Rambo

8.2

1. Jan 19, 2015
    O Que posso dizer,não esperava tanto de Rambo IV,mas subestimei Stallone mas pode deixar que essa é a primeira e última vez.
    Brilhantemente escrito,dirigido e atuado por Sylvester Stallone!!!.
    Excelente história criada por Sly,uma certa cena de guerra no filme comove. Um excelente entretenimento,sangrento,cheio de ação e cheio de mensagem.
  2. Nov 14, 2013
    I dont consider this as an sequel or even an Rambo movie praticular. And this coming from an guy who grew up with the Rambo series. And having Stallone as one of my all time favorite movie stars. This movie was literally an mess. Some say its better than the previous movies. Just shows how the generation gets dumber over the years. Now gore is standard in action movies? I can watch all theI dont consider this as an sequel or even an Rambo movie praticular. And this coming from an guy who grew up with the Rambo series. And having Stallone as one of my all time favorite movie stars. This movie was literally an mess. Some say its better than the previous movies. Just shows how the generation gets dumber over the years. Now gore is standard in action movies? I can watch all the Rambo movies over and over. I couldnt watch this movie even when you paid me. Expand
  3. Jul 1, 2013
    What's good about First Blood is that not only is it one of the best action movie of the 80s, it's also an emotional portrayal of the psychological after-effects of the Vietnam War. Rambo tries to re-integrate into society, the challenge that's face by many American veterans, and Stallone was brilliant as Rambo.

After the success of the first film, it spins bad to mediocre sequels and

After the success of the first film, it spins bad to mediocre sequels and Rambo is one of them. The war may be fictionalized but at least make it believable like First Blood. There is no new ideas in Rambo, just more mindless violence. A film that values money over imagination, fan boys just eat it up without even realizing that Rambo is not as deep as First Blood. Therefore, it's not as good.

More violence, killing (236 guys) and gore doesn't make it good or better. The final action sequence is just stupid, it's just Rambo on a machine gun shooting down guys for about 10 minutes. Anyone could have come up with that! This is not the worst Rambo film, Rambo III is, but it does suck. Not seen Rambo: First Blood Part II but who cares, it's not highly cerebral.
  4. Jun 15, 2013
    Although this film lacks an original story and the acting is sub par at best, the over the top violence and unrealistic action scenes help make this film decent enough to watch it at least once.
  5. Dec 7, 2012
    A very fitting end to a great action hero. One could argue that it even gives First Blood a run for it's money. Stallone is at his best here imo. I liked it.
  6. Aug 16, 2012
    The level of violence and brutality may turn off some, but it's an undeniably entertaining action movie that proves Stallone still has it in him for a man of his age.
  7. Nov 26, 2011
    Easily the best Rambo film in the franchise. Its a good way to send off such a classic action hero. Stallone was at his best in this film and it was good from start to finish.
  8. Jun 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Extremely bloody and gory fourth installment to the Rambo franchise. In my opinion, also the best. A very simple story of missionaries hiring Rambo to take them into war-torn Burma. Missionaries getting captured by ruthless hostile forces. Mercenaries getting Rambo to take them into Burma to save missionaries. Rambo having to kick-ass and save all of them. Expand
  9. May 31, 2011
    Kick ass, ball busting, gut pounding, non-stop action flick that has enormous conviction and emotional resonance! The theme of this film is so devastating, both emotionally and physically, and you just can't stop yourself wanting to see Rambo kick even more ass! This film hit every target with a bullseye!
  10. May 23, 2011
    One of my favourite movies, it really deserves more than it got. Great story and action, Stallone is really charismatic. An awesome finale to the series.
  11. Mar 27, 2011
    Great action movie that was severely under rated by the critics! If you're a fan of any of the previous Rambo films then this is a must see. I think the soundtrack also deserves a special mention as well as the excellent yet simple portrayal of the main character. Visceral!
  12. RobertF.
    Jun 23, 2008
    Fantastic 4th installment for the Rambo series. High energy, powerful story line and great acting/directing.
  13. JakeH.
    Jun 20, 2008
    Yow!!! Bloody and Gory... Just the way i like it.
  14. AndyP
    Jun 17, 2008
    I wasn't expecting much, but the new Rambo is destined to become a cult classic. The violence is way over the top and the story line the same. I laughed out loud four or five times. Not a war movie or an action movie, what I relate it to is a Italian horror flick. Ridiculous and and fabulous at the same time, but not for the faint of heart or haters of blood and guts.
  15. PeterJ.
    Jun 10, 2008
    Fantastic movie. While it may be a bit gorey, this is reality over there. A Rambo shoot em up with a political message. Couldn't have done a much better job. The critics have officially lost their minds.
  16. MarkS.
    Jun 9, 2008
    Hi, I had no trouble with Rambo. When you
  17. MiKE
    Jun 2, 2008
    Very enjoyable, very graphic and brutal action scenes. decent story, but the ending left me wanting more. Overall a big suprise in how good the movie was.
  18. TheBigmac
    Jun 1, 2008
    Don't listen to the critics on this one. (Or on any other for that matter). They're nothing but a bunch of artsie wannabees who wouldn't know hardcore action if it hit them in the face. Listen to the users on this one. If you're expecting Schindler's list out of this movie you're in the wrong place. If on the other hand you're expecting to revive those Don't listen to the critics on this one. (Or on any other for that matter). They're nothing but a bunch of artsie wannabees who wouldn't know hardcore action if it hit them in the face. Listen to the users on this one. If you're expecting Schindler's list out of this movie you're in the wrong place. If on the other hand you're expecting to revive those nostalgic Saturday afternoons of yore loaded with prisoners of war and delta force, you're in for a treat. I've never seen the carnage of war depicted so viscerally and at the same time so realistically as in here. And the result, kicks ass. I have a newfound respect for Stallone as a director and I will certainly follow his upcoming projects from now on. Thia movie f*ckin rocks! Expand
  19. KeithA.
    May 30, 2008
    This one KICKS ASS! I look forward to the next one, hopefully he does the Mexican script.
  20. DayByDay
    May 28, 2008
    This is war people. War is not a game of peace and love for all you hippies out there. Great job Rambo. I also want to add that he did not want to go in there, but when others bring the war to him, watch out!!!
  21. PaulC
    May 22, 2008
    Love the Rambo movies. This one is like the other Rambo movies. It is refreshing to see a war where somebody has some balls unlike president Bush
  22. JayH.
    May 21, 2008
    As an action movie it is good. There are plenty of explosions and so forth. But Stallone...he has had two hits his entire career - Rocky and Rambo, and he just never let's up capitalizing on the only things that made money for him. Tiresome. Excessively violent, unnecessarily so.
  23. SubigyaS.
    May 19, 2008
    Truth is that, this movie isn't just a movie. It depicts what a civil war is. This movie is not lame, and it is not about an oil war. Oil war is no war, thats not the real war! We should all be aware that war kills people and that is what is depicted here, in a truly graphic sequence. yes, it might be too graphic for somebody hiding behind the shadow of the 50 stars, but, this movie Truth is that, this movie isn't just a movie. It depicts what a civil war is. This movie is not lame, and it is not about an oil war. Oil war is no war, thats not the real war! We should all be aware that war kills people and that is what is depicted here, in a truly graphic sequence. yes, it might be too graphic for somebody hiding behind the shadow of the 50 stars, but, this movie shows that the violence, exists, and it does. Maybe one Rambo and one sharpshooter can not realistically stop it, but at least, they can try. Hope ! Stallone did a fantastic job of portraying the brutality and the violence that takes place in Civil wars...yes, he does seem to have superpowers, which is unrealistic, but the movie experience is gr8. Expand
  24. TrentonD.
    Apr 29, 2008
    The movie did have a slower start, but it fits perfectly with all of the other Rambos. The ending was perfect because he finally came "full circle" like it was discussed in Rambo III. Good movie and full of action.
  25. Zinegata
    Apr 27, 2008
    What the critics don't get - and why they keep giving it bad reviews - is that at its core Rambo is not an action flick. It just looks like one - although to be fair that's also part of its appeal. Instead, the new Rambo is really a war movie. It has more in common with Saving Private Ryan or Black Hawk Down than something like Die Hard or Terminator. It's a film about What the critics don't get - and why they keep giving it bad reviews - is that at its core Rambo is not an action flick. It just looks like one - although to be fair that's also part of its appeal. Instead, the new Rambo is really a war movie. It has more in common with Saving Private Ryan or Black Hawk Down than something like Die Hard or Terminator. It's a film about soldiers - and what they have to endure to make sure the rest of us can sleep safe at night. (In fact, listen carefully to the music near the end of the movie. There are several pieces that are very similar the to music played at the beginning of Saving Private Ryan) As Rambo himself said to the mercenaries, "This is what we do. This is who we are. Live for nothing, or die for something." And there's nothing wrong with that. Expand
  26. AndyC.
    Apr 26, 2008
  27. AquinD.
    Mar 24, 2008
    Superb action, very fast and a decent plot.
  28. JRoth
    Mar 24, 2008
    It could be as good as "First Blood", but the need to show flying limbs and "strong lines" it's way down. I like many things on this movie, and surely is in par with Rambo II. Maybe it's a cross genre, a homage or Sly only wanted to show all his fury and hatred. For an action movie, maybe we couldn't ask for more. But man, this is not Commando. This is not Delta Force. This It could be as good as "First Blood", but the need to show flying limbs and "strong lines" it's way down. I like many things on this movie, and surely is in par with Rambo II. Maybe it's a cross genre, a homage or Sly only wanted to show all his fury and hatred. For an action movie, maybe we couldn't ask for more. But man, this is not Commando. This is not Delta Force. This is John Rambo, and he deserve some respect... since Rambo III, actually. Sometimes the violence is necessary. Sometimes, we want to and we need to see it happening to feel a little confort while the bad guys are dying. But sometimes, just sometimes, we want to imagine, and Sly doesn't open this window for us. Let's hope in the next episode of Rambo, Sly forget about the excess, think about better lines, and gives us what John Rambo wants to tell. Expand
  29. ShaunC
    Mar 22, 2008
    Excellent film....Yes its gory, and yes there are scenes where children get killed...But these things happen over there. That was what Stallone tried to get across, the horrifying things that happen that the general world doesnt know about. And as for Rambo not having much to say, he never did in any of his films. In First Blood (the original), Rambo was a quiet person who just wanted to Excellent film....Yes its gory, and yes there are scenes where children get killed...But these things happen over there. That was what Stallone tried to get across, the horrifying things that happen that the general world doesnt know about. And as for Rambo not having much to say, he never did in any of his films. In First Blood (the original), Rambo was a quiet person who just wanted to be left alone until he was pushed too far by the local law enforcement. He's the same in this, just wants his quiet life until he is again forced into fighting to save peoples lives. Excellent film, blood thirsty but what do people think real warfare is, a slap round the face. My girlfriend loved it, she hates violent films but understood what the film was trying to get across. Expand
  30. RobertL
    Mar 14, 2008
    Does exactly what it says on the tin! Classical 80s action flick with up-to-date special effects and sound. A brutal gore-fest of exuberant proportions, but it makes for one hell of a roller-coaster ride. Forget the lack of deep character development and insight into the human condition, that's not what this film ever promised to be about.
  31. Jag
    Mar 13, 2008
    This movie was surprisingly interesting in the begging. when I saw the trailers I'm like ''Tit doesn't seem like anything spacial. Just another violent action movie''. Man was I wrong it was very satisfying rambo didn't have enough lines so it made it difficult to understand who he was and the movie was a bit to short or atleast it seemed to be. If you This movie was surprisingly interesting in the begging. when I saw the trailers I'm like ''Tit doesn't seem like anything spacial. Just another violent action movie''. Man was I wrong it was very satisfying rambo didn't have enough lines so it made it difficult to understand who he was and the movie was a bit to short or atleast it seemed to be. If you like was action this movie is for you. Expand
  32. MattCohen
    Mar 10, 2008
    total crap :/
  33. Ronnie
    Mar 5, 2008
    Brutal..... Bloody.... and Brilliant.... forget what some of these foolish critics say... if you like Rambo 1st blood then you will love Rambo 4... the various ways in which the enemy die keep you compelled to whats going on in the film and the supporting cast also deserve a round of applause... 10 out of 10 easily.
  34. PeterS
    Feb 28, 2008
    A film under any other name would be just as sweet? In this case no. This film really should be lauded for bringing the atrocities in Myanmar/Burma to the general populace... but by veiling it under the name of this tired action franchise it turns it into a 'boys film' when what it really should do is be used as a tool to get something done about the crisis. It is one of those A film under any other name would be just as sweet? In this case no. This film really should be lauded for bringing the atrocities in Myanmar/Burma to the general populace... but by veiling it under the name of this tired action franchise it turns it into a 'boys film' when what it really should do is be used as a tool to get something done about the crisis. It is one of those films where the graphic nature MAY, just about, justified. However, this does not detract from the fact that Sylvester Stalonne's acting and directing abilities are too wooden for words. Better than Rambos II and III. Expand
  35. AmselJ.
    Feb 27, 2008
    Best Rambo movie so far, considering that all the others were not that entertaining.
  36. ShakirA.
    Feb 24, 2008
    Film was great, 10/10 easily great film to watch. A must see.
  37. PekkaH.
    Feb 23, 2008
    Excellent movie! Could have been half an hour longer but still delivers.
  38. MartinA.
    Feb 23, 2008
    Absolutely brilliant! Entertained the whole way through with great direction. the action was graphic yet realistic, the storyline worked well and in the end it had heart. Well done Sly.
  39. JasonG
    Feb 22, 2008
    Best one yet, I love action and gore and it has both. If you don't like action, gore or violence, don't rate it, don't even watch it, opinions are like a**holes, every one has one.
  40. MyatK.
    Feb 21, 2008
    Excessively violence I suppose but being a Burmese person, being violent to an evil regime seems rather justified. As a movie though, I was not disappointed. I knew it was going to be violent and damn did it deliver. This is the most awesome Rambo movie, like he LIQUIDATES like a 100 soldiers. awesome.
  41. RyanL.
    Feb 20, 2008
    This is an amazing film and to say its to violent just isn't true because this stuff is actually happening in Burma so overall Stallone puts on an amazing performance.
  42. TedP.
    Feb 19, 2008
    Violent? Sure. But brutally authentic. A reminder of war
  43. AdamM.
    Feb 19, 2008
    No matter what any of the critics can say about the film, it delivers. Anyone going into this movie expecting the storyline of a Braveheart or even Saving Private Ryan would have to be kidding themselves. This movie gives the fans exactly what they would hope to see. Action, explosions, blood, guts, and Stallone coming out as a bad ass. Truly a GREAT guy flick.
  44. JimC
    Feb 18, 2008
    There were awesome explosions and kills. It was a great movie,but not worth a 10.
  45. BrandonE.
    Feb 17, 2008
    I am a Rambo fan since First Blood So I was excited and anxious when I heard This was being filmed. I did go into this thinking Stallone may have a hard time pulling Rambo off at his age, but the story and play fit pretty good with his life timeline as Rambo. Stallone is still in pretty good shape for his age. The acting was somewhat slow at times but bearable. I must admit that I was I am a Rambo fan since First Blood So I was excited and anxious when I heard This was being filmed. I did go into this thinking Stallone may have a hard time pulling Rambo off at his age, but the story and play fit pretty good with his life timeline as Rambo. Stallone is still in pretty good shape for his age. The acting was somewhat slow at times but bearable. I must admit that I was absolutely awed by the Graphic brutality that Stallone was obviously trying to portray of the Burmese Army. I believe this was Stallone's way of showing the world the Burmese situation. This film is as Much a political cry for the Burmese people as it was showing Evil getting it's just due in the end. Having said all that I was pleasantly surprised by this Movies message and stunned at the same time that humans can be that brutal and evil to one another. It is a different type of Rambo, but a good one in my mind. Expand
  46. MarkR.
    Feb 17, 2008
    I'm 24 years old and I never had the chance to watch a Rambo movie in a movie theater... It was like watching an old friend coming back, thank you Stallone. Go see it.
  47. Balla
    Feb 15, 2008
    Insane adrenaline rush action film that didn't need to make me think for me to thoroughly enjoy it.
  48. ErnieL.
    Feb 14, 2008
    Ultra violence and gore is campy now? What a waste of time. Stallone's worst acting performance, ever.
  49. Andrew
    Feb 13, 2008
    Very entertaining movie.
  50. bambam
    Feb 12, 2008
    Good graphics no story no point not like any other Rambo. Unfortunately made me uncomfortable like Stallone ran out of money and is taking his past successes out for another spin
  51. JeffI.
    Feb 8, 2008
    I cant even begin to explain how great this movie was.
  52. MarvinT.
    Feb 8, 2008
    Haha Rambo I don't know how a critic could seriously rate this movie lower then a 10 we all know your not going to see it for the cinematic experience and nice cinematography its Rambo 100 people get blown to bits. Just what I expected.
  53. LarryN.
    Feb 8, 2008
    Went with my dad & son for a Saturday afternoon at the movies. My son picked Rambo, I had little to no expectations. This is an excellent action film, very well done, from the cinematography to the sound, direction, script, special effects, and acting. Of course if this not your favorite movie genre & you don't like Stallone stay away, but please leave your bogus comments to yourself.
  54. OsitoH.
    Feb 6, 2008
    I really enjoyed it. Stallone is a man with moral as well as physical courage--he has the cajones to say that when dealing with evil men it takes more than appealing to their better nature.
  55. MikeC.
    Feb 5, 2008
    As many of critics would say, it's a Rambo movie so don't be so serious. We take it serious because we waited and had high hopes for a new Rambo movie. Aside from violence, the substances that made the old movies great are missing.
  56. JoeyW.
    Feb 5, 2008
    There is no doubt that this movie is built around as many fight scenes as possible. And although the plot was shaky and acting was bad, the fight scenes were truly amazing, and the way Rambo kills the hundreds of people that he does is truly awesome! Also I think it was smart of Stalone to leave himself nearly two different lines in the first quarter of the movie.
  57. ChristianD.
    Feb 4, 2008
    It was absolutely insane. I went in looking for a Rambo movie and i got a Rambo movie. zero punches were pulled, and it was by far one of the best action movies i have seen in theaters in quite some time. Stallone is back with a vengeance. that man will be making action movies until his heart stops.
  58. CatalinS.
    Feb 4, 2008
    John Rambo is a real action movie.Probably the best. The movie have a deep message and is outstanding.Maybe the critics wants to see in John Rambo a love movie well its not, its a masterpiece. This is the best Rambo .
  59. AnnB.
    Feb 3, 2008
    My husband really wanted to see this one so I went along fully expecting to hate it. Surprise! I liked it for what it was, an action/adventure, shoot'em up. What else would one expect from a Rambo movie? Also, there were quite a few women in the audience at our theater, another surprise.
  60. JosephS.
    Feb 3, 2008
    Much more like first blood than its sequels. This is by far the best Rambo since first blood. and boy is it violent. You like action.....than don't miss Rambo.
  61. DanielA
    Feb 3, 2008
    The most fun I've had in ages!
  62. JohnC
    Feb 2, 2008
    Gone with the wind, Titanic, and Exorcist may be the best in their categories but Rambo is the best in its category!
  63. BenR.
    Feb 1, 2008
    Second best Rambo movie. Despite its over the top violence it really made me wonder what was going on in Burma.
  64. JoeJ.
    Jan 31, 2008
    Great movie, awesome actions scenes, the story could have been better much better but amazing.
  65. DougP.
    Jan 31, 2008
    Best movie I have seen in ages. Amazing. Gore. Blood. Action. And a huge body count. Fk the critics.
  66. MelvinD.
    Jan 30, 2008
    The best thing about this movie is that it depicts what's going on in Myanmar(albeit a little bit exaggerated). Sure... it doesn't have the critic-appealing factors in movies like Children of Men but IMO, the best movies are the ones that stick in your head and stays in your mind (i even heard guys whistling to the Rambo tune in the washroom after the movie)...and Rambo 4 The best thing about this movie is that it depicts what's going on in Myanmar(albeit a little bit exaggerated). Sure... it doesn't have the critic-appealing factors in movies like Children of Men but IMO, the best movies are the ones that stick in your head and stays in your mind (i even heard guys whistling to the Rambo tune in the washroom after the movie)...and Rambo 4 definitely leaves a lasting impact. Great movie to watch if you have the balls for it. To me, it really made me look at the Myanmar situation seriously. And for that alone, this movie deserves a perfect 10. Expand
  67. TheSacMan
    Jan 30, 2008
    This exceeded my expectations. I mean I was dragged to this movie thinking it was going to suck. I made the mistake listening to the critics. Never again.
  68. ToddM
    Jan 30, 2008
    The MPAA rating says it all, "strong graphic bloody violence...." this movie would turn a gay man straight.
  69. DanR.
    Jan 29, 2008
    It's a Rambo movie everyone. Don't take yourselves so seriously. It was fun.
  70. DavidD
    Jan 29, 2008
    GREAT movie!! You hit it right on the nail Micah!! That was actually what Sly said in an interview also. I have never seen a movie so loved by both young and old until now. Kudos to Sly for doing such a great job of writing and directing and acting in a time where we all knew he would be made fun of for making another Rambo movie! Just like Rocky, he is really taking charge and kept the GREAT movie!! You hit it right on the nail Micah!! That was actually what Sly said in an interview also. I have never seen a movie so loved by both young and old until now. Kudos to Sly for doing such a great job of writing and directing and acting in a time where we all knew he would be made fun of for making another Rambo movie! Just like Rocky, he is really taking charge and kept the best for last! Great job!! Expand
  71. RaedB.
    Jan 29, 2008
    This is a perfect action flick. It had a all the key things that make a great action flick. This is the only movie I have seen in about 10 years that literally had none stop explosive action.
  72. JasonB.
    Bloody, gore, loved it.
  73. AlbertoC.
    Jan 29, 2008
    When i went to see this, I wasn't expecting much, And I was pleasantly surprised. The movie Starts more like a , Where are they now? Rambo edition episode, and then goes full blast when Rambo joins the mercenary unit to rescue the peace workers. Loved the crazy special fx's in the battle scenes, haven't seen gore that realistic in a war movie since Ryan's Privates, I When i went to see this, I wasn't expecting much, And I was pleasantly surprised. The movie Starts more like a , Where are they now? Rambo edition episode, and then goes full blast when Rambo joins the mercenary unit to rescue the peace workers. Loved the crazy special fx's in the battle scenes, haven't seen gore that realistic in a war movie since Ryan's Privates, I mean Private Ry....humm.... U know what I mean. Expand
  74. JayM
    Jan 29, 2008
    for all the people who thought this movie was going to be bad your so WRONG. this movie is pact with action,violence,gore. great movie 4 STARS!!!! deserves an Oscar. by far the best movie ive seen in a long time. those critics don't know anything there job is to destroy good movies. bastards. Stallone brilliant actor/director. LONG LIVE SYLVESTER STALLONE
  75. ArtF.
    Jan 29, 2008
    Look people, genocide goes on all over the world. While the ability of one man to survive such events is all Hollywood, the underlying story and violence is probably illustrated more accurately in this movie than any other fake propane explosion that Hollywood has ever created. This is what it feels like to see people ripped to pieces by high explosives and large caliber bullets. As a fan Look people, genocide goes on all over the world. While the ability of one man to survive such events is all Hollywood, the underlying story and violence is probably illustrated more accurately in this movie than any other fake propane explosion that Hollywood has ever created. This is what it feels like to see people ripped to pieces by high explosives and large caliber bullets. As a fan of well done action, this war movie is without peer. Talk to some of the folks coming home from Iraq who have been too close to an IED or had to pick up what was left of Pat Tillman. As for the acting, it was just what the story called for. Characters close to caricature but not so simple as to be ridiculous or unsympathetic. There is more entertainment and REAL message in this short film than all six of the last Star Wars and the Lord of the Rings films. See it and the next time you see a village in Africa that has been wiped out by gangs with heavy guns on Expand
  76. Jack
    Jan 29, 2008
    Lots of intense, explicit action. Don't get me wrong I loved First Blood and action movies, but this movie is so bad that we were laughing out loud in the theater! The movie shouldn't be taken very seriously anyway, though, since it is so dumb. We actually have a club that nominates the dumbest movies each year, vote, and then go see it all together. So far this film is leading Lots of intense, explicit action. Don't get me wrong I loved First Blood and action movies, but this movie is so bad that we were laughing out loud in the theater! The movie shouldn't be taken very seriously anyway, though, since it is so dumb. We actually have a club that nominates the dumbest movies each year, vote, and then go see it all together. So far this film is leading our tally by a wide margin. Looks like I will be seeing it again. High comedy! Expand
  77. moviebuff
    Jan 29, 2008
    Tony montana are you in need of some counseling possibly?? Maybe some issues to discuss?? If anyone has ever taken the time to watch a Rambo movie it is not all fluff and frills, it is war. War is blood, this is what you expect when purchasing the tickets.
  78. MattB.
    Jan 28, 2008
    I would like to know how all these critics got their jobs. Because they are freaking idiots. This movie was Awesome. Any critic that says otherwise is an idiot.
  79. DanS.
    Jan 28, 2008
    If you want action, here you go. Rambo is not a good all around movie, but when you go to a Stallone film, is your first thought, "I hope there is a solid plot" NO! You want action, and Rambo serves it on a golden platter.
  80. WillP.
    Jan 28, 2008
    Wow, what a ride. Rambo offers an unadulterated, boiled down depiction of the warlord-driven and uncontrolled human rights situation in many countries in the world today. Rambo is stoic and statuesque in his actions, but in my opinion, making him all the more bad ass. The violence in this movie is gruesome and sometimes overwhelming, but never gratuitous. The basic message is that war Wow, what a ride. Rambo offers an unadulterated, boiled down depiction of the warlord-driven and uncontrolled human rights situation in many countries in the world today. Rambo is stoic and statuesque in his actions, but in my opinion, making him all the more bad ass. The violence in this movie is gruesome and sometimes overwhelming, but never gratuitous. The basic message is that war sucks, and it is here to stay. The only reason this movie got a 9 instead of 10 is that sometimes the dialogue is poorly executed (mainly the group of missionaries), but in every other way this movie is awesome. Don't listen to the critics: this is bad ass at it's best. Expand
  81. TonyMontana
    Jan 28, 2008
    It was okay. Just what you'd expect. Look out for the rather subtle homo-erotic semiotics. Don't forget RAMBO is, after all, an anagram of 'ARBOM', which is Latin for the ancient act of touching another man's genitals. Big guns, vein-throbbing action - you know what it all means.
  82. JSweet
    Jan 28, 2008
    The movie was great. I have no idea what some of these critics are talking about. They need a reality check about war and genocide. I only wish it was longer.
  83. Micah
    Jan 28, 2008
    Holy Crap that was awesome! In a culture that demands that everyone must be equally and pathetically feminine, I completely expected the critics to respond in the same spineless, limp way they always do. Heaven forbid a man act like one. Anyway don't worry, I'm sure watching one episode of "Will and Grace" will wash that mean man right out of your hair. For everybody else, keep Holy Crap that was awesome! In a culture that demands that everyone must be equally and pathetically feminine, I completely expected the critics to respond in the same spineless, limp way they always do. Heaven forbid a man act like one. Anyway don't worry, I'm sure watching one episode of "Will and Grace" will wash that mean man right out of your hair. For everybody else, keep them coming! There are some of us that still haven't found that feminine side yet. Expand
  84. MikeP
    Jan 28, 2008
    The whole movie can summed up like this: Intro, meet major characters (15 mins). Plot line 1 (15 mins) Plot twist which drives the rest of the movie. (5 mins) The rest of the film is one big action scene (35 very fast minutes) into 5 minute conclusion (roll credits, queue laughter) The interaction between good old John R and the female do gooder, set the pace for the movie. Her The whole movie can summed up like this: Intro, meet major characters (15 mins). Plot line 1 (15 mins) Plot twist which drives the rest of the movie. (5 mins) The rest of the film is one big action scene (35 very fast minutes) into 5 minute conclusion (roll credits, queue laughter) The interaction between good old John R and the female do gooder, set the pace for the movie. Her "negotiation" to get Rambo to take them up river is all of 4 lines of dialog and 30 seconds of screen time. I exaggerate slightly, but this is a common flaw of the Film. The plot is simple, to be expected. Which is why I don't understand the lack of any sort of character development beyond the superficial first impression we're given. It feels like the movie was constructed to rush us through the ride like a bad amusement park. Everything just starts and ends way too quickly. I was just getting into the movie when the credits rolled. What I saw, I really enjoyed. The action was fast and gory like a classic 1980's movie. No sign of bad CGI. The targets of Rambo's rage all explode into red oatmeal like goop. What action there was, they did a great job with It was simply way too short to get higher than an 8. Expand
  85. BenJ.
    Jan 28, 2008
    Is there really something to enjoy in what basically amounts to a Burmese snuff film? The action scenes were all technically well done. The scenes were never confusing and reminiscent of 80's actioners in feel. The action continually ups the ante in terms of both excitement and gore. The violence is never bogged down by a deep plot. But that may be the problem right there. Everything Is there really something to enjoy in what basically amounts to a Burmese snuff film? The action scenes were all technically well done. The scenes were never confusing and reminiscent of 80's actioners in feel. The action continually ups the ante in terms of both excitement and gore. The violence is never bogged down by a deep plot. But that may be the problem right there. Everything around the action scenes was deeply troubling. The dialogue and the acting was all pretty terrible, but the half-hearted attempt at some sort of morality was what is really disturbing about this film. And before anyone says "Dude, it's Rambo, don't go searching for deeper meanings," I am just responding to what Stallone as writer and director put in the movie. It's in there, so I am going to comment on it. I will say that I am glad there was at least an attempt at some sort of commentary or deeper meaning, because otherwise it would've been just an almost pornographic series of gruesome killings. However, the morality of film is so muddled that I'm not convinced Stallone even knew what he was trying to say. Violence solves everything? Don't try to make positive change? You can't change your nature? What? And I don't even want to get into the implications regarding race in the movie. The film ends up being completely soulless. The action is impressive, but only for the fact that it is completely relentless. The film tries so desperately to make all the violence about something, but ultimately fails, and the audience is left wondering what the point was. Expand
  86. AndyA
    Jan 28, 2008
    Well, if you read the critic
  87. BrandonC.
    Jan 28, 2008
    This movie was great. Every single Stallone film that comes out gets panned, this one in particular because it has a powerful right wing message. Theres very little dialog, and a lot of good dying, but when they do talk, they tell you the only way to fix war is kill even more.
  88. LonnieC.
    Jan 28, 2008
    Rambo was exactly what I expected it to be: an over-the-top ode to the action movies of the 80s and 90s. It starts a little slow, but once the action starts, it rarely let's up. This was definitely not Citizen Kane or Gone With the Wind, but it was a mantastic thrillride. If you've ever enjoyed a Rambo movie, you must see this.
  89. ChrisS.
    Jan 28, 2008
    The best one since First Blood!
  90. FrankW.
    Jan 28, 2008
    This is hands down the best action movie that I've seen in years. Glad to see that Stallone still has the balls to release an "R" Rated movie unlikes some other action stars who made a mvie recently and toned it down so that it could reach a wider younder audience (*Cough* Die Hard). My only complaint is that it wasnt longer while it wouldnt have had the stamina to make it 3 hours, a This is hands down the best action movie that I've seen in years. Glad to see that Stallone still has the balls to release an "R" Rated movie unlikes some other action stars who made a mvie recently and toned it down so that it could reach a wider younder audience (*Cough* Die Hard). My only complaint is that it wasnt longer while it wouldnt have had the stamina to make it 3 hours, a 2 hour film would have been able to wind down the action at a more steady pace instead of just dropping off. All in all though it more than exceeded my expectations and left me wanting more of the old school action heroes. 10/10 Expand
  91. dutchMatrix
    Jan 28, 2008
    This is an awesome movie! Everyone loves war movies, Call of duty 4 anyone? Please tell all your friends to se it. why doesn't Arnold and Sly make a movie? I love 80's movies, now we need an 80's President!
  92. ToddA
    Jan 28, 2008
    what more could you ask for in an action movie? no cheesy love scenes, no stupid anti-war topics. just a man who knows what he was bred to do. and plenty of bad people to do it to. sure its a bit on the brutal side but if you cant take that then what the hell are you doing living in disneyland. fantastic action, great characters best movie in a loooong time
  93. FadiM
    Jan 27, 2008
    What can I really say, Stallone's still got it, an amazing movie. Go out and watch it, best of the year. Thank you Sylvester Stallone.
  94. ChadS
    Jan 27, 2008
    "Rambo" is the work of a desparate actor/filmmaker, who missed a golden opportunity to dig deep; to finally make amends with his big payday-motivated career choices and corresponding downward trajectory in popularity. The financially successful "First Blood", and its blockbuster follow-up, probably ruined his reputation as an actor like how "Smokey & the Bandit" made Burt Reynolds "Rambo" is the work of a desparate actor/filmmaker, who missed a golden opportunity to dig deep; to finally make amends with his big payday-motivated career choices and corresponding downward trajectory in popularity. The financially successful "First Blood", and its blockbuster follow-up, probably ruined his reputation as an actor like how "Smokey & the Bandit" made Burt Reynolds likewise, a washed-up A-lister, and industry laughingstock(before Paul Thomas Anderson's "Boogie Nights"). Instead of living up to his "the next Marlon Brando" billing, Sylvester Stallone made films like "Over the Top" and "Tango & Cash", which would later lead his nadir, "Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot"(w/Estelle Getty). It wasn't until James Mangold's "Copland" did audiences remember that Sylvester Stallone was indeed an actor, not just a celebrity. "Rambo", to my disappointment, is no meditation on violence like "Unforgiven"(in which Clint Eastwood returned to the western as a older, wiser actor/filmmaker); this fourth installment of the John Rambo saga is shockingly reductive. What little artistry that remains in the mind's eye of this filmmaker, based on this witless display of bang, bang, bang, and ka-boom, was spent on the nostalgia-heavy "Rocky Balboa". The violence on display here is supposed to be justified by its social consciousness; its global citizenry duty of shedding light on the social upheaval in southern Asia. Yeah, right; as if this movie's target audience gives a rat's ass about Burma. "Rambo" is pared down to the genre's essentials; blood and explosions, made reprehensible by its purported dilligence in political awareness. Expand
  95. MarcusL.
    Jan 27, 2008
    You got to check this movie out. This movie was a huge surprise. I may go see it again, the action scenes were incredible. The crowd was yelling and at the end of the movie there were applause. Stallone did a great job. I don't understand why the critics are panning this movie so bad. Maybe it was just too American. Awesome!!
  96. Happyman
    Jan 27, 2008
    This really is the best action movie of the decade, Gitty, violent, over the top and I loved every moment of it
  97. Joe
    Jan 27, 2008
    Simply, GREAT! If you like any of the previous Rambo movies than this will in no way disappoint. IMO this was the BEST of the series!
  98. JohnN.
    Jan 27, 2008
    It's funny looking at the "professional reviewers" compared to the viewers. They are not allowed to say they liked this movie. It was a blast. It was Rambo. He shows up, kicks the crap out of 200 guys, and goes home. I really loved it.
  99. dwalker
    Jan 27, 2008
    If you liked the first three rambo movies.................this is a must see....................trust me, you wii agree.
  100. Johnrambo
    Jan 27, 2008
    I just watched this movie and I was not disappointed! This movie makes you thankful that you live in America and not some third world country. Don't go by critic reviews, see this movie!

In the Rambo canon, where does this one fit? The tone is closer to "First Blood" but the body count is more "Rambo III." No matter how one dices and slices this new Rambo, the first one in 20 years, it will likely please fans of the long-in-the-tooth series.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Stallone (who looks fit but mostly keeps his shirt on) has no intention of bogging the action down, but it's still a notably cheerless exercise, without knowing winks or stabs (pardon the expression) at humor. It is in all respects, rather, a completely workmanlike effort.
  3. In short, No. 4 is one big snore.