8.5

1. May 1, 2015
    I hsdbxuvjxbsfcvhjv gxcghvn xhjvxjhbv xjhb nukjb j ufuunkl nkvhuivhzixgvucvgxukcb jbnjbbh bg b khvbxgjygvsdxcbhfsvdxcbhvcjhcxbhksbjkfkbjvbjdvbjfzbxcfxvxv
  2. Apr 25, 2015
    Delicious and entertaining, Pixar writer Brad Bird reaches the height of his La Vie en Rose career, with a beautiful masterpiece of the self-discovery of the unexpected talent within non-humans especially in the hands of a lone rat, whose only hope for survival is becoming a chef in one of Paris' most critically acclaimed restaurants, despite the odds and intolerance.

Its a sweet film

Its a sweet film thats like champagne bottles flowing simultaneously into the atmosphere and the smell of grapes in the air.
  3. Apr 24, 2015
    Describe the plot of Ratatouille to most and they’ll likely turn up their nose as if assaulted by a bad smell. It’s about a rat who yearns to be a chef. That’s not cute, that’s not flip and postmodern. Couldn’t we make it a giraffe who wants to play golf, or a hippo who dreams of being a stunt-hippo, or a gerbil who aspires to play lead guitar in a heavy-metal band (please note,Describe the plot of Ratatouille to most and they’ll likely turn up their nose as if assaulted by a bad smell. It’s about a rat who yearns to be a chef. That’s not cute, that’s not flip and postmodern. Couldn’t we make it a giraffe who wants to play golf, or a hippo who dreams of being a stunt-hippo, or a gerbil who aspires to play lead guitar in a heavy-metal band (please note, second-tier animation studios - these concepts are copyright Empire)? What’s cool about a rat in a kitchen? Isn’t it, like, kinda gross?

Au contraire, mes amis. After five minutes of Ratatouille you start getting excited about the time when you can buy it on DVD to use as life therapy, like a soothing bath or a dose of Librium. It may be Pixar’s masterpiece, but why quibble over niceties when they keep delivering stories this rich?

Even amongst the Hawaiian-shirted big brains of the Pixar think-tank, Brad Bird is taking on an auteurish hue for the fabulousness of his creations.

It’s farce and poetry both, able to make thrilling gearshifts from poignant characterisation into madcap as the film spills onto the streets to create chase sequences worthy of Chuck Jones or Fred Quimby. Visually, nothing is beyond these guys. From the fineness of Remy’s fur to the rain-slicked cobbles of the City Of Lights, they somehow grant synthesised surfaces the textures of life. Yet, the animation is at once extraordinary and hardly the point. So deft is the hand of Pixar that you are allowed to take their raptures of detail for granted - the incidental art is slave to the story. Pixar are not really animators at all, but storytellers par excellence whose carving knife happens to be a computer mouse.

By the third act, the standard recipe would be for Linguini to be de-toqued, the diminutive hero exposed and the villainous Skinner to be felled. That, though, is just one of the plot strands Bird has woven. Amid the flurry of impeccably timed disaster, Anton Ego will emerge from his coffin-shaped parlour to test this unforeseen turn-around at Gusteau’s and prove a salutary lesson for any critic as to their own worth. “Surprise me,” he sneers to the waiter, with the kind of disdain normally associated with Lady Bracknell or Daily Mail readers. So fully have you sunk into this animated world, so blurred are its joins with real life, that the resulting dish (designed with the help of hip chef Thomas Keller) lifts the film to rank alongside Babette’s Feast, Big Night or Ang Lee’s Taiwanese trilogy as literally mouth-watering. Although it rather takes the Happy Meal
    tie-in off the agenda.

It is impossible not to read Remy as a straight metaphor for Bird or Pixar as a whole. They are unable to let the soup sour when the perfect mix of flavours can be reached. But the message may be more democratic - not everyone can be a great artist, but true art can come from anywhere. Bird is an artist who looks deep into humans (even in rat form) and sees something magic. His films feel like gifts.

That feeling you have as you leave the cinema - that buzzing in the fingers and lightness in the heart - is called joy.
  4. Apr 20, 2015
    Certainly not Pixar's most laughable film to date, Ratatouille features a flawlessly executed concept and story in the world of Paris. In addition to its stunning animated visuals, you'll find above-standard voice acting from talented actors such as Ian Holm and Patton Oswalt. Although a little light on food content, I regret having waited this long to see this one.
  5. Apr 11, 2015
    a very good movie from Pixar. the story is great the charters are good the animation is good it just a really good movie to watch this movie..........
  6. Mar 28, 2015
    Pixar's latest installment is a recipe of success. Ratatouille is bold and classy with the flare of European culture. Patton Oswalt's adventurous critter spices a flamboyant film with an interesting plot and dynamic delivery.
  7. Mar 22, 2015
    10/10 ................................................................................................................................................
  8. Mar 17, 2015
    If I had to choose my favorite Pixar filmmaker that isn't John Lasseter, it's definitely going to have to be Brad Bird. He has shown such enthusiasm for the motion pictures, I find it hard not to like him.

'Ratatouille' is the second Disney-Pixar project directed by him, and to be honest, I had my doubts, for reasons obviously. First of all, this movie is released after Pixar's first

First of all, this movie is released after Pixar's first mediocre (but not terrible) effort 'Cars' (2006), the one Disney-Pixar film nobody raved about, and it fared well with critics and audiences, but it isn't universally loved like 'Toy Story' (1995) or 'Finding Nemo' (2003). Plus, Brad Bird's earlier effort was 'The Incredibles' (2004) which EVERYBODY (including myself) loved and to go from superheroes, to making a movie about a rat who cooks in a kitchen and everybody eats the food seems like a downgrade.

Yes, you heard right, the premise for this movie is a rat that cooks in a kitchen and everybody eats the food. If you pitched this idea to anyone else, including live-action filmmakers, they would laugh in your face. Ratatouille is an example and a demonstration of how there is no limit to the imagination when it comes to the art form of animation. You could come up with something outrageous or obnoxious, and animation will always be there to make it possible.

Patton Oswalt voices a rat named Remy, who, with his family, is always looking out for food, you know, like most rats. He discovers one day that food can taste amazing when you combine two different flavors that complement each other.

He is in France and learns that his favorite chef Gusteau (voiced by Brad Garrett) has passed away and the legacy of his restaurant is owned by an evil chef who cannot be trusted. Remy runs into a young, new employee at the restaurant named Linguini (Lou Romano) and they sort of come to an agreement that Linguini can prove himself to work at the restaurant as long as Remy does the cooking, underneath his hat.

When Remy starts treating Linguini like some ventriloquist by tugging on his hair, this leads to some funny sequences where he often trips and moves with such flexibility thanks to the art form of animation.

Peter O'Toole voices the fearsome food critic Anton Ego, who can get Gusteau's restaurant shut down if he criticizes the next dish and gives it a bad name.

Obviously Remy's family of dirty rats isn't happy with what he's doing so far, his father is unsure and uncomfortable about him working with humans due to the fact that we can kill rats since they're small creatures we can easily stamp on. Remy's brother Emile (Peter Sohn) is a very funny comic relief for the movie the same way Dory was for 'Finding Nemo' (2003).

'Ratatouille' is easily one of the best films of 2007, and that's saying something. It's funny because this movie left me craving for a sequel, which I will accept will probably never get made, but if it does, I'm hopping into the front seat.

For a movie that's about a rat who cooks in a kitchen and everybody eats the food, I did find it to be more intelligent than...say 'Transformers'? But that's just me.

Brad Bird really is a gift at Disney-Pixar.
  9. Feb 9, 2015
    One of Pixar's weakest films. I didn't like it that much. The animated people look ugly. The storyline is okay. The voice acting was fine. I only laughed once. I found Ratatouille pretty boring but it's your choice if you want to watch it or not.
  10. Oct 19, 2014
    Nobody in Hollywood today could make a story about a rat so fun and entertaining, other than the guy who made The Incredibles, Brad Bird. Great film worthy of all the awards it got.
  11. Oct 19, 2014
    Welcome to a entirely new and original world where the unthinkable combination of a rat and a 5-star gourmet restaurant come together for the ultimate fish-out-of-water tale.
  12. Oct 13, 2014
    Definitely one of those films that you’d have to eat before watching it. Besides that the film delivers well and the story is solid, Pixar really got the look and the movement of the rats right as well as the cooking shown in the film. Although there is a downfall that the character of Linguini is kind of a doofus and not really that memorable. In conclusion the movie is great and I wouldDefinitely one of those films that you’d have to eat before watching it. Besides that the film delivers well and the story is solid, Pixar really got the look and the movement of the rats right as well as the cooking shown in the film. Although there is a downfall that the character of Linguini is kind of a doofus and not really that memorable. In conclusion the movie is great and I would put it somewhere in the middle, it’s not my least favourite but it leans up against my favourite Pixar films. Expand
  13. Sep 28, 2014
    A great Pixar animation that I have watched countless times before, the story of a rat helping a French man fulfil his dream of becoming a chef, a fantastic film for all the family, and has tons of re-watch-ability too!
  14. Aug 14, 2014
    This is no "Toy Story" or "Finding Nemo". "Ratatouille" is a revisit of the classic Disney film style, where a simple and generic story becomes the medium for teaching its audience a single lesson, without attempting to entertain just with humorous lines and interesting characters. Like "Cinderella", "Beauty and the Beast" or "Aladdin", there is a single point to be made; and here it isThis is no "Toy Story" or "Finding Nemo". "Ratatouille" is a revisit of the classic Disney film style, where a simple and generic story becomes the medium for teaching its audience a single lesson, without attempting to entertain just with humorous lines and interesting characters. Like "Cinderella", "Beauty and the Beast" or "Aladdin", there is a single point to be made; and here it is the very Gusteau's motto: "Anyone can cook!". It is an obvious comment on racism and equal rights, a comment on what something seems and what something is. The film suggests that it is all about what we identify ourselves as and how we communicate it to others. A surprisingly solid and balanced plot, with some commendable voice acting, presented with likable CGI visuals and vivid colours. One of the most satisfying animated films Disney has released in the new millennium as a Pixar production. Expand
  15. Jul 6, 2014
    It has charm yet isn't mawkish so I have to roll me eyes or cover my ears for any stupid or ridiculous scenes. Insightful, with a lot of heart, it's a Pixar film for the whole family and even some adults. What can I say? It has a lot of pizzazz!
  16. Jun 29, 2014
    Charming, gorgeously animated, fantastically voiced and another appealing Pixar movie that goes to my collection of "My Favorite Animation Movies". Recommendable for all ages.
  17. Mar 15, 2014
    bard bird has a great imaginations and stories to for his animation films like incredibles . i thought paris films all they do is speak french but i am glad i didnt see people speaking different language . this was and film to understand
  18. Feb 14, 2014
    Astonishing and Amazing. A film to leave someone in awe and possibly begging for more. This is a Pixar film to treasure from start to finish. Every second of it.
  19. Jan 30, 2014
    One of my favorite animated films, but to say, my favorite. Thanks to "Ratatouille" I became the family chef. From beginning to end the story of Remy is surprising. Definitely a movie with a huge quality. Tomatoes, onions and bread only far from millimeters to be considered real. It is a true copy of Paris and customs. Clearly, a film you must watch before you die.
  20. Jan 6, 2014
    The best thing about the movie, is that it showcases Pixar's "mantra" that being story, story ...story. That along with having great characters/animation/dialog, which you just forget or never even consider are digital puppets.

The humor was great too, the gags situations character acting all contributing to making situations that "kids of all ages could "get". There is on one

There is on one level the entire story, of Remy and Linguini, but then there are 3 or 4 or more subplots and a number of dramatic scene changes which almost felt like separate chapters of the main story. That all contributed ..for me at least... to keeping the movie very interesting right to the end.
  21. Jan 3, 2014
    Divertido e com uma pitada de emoção isso o que define essa maravilhosa obra de arte de Pixar um dos melhores filmes já feitos nos últimos e porque não nos últimos tempos.
  22. Nov 15, 2013
    "Ratatouille" is a classic Pixar animation and a fantastic accomplishment. The animation is brilliant (as usual), it's well-directed, the script is intelligent and is consistently humorous. Pixar movies are textbook examples on how to make films for both kids and adults.
  23. Nov 13, 2013
    Ratatouille cooks up a fine film.
    Once again a very solid piece by Pixar, good story, a few laughs, and an unbelievable emotional connection between human and animation.
  24. Nov 10, 2013
    This was fun movie with drama and romance altogether
    be aware that you might get hungry while watching it :))
    I think in the long run it's a re-watchable animation suited for people of different ages
    I'd totally advise you buy it, make tons of delicious food, sit there and watch it
  25. Oct 31, 2013
    after making a not good film the pixar animation studios get right one more time again with this good film,but the people overrating this film a little bit.
  26. Oct 3, 2013
    At first thought, a film that combined rats and cooking would deem itself as an off-putting topic, but with Pixar being Pixar, they worked it to its best. They enhanced the classic encounters of vermin and restaurants by providing an enjoyable feature which honed the moral for being adventurous and different, as well as the balance of work and relations.

This original feature doesn't

This original feature doesn't fall short with humour, although less than their average inclusion, the humour is by lack of a better phrase humorous.

I am glad to say that Pixar has once again (by adapting their own quote) ‘surprised me’, and I hope they continue to do so in the future.
  27. Sep 19, 2013
    Even though it's rated G, this film has such an adult way of playing out and is very sophisticated. It is a melting pot of a movie. You get a little bit of French cooking, the secret ways of how a restaurant operates, you get a feel for 1930's Paris, and most importantly you feel the clique between Linguine and Collette. All of these elements come together in one helluva movie.
  28. Jul 22, 2013
    This film is a visual masterpiece, no question about it, but the tremendous work put into it is completely wasted because of the boring and mindless plot. It's about a rat who reads French cookbooks (I assume he can read in countless other languages too). The ghost of a deceased chef haunts our cute creature. (How did he stumble upon a rat in the first place?) Remy learns a lot from theThis film is a visual masterpiece, no question about it, but the tremendous work put into it is completely wasted because of the boring and mindless plot. It's about a rat who reads French cookbooks (I assume he can read in countless other languages too). The ghost of a deceased chef haunts our cute creature. (How did he stumble upon a rat in the first place?) Remy learns a lot from the chef's recipes, and shares his immense knowledge with a nerd with no talent whatsoever, using him as a puppet, and this bizarre double act self-evidently outdo any well trained cook in Paris. Moreover, the food critic whose devastating review made the former chef of the restaurant (our strange ghost) commit suicide, is enchanted with the dish based on the recipe of aforementioned chef, but prepared by our nerd who is guided bye the highly literate rat. This goofy mess of a story could still be partly compensated by a decent amount of jokes, but there is hardly any trace of them. All we left with is the stunning animation. Expand
  29. Jul 22, 2013
    "Ratatouille" is clever, imaginative, gorgeous, breathtaking, and proves Pixar's integrity. The film itself is of course wonderfully animated and characters are new and inventive. Remy, the protagonist, is a dreamer, who is extremely likable and is wonderful to see his growth. Side characters have a definite lasting impressions, as the love story of Collete and Linguini is a bit cliche,"Ratatouille" is clever, imaginative, gorgeous, breathtaking, and proves Pixar's integrity. The film itself is of course wonderfully animated and characters are new and inventive. Remy, the protagonist, is a dreamer, who is extremely likable and is wonderful to see his growth. Side characters have a definite lasting impressions, as the love story of Collete and Linguini is a bit cliche, but is still a wonderful side plot to enjoy. The film may seem a bit quirky, but the quirkiness braced is spectacular and original. With a wonderful message that tells us that "great artists can come from anywhere", "Ratatouille" leaves a long and wonderful lasting impression that ranks to the Pixar standard of ingenuity. Expand
  30. Jul 16, 2013
    Ratatouille is probably my favorite Disney movie of all time. It's both cute and funny. It scores points for having a great villain and an even sweeter hero... But most of all, it has an unforgettably cathartic finish that gets me every time.
  31. Jul 10, 2013
    Watching it gets me hungry, and it has its fun moments and great appeal. If you don't like it, thats just shocking then. Because this is the best Pixar film by far
  32. Jul 2, 2013
    As our unexpected hero Remy remarks in the film, "pure poetry" is quite the summing up of this miraculous film from Pixar, one of their best and most unorthodox to date. The film was not necessarily taken with great admiration upon its announcement, due to its content and of course its name. But what the film expertly does is refer to the name, and outline exactly the point its trying toAs our unexpected hero Remy remarks in the film, "pure poetry" is quite the summing up of this miraculous film from Pixar, one of their best and most unorthodox to date. The film was not necessarily taken with great admiration upon its announcement, due to its content and of course its name. But what the film expertly does is refer to the name, and outline exactly the point its trying to make, it isn't suppose to be appealing, and not to judge a book by its cover.
    The character of Remy is a rat, a rat with quite the heightened sense of smell, and with a taste for the finer things in life, namely the elegant cuisine of France, something which he is exceptionally good at creating.
    But when the chef and restaurant he idolises fall on hard times, he happens across the very place and witnesses a new dishwasher accidentally ruining a soup, Remy steps up to fix the problem. The dishwasher, Linguini, sees Remy cooking and the two decide to work a solution for Remy to take, for the fact that the rest of the restaurant staff believe the dishwasher is the expert cook.
    The film is a tale of pursuing what you want to do, and not to let anyone tell you any different. But the realism, while still ridiculous, is given a nice effect, as Remy and his human puppet realise he won't be accepted, therefore their carefully orchestrated means of cooking must be invisible to everyone else.
    The film is perhaps the most insightful and viewer-inspired creation from Pixar, full of messages and situations that a real life individual will face in their ongoing existence, family, love, trial and error and of course...success.
    As expected, the film is a visual delight, from the Paris skyline to the animation of Remy the rat working in the kitchen, each and every character, including the rats, have a distinct and unique look, setting them and their traits aside from the next person. A witty and hilarious script also benefits this excellent film, visual gags are in place across the film and the pacing of our characters is relevant to the story, especially working in a french restaurant.
    Ratatouille will never cease to surprise and exceed, it answers many questions surrounding acceptance and hard work, all true while making the point of enjoying and escaping in its wonderful world, reminding us that we can get by little help from our friends.
  33. Jun 25, 2013
    This film is a cinematographic masterpiece, comprising all the key elements of feel-good fun. Inspirational and delightful in its transmitting of the key messages which are cleverly interwoven into a thoroughly entertaining plot, the lovable characters simply slot perfectly into place, telling the unusual though very original story in true Disney style.
  34. May 10, 2013
    Great animation! Probably one of the best choices you can make if you're going to watch it with your family,friends or even alone! Superb quality Pixar project! If you haven't seen it and you're a hardcore Disney fan or just a person who loves animations. Do it now! My final score is 7/10
  35. May 7, 2013
    This is certainly up there with some of Pixar's finest work, and its only the second time I've seen it but I enjoyed it much more second time around. Its such a creative concept and whoever thought of a rat cooking was pretty creative :P The characters are very likable and the clever storyline flows well throughout. There is also enough for both adults and kids to enjoy here and there is aThis is certainly up there with some of Pixar's finest work, and its only the second time I've seen it but I enjoyed it much more second time around. Its such a creative concept and whoever thought of a rat cooking was pretty creative :P The characters are very likable and the clever storyline flows well throughout. There is also enough for both adults and kids to enjoy here and there is a nice medium for the both. Overall a very enjoyable film I would certainly recommend Expand
  36. Apr 9, 2013
    Ratatouille has more life, meaning and intelligence then almost every film out there. Pixar has always done a fantastic job of reaching out to children, while drawing adults in and Ratatouille is no exception.
  37. Mar 27, 2013
    Very good animation and story line. Creativity was visible throughout the film, although the addition of Gusteux's ghost was a bit corny. The ending was't the best, but at least the bad guy didn't win.
  38. Jan 3, 2013
    Finally had the time to get around watching this film, and I wished I watched this sooner. It was an enjoyable experience - with loveable characters and brilliant animation.
  39. Dec 24, 2012
    Original, well done, and well written this is sure to dazzle kids and adults.Lesson for everybody: Kid films shouldn't be bad for teens and adults. This movie has charm to it. I liked it, but I didn't love it. It's a good movie, and certainly Pixar's classic group.
    Diagnosis: Please see this film!
  40. Nov 1, 2012
    Another great computer-animated film for Walt Disney! A different, and more unusual plot compared to typical happy-ending movies. The movie also presented and gave viewers a sense of how dynamic the kitchen in a restaurant is. A little unrealistic, but overall a well done.
  41. Jul 22, 2012
    One of the most amazing kids movie ever. The animation is amazing. It's such a perfect film and you can watch as many times as you want and it never gets boring. Good for adults and children.
  42. Jun 28, 2012
    It is a great film full of human emotion with an extremely well told story which is always pixar's strongest point. We deeply care for these characters which is what interests the viewer and makes the film truly memorable. The ending is nothing short of greatness. It brings all the themes and together with parallel scenes and humour.
  43. Jun 3, 2012
    Simply One Of The Best Movies Of 2007!
    One Word For This Movie: Amazing
  44. Apr 30, 2012
    This is one of the best animated movies ever done, in the same spirit of hard work that Disney studios is famous for soon to be, a century. An original story with twists and turns that keeps you interested until the last frame. A must see for every cinephile and animation scholar.
  45. Jan 16, 2012
    Ratatouille is funny, original, heartfelt, well voice acted and beautifully animated. As Pixar makes more and more movies they make just fantastic films like Ratatouille. I give this film 96%.
  46. Jan 16, 2012
    This movie is really outstanding! The graphics were excellent, the theme is great, the plot is mesmerizing, the characters were amazing. Everything in this film were fantastic. This is a true masterpiece...
  47. Jan 10, 2012
    This movie is a perfect work of art describing something that we humans don't generally like to come across. But I think the world may have forgotten that this has the "Pixar Touch." It's one of those movies that changes your perspective about something. In my case, food. And as Gusteau says, "Never let someone define your limits because of who you are or where you come from."
  48. Dec 11, 2011
    Animated by the breathtaking visuals that you would expect from a Pixar film and inspired by a rich, charming narrative, "Ratatouille" is as delicious as it sounds.
  49. Dec 8, 2011
    I love absolutely everything about this film. It is Pixar's finest standalone film, which is saying something. I love the story, comedy, voice acting, animation and the fact that (sorry) some of the characters actually look like they're from France. Seriously, I cannot fault this film.
  50. Nov 21, 2011
    Even after seeing this Pixar movie for the BILLIONth time, I'm not sick of it. This is definitely one of Pixar's best works. The cuisine mixed in with the film's plot, and how Pixar used animation to create the most GORGEOUS looking Paris I've seen in a film, animated or not. SEE THIS FILM.
  51. Nov 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is one of Pixar's best movies yet. Remy the rat wants to become a chef and his dream comes true when he accidentally ends up in Paris and and discovers a 5-star restaurant. Expand
  52. Nov 7, 2011
    Its very very difficult to get food appetizing in a cartoon and the animators did a great job in this movie. I enjoyed the culture of the film but the overall story was a little too predictable and standard, perhaps the movie needed more laughs. It's not Pixars best but Ratatouille was a fun and worth while animated movie.
  53. Nov 6, 2011
    Ratatouille is clever, witty and beautifully animated. One of Pixar's finest achievements since the first Toy Story back in '95. This movie makes me hungry!!!! 4/4 stars.
  54. Oct 19, 2011
    I really didn't enjoy this film, i'm a bit disappointed actually. I was looking forward to seeing it, I mean, the advert was quite good. But after watching the film I realised that the bits that were in the advert were the only good bits in the film, and that's not that many.
  55. Oct 9, 2011
    Out of all 12 Pixar films, Ratatouille has to be the finest if only because it is one of the most visually stunning movies ever made. While other films try to show off the majestic look of Paris (Midnight in Paris, Taken and Monte Carlo) they never really succeed and its odd that the film that finally pulls it off isn't even live action. If anything Ratatouille is the most grown up of theOut of all 12 Pixar films, Ratatouille has to be the finest if only because it is one of the most visually stunning movies ever made. While other films try to show off the majestic look of Paris (Midnight in Paris, Taken and Monte Carlo) they never really succeed and its odd that the film that finally pulls it off isn't even live action. If anything Ratatouille is the most grown up of the Pixar fold (even Up) with the story being remarkably layered and engrossing. Sure the beginning is a bit slow but the slow build works because when Remy finally crawls out upon the magnificent vista that is Paris the film takes flight. It is a fast paced story of a rat named Remy (Voiced by Patton Oswald) who has always wanted to be a chef despite his obvious limitations He finally gets that chance thanks to an inept yet lovable human named Linguini (Lou Romano). There are some truly stunning parts of Ratatouille but you I won't ruin them because they really are fantastic. Of course it is a film for both child and adult as every other Pixar film but the thing that holds it up above all the others is the fact that the film builds as it goes. Unlike Up which has a brilliant opening sequence but doesn't live up to it, Ratatouille gets better as it goes with one moment near the end with Peter O'Toole's Ego being a brilliant piece of film despite the fact there are absolutely no words spoken. It is a classic film that gave me lots to think about after I watched it and even more after I watched it again. A real masterpiece. Expand
  56. Sep 29, 2011
    "Ratatouille" is a movie created for only the Westerners and ends up appealing to both western and eastern people.
  57. Aug 12, 2011
    This movie is the start of a flawless four film streak by Pixar from 2007's Ratatouille to 2010's Toy Story 3. This one is one the especially strong Pixar efforts in terms of Comedy. There's also a pure artistic appeal to the whole film, wether it's the animation itself, the French sets or the whole animated city of Paris, this movie seems like one of the most delicately executed andThis movie is the start of a flawless four film streak by Pixar from 2007's Ratatouille to 2010's Toy Story 3. This one is one the especially strong Pixar efforts in terms of Comedy. There's also a pure artistic appeal to the whole film, wether it's the animation itself, the French sets or the whole animated city of Paris, this movie seems like one of the most delicately executed and thought out films of 2007 Expand
  58. Jul 27, 2011
    I've loved every film Pixar has made, and this is no exception. The animation is excellent, and so is the humor. This film, like every one of Pixar films, is a fun treat for kids and adults. It is totally worth buying on DVD or Blu-Ray. But while it's better than Cars and A Bug's Life, it still does not meet the standard of Toy Story and Finding Nemo. It's a great film, not a masterpieceI've loved every film Pixar has made, and this is no exception. The animation is excellent, and so is the humor. This film, like every one of Pixar films, is a fun treat for kids and adults. It is totally worth buying on DVD or Blu-Ray. But while it's better than Cars and A Bug's Life, it still does not meet the standard of Toy Story and Finding Nemo. It's a great film, not a masterpiece like Brad Bird's two other films: The Incredibles and The Iron Giant. So yeah. It's a very good movie. Expand
  59. Apr 7, 2011
    Let me just say that I hate and have no respect for Patton Oswalt whatsoever for reasons I'd rather not discuss. But watching this movie, I could easily forget he's the voice of Remy, becuase I loved everything about this movie. As always Pixar, great job!
  60. Apr 2, 2011
    It does not matter where you come from, if you have a talent and love to do it you can achieve your dream. The movie shows tensions between family and career but resolves it by depicting that they can also go hand in hand. One of the big intentions of the filmmakers is to make the viewers losen up their preconceptions and narrow mindedness. Above all the Ratatouille aims to convince thatIt does not matter where you come from, if you have a talent and love to do it you can achieve your dream. The movie shows tensions between family and career but resolves it by depicting that they can also go hand in hand. One of the big intentions of the filmmakers is to make the viewers losen up their preconceptions and narrow mindedness. Above all the Ratatouille aims to convince that rats are also beings that deserve to be treated with respect (even if they steal sometimes). Another obvious theme related to food is making the viewer in times of fast food mass production aware that there is more to food than just getting your tummy full with little time, little money, and little taste. Even though all the characters have diverese and highly developed personalities, and the protagonists are cute and the story fun, it is not until the final climax of the movie that there is a scene that truly grabs you at your emotional core and makes you really happy. Ratatouille is a very nice addition to collection of the Pixar's animated feature films. Go watch it! Expand
  61. Feb 24, 2011
    He visto Ratatouille muchas veces, la califico como el mejor trabajo de Pixar-Disney, y eso que es muy dificil determinar cual de todos los trabajos de Pixar es el mejor, para mi gusto Remy, Et-Al deberian de tener mejor calificacion. Felicidades.
  62. Jan 30, 2011
    Pixar has never made a bad movie, but this is one that I did not think was as good as people made it sound. In fact, I think it is far overhyped. Sure, there is still some of the charm and good characters you come to expect, but the pacing of the movie brought this down for me making this movie just good, but not great.
  63. Jan 10, 2011
    By far one of the weakest recent animation films. The story is predictable and the script is banal without a hint of cleverness. Great for 10 year olds and Disney sycophants.
  64. Oct 31, 2010
    not my favorite movie, but it has great entertainment, great writing, and most of all: great animation.

Rating: 85%
  65. Aug 17, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best Pixar film? Maybe, Best 2007 film? definitely!! Ratatouille is a masterpiece that everyone will love. The characters, the humor, the memorable moments and basically everything in this movie is exellent. A delicious buffet.

Note: Sorry for my english, im from Costa Rica.
  66. RégisM.
    Jun 14, 2010
    Good ideas. Visually excellent. But not very funny. And worst : Again and again in an US movie about France, the action is in the present, but the Paris you see is like the 60's. Black and white TV, cars of 60's... I was disappointed.
  67. JackC
    Apr 17, 2010
    Such a great movie!
  68. Anna
    Apr 12, 2010
    Mildy entertaining until the end, where it proved to be truly heartwarming.
  69. markt
    Apr 2, 2010
    Amazing.........PIXAR have done it again and it's one of there best.
  70. DavidS
    Mar 18, 2010
    Quite honestly, I'm amazed and disappointed that this film is rated as highly as it is. Nearly every part of Rattatouille has been recycled from past Pixar films. Sure, the animation looks great... in fact visually, Rattatouille is beautiful. But shouldn't we be interested in telling a story, not showing a tech demo? Or is our society so bland and unintelligent that we find a Quite honestly, I'm amazed and disappointed that this film is rated as highly as it is. Nearly every part of Rattatouille has been recycled from past Pixar films. Sure, the animation looks great... in fact visually, Rattatouille is beautiful. But shouldn't we be interested in telling a story, not showing a tech demo? Or is our society so bland and unintelligent that we find a mouse learning to cook more entertaining than the Lord of the Rings Trilogy? Expand
  71. jahazielf
    Feb 24, 2010
    One of the most charming movies ever made. no company in the world knows how to approach making a character, and remy is one of their best. this movie has everything. it has a great story, wonderful charm, clever humor throughout, even a couple of action sequences. also, if you're watching it on blu-ray in 1080p, this will one of the most breathtaking visual feasts you will ever come across.
  72. AnweshP
    Feb 23, 2010
    Ratatouille incredibly convinces. It is great entertainment. Brad Bird rules!!
  73. KyleR
    Jan 25, 2010
    I liked this movie its a work of art pixar is does it again, good stuff... now for everyone wondering why this is rated top movie of all time status.. SPOILER.. a character in this movie has strong ties and relates to critics.. may be why critics love this.. if i ever make a movie ill be sure to give a critic a main role lol but i could be wrong this is a good movie its just not 10 worthy
  74. Audriana
    Jan 4, 2010
    I give this a 10!! I captivated me from the start of the movie to the credit role!!!
  75. JesseJ
    Dec 18, 2009
    Best pixar ever made. The most beautiful music and atmosphere that makes you want to cry.
  76. DavidS
    Nov 30, 2009
  77. JS
    Nov 28, 2009
    This movie had high expectations, it did not hit them for me. The animation was good, it was funny in parts, had a good storyline and was fun to see them cook, but it was missing the 'wow factor'.
  78. RyanM
    Sep 27, 2009
    One of my favorite movies of all time. Check out the full review on Rotten Tomatoes.
  79. RaulM.
    Sep 23, 2009
    In my opinion, THE greatest animated film of all time, and one of the greatest all-around films of all time. It's perfect.
  80. nickj
    Sep 10, 2009
    Ratatouille is the best animated film since Toy Story. It is a beautiful film that carries an extremely relevant pint in the world. However, it is also simply an enjoyable film from start to finish. I have now seen this movie around 10 times, and I love it every time. I just don't know how pixar does it. Bon Appetit!
  81. JimT
    Aug 28, 2009
    Pixar takes chances with every one of their movies. Some things stay the same - great storytelling and impeccable animation among them - but the company is not afraid to risk. And they almost always come through. This movie is brilliant in its color and delicious in its presentation. It's getting so I can't pick out my favorite Pixar movie any more, they get better and better. Pixar takes chances with every one of their movies. Some things stay the same - great storytelling and impeccable animation among them - but the company is not afraid to risk. And they almost always come through. This movie is brilliant in its color and delicious in its presentation. It's getting so I can't pick out my favorite Pixar movie any more, they get better and better. I've narrowed it down to about six, that number is subject to change every year. Expand
  82. ARGHARGH
    Aug 24, 2009
    One of the best Pixar films ever made. Beautiful to behold; it's a masterpiece.
  83. JayA.
    Aug 10, 2009
    The rat scenes are great; but the chefs are cliched and the dust boy Linguni kills the film with his over done voice and constant screaming. I can't believe it has such high critical acclaim.
  84. DanT
    Aug 9, 2009
    By far one of the best films of the 00s. A true work of imagination and heart. Everyone should see this film.
  85. LukeH
    Jul 17, 2009
    The only reason I watched this film is because my friend made me and, to be honest, i was expecting it to be another one of those films that Disney have recently begun spewing up as an excuse to make money. But this film is brilliant. It's funny, clever, pretty and has characters that you find yourself genuinely caring about. Unlike most other Disney films that have turned up since The only reason I watched this film is because my friend made me and, to be honest, i was expecting it to be another one of those films that Disney have recently begun spewing up as an excuse to make money. But this film is brilliant. It's funny, clever, pretty and has characters that you find yourself genuinely caring about. Unlike most other Disney films that have turned up since we hit the year 2000 (like Chicken Little, Lilo and Stitch and every straight to DVD movie) it doesn't rely on promotion to make it popular instead of actually producing a good film. Expand
  86. ChrisS
    May 4, 2009
    This is a very good movie and visually stunning but lets not get carried away on it being a masterpiece or anything of that nature
  87. Kent
    Mar 5, 2009
    This truly is Disney/Pixar's Magnum Opus. Excellent script, good graphics and nice character development. Brad Bird out-did himself here.
  88. KE.
    Jan 9, 2009
    I only was able to watch the first half, but despite that the movie was just simply awesome.
  89. KyleB.
    Jan 6, 2009
    I loved the movie, its the only movie that my family and I can all agree to watching, and even if there is a rat cooking it still makes us want to eat afterwards. Two thumbs up.
  90. HyperS
    Nov 30, 2008
    One of the best animated films I have ever seen. While the likes of Finding Nemo & Wall-E trump Ratatouille in stunning colorful visuals and character originality this movie excels in a wonderful mix of story and charm that I hadn't seen since the original Toy Story and adds in a dash of old school physical humor as the special ingredient. Yummy! My compliments to the chef.
  91. DanielF
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm in high school and its my favorite movie of all time, but it strangely seemed not to get as much attention as the other pixar movies. Wall-E was almost as good.
  92. BL
    Oct 17, 2008
    This movie gets better each time you watch it. Beautiful! If you "didn't get it" you probably don't have a soul.
  93. Ginny
    Oct 17, 2008
    Cute. But no matter how much a rat washed himself, I don't think I'd let it near food. Yuck.
  94. JoannaB
    Aug 31, 2008
    Absolutely loved this movie! I did not know what to expect, but this movie was just such a joy to watch. The animation,the message..a great family movie. It will not disappoint!
  95. ChrisC.
    Aug 21, 2008
    A fine movie indeed. I haven't exactly fallen in love with it (to the degree I have WALL-E), but it's charming and unique, and definitely has the power to put a satisfied smile on your face. Remy irritated me a little bit but I'll let that slide.
  96. AndyM.
    Jun 30, 2008
    It's a good movie, a really good movie, in fact. But was it as good as Finding Nemo? As good as Wall-E and the other Pixar classics? Perhaps, but not nearly as memorable. This movie just felt like... another. I can't find anything wrong with it, really. I can find things wrong in the other memorable Pixar films, but... those films had an air of charm and awe to them, which this It's a good movie, a really good movie, in fact. But was it as good as Finding Nemo? As good as Wall-E and the other Pixar classics? Perhaps, but not nearly as memorable. This movie just felt like... another. I can't find anything wrong with it, really. I can find things wrong in the other memorable Pixar films, but... those films had an air of charm and awe to them, which this unfortunately lacked. It may be the best reviewed of the Pixar movies, but not the most memorable in the slightest. And since I gave Wall-E a 9 and it was better than this, I have to give this one an 8. Expand
  97. WillB.
    Jun 19, 2008
    This is easily Pixar's finest film to date. The humor was clever and the story was unique. I loved every second of it and think that Linguini is simply one of the most amusing characters in the history of film. Five stars!
  98. WayneH
    Jun 16, 2008
    This movie just aint that good. It kinda bored me!
  99. AlyssaC.
    Jun 15, 2008
    The story plot was unique. I loved this movie.
  100. ET
    Jun 13, 2008
    I get it now.. most reviewers here seem to be voting on the Trailer, not the Movie. The Trailer gets a 10.. the concept sounds good and the animation is top notch. The Movie gets a 2.. it is tiresome to watch.

1. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    The subtle colors and textures of the food alone make Ratatouille a three-star Michelin evening.
    In Ratatouille, the level of moment-by-moment craftsmanship is a wonder.
    This is clearly one of the best of the year's films. Every time an animated film is successful, you have to read all over again about how animation isn't "just for children" but "for the whole family," and "even for adults going on their own." No kidding!