 2008
    This is an amazing film and to say its to violent just isn't true because this stuff is actually happening in Burma so overall Stallone puts on an amazing performance.
  54. JohnC
    Feb 2, 2008
    Gone with the wind, Titanic, and Exorcist may be the best in their categories but Rambo is the best in its category!
  55. AnnB.
    Feb 3, 2008
    My husband really wanted to see this one so I went along fully expecting to hate it. Surprise! I liked it for what it was, an action/adventure, shoot'em up. What else would one expect from a Rambo movie? Also, there were quite a few women in the audience at our theater, another surprise.
  56. DanielA
    Feb 3, 2008
    The most fun I've had in ages!
  57. ChristianD.
    Feb 4, 2008
    It was absolutely insane. I went in looking for a Rambo movie and i got a Rambo movie. zero punches were pulled, and it was by far one of the best action movies i have seen in theaters in quite some time. Stallone is back with a vengeance. that man will be making action movies until his heart stops.
  58. MarvinT.
    Feb 8, 2008
    Haha Rambo I don't know how a critic could seriously rate this movie lower then a 10 we all know your not going to see it for the cinematic experience and nice cinematography its Rambo 100 people get blown to bits. Just what I expected.
  59. JakeH.
    Jun 20, 2008
    Yow!!! Bloody and Gory... Just the way i like it.
  60. RobertF.
    Jun 23, 2008
    Fantastic 4th installment for the Rambo series. High energy, powerful story line and great acting/directing.
  61. MarkS.
    Jun 9, 2008
    Hi, I had no trouble with Rambo. When you
  62. JAvi
    Jan 24, 2008
    Best freaking movie (if your a guy) ever, just Rambo tearing up these bad guys in the movie. AWSOME!
  63. JordanS.
    Jan 25, 2008
    Absolutely bad ass! action does not get better then this. Honestly, not even being ironic or anything, this is easily the best directed Stallone movie and in the running for one of his best movies ever. I don't get the bad reviews, I really don't.
  64. SteveAR
    Jan 25, 2008
    Thumbs up to Stallone and his movie career. Rambo is an American hero actor that started from nothing to become world famous. Good job Stallone.
  65. AT
    Jan 25, 2008
    Fun film. It does what you want it to do: entertain
  66. JohnRambo
    Jan 26, 2008
    I am sick of critics . . . look if you are like these idiots and were there on opening night watching Happy Feet then this is not the movie for you. It really does not matter if you are or are not a Rambo fan, this was what action movies are all about, 101 ways to kill a man. Quick character build up . . . gore . . . killing . . . more gore . . . explosion . . . killing, well you get the I am sick of critics . . . look if you are like these idiots and were there on opening night watching Happy Feet then this is not the movie for you. It really does not matter if you are or are not a Rambo fan, this was what action movies are all about, 101 ways to kill a man. Quick character build up . . . gore . . . killing . . . more gore . . . explosion . . . killing, well you get the idea. Great action movie, great way to end the series. 10 of 10. Expand
  67. SuleimanM.
    Jan 26, 2008
    Rambo is a great action flick. I mean, it's not the best movie you'll ever see, but it does what it's supposed to do, and that's being a fun movie to watch. The critics can say what they want, Stallone did this for the fans. You can't expect academy awards from a man over 60 doing an action movie. Over all, very solid movie. The story has something to be desired, Rambo is a great action flick. I mean, it's not the best movie you'll ever see, but it does what it's supposed to do, and that's being a fun movie to watch. The critics can say what they want, Stallone did this for the fans. You can't expect academy awards from a man over 60 doing an action movie. Over all, very solid movie. The story has something to be desired, but the action is grade A. I recommend people watch the first 3 before going into this to get a little history lesson on who John is, but over all, great movie to watch, and something that I highly recommend. Thank you Sylvester, you've done it again. Expand
  68. ProRatersSuckBs
    Jan 26, 2008
    The raters who put less than 50 on this are a bunch of ...s. This movie was the best movie in the history of movie making. Yes, I'm serious, Eugene. Go f... yourselves.
  69. GlennW.
    Jan 26, 2008
    This Movie was the best so far this year. Rotten Tomatoes blow balls. All the critics that gave it under 50 should be sent to Burma to meet the Buddhist monks that want more people like Rambo in their country.
  70. PhilA.
    Jan 26, 2008
    Let's get one thing clear from the start, you do not go to Rambo movies to be educated in the fine arts & languages, OK? Now, everybody knows what a Rambo movie is all about so the question you have to ask yourself is was it entertaining or not. That's the only criterion Rambo movies should ever be graded upon. The short answer for me was a resounding YES! The setup was short, Let's get one thing clear from the start, you do not go to Rambo movies to be educated in the fine arts & languages, OK? Now, everybody knows what a Rambo movie is all about so the question you have to ask yourself is was it entertaining or not. That's the only criterion Rambo movies should ever be graded upon. The short answer for me was a resounding YES! The setup was short, the villain was truly evil and the damsel was indeed in distress. Not to give the ending away, but the good guys win (mostly) in the end. What's not to like? Oh yeah, liberal critics who expect every movie to be PC and "thought provoking". I'll go so far as to say that this movie is a litmus test. If you like it, you're of a conservative mind, don't like it, you're probably an easily offended liberal with no clue as to how the world outside your bubble really works. Go RAMBO! Expand
  71. SerajT.
    Jan 26, 2008
    If the bible had a sequel, it would be Rambo 4. This movie not only owns but actually sends out a powerful message. It shows all the horrible things happening every day in these countries and shows just how horrible violence can be. Also it just plane tight. I thought the movie was ok, but once the climax kicked in i knew this movie was on par with the legendary movie Commando.
  72. Equality7-2521
    Jan 26, 2008
    It feels like it was directed by Umberto Lenzi or Ruggero Deodato. In other words, the carnage rivals that of the spaghetti horror flicks from the 70s and 80s. But the setting is Burma... so that's the way it should be depicted. I tip my hat to Sylvester Stallone for pulling it off. Sure, a bit of the dialogue is cheesy, but that's to be expected. The film is surprisingly a It feels like it was directed by Umberto Lenzi or Ruggero Deodato. In other words, the carnage rivals that of the spaghetti horror flicks from the 70s and 80s. But the setting is Burma... so that's the way it should be depicted. I tip my hat to Sylvester Stallone for pulling it off. Sure, a bit of the dialogue is cheesy, but that's to be expected. The film is surprisingly a pretty noble endeavor. I wish the cast was upgraded and I would have hired Hans Zimmer or Klaus Badelt for the score. But I'm nit picking. BTW, if you're wondering why "the critics gave it crappy reviews" it's because they really haven't. The numbers assigned are arbitrary. It all depends on the bias of the Metacritic.com moderators. Personally, I don't think they do a good job of gauging the proper scores... The A.O. Scott review in the NY Times for example should be a 75. But whatever. Expand
  73. LoganS.
    Jan 26, 2008
    I never thought any movie could give me more action than 2 or 300 but this did! Sly you didn't make it for the critcs you made it for the fans. Best action movie ever!
  74. AllenH.
    Jan 26, 2008
    If you are a fan Of the Rambo series this movie pleases with more of every element of the Rambo series that makes it great. Sylvester is believeable and endearing in this movie.
  75. RobS
    Jan 27, 2008
    Just absolutely stunning visual effects, I don't think i saw any obvious CG. Everything you want from a Rambo movie, with the strange sort of mix of the classics being mixed with new choreographed violence techniques. Yet again, not a chick or crit flick.
  76. jeffm.
    Jan 27, 2008
    my wife and I wanted to see a movie and Rambo was not on our list. We were going to see cloverfield but guys coming out of the theater were shouting "Rambo, freaking awesom". So we reluctantly went and saw the movie. It was fantastic. All action packed, fast paced, real guys movie. We both love it. But if you got young kids, leave them home cause the movie makes saw looks like it was made my wife and I wanted to see a movie and Rambo was not on our list. We were going to see cloverfield but guys coming out of the theater were shouting "Rambo, freaking awesom". So we reluctantly went and saw the movie. It was fantastic. All action packed, fast paced, real guys movie. We both love it. But if you got young kids, leave them home cause the movie makes saw looks like it was made for sissy boys. Expand
  77. ArohS.
    Jan 27, 2008
    Great depiction of what is happening over in Burhma. Jim and Dean should meet each other they'd make a great couple.
  78. dwalker
    Jan 27, 2008
    If you liked the first three rambo movies.................this is a must see....................trust me, you wii agree.
  79. MarcusL.
    Jan 27, 2008
    You got to check this movie out. This movie was a huge surprise. I may go see it again, the action scenes were incredible. The crowd was yelling and at the end of the movie there were applause. Stallone did a great job. I don't understand why the critics are panning this movie so bad. Maybe it was just too American. Awesome!!
  80. johnb.
    Jan 27, 2008
    Awesome film Total blood Bath but awesome fun and campy.
  81. RandyP.
    Jan 27, 2008
    i thought the movie was great, and did the legendary series justice. i also think some of the critics underestimate just how many Rambo fans are left out there. the theatre was packed, there was even applause after the movie ended. the last 40 minutes or so was the best action I've ever seen on the big-screen. Long live John J Rambo!
  82. MattL.
    Jan 27, 2008
    Absolutely amazing! If you don't go and see this movie you are not an American.
  83. Flake
    Jan 27, 2008
    It is what it is. If you go for a balls out action gorefest that mostly ignores plot, character development, etc., then you will like Rambo. It was a very bad movie that I quite enjoyed watching, if that makes any sense.
  84. JSweet
    Jan 28, 2008
    The movie was great. I have no idea what some of these critics are talking about. They need a reality check about war and genocide. I only wish it was longer.
  85. TonyMontana
    Jan 28, 2008
    It was okay. Just what you'd expect. Look out for the rather subtle homo-erotic semiotics. Don't forget RAMBO is, after all, an anagram of 'ARBOM', which is Latin for the ancient act of touching another man's genitals. Big guns, vein-throbbing action - you know what it all means.
  86. FrankW.
    Jan 28, 2008
    This is hands down the best action movie that I've seen in years. Glad to see that Stallone still has the balls to release an "R" Rated movie unlikes some other action stars who made a mvie recently and toned it down so that it could reach a wider younder audience (*Cough* Die Hard). My only complaint is that it wasnt longer while it wouldnt have had the stamina to make it 3 hours, a This is hands down the best action movie that I've seen in years. Glad to see that Stallone still has the balls to release an "R" Rated movie unlikes some other action stars who made a mvie recently and toned it down so that it could reach a wider younder audience (*Cough* Die Hard). My only complaint is that it wasnt longer while it wouldnt have had the stamina to make it 3 hours, a 2 hour film would have been able to wind down the action at a more steady pace instead of just dropping off. All in all though it more than exceeded my expectations and left me wanting more of the old school action heroes. 10/10 Expand
  87. AlbertoC.
    Jan 29, 2008
    When i went to see this, I wasn't expecting much, And I was pleasantly surprised. The movie Starts more like a , Where are they now? Rambo edition episode, and then goes full blast when Rambo joins the mercenary unit to rescue the peace workers. Loved the crazy special fx's in the battle scenes, haven't seen gore that realistic in a war movie since Ryan's Privates, I When i went to see this, I wasn't expecting much, And I was pleasantly surprised. The movie Starts more like a , Where are they now? Rambo edition episode, and then goes full blast when Rambo joins the mercenary unit to rescue the peace workers. Loved the crazy special fx's in the battle scenes, haven't seen gore that realistic in a war movie since Ryan's Privates, I mean Private Ry....humm.... U know what I mean. Expand
  88. DavidD
    Jan 29, 2008
    GREAT movie!! You hit it right on the nail Micah!! That was actually what Sly said in an interview also. I have never seen a movie so loved by both young and old until now. Kudos to Sly for doing such a great job of writing and directing and acting in a time where we all knew he would be made fun of for making another Rambo movie! Just like Rocky, he is really taking charge and kept the GREAT movie!! You hit it right on the nail Micah!! That was actually what Sly said in an interview also. I have never seen a movie so loved by both young and old until now. Kudos to Sly for doing such a great job of writing and directing and acting in a time where we all knew he would be made fun of for making another Rambo movie! Just like Rocky, he is really taking charge and kept the best for last! Great job!! Expand
  89. RaedB.
    Jan 29, 2008
    This is a perfect action flick. It had a all the key things that make a great action flick. This is the only movie I have seen in about 10 years that literally had none stop explosive action.
  90. moviebuff
    Jan 29, 2008
    Tony montana are you in need of some counseling possibly?? Maybe some issues to discuss?? If anyone has ever taken the time to watch a Rambo movie it is not all fluff and frills, it is war. War is blood, this is what you expect when purchasing the tickets.
  91. ToddM
    Jan 30, 2008
    The MPAA rating says it all, "strong graphic bloody violence...." this movie would turn a gay man straight.
  92. BenR.
    Feb 1, 2008
    Second best Rambo movie. Despite its over the top violence it really made me wonder what was going on in Burma.
  93. Andrew
    Feb 13, 2008
    Very entertaining movie.
  94. BrandonE.
    Feb 17, 2008
    I am a Rambo fan since First Blood So I was excited and anxious when I heard This was being filmed. I did go into this thinking Stallone may have a hard time pulling Rambo off at his age, but the story and play fit pretty good with his life timeline as Rambo. Stallone is still in pretty good shape for his age. The acting was somewhat slow at times but bearable. I must admit that I was I am a Rambo fan since First Blood So I was excited and anxious when I heard This was being filmed. I did go into this thinking Stallone may have a hard time pulling Rambo off at his age, but the story and play fit pretty good with his life timeline as Rambo. Stallone is still in pretty good shape for his age. The acting was somewhat slow at times but bearable. I must admit that I was absolutely awed by the Graphic brutality that Stallone was obviously trying to portray of the Burmese Army. I believe this was Stallone's way of showing the world the Burmese situation. This film is as Much a political cry for the Burmese people as it was showing Evil getting it's just due in the end. Having said all that I was pleasantly surprised by this Movies message and stunned at the same time that humans can be that brutal and evil to one another. It is a different type of Rambo, but a good one in my mind. Expand
  95. AdamM.
    Feb 19, 2008
    No matter what any of the critics can say about the film, it delivers. Anyone going into this movie expecting the storyline of a Braveheart or even Saving Private Ryan would have to be kidding themselves. This movie gives the fans exactly what they would hope to see. Action, explosions, blood, guts, and Stallone coming out as a bad ass. Truly a GREAT guy flick.
  96. AmselJ.
    Feb 27, 2008
    Best Rambo movie so far, considering that all the others were not that entertaining.
  97. JoeyW.
    Feb 5, 2008
    There is no doubt that this movie is built around as many fight scenes as possible. And although the plot was shaky and acting was bad, the fight scenes were truly amazing, and the way Rambo kills the hundreds of people that he does is truly awesome! Also I think it was smart of Stalone to leave himself nearly two different lines in the first quarter of the movie.
  98. RobertL
    Mar 14, 2008
    Does exactly what it says on the tin! Classical 80s action flick with up-to-date special effects and sound. A brutal gore-fest of exuberant proportions, but it makes for one hell of a roller-coaster ride. Forget the lack of deep character development and insight into the human condition, that's not what this film ever promised to be about.
  99. Ronnie
    Mar 5, 2008
    Brutal..... Bloody.... and Brilliant.... forget what some of these foolish critics say... if you like Rambo 1st blood then you will love Rambo 4... the various ways in which the enemy die keep you compelled to whats going on in the film and the supporting cast also deserve a round of applause... 10 out of 10 easily.
  100. Zinegata
    Apr 27, 2008
    What the critics don't get - and why they keep giving it bad reviews - is that at its core Rambo is not an action flick. It just looks like one - although to be fair that's also part of its appeal. Instead, the new Rambo is really a war movie. It has more in common with Saving Private Ryan or Black Hawk Down than something like Die Hard or Terminator. It's a film about What the critics don't get - and why they keep giving it bad reviews - is that at its core Rambo is not an action flick. It just looks like one - although to be fair that's also part of its appeal. Instead, the new Rambo is really a war movie. It has more in common with Saving Private Ryan or Black Hawk Down than something like Die Hard or Terminator. It's a film about soldiers - and what they have to endure to make sure the rest of us can sleep safe at night. (In fact, listen carefully to the music near the end of the movie. There are several pieces that are very similar the to music played at the beginning of Saving Private Ryan) As Rambo himself said to the mercenaries, "This is what we do. This is who we are. Live for nothing, or die for something." And there's nothing wrong with that. Expand

In the Rambo canon, where does this one fit? The tone is closer to "First Blood" but the body count is more "Rambo III." No matter how one dices and slices this new Rambo, the first one in 20 years, it will likely please fans of the long-in-the-tooth series.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Stallone (who looks fit but mostly keeps his shirt on) has no intention of bogging the action down, but it's still a notably cheerless exercise, without knowing winks or stabs (pardon the expression) at humor. It is in all respects, rather, a completely workmanlike effort.
  3. In short, No. 4 is one big snore.